Media Megaforum

Lost: final season
DrBob at 9:07PM, April 12, 2010
(offline)
So how are people enjoying the final season? I thought it started off a little slow (I wasn't a big fan of the whole temple plot line), but I've enjoyed it overall, and the last three episodes in particular have been phenomenal.

My prediction (and I'm not putting a spoiler on this because I have no idea if it's actually true) is that the sideways reality is in actuality the epilogue. Whatever happens in the final episode, it will put the island in the bottom of the ocean (as seen in the season opener), wipe out the conflict with Jacob and the Man in Black-UnLocke character, and all our characters are living out their lives without Jacob's influence which is what we're seeing in the sideways reality.

Any other predictions?

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Hawk at 12:43AM, April 13, 2010
(online)
I almost decided to give up on LOST, but because of how good this season has been so far, I'm glad I held out. There have been secrets and unanswered questions for SO LONG that I actually get a little giddy as they finally answer them.

I agree, the temple crap was less exciting, and I kind of hated the Japanese guy, but both of those problems have been rectified.

I have a hard time making predictions at this point. But I get the feeling that the events in the sideways reality are building up to something just as important as what's happening on the island. Maybe they'll connect somehow. The idea of the sideways reality being the epilogue is actually a good one, because I can't see why else they'd show us an alternate timeline, except maybe as a point of interest. However, if it is the epilogue, I can't figure out how anything could be happening on the island after the explosion, and what it would mean.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
DAJB at 10:00AM, April 13, 2010
(online)
I'm only watching it because it's the last season. I feel that, having watched it for this long, it would be kind of silly to give up this close to the end. I can't say I'm really enjoying it, though. The events on the island have just continued to get more and more ridiculous to the point where I now find myself laughing out loud every time something new is introduced to the plot.

There are only two things I'm actually liking about this series:

1. Sawyer's character seems as cynical about the supposed “plot developments” as I am, and he often seems to be voicing my disbelief for me!
2. The scenes in the “parallel reality” (as I assume it is) are actually far more entertaining than whatever happens to be taking place on the island, providing a welcome relief from the absurdity there.

I'm still watching but I'm finding it takes more effort to do so every week. I'm enduring rather than enjoying and I won't be sorry when it does finally end.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Product Placement at 1:23PM, April 13, 2010
(online)
You mean to tell me it's still going on!?!

I stopped following it when I found out that “the others” had others.

And I hated “the others”. Such self righteous deucebag a-holes. Every episode that featured them made me despise them more. When the show started feeding me the bull that they were actually good guys, I thought: “NO! Goodbye! Lost interest!”

However. If people can give me a non-spoiling reason why I should watch it now, I'm willing to listen.

P.S.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Hawk at 9:33PM, April 13, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
And I hated “the others”. Such self righteous deucebag a-holes. Every episode that featured them made me despise them more. When the show started feeding me the bull that they were actually good guys, I thought: “NO! Goodbye! Lost interest!”

However. If people can give me a non-spoiling reason why I should watch it now, I'm willing to listen.

I can't give you a reason, non-spoiling or otherwise, to watch the show. Watch it if you need closure, which obviously you don't because you stopped watching already.

While I've been enjoying this last season a LOT more than the three or four seasons before it, I can't guarantee they won't ruin the whole show with their resolution.
DrBob at 10:54AM, April 14, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
I stopped following it when I found out that “the others” had others. And I hated “the others”….

If you hate other others, then no you probably shouldn't watch it. I will say, though, that this season mirrors (and most resembles) Season 1. But if you go online and watch this season from the beginning, I imagine you're going to hate the temple and hate the different factions that spring up (I wasn't crazy about it, and I didn't mind the other others). So I'm not going to tell you to watch it and that you'll love it. You probably won't. But I'm enjoying it immensely.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
same at 11:36AM, April 14, 2010
(online)
I also stopped following it when Charlie died. Only good character apart from Sayid and Hurly. But i actually cant stand either anymore. Its all a dream. There. Ending spoiled.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
zaymac at 2:21PM, May 10, 2010
(online)
There are only 4 1/2 hours left, and so far I'm still underwhelmed. I don't know why but it seems like this season has really stalled in parts. I don't need an answer to everything like some people on the internet are clamoring for, but with only 4 1/2 hours left, I'd expect it to start picking up the pace a bit more. Last weeks episode was okay, but I'm really hoping tomorrow nights episode is what really lays a lot of it out there as to what the deal is between Jacob and MIB.

I guess we wait.

It's a Grizzly Bear battling Zombies. Do you need to know more?
DOLLAR STORE HAIRCUTA daily webcomic of unfunny.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:55PM
Hawk at 11:47AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
I've got a sinking suspicion that they're going to gradually kill almost everyone… except maybe one last person to run the island. The writers have proven time and time again that they'll kill any character just for the shock value of it. So anyone thinking, “Nah, they'll never kill Hurley. Don't worry, Kate's probably safe,” should probably be ready to find out otherwise.

I'll admit I'm riveted. It's so nice to have this show finally ending, and the loose ends being tied up.
Product Placement at 1:51PM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Since this is back, I'm curious. Did they ever explain what that damn monster was? It was what made me first interested in that show when they hinted its existence in the first episode and it infuriated me that they never provided a good explanation for it.

I mean, first it behaved like a large animal, then it suddenly started making mechanical sounds and then it turned out to be black smoke. What the hell is it?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Hawk at 2:40PM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Did they ever explain what that damn monster was?

It took them freakin' forever, but yes, they mostly explained what the monster was. It's actually one of the most key components to the entire mystery of the island.

And if you don't care about spoilers, I'll tell you:

The island is a place designed to keep something incredibly evil from escaping into the rest of the world. The evil thing is the monster. It has been trapped on the island for centuries (or more) looking for ways to escape. It takes multiple forms. Its natural form might be the black smoke you've seen, but it can also mimic the form of people who have died.

zaymac at 6:17AM, May 12, 2010
(online)
I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say about last nights episode. With so little time left in the series, it seemed a bit unnecessary to devote an entire hour to what I just watched last night. I think they could've accomplished just as much telling that story through brief flashbacks.

I also have a hard time believing that the creators knew who “Adam and Eve” were going to be from the start. And why were so many people bent out of shape in regards to finding out who “Adam and Eve” were in the first place. Of all the unanswered questions, is that really going to be a vital piece of information in the grand schem of things? The best part is, those people that were demanding it, are now complaining about it.

I guess that's the way it goes with these shows. Everyone has their own ideas and answers about how things should go. And when they are revealed to be different, they get pissed about it. :)

Hawk at 11:04AM, May 12, 2010
(online)
Are people really ticked off about who the Adam and Eve really are? I thought it was interesting. In fact, I enjoyed the whole episode. It was nice to get a break from Jack and Girl-Jack (then they both appeared for a brief clip, dang it).
zaymac at 1:05PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
I've been scouring the internet, and the consensus is people are irritated about Adam and Eve, as well as just about everything else about last nights episode.

I didn't hate it, my issue was more of where the placement of the episode occurred in the season. It should've aired earlier in the season instead of the third to last episode of the series. It sort of killed a bit of the momentum that they were building up last week.

Hawk at 2:51PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
zaymac
my issue was more of where the placement of the episode occurred in the season. It should've aired earlier in the season instead of the third to last episode of the series. It sort of killed a bit of the momentum that they were building up last week.

I can totally agree with that.

The writers have been secret-misers the whole time, and now it's like we're drinking from a fire hose. If they had given some answers earlier in the series I think it would have held a lot more viewers' attention.
face_deleted at 10:32PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Lmao I know I'm late with this, but I just joined this site and this thread title caught my attention, since I was a big fan of the show for a while. Until of course this last season. This last season was pretty lame, no offense to anyone. It was pretty obvious to me that the writers were just wrapping things up as quick as they could without putting too much creativity into it. The biggest hilite in my opinion was that fight between Sayid and the Temple dude (I forgot his name already). And that last episode was especially bad lol. They ended the series EXACTLY how I was hoping they wouldn't. And just the fact that Ben Linus, the guy who single handedly murdered hundreds of people (the original Dharma Initiative), was invited into that ‘church’ at the end, while Michael (who killed a fraction of the people Linus did) was nowhere in sight…. I mean, come on. Seasons 1-4, great stuff. The last season, blah.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved