MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia III: Revenge of the Godfather Sign Ups
Niccea at 10:42AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Sorry about the name…couldn't help meself. Since humor's game looks to be winding down, I thought I might as well get this started up, eh?

Yay! Another round of mafia. I assume most of the rules are known by now. But assuming makes an ass out of you and me. Oh well. Don’t get too excited yet. I will not start the game until these conditions are met:

1. Humorman’s game is over
2. At least 20 people have signed upDon't worry! You can still sign up!
3. It is one week from today.

ROLES ARE ASSIGNED SATURDAY THE 28TH

AT 8PM EST (so sign up by then)

GAME TO GO UP SHORTLY AFTER

Alright. Like BK’s game, the days will be two days and the nights will be one day. Cycles start at 8pm EST. You must PQ me all actions.

The clues will be found in profiles, sigs, avatars, but I might put a few things from the thread as well.

This is also a suggestion thread so please give me any input.

Also, know that if you are under 13, it might take a bit longer to get your role.

Signed Up:
1. martinlo_23
2. Hakoshen
3. waff
4. humorman
5. the2ndredbaron
6. harkovast
7. crocty
8. kitty17
9. cool guy
10. odysseus55
11. leaderofstars
12. Dukat
13. Skullbie
14. Theorah
15. mooglessaykupo
16. Aghammer
17. Blitzkrieg1701
18. Nersop
19. gullas
20. Peipei
21. Vakanai
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Niccea at 10:43AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 2, ability to declare double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Once in the game, he can declare a holiday were nobody gets lynched. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. (Might delete this role and just give the Pardoner and Mayor extra lives instead)

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill up to two people of your choice during the night phase. You cannot use both at once and may wait to use them whenever you feel like. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret. If your hits ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day and you will be able to use it again. If your hit overlaps with another Vigilante I will cancel all other hits but the first one and will notify anyone whose hit didn't go through the following day and you will be able to use it again. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved, but I will let the Paramedic and the person saved know if they were targeted and saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what role a specific person has. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Random
You are a townie, but your role may or may not help them win. This role is selected at random.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. He can also recruit one townie per game to join the family. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

The Ripper
You get to kill two people per night. But there will always be a key word in all your kills. (Haven’t decided what is yet.)

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill who ever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.

Converted Townie
You were recruited by the mafia. You can now kill once per night and retain your previous townie role as well. The mafia's objectives have become your objectives.
Niccea at 10:51AM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I"m already going to put up my suggestion…I was thinking about giving the pardoner more than 2 pardons. Don't know how many is a fair number though.
martinlo_23 at 12:30PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I SIGN UP!

Vote for me!
And we will win!
No mafia
Will do estafas!

Vote for me!
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Hakoshen at 1:21PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
With a name like Revenge of the Godfather, how could I NOT sign up?

THE FLUFFY PINK BUNNIES MUST BE AVENGED!!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Niccea at 1:25PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Lol…Sorry about that. I've told you: a bored Niccea is a dangerous Niccea.
waff at 1:26PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
I'm practically shivering in anticipation now…OF COURSE I'LL SIGN UP. 8D
-edit-
although I need you to promise that the clues will be on profiles, avatars and signatures. I have no patience for sorting through page after page of dialogue.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
humorman at 1:30PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Hosting a game was fun

…but playing the game is fun!

I'll sign up.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
the2ndredbaron at 1:42PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
hand me the pen i need to sign up
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Niccea at 1:45PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
*hands red her pen*
the2ndredbaron at 1:49PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
thank you!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
harkovast at 2:04PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
The only thing the Vast loves more then talking about himself in the third person, is playing mafia!
Count me in!
I am totally on board with this one.
Converting townies to mafia sounds a bit worrying! We wont know who to trust (not that we did anyway.)
I think red baron is mafia! Lets lynch him!
(What do you mean its too soon? *mutters angrily*)

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
skoolmunkee at 2:04PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I'm gonna sit this one out because I get too involved and I let it take up a bunch of time. I will play in the future though! Sorry people who are itching to get revenge on me. :]

I'll make a newspost with signups when humorman's is over, or on Thursday-ish, whichever is first. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Niccea at 2:07PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
I'm gonna sit this one out because I get too involved and I let it take up a bunch of time. I will play in the future though! Sorry people who are itching to get revenge on me. :]

I'll make a newspost with signups when humorman's is over, or on Thursday-ish, whichever is first. :]
Good. You can send Martinlo his role. I was hoping an admin I knew would sit out.
crocty at 2:13PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
With a name like Revenge of the Godfather, how could I NOT sign up?

THE FLUFFY PINK BUNNIES MUST BE AVENGED!!
YES. D:<

Also, Niccea, is the godfather immune to lynching while the other mafiosos are alive?
As for the ripper, make the keyword not the swords of osiris. Those are mine and noone else may use them. ;_;

(Also, sign me up)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Niccea at 2:18PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
No. They are just immune to nightly hits. I was actually thinking of having the keyword by Jack…you know. Jack the Ripper?
kitty17 at 2:21PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I pretty much followed the second Mafia game through Crocty and I'd like to give it a shot.

Sign me up. :D

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:18PM
Hakoshen at 2:24PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
No. They are just immune to nightly hits. I was actually thinking of having the keyword by Jack…you know. Jack the Ripper?

So long as you make the first one a kill involving a car jack.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
crocty at 2:25PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Ah, okay.
Also Jack would work. But, you'd have to be careful not to use it in other narratives. Oh, and if you didn't bring attention to it, so the townies had to figure it out, that would be neat.

:p I'm suggesting stuff for the ripper as if I'm gonna be him again

Which I'm totally not. D: Seriously, you guys….
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
martinlo_23 at 2:31PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Seriously,are the elections now?
crocty at 2:32PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Nope, they'll start when the third mafia game starts, silly.
martinlo_23 at 2:54PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Oh,ok.But because im the first signed up I want an important role!
Niccea at 3:03PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Doesn't work like that kid. You get what you get and you don't trow a fit.
martinlo_23 at 3:09PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Correction to myself: I HOPE to get an important role.
skoolmunkee at 3:27PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Niccea

I agree with crocty and hakoshen, it would be interesting if it's a relatively unusual but common word, and the townies don't know what that word is… so they'd need a couple clues to figure out the word to link the kills, but there would still be regular kill clues to go off too.

ie if the word was jack, you could mention a car jack, or a jackknife, a jacket, Jack Bauer, etc.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Niccea at 3:38PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
>.> Can't use that idea then. Oh well. By the way. Just so you know Ochi is my co-GM who is helping me run this thing. She wants to take a break too.
crocty at 4:39PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
D: But Ochi was so great at solving stuff last time!
I mean, not as good as me. I knew who the four mafiosos were since the very beginning. You people were so bad at finding us!
cool guy at 4:41PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(online)
I wanna sign up
This life we live shall soon be past,only what's done for Christ shall last! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:45AM
Hakoshen at 4:58PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I actually hope I'm not a mafioso this time, because it's more fun deciphering clues than it is trying to spin them against other people. That was actually kind of hard with the clues being so much more specific this time (ie, based solely off of what was said in the thread). When the clues were based on profiles and comics there was a lot more material to work with so the clues were a bit more vague and it led to more discussion, allowing both perception and deception to be played on both sides.

Also, I didn't really get to figure it out since it wasn't in the last game, but what exactly does leaving the horse heads do?
-Harkovast
martinlo_23 at 5:33PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
I've been in the three mafia games and it was fun.

I think BK one was the best!And this one will be awesome too!

Oh and I think the horseheads mean that you can be in danger of being killed.

Also I hope i'm the serial killer or something because I want to bring down the system!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon