Media Megaforum

LOST season finale (spoiler warning, natch)
lukee at 10:59PM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
So, anyone else see the kick-awesome Season Finale of LOST?

“I was wrong.” <–totally cracked me up
–LUKEE Q. FINKLEBERG
Genuine President For Life No Seriously Guys I Mean It For Reals of the Top Drawer
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Eggbert at 11:11PM, May 24, 2006
(offline)
I spent a very long time trying to decifer the heiroglyphics on the counter only to later realise that five seconds of searching on the internet would tell me that some else has already done it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
Hawk at 11:26PM, May 24, 2006
(online)
I just watched it and it WAS a good episode. Dang.

It answered enough questions to make me happy, and it brought up enough new questions to keep me interested for next season.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
ozoneocean at 11:28PM, May 24, 2006
(online)
People show too much love for the series… So I haven't even bothered reading anything about it let alone watch it. That's just how I am. But then I haven't even turned on my TV for about 2 months… :?

Is it really as bad as I think it is? The TV equivalent of Titanic? (i.e. receiving the mass adoration of the masses)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
SpANG at 2:07PM, May 25, 2006
(online)
ozoneocean
People show too much love for the series… So I haven't even bothered reading anything about it let alone watch it. That's just how I am. But then I haven't even turned on my TV for about 2 months… :?

Is it really as bad as I think it is? The TV equivalent of Titanic? (i.e. receiving the mass adoration of the masses)

I tell ya, I can't be bothered with shows that “make you” tune in every week. This includes Lost, 24, Prison Break, and whatever's out there.

I like all of my stories self-contained. Less commitment that way. :P

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
stardusty at 5:30PM, May 25, 2006
(online)
I saw the very first episode of Lost and liked it, but then America's Next Top Model came on at the same time and I like that more. And I sorta don't feel like buying two seasons and watching fifty bajillion episodes. But everyone I know watches and loves Lost.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
ozoneocean at 5:52PM, May 25, 2006
(online)
Damn fucking pain in the arse FOX replaced Farscape with that “America's top model” show… just before they killed it. -Farscape that is
I hate Rupert Murdoch. He is a traitor to Australia! :x

America's Top Model would be more interesting if they actually got naked once in a while. I never saw that happen. Back-biting bitchiness and camp homosexual men who wish they were women so bad that they become misogynist queens, does make for a marginally interesting reality TV show. But it really needed more nudity to push it over the top.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
Terminal at 8:24PM, May 25, 2006
(online)
lukee
“I was wrong.” <–totally cracked me up

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Hawk at 8:43PM, May 25, 2006
(online)
ozoneocean

Trust me Ozone, I wouldn't dare touch anything that was comparable or equivalent to Titanic. If it ever got that comparison, it was probably from somebody who saw an episode that focused on character relationships, which is not the bulk of the show.

LOST thrives on mysteries… Elements of the show loop around to complicate the mysteries much like a gag would loop around in an episode of Seinfeld. What makes these mysteries so irresistable is the fact that the show feels so well-planned ahead and it portions out the answers to those mysteries gradually as you slowly begin to understand the situation and enjoy the characters. The characters themselves are enriched by showing us flashbacks of their past, which not only tell us why they are the way they are, but highlight ironic crossing of paths with other characters.

Best of all, anything can happen. They'll kill a main character or turn the tables just to prove it.

I was once like Spang and wouldn't dare watch a show that required such a committment out of me. I guess it's my fault for letting one episode suck me in. But now, after watching the season finale I just saw, I can't help but feel like it's one of the best-written TV shows in recent history.
Hawk at 2:00AM, May 27, 2006
(online)
Tater Salad
This sounds like the dumbest shit ever.

Okay, now it sound like you're trying to hate the show.

KC3T LV
Anyway, anybody have theories on what happens next? I think Michael is not going to use the coordinates to “go home”, for one. I think he realizes too much has been at stake lately to just follow commands anymore. And since he has Walt now, he may make better decisions for his friends. My guess is that he'll leave Walt somewhere and go back to settle the score with the people who took Jack and company.

That's actually a pretty good theory. I completely wrote off Michael, considering him a rotten jerk now. It would actually help my image of him a bit if he turned right back around to save his friends. Whatever he does, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.
Hawk at 4:55PM, May 27, 2006
(online)
tgrshrk06
Good theories on the three captives…here's another, they are going to try and convert them…LOL (Yeah RIGHT!)

That was kind of what I was thinking. When Fake Henry said they were the “good guys”, it implies that there are bad guys, and i don't think the survivors are it. I think the Others are fighting something else…. maybe it's these people who've been looking for the island and have just now found it thanks to the electromagnetic field no longer being operational.

I wonder if maybe Sawyer, Jack, and Girl-Jack will be used to aid the others in what they do…. even if they don't completely “convert over”. I hope they don't kill Sawyer. I know he's a jerk, but I really enjoy him.

Hey, here's a fun web page:
http://hansocareers.com/

You can apply for a job at the Hanso Corporation! A look at the jobs they have available tells a bit about what they do. Simian Veterenarian? Organ Courier? You guys are crazy!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved