MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia II: The Expanded Edition
odysseus55 at 11:47PM, Feb. 16, 2009
(online)
Whoa boy is this going to be an interesting game.

I'd run, but I despise people in power. So I voted for Ochi. :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
gullas at 12:31AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
woa, a lot has happen since I was here.
Well I don't really mind who's going to become the mayor but I hope that whoever becomes one will make a good job as one, and keep all of us safe :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
skoolmunkee at 1:05AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
Haha, man. Tough choice….
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
waff at 1:19AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
This calls for some aggresive or super-liminal campaigning…HEY SKOOLMUNKEE VOTE FOR WAFF, I SHALL TRY MY BEST TO BE A GOOD MAYOR!!!THAT GOES FOR EVERYONE ELSE TOO!!!

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:43PM
harkovast at 2:47AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
I'm writing down the names of every one of you that does not vote for me.
No reason, just you never know when you might need a list of PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO DESTROY!!!!DESTROY!!!!!

Like I keep saying, I'm not a mafia, because humorman does not like me enough to make me a mafia and gave me a crappy role to spite me!

Everyone else has about a 25% chance of being a bad guy, I have about a 2% chnce of being a bad guy because I am so unbelievably unlucky.

Waff for mayor? If I was going to vote for a hobo, it would be the littlest one (because that dog is awesome!)
Waff couldn't mayor his way out of a wet paper bag!
He is a one legged man in a mayor kicking contest!
He is the Mayor chef that spoils the broth!
He is….um…stitch in mayor….
Look he sucks, alright? A vote for him a vote for a bunch of vague, wishy washy crapola!
With The Vast you know where I stand and you know what you are going to get!
Insanity, oppression and death.
But at least you can be certain about all that!

VOTE HARKOVAST!
Because everyday I find new ways to hate this town!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
waff at 3:40AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
so harkovast? you'r offering us a bad outcome thats certain rather than a good outcome thats possible? I know there are people who say they're better for mayor than me but they're offering the people(i.e. YOU) death,destruction and oppression while getting rid of the mafia, but while I can't truthly say that all of you will survive (Inorder for the townies to win the mafia need to die and vice-versa) I can say that I will work to minimise deaths among the townies…remember vote for the box-mecha.

Niccea at 4:00AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
-.- Well this actually was unexpected. I knew Ochi would win if she were to run. But I didn't think she would run. She has charisma gushing out the pores. Gah. I need a platform…

As a former mafia member I know how they think. Also, just like Ochi, I am decent with clues. I'm not an English major. I'm not skilled at rhetoric. But we don't need someone with fancy words. We need actions…so that is why I don't make long speeches.

I can promise you this as mayor there will be a page a day as soon as this game gets rolling in full. And that won't be an empty promise.

(Course I'd do that anyway)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Hakoshen at 6:12AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
Of all the things for an election to revolve around…

Okay, let me just say this then. I'm a CPI investigator. An investigative social worker is basically a stripped down detective without a gun and the power of arrest. If you want things figured out and figured out proper, then vote for me.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Ozoneocean at 6:21AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
Has everyone got their role now?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Niccea at 6:23AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
So? No offense, but Psychology and even English require detective work in their own rights. Not legally speaking, but they both require logical thinking.

If we want to go into jobs. I'm the book hound librarian. Give me a book and I will find it in my school's library within 5 minutes. (Conditions may apply). I was the one that found the lost books of the library.

-.-

And I'll get posters up eventually. I'm trying to get things put up in order because it is hell to order it later.

I have my role. It is…meh…don't like it too much.
Hakoshen at 6:26AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
So? No offense, but Psychology and even English require detective work in their own rights. Not legally speaking, but they both require logical thinking.

Oh, none taken, but golf and piloting cardboard mecha requires detective work by that argument. A fine backswing isn't going to do much for rooting out the mafia.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Niccea at 6:27AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
Niccea

Oh, none taken, but golf and piloting cardboard mecha requires detective work by that argument. A fine backswing isn't going to do much for rooting out the mafia.
No, but it would be efficient for killing them. ^,^
Hakoshen at 6:29AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
Niccea

I think… we just found our new means of public execution. Waff, build us a giant mechanical golf club.
-Harkovast
Ozoneocean at 6:31AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
I think… we just found our new means of public execution. Waff, build us a giant mechanical golf club.
…out of cardboard… T_T
Niccea at 6:32AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
I have one last thing to say:

As mayor I will try to limit off-topiciing in this thread. You heard me! Not only am I reformed mafia, but I'm a reformed off-topicer. There have been two homes for off-topicers founded in this town by Dukat and I. I will gently push the large off topic conversation here.

^.^

Niccea Term II
From Writing to Making History
waff at 6:33AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
Niccea

YAH thats brilliant I can just Imagine it… any one who pisses us off can be sent down the fairway…lets get ready to yell FORE!!!…vote for waff

waff at 6:35AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Hakoshen
…out of cardboard… T_T
*pointing over me shoulder* nah I think I found a comidecally large golf club head in the junkyard I just need to make a equally large handle and find something to swing it.

Hakoshen at 6:39AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
waff
pointing over me shoulder* nah I think I found a comidecally large golf club head in the junkyard I just need to make a equally large handle and find something to swing it.

Why not a telephone pole? When we upgraded from wooden ones to steel ones, the wooden ones were sent over there too.
-Harkovast
Ozoneocean at 6:47AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
Niccea
I have one last thing to say:

As mayor I will try to limit off-topiciing in this thread. You heard me! Not only am I reformed mafia, but I'm a reformed off-topicer. There have been two homes for off-topicers founded in this town by Dukat and I. I will gently push the large off topic conversation here.

^.^

Niccea Term II
How do we define off-toppicing?
Is roleplay about the game ok? Since that's what These guys do…

Personally, I found it entertaining to a point, but I found that is completely SWAMPED any game content. It meant we had to search through 60 pages of posts for clues and rules and things… Made it REALLY hard. Plus when I worked out the clues I had to keep on reposting them to keep them visible to people or else no one new about it. -as evidenced so many posts by people saying “so what's been happening” every day or two.

It meant I had to PQ people al the time asking them to vote for stuff because they didn't see anything in the thread and all they did in the thread was go on with the role play lol!

Fair enough, they had fun, but it makes me think you need one thread for the actual mafia game and one thread for mafia chat ;)
Niccea at 6:47AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
*corny television ad*

Niccea walks around a fake backdrop Townston. “Look at this place. It wasn't always like this. It used to be peaceful and full of laughter. Now our city has fallen into disrepair.” The camera pans over to the butcher shop with Gullas hard at work. “Even unborn children must work to survive. Here we see young Gullas, the one year old fetus, hard at work. For a period of time, things were so desperate that he was chopping up the corpses of those that have died.” The camera moves over to a newer looking store that has a giant mustache in the window. “New business has cropped up yes, but is it what we need?” The camera moves over to look a Waff who is sitting in a non-physics defying box. “Poverty is a big problem in our city. Waff here has been forced to sell his processions just to eat. He is even content with moldy sandwiches and the wrappers on granola bars. I wish to help people like him.” The scene fades into Niccea standing in a room holding a book. “As the historian, I know the mistakes that were made in the past with dealing with our cruel enemy, the mafia. Let me put it to good use.”

A message fades onto the screen:

Niccea Term II

(Paid for by the Niccea for Corrupt Government Official Campaign)
Niccea at 6:50AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Fair enough, they had fun, but it makes me think you need one thread for the actual mafia game and one thread for mafia chat ;)

I made that thread in the comic forum actually. I define off topicing as one page with nothing of intelligence on it. Intelligence is defined as stuff that pertains directly to the game (clue analysis, discussion of voting, etc.)

And the people who asked what is going on? Often asked it within two pages. Some even asked it after everything was explained.
Niccea at 7:49AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
O.o The mustache is spreading…plague is now outside the game…
leaderofstars at 8:27AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
eh no one listen to the genius oh and lets ignore the fact that last game y'all elected a gullible idiot with a ‘stache *looks at everyone else* welt we’re doomed
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
Niccea at 8:42AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
leaderofstars
eh no one listen to the genius oh and lets ignore the fact that last game y'all elected a gullible idiot with a ‘stache *looks at everyone else* welt we’re doomed
That is stereotyping right there. Ochi is just trying to get her new business off the ground.
Ozoneocean at 8:56AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
leaderofstars
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

I seem to recall you telling the entire thread your role and even PQing it to the godfather lol!

…Whereas I almost single handedly won the game.

When it comes to gullible, I think we can safely say you OWN that role for allll time ;)
Niccea at 9:02AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
leaderofstars
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

I seem to recall you telling the entire thread your role and even PQing it to the godfather lol!

When it comes to gullible, I think we can safely say you OWN that role for allll time ;)
Hear hear.
waff at 9:05AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
Niccea
ozoneocean
leaderofstars
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

Hear hear.
I agree

harkovast at 9:18AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
waff oh no! Someone died! Booohoo! Grab the cleanex!
What a load of crap!
People want certainty, not a wishy washy flip flopper!
With me people will know what they are going to get.
Total, random insanity and senseless killing.
All the time, everytime!

Waff will sit on his hands telling you all he wuvs you all very much, but doing nothing.
Not me! I'll be out there stringing up every person who looks at me funny! I'll hang anyone I can get my power hungry hands on!
Whats the point of power if I cant abuse it constantly?

VOTE VAST!
I'll screw you all over….with a smile!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
waff at 9:36AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
harkovast
waff oh no! Someone died! Booohoo! Grab the cleanex!
What a load of crap!
People want certainty, not a wishy washy flip flopper!
With me people will know what they are going to get.
Total, random insanity and senseless killing.
All the time, everytime!

Waff will sit on his hands telling you all he wuvs you all very much, but doing nothing.
Not me! I'll be out there stringing up every person who looks at me funny! I'll hang anyone I can get my power hungry hands on!
Whats the point of power if I cant abuse it constantly?

VOTE VAST!
I'll screw you all over….with a smile!
nah I've got one of the active roles so assuming the person who died was murdered I'll find out who done it and get them killed, by hook or by crook.
-edit-
as someone once said ‘with great power comes great responsiblity’ and if you piss off the masses they overthrow you in a coup wether you do it with smile or not.
although I do support your Total, random isanity goal.

leaderofstars at 9:51AM, Feb. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
leaderofstars
Excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

this coming from the person who pq'd every townie role to the godmama
i love being a evil genius. my evil genius code
GTsytVhw+:+d–a1990SA$–p80e100e–iq106ee–NH-:-Lutc -6
read the only true random comic on the duck

power to the offspring
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon