MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia 42: The Forgotten Year
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:32PM, May 22, 2011
(online)
Great ending narrative Zeph.

And with me slaying Hark I have now become the manliest!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Niccea at 2:39PM, May 22, 2011
(offline)
Sorry Monkey, I'm still the manliest member of the Drunk Duck Mafia.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Ochitsukanai at 3:11PM, May 22, 2011
(online)
OH WELLLLL, so I died. I can't stay mad at Anthonycakes though.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Product Placement at 4:58PM, May 22, 2011
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
But you know how you got narrowed down to one of the two possible choices? Cause you haven't been helping the town out with solving clues. You have been surviving due to non participation. So you aren't helping the town side.
On surface it might look like that. I switched my tactics so that what I am doing does not become apparent until at the end of the game, because being public about it was getting myself killed. If I looked too pro-town, the mafia goes after me and during the very few games I got a mafia equivalent role, people noticed that my behavior was a little off and thus got attacked by the vigilante.

I still discuss clues but I do it in private with other people. I do allot of back-room dealings that benefit me and my side and inform those I trust of my findings. When I'm a pro-townie I try to be as inconspicuous as possible because I don't want the mafia to notice me.

And guess what? It works! I'm being attacked way less now and people don't see me coming when I'm evil.

However, you must realize that it's incredibly dissatisfying to be attacked not because I was found out, but because someone maid a wild guess. And you must understand that from where I was sitting it really does feel like a stretch that you would happen to pick me twice, via lottery results. Besides, I always disapprove when a pro-townie does something like that. I consider that to be very poor vigilante tactic and I've held onto that opinion ever since my very first game:

If it had been anyone other then you, who attacked me during the first night, I wouldn't have thought much about it. But lets face it. The two of us have history. In the past, whenever someone had an issue with me, it was usually you.

So you firmly believe that I was being personal with my Marshal video, while I claim it was supposed to be a funny comparison; Marshal was getting his own revenge, while counting up how many time's he's done so, just like I was doing. Well, then… consider this. If the tables were turned, and you were me, is it possible that maybe you might have come to a similar conclusion when reading someone going “Look how many time's I've killed you!”, after being killed by said person, after the first night, in a game where you had received what you would consider to be a very exiting role, then finding out that he killed you “just because the die said so”?

When it comes to these stupid mafia rivalry things that some people have going between them and was discussed earlier in this game, I have to say that I don't like them. If two individuals want to be all “we're rival, lol” and they can do so without causing bad blood between them, then more power to them. I, however, would just like to play the game without having to worry that someone's going to mess up my plans, just on the grounds that they don't like me.

Look. I'm now being earnest here. I react negatively to you because I always feel you're being negative to me. That's the impression I have of you. There's a good reason why. I'm still having a hard time letting go the way you treated me during the second monster mash game. I had nothing against you prior to then and, to this day, I still can't read through that game thread without getting what I consider to be very bad taste in my mouth (yes, I actually do read through the old games from time to time. Some of them are really fun games). Some of the things you said to me were really rude, both on the actual game thread and via PQ's. I was genuinely shocked, insulted and down right angry at you after it.

I'm not saying that I'm so petty, that I can't ever forgive you for it but that game left an impression on me that you are someone who doesn't like me. If you wish to further discuss this with me, we can take it to the PQ's but this is what I wanted to say. Other then that; I'm dropping the subject.

For everyone else, sorry about the rant.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
And with me slaying Hark I have now become the manliest!
Noooo… Not Hark! :(

Ah well… It was a good game. I felt it was an uphill battle for most of the game because so many things came into play that I didn't expect (Like roku saving Jninja (and then all my teammates not voting in time the next day, to save Gullas and getting rid of Jninja (I mean seriously Jninja, you have no idea how much I wanted you dead.)))

I want to thank Gullas for being such a great sport on killing Same and thus denying the town the doctor. That really helped us out.
Hark, my man. Were I a pro-townie, I would have hated you so much. But then again, everything you did made me smile an evil smile, so thank you for your great support.
Would have liked to see more of my teammates pull through but alas, I guess it was not meant to be.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Great ending narrative Zeph.
What he said.

I mean it. You did a good job with the narrations and it was a good game. GM mistakes are to be expected.

That reminds me. I'm wondering if we should make up some common GM guidelines. Share what mistakes we have made and offer suggestions to how to improve the game experience.

Suggestions would be things like; how to maintain neutrality, things you should say in the game thread, how to make good clues and so on.

I suppose the best place to keep these guidelines would be in a thread, inside the mafia forum, located here. We can then refer to it, during each GM election. So what do you guys think about it?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Zeph at 5:11PM, May 22, 2011
(online)
I wish the best of luck to whichever artist plans to tackle this game for the mafia comic, if that ever sees ressurection.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Niccea at 5:30PM, May 22, 2011
(offline)
The Mafia comic has been running off in-game user art this entire time. I've actually uploaded through game 43. I do want to go back to drawing it, so I will do it again for game 50 or win I'm entirely caught up with the comic. Whichever comes first.

I took PP's suggestion

-edit- I have this game uploaded now. It will run until the 31st. It is not too late for peeps to make pictures.
jninjashadow at 6:28PM, May 22, 2011
(online)
so i have finally got back, what did I mi- oh… oh wow… next time i get a kill role I'm going on a bloody rampage… it ends better for me
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
blindsk at 11:55PM, May 22, 2011
(online)
Niccea
Oh…and sorry blindsk and Anthony. I attacked blindsk for no apparent reason and it paid off.

It's fine, not the first time it's happened (including paying off for the person). I'd also like to say that the Zeph's narrations were very enjoyable to read!

And apparently I missed all my opportunities to vote. Sorry town, it was my first time siding with you. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Anthony Mercer at 5:45AM, May 23, 2011
(online)
Ochitsukanai
OH WELLLLL, so I died. I can't stay mad at Anthonycakes though.
I ajollopize!
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
harkovast at 10:23AM, May 23, 2011
(online)
i enjoyed that game, it was oddly cathartic somehow.
I need to be mayor and get you all killed more often.
Thumbs up from me, Zeph!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
Zeph at 6:13PM, May 23, 2011
(online)
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Product Placement at 6:51PM, May 23, 2011
(online)
Uhm…

…holy crap.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Niccea at 7:48PM, May 23, 2011
(offline)
Definitely insane…or blood deprived.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon