Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia V Signup thread!
Hakoshen at 1:37PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Game five of the DD mafia begins now! For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them, and clues can come from either your comic (the first 10 pages anyways), your avatar or simply how you act in the thread, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

Post here if you're interested in signing up. The actual rules for the game are as follows;

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Mad Hatter. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will notify you of this.

7. The cake is a lie.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 2, ability to declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.

The Mayor also has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. If an attempt is made on the mayor, a bodyguard will die in his stead.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The narrative will mention this. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Hatter
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb, and of course should the hatter die before his bombs are planted, he loses them altogether.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

If I've neglected to explain or point something out, let me know. Also, if you need to contact me more quickly, feel free to e-mail me directly at hakoshen@yahoo.com, since this will go directly to my phone which is always on hand.

The game will need at least 20 people to begin.

Townies (15)
Mayor 1
Pardoner 1
Bodyguard 2
Vigilante 1
Paramedic 2
Veteran 1
Paranoid 1
Detective 1
Townie 5

Mafia (5)
Godfather 1
Mad Hatter 1
Mafia 3

1. Crocty
2. Kitty17
3. Niccea
4. The2ndredbaron
5. Waff
6. Humorman
7. Gullas the impaler
8. Product placement
9. Ozoneocean
10. GiantPinkWalrus
11. Aghammer
12. Prank
13. Rengishi
14. Harkovast
15. Mister Kent
16. TheFlyingGreenMonkey
17. Drasnus
18. LeaderofStars
19. Skoolmunkee
20. Catcatdragoo
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
crocty at 1:49PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Yes! I shall be the first to sign up!

Although I haven't read everything yet, so if there was a rule saying “No Crocties”, sorry, I didn't read it. D:
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
kitty17 at 1:51PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
I'll join this time as well. :D

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Niccea at 2:02PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
As is the pie.

I'm in of course. And I would like to take half a second to say that I'm not running for mayor.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
the2ndredbaron at 2:05PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
in
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
waff at 2:18PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
I'm in.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
skoolmunkee at 2:43PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Just want to add that although it looks a little confusing at first, it's great fun and players tend to get VERY involved. There is some good mystery that goes on, and almost everyone ends up watching the thread like hawks at the time the day cycles turn over so they can find out who died, got lynched, what the new clues are, etc. It's very addicting. Plus, you get to know your fellow DDers better! So I strongly encourage people to give it a try. :]
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
humorman at 2:43PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Hey, I want to play.

Even though I technically should have been GM for 6 of the games, at least I'll have the consolation of destroying everyone everywhere all the time (seeing how I'm the best player in this game).

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
gullas at 4:28PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
I've been playing since game one, so naturally I'm in 8D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Product Placement at 5:58PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
I want to join too but I'm beginning to be worried that all the old timers are gonna fill up the roster before any newcomers get a chance to sign up.

Hakoshen. You forgot to mention how many mafia members there are gonna be. The way I read it, it says 1 godfather, 1 mad hatter and x mafia members.

Also, am I to understand that all the mafia members now have killing powers? Including the godfather?

Finally. I'm not a fan of Red herrings since the last time I played a herring blatantly pointed at me as a suspect. If you make any herrings, please make them obscure so that they don't specifically point at someone.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Ozoneocean at 6:04PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
I will play
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
Niccea at 6:24PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
I want to join too but I'm beginning to be worried that all the old timers are gonna fill up the roster before any newcomers get a chance to sign up.
We just need a minimum of 20.

And there are usually two mafia members. And only they can kill.
lefarce at 6:27PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
What is with everyone's sudden facination with Mafias and games?

Myspace Mafia, Godfather 2, DD Mafia… You know what I think. I think I'm going to play Real Life Mafia. Then we'll see whos hardcore.

Then we'll see.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Product Placement at 6:46PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Well the way that Hark sets up the rules it looks like killing powers have been granted to the remaining mafia members as well.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 6:59PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Niccea
Well the way that Hark sets up the rules it looks like killing powers have been granted to the remaining mafia members as well.

All the mafia members have killing powers. However roles like the assassin and ripper have been removed.

As you'll remember, I wanted to use the “pirates vs ninjas” theme, however in an attempt to get new people playing we went back to a more standardized theme. Wet Willie was gonna be fun :( .
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Niccea at 7:01PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
Product Placement
Niccea

All the mafia members have killing powers. However roles like the assassin and ripper have been removed.

As you'll remember, I wanted to use the “pirates vs ninjas” theme, however in an attempt to get new people playing we went back to a more standardized theme. Wet Willie was gonna be fun :( .
Hak. You said

With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

YOu might want to fix it then.
Hakoshen at 7:03PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Frakkin' typos.

I'm still trying to correct this thing as we go.
-Harkovast
Product Placement at 7:31PM, April 5, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
And since we have no one else with killing powers (apart from the vigilante), this line is redundant.
Hakoshen
Vigilante
…….
…You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled
Oh and no need for the question mark. I'm inn.

P.S. What's with that part about an insta-lynch, in the pardoner description?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 8:30PM, April 5, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Hakoshen
And since we have no one else with killing powers (apart from the vigilante), this line is redundant.
Hakoshen
Vigilante
…….
…You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled
Oh and no need for the question mark. I'm inn.

P.S. What's with that part about an insta-lynch, in the pardoner description?

The mayor has the ability to insta-lynch someone on the first day of his election, and the pardoner can't override this.

This is what I get for copying and pasting someone else's rules. It's been rewritten, so please look through it again to see if I frakked anything else up.
-Harkovast
waff at 5:05AM, April 6, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
meby next time hak, meby next time. *arrh*

GiantPinkWalrus at 6:00AM, April 6, 2009
(online)
I love the social game Mafia(in real life). Sign me up if it's still possible.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
Aghammer at 6:19AM, April 6, 2009
(offline)
Hak, I'm in.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Prank at 10:26PM, April 6, 2009
(online)
I'm so in.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Rengishi at 10:13AM, April 7, 2009
(online)
I'm in … but do we PQ you what we want to be?
PSN account: OrangeDJ1
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
humorman at 11:34AM, April 7, 2009
(offline)
Rengishi

Ugh…

This game is going to suck.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Niccea at 11:47AM, April 7, 2009
(offline)
Rengishi
No. The roles are decided by RNG. Hak will PQ you your role when the game begins. Only you will know your role. It is highly recommended that you do not divulge your role to others.
Aghammer at 1:14PM, April 7, 2009
(offline)

Unless it's me… remember, you can trust the hammer!

Niccea
Rengishi
No. The roles are decided by RNG. Hak will PQ you your role when the game begins. Only you will know your role. It is highly recommended that you do not divulge your role to others.
waff at 2:32PM, April 7, 2009
(online)
Aghammer

Niccea
Rengishi
yeah to bash your brains in *snirk*

harkovast at 3:02PM, April 7, 2009
(online)
Where would mafia be without Hark spreading lies, hate and mistrust to make up for having a very boring role?
Well it would be a lot like the last game to be honest!
Count me IN!!!!!!
HAZZAH!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Aghammer at 5:16PM, April 7, 2009
(offline)
heh heh, yeah! I mean nooooo

waff
Aghammer

Niccea
Rengishi
yeah to bash your brains in *snirk*

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon