Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia 8- The Battle for Hark's Soul!
harkovast at 8:51AM, May 21, 2009
(online)
It is time for the 8th game of Drunk Duck Mafia.
And some crazy jive talking fools appear to have left me in charge!
Bwahaha!
Their first mistake!

Mafia is a great fun game that looks confusing on paper but is really easy to play.
When I first jumped into it I had no idea what was going on but I got the hang of it very quickly, so give it a go!

Also this time, we are playing for a prize! At the end we will elect a surviving player from the winning team that they think was the player of the match (you cant vote for yourself!) and they will get some bonus fan art for their comic, drawn by me!
If you don't have a comic…I guess I'll draw you something else (lets cross that bridge when we come to it!)

Mafia is an RPG were a town is infiltrated by an evil organisation and has to root out the bad guys before all the innocents are murdered in the night.
Whenever someone gets murdered, I will put some clues in the form of a narrative that relates to the killers comic or profile with which the towns folk can try to puzzle out who the bad guys are.
The towns folk then vote on who to lynch each day, and HOPEFULLY remove the bad guys before they run out of good guys!

Now normally the narrative of the story involves town people and mafia who are….zzzz….sorry I just fell asleep just thinking about it!
I think I can come up with a slightly more interesting story line this time around…..

THE PLOT…

Hark (that’s me) enjoyed living in the town of Townston. Other then the fact it was sometimes overrun by murderous mafia and mad lynch mobs it was a great place to live!

But then, one fateful day, Hark was bitten by a rare Spanish Mongoose!
The mongoose venom sent him into a strange delirium, as the toxin attacked his liver and the central disco system of his brain.

Hark began to hallucinate a strange, dream like version of Towston, filled with weird and wonderful characters that represented the different aspects of his personality, known as the Super-Ego.
But these peaceful figments began to be infiltrated by the darker, self destructive aspects of his personality (the ID!)
The ID was intent on destroying the Super Ego and leaving poor Hark stuck in a swirling vortex of madness.

Is Hark doomed to be destroyed by his own inner demons?
Or can the Super ego triumph against the sinister ID?
The battle for Hark’s soul is about to begin….

(Yes, the entire game is set inside my own insane imagination…just go with it!)

Right then. The rules.

(if you don’t understand how the game works after reading this, don’t worry! The easiest way to learn to play it is just to give it a go. I started out not understanding anything, and now I’m running the freakin game!)

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players. Once aspects of Hark’s personality have been removed, they don’t exist anymore, so they need to keep quiet!

3. All PQ's that I send you should be considered private. Do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Townston has a 48 hour day cycle. Day takes 24 hours to transpire and so does the night. At the end of each night I will post a narrative that includes clues for every kill that was made. All cycles end at 6PM CDT or Midnight GMT.

5. Actions are resolved on a chronological basis, but where the list starts is random. This is to discourage people from instantly sending in hits as soon as I get out the narrative. It is also to help my friends across the pond that the cycles end late for.

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else (ie, someone else kills your target before you do) your kill will be wasted for the night. I will notify you of this.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of Flawless Elvis Impersonator I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

Super Ego Roles
The super ego wins if they remove all of the ID players from Hark’s imaginary Townston.
Easy, right?

Flawless Elvis Impersonator!
In Hark’s mind the king is not dead! In fact the king is literally KING!
Though oddly everyone votes for him…..:
Any of the players can run for the role of FEI, and the one that the other players feel has the best leadership, is least likely to be ID and most resembles the king of rock and roll will become the FEI. An election will be held at the start of the game to decide this.
This gives the lucky player some additional powers.
It’s good to be the king: Increased vote count of 2 during killings.
VIVA LAS VEGAS!: The FEI can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynchess are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Elvis has not yet left the building: Cannot be killed during the night while his bad mother clucker(s) are alive. Only the FEI will know who the bodyguards are.
Blue Suede Shoes: These have no in game effect, but you better stay off of them!

Ultimate Space Wizard!
In order to maintain balance in Hark’s brain, the power of the FEI is balanced by the Ultimate Space Wizard!
Having failed to win the election to become FEI, the second place runner up will be launched into space where loveable aliens will teach him the mystical ways of magic!
With the combined powers of an astronaut and a wizard, the ultimate space wizard can cancel two lynches during the course of the game.
The ultimate space wizard needs to notify me before voting closes, if he wishes to use this power.
The other special advantage that the Ultimate Space Wizard enjoys is that he (like the FEI) is protected by the bad mother cluckers. He cannot be killed during the night while they are alive.

Bad Mother Cluckers!
Two random players (those without interesting roles) with be converted to Bad Mother Cluckers once the flawless elvis impersonator has been chosen.
They dress in large, mascot style chicken costumes, filling them with the sort of moronic bravery that only dressing up as poultry can provide.
They will gladly hurl their bodies in the way of anyway thing that threatens the glory of a fat man dressing up as a dead rock and roll singer!
They represent Hark’s brains natural defences that protect the running of his mind.

Dragon of Awesome!
The power of a dragon, combined with the power of ROCK!
The dragon of awesome is a huge green dragon that strides through Hark’s psyche, carrying a powerful electric guitar with the amp turned up to ELEVEN!
His powerful power chords can obliterate other parts of Hark’s psyche, blasting them from existence!
Each night, the Dragon can kill one other part of Hark’s psyche, in the hopes of eliminating the ID.
If the dragon of awesome should be slain, either by a lynch or by a night time murder, he will ‘pass on the axe’ to a random armoured kitty in the town who does not already have another role (such as flawless elvis impersonator)
I will notify that player that they are now the new dragon of awesome and can now perform night time kills from that point on.
The dragon of awesomeness represents Hark’s desire to rock out and wail on a guitar all the time.

Unicorn of World Peace!
All this magical unicorn is saying, is give peace a chance!
Awww, friendly pink unicorns, what’s not to love?
With the power of friendship, love, rainbows and mushy crap in general, the Unicorns of World peace will always work to protect other parts of the Super Ego form harm during the night.
They have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two ID attack a person being watched by one Unicorn, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the Unicorn chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.
The unicorns represent Hark’s friendly caring side.

Badger with a Scar!
Face it, badgers are tough!
They are the toughest animals in all the Animal Kingdom!
How tough?
They dig tunnels and live in sets!
So we are talkin REALLY tough!
But this badger is even tougher then most.
How do we know this?
Because he has a scar!!!
The badger with a scar is so tough that he can survive one night time attempt to kill him. Effectively he has two lives.
The badger with a scar represents the part of Hark’s personality that want to live underground.

Wolverine (from x-men)!
Listen, bub! Wolverine is a bad ass! He chomps cigars, hes got metal bones and he drives motor bikes off buildings into brick walls for yucks!
During the night phase, if anyone tries to use a night action on wolverine (super-ego or ID) they will be sliced with his adamantium claws! Wolverine is a psycho so he cannot choose NOT to kill people at night.
Should two persons take action towards him, the first person will die but the second will not.
Wolverine represents the part of Hark’s personality that really wants to be an X-man.

The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk)!
No one knows what the nose knows, except for the nose!
This powerful snout can sniff out clues and is privy to all sort of amazing and wonderful knowledge! He floats mysteriously through the town, dispensing wisdom and wearing a rather fetching trilby.
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me twice per game what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many ID voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.
The Nose represents Hark’s knowledge, such as it is.

Armoured Kitty!
The most common avatar of Hark’s personality, the armoured kitties are cats in heavy, but ineffectual body armour. They spend their time shamelessly plugging their web comics to each other and sharpening coloured pencils.
They have no special skills, but can vote, solve clues, run for office and potentially inherit the Dragon of Awesome’s guitar!

ID ROLES!
The ID represents the darker, more primitive side of Hark’s personality. For this reason they are all on an ape related theme….

The ID win if at any time they out number the Super-Ego.

Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar!
The most evil thing in all of Hark’s imagination is this wicked gorilla brain!
Even completely losing his entire body except for his brain and an eyeball has done nothing to stop his desire to do evil!
In side his jar he plots sinister schemes to destroy the Super Ego and spread chaos and destruction!
Evil Mind Power: The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar is able to send sinister psychic brain waves to his targets. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle, as their mind is a whirl of “ooks” and bananas!
EVIL! PURE, UNSTOPPABLE EVIL!: The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Lives in a Jar: The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar is safely stashed away by his minions, protecting him from harm. He will appear as an armoured kitty to the The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk). Also, he can't be killed by the Dragon of Awesome as long as this power is in effect.
Giant Robot Gorilla Body!: As his ultimate evil plan, the The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar can have his minions fit him into a giant robot body to attack the super ego personally. Once he uses this power, he loses all benefits from his Lives in a jar power. If the The Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar is ever the only ID left, this power is automatically activated.

Sinister Doctor Gibbon
Doctor Gibbon spends his time working out elaborate death traps with which to destroy the Super Ego.
These traps are so elaborate that they can take quite a while to put in motion…
Each night, the Sinister Doctor Gibbon can do one of the following, ensnare someone in a sinister plot, or set in motion a plot on a person who is already ensnared. If someone has a sinister plot put in motion against them, they will be killed! He can not ensnare someone and activate a plot in the same night. The Sinister Doctor Gibbon can at most keep two ensnared people in circulation but is free to ensnare more, once he's set one of his plots in motion. Every time he sets a plot in motion, a clue is given who he might be. Should the sinister doctor gibbon be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all plots will go into motion, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that plot. The beginnings of the plot are also discovered on the body, which gives the super ego a clue who he might be.

Heartless Ninja Monkey Twin
When a monkey’s heart stops beating, it can no longer feel love, only HATE!
These two cruel chimps use their murderous ninja skills to eliminate the Super Ego!
Other then their different coloured uniforms (red and blue) they are identical in all ways, especially in their capacity to be anti social and violent!
A heartless ninja monkey twin can kill one member of the super ego each night.

The game will need at least 20 people to begin. More people are free to join. Each player after the first twenty will cause serial killers to be added to the game. They are allowed one kill per night and have the objective of being the last person alive.
They will be named after celebrities that piss me off….

Elected posts
Flawless Elvis Impersonatorr:1
Ultimate Space Wizard:1

The Super Ego(16)

Bad Mother Cluckers:2
Dragon of Awesome:1
Unicorn of World Peace:2
badger with a scar:1
Wolverine (from x-men):1
The All Knowing Giant Flying Nose (that can also talk):1
Armoured Kitties: 8

The ID(4)
Evil Robot Gorilla Brain in a Jar:1
Sinister Doctor Gibbon:1
Heartless Ninja monkey twins:2

Please post on this thread if you want to sign up.
As soon as we get enough players we can begin the nightmare…

Signed up players-
(If you signed up and I missed you off this list, send me a pq!)

D_Dude
waff
Niccea
crocty
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Hakoshen
Kitty17
Gullas
InuYasha_Rules
rokulily
pastel
Product Placement
Air Raid Robertson
ozoneocean
ParkerFarker
Ryuthehedgewolf
humorman
KillerBob
Aghammer
Lunaris Victoria
the2ndredbaron
theorah

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
D_Dude at 9:29AM, May 21, 2009
(online)
Well I want to play in Hark's strange and disturbed mind. Sign me in!
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:29AM, May 21, 2009
(online)
Sign me up! Since I already declared in the last game to be in your head.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Hakoshen at 9:32AM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Count me in.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
crocty at 9:41AM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
I will of course join~
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
kitty17 at 9:50AM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
I'll join.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
gullas at 10:34AM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Hark my boy, there hasn't been a mafia without gullas the impaler(your friendly local butcher) yet, and this time will be no exception :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Niccea at 10:40AM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
The same goes for Niccea, the Great Deciever.

Of course I'm in. I wanted to be the first to sign up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
waff at 10:57AM, May 21, 2009
(online)
as your part-time psychiatrist/drinking buddy I have say…I'm in.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
InuYasha_Rules at 11:42AM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
I'm in…YOUR HEAD!!! lol

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Product Placement at 11:56AM, May 21, 2009
(online)
I guess I'll have to be your Tylenol® then.

I'm in.

Now where are those fancy titles we've been dishing out lately?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
crocty at 12:02PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement the bloody brilliant narrative writer!

It has a nice ring to it. :o
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Hakoshen at 1:01PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Nah nah, it's gotta be one or two words. PP the Narrator? Perhaps? I dunno, I'm just bored and trying to contribute.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
waff at 1:04PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
anyone got any Ideas how to promote this?

Product Placement at 1:05PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
Let's see. With the people we have and the titles that's been granted so far, we have…

D_Dude
Waff-man
Niccea the great deceiver (fixed)
Crotcy
TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner
Hakoshen
Kitty17 (the unkillable (I'm actually against this title. It could encourage people to target her because of the name))
Gullas the impaler.

I think those are all the official titles given so far.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 1:08PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
I'm not the betrayer.

I'm the deciever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Hakoshen at 1:09PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
There's also Hakoshen the Spartan (granted, though rarely attributed).

Doesn't Crocty have one too? For the life of me I want to say he does but can't think of what it is.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 1:14PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
Oops. Fixed the Niccea title.

Crocty had the happy bomber just for the fact that he was a mad bomber once. I don't know if that's a good title. I think the title should be earned based on something rememberable that you did from a previous game…. like Gullas getting the title “the impaler” because as a vigilante, he actually managed to out kill the mafia.

Monkey gets “the everlasting pardoner” on the grounds of actually manage to become a pardoner 3 times in a row. Kitty's “unkillable” title was suggested because she survives most games.

Why were you granted the title “the spartan” hakoshen? Was it because your narrations were so brutal?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 1:23PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Why were you granted the title “the spartan” hakoshen? Was it because your narrations were so brutal?

Maaaaybe. But I think it had something to do with how I died during your game.

/sigh, if I ever host another game I promise to make my narrations PG-13.
-Harkovast
waff at 1:32PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Product Placement

any tips for an aspiring gm then?

crocty at 1:42PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement

Crocty had the happy bomber just for the fact that he was a mad bomber once. I don't know if that's a good title. I think the title should be earned based on something rememberable that you did from a previous game…. like Gullas getting the title “the impaler” because as a vigilante, he actually managed to out kill the mafia.
:o Could be something about my high bad-guy role count…
waff at 1:47PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
crocty
Product Placement

:o Could be something about my high bad-guy role count…
how many times have gotten bomber?

crocty at 1:50PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
waff
how many times have gotten bomber?
Once.
I've been a mafioso once, Ripper Once, Godfather Twice (Although one of those times was a title that went on top of my ripper role) and Bomber once.
the2ndredbaron at 1:54PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
im in
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
kitty17 at 1:56PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Kitty17 (the unkillable (I'm actually against this title. It could encourage people to target her because of the name))

Yeah, I was pretty sure I'd be targeted first just for having that name, lol. But I like having a title…so it's fine for now.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Hakoshen at 2:05PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
waff
Hakoshen
Product Placement

Yes, if you have to describe how the victim was killed with more than two adjectives it's too violent :) .
-Harkovast
waff at 2:06PM, May 21, 2009
(online)

is this good for a recruitment poster?

Product Placement at 2:12PM, May 21, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
waff
Hakoshen
Product Placement

Yes, if you have to describe how the victim was killed with more than two adjectives it's too violent :) .
…. so I take it that this is no good huh?

PP's narration
A bullet suddenly flies through rokulily's neck. Grabbing around her wounds, she struggles for breath as she feels how the blood squirts down the pipe into her lungs in steady pulses. She stands up for a moment in a fit of panic, violently coughing up a thick and bloody lugy and falls down to the ground.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
InuYasha_Rules at 2:22PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Not bloody enough, lol.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Hakoshen at 2:29PM, May 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Hakoshen
waff
Hakoshen
Product Placement

…. so I take it that this is no good huh?

PP's narration
A bullet suddenly flies through rokulily's neck. Grabbing around her wounds, she struggles for breath as she feels how the blood squirts down the pipe into her lungs in steady pulses. She stands up for a moment in a fit of panic, violently coughing up a thick and bloody lugy and falls down to the ground.

Fine, if not awesome by my standards, but do it in every post and you'll be a Spartan too!
-Harkovast

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon