Mafia V; The Don's Return
Niccea at 7:20AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
I don't even remember that…
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Hakoshen at 7:31AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
So can we see a breakdown, who killed who, for each night?

Night 1:

Prank killed Humorman
Skoolmunkee killed Ozoneocean

Night 2:
Skoolmunkee killed ProductPlacement
GiantPinkWalrus killed Mister Kent
Prank killed Kitty17

Night 3:
Skoolmunkee killed Rengishi
Niccea killed TheFlyingGreenMonkey
GiantPinkWalrus killed Gullas
CatCatDragoo killed The2ndredbaron
Prank killed Crocty
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Niccea at 7:33AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
CatCat was supposed to kill Crocty in Night 2, but she forgot.
Hakoshen at 7:33AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Eh? I thought I already posted this.

I think this helps set the mood.

The Townie's Last Stand

Harkovast, Drasnus, Aghammer and Waff sat around a table, brooding and contemplating their ultimate fate. Last night's massacre had finally exposed the mafia for who they were, and the shock and betrayal at realizing the one they had elected to lead them had ultimately been seeking to destroy them.

It was Harkovast who said what everyone was thinking, “We have to take action.”

“Yeah, well what are we gonna do? They outnumber us AND there's still bombs on two people we don't know about.” Aghammer replied.

“Well, we're gonna die anyways if we just sit around trying to lynch people,” Drasnus interjected, and Waff lastly suggested;

“I say we storm city hall.” The others looked at him in pensive silence. Could something so bizarre work? Could a venture so foolish succeed? As one, it dawned on them that there were no other options. Either they hold up and wait to die at night when the Mafia would come for them, or they make an attempt to retake the capital building in broad daylight.

“Special delivery!” someone called, banging on the door. Waff, in a fit of paranoid rage started shooting, wasting his last 15 rounds killing the UPS man. When his gun stopped shooting and everyone's ears stopped ringing, they went to investigate. There was a UPS man, dead of course from the several gunshots, but beside him was a fairly substantially sized crate.

“Who sent us a delivery?”

“It doesn't say,” Harkovast replied, inspecting the tag, but wasting not a moment further and prying it open. What they saw inside uplifted their spirits and gave them hope. With this, they maybe stood a fighting chance. There were enough munitions in this box to take over a small country; or perhaps, just one building.

Niccea, now honorifically dubbed The Great Deciever by her followers sat at her desk, which was more of a throne really, flanked by her fellow mafioso members. Townston was going to take a new direction now, and in addition to the regular business of the town, she openly had her illicit dealings, as townies so insignificant they had no names ran like scared rabbits to carry out her will.

The Deceiver sat back, steepling her fingers and smiling maliciously as her five Lieutenants enacted her plans for recruitment, expansion and control. Townston was only the beginning. Soon, their empire would stretch all across land, and no one would dare stand against them. All that was left were those four last miscreants who didn't know when to just give up an leave town.

“We've got something on the monitor!” Skoolmunkee informed her.

“Put it on screen,” she demanded, and Skool obliged, as the 104 inch plasma screen they had purchased with requisitioned tax payer money was filled with an image of bloodshed and carnage. Four figures in long coats with G-3 assault rifles and MP-5' sub machine guns were storming her town hall.

“You know what to do,” the Deceiver ordered, and her four lieutenants stood and made their way down the hall.

“On your left!” Waff shouted, aiming one of his MP5s and picking off a random desk worker who had stood up to shoot back at them. A trail of bodies, burning wreckage and debris lay scattered behind them, as they came to the large, reinforced door leading to the grand hall before the throne room.

“Let's get this door down,” Harkovast suggested, and Aghammer, looking around spotted an RPG that had been carelessly lying on someone's desk. Not forsaking the convenience of it, she hefted it with one arm and took aim for the door. The long tube jerked somewhat as the rocket fired, and a wispy smoke trail followed a blazing star as it screamed across the room and erupted in a magnificent explosion. Metal groaned and wood creaked as the reinforced door began to buckle, and then in one heaving moment, fell outwards into the hall. What awaited them on the other side was not what they expected.

CatCatDragoo squeezed the trigger on the Browning M2 machine gun, and fifty caliber rounds annihilated the room before them. The four townies scattered as the other three mafioso peppered the area with their Thompsons, and did their best to avoid the seemingly endless wall of gunfire coming at them. When the 50 cal ran out of ammo moments later, and Prank and Skool stopped to reload as GiantPinkWalrus covered them, the townies made their move. They sprang from their positions of cover and charged, guns blazing and forcing the mafia back. Harkovast sprang up the stairs, discarding his gun and opening his hands as long, iridescent blades of energy came to life in his empty palms.

“Nobody told me he could actually DO that!” Skool shouted, and as Hark descended to finish her, Prank stepped in his way with his combat knife and wakazashi. As the other three townies made it up the stairs, the melee had begun.

Aghammer, wielding nothing but a kitchen knife, but a damn sharp one, fell upon CatCatDragoo and the two of them grappled for the blade as Drasnus and Skool found themselves in a stand up brawl, punches, kicks and the occasional headbutt traded back and forth. Waff however had made it onto GiantPinkWalrus's back and was clubbing him as best he could about the back of his head and trying to bit off one of his ears. Walrus managed to flip him off, throwing him into Drasnus and allowing Skool time to grab one of the guns, but was interrupted when CatCatDragoo came stumbling backwards and tripped into her as Aghammer twirled her blade and made to close. Harkovast and Prank however, were still running along the walls exchanging swings at almost ten strikes a second, but Hark managed to get the upper hand and dealt a glancing slice across Prank's face.

The four mafia regrouped and resumed their fighting stances as the Townies revealed their last surprise, each one pulling from their coats matching HK Mk23 handguns, safeties off, lasers on and not the least bit of mercy in any of their eyes.

That was when Drasnus was split cleanly in two by a flying battle axe. The Great Deceiver stood in the far doorway, a large Viking war axe in one hand and one last one on her back which she drew and held them both aloft.

“Come to try to stage your little coup d'etat have you?” she asked, “Shame you didn't try sooner.” And then the townies opened fire on her, and to their collective horror, she started blocking the bullets with her axes as if they weighed nothing at all, and then, she sprang and ran along the wall itself until she was upon them, cleaving Aghammer into three pieces as she landed and with a spinning kick sent Harkovast flying across the room where he was impaled upon a flagpole. Then, without the slightest pause, she brought her axes upwards, butchering Waff where he stood.

And so the last of the resistance had fallen, and the Deceiver and her fellow mafioso surveyed the carnage before them.

“What should we do? How are we going to clean this up?” Prank asked.

“We wont,” the Deceiver replied. “We'll make the townsfolk do it. Let them see first hand what comes of those who go against…” and then, the five of them struck a dramatic pose, “Uccidere!”

And the lesson was learned. The townies lives were ones filled with fear and terror, as the mafia gradually began to control every aspect of their daily lives. People's homes were busted up for not paying protection money, and people who skimped on paying their taxes were fed to crocodiles. Anyone who spoke ill of the Deceiver was publically and horrifically executed, and by the years end, the darkest, most sinister age of mankind had truly begun.

The Mafia has won!

Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Prank at 7:46AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
-snip-

Poetic awesomeness.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
Product Placement at 7:50AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
And so the chronicles have been written. Niccea shall hence forth be known as “Niccea The Great Deceiver”.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
CatCatDragoo at 8:13AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Niccea

;w; S-Sorry…

GREAT ENDING HAK!! xD I loved it! :3 ~ <3333333333
My pride and joooy~! x3

FFA motto:
Learning to Do
Doing to Learn
Earning to Live
Living to Serve
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
Ozoneocean at 8:27AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
And so the chronicles have been written. Niccea shall hence forth be known as “Niccea The Great Deceiver”.
Being a godfather mayor is fun. But I didn't like the tricking people part that much… Which was why I was plain honest when I was mafia mayor :)
…except about not being mafia.

Well at least i was right to vote for humorman this time. Too bad no one else did. -_-

Anyone else think the games are a bit short now? Maybe the killing roles should decrease to two again?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
waff at 8:28AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
brilliant last stand…'course now we either gotta pay gamestop to clear the town or set the next game up as a reverse mafia.
-edit-
that actually a good Idea…all in favour of the next game being reverse mafia say ‘I’.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
crocty at 8:38AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Oh ho ho, I was that much of a threat, was I?
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Hakoshen at 8:38AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Product Placement
Being a godfather mayor is fun. But I didn't like the tricking people part that much… Which was why I was plain honest when I was mafia mayor :)
…except about not being mafia.

Well at least i was right to vote for humorman this time. Too bad no one else did. -_-

Anyone else think the games are a bit short now? Maybe the killing roles should decrease to two again?

Or possibly make it so that no more than two mafia can kill in one night?
-Harkovast
crocty at 8:41AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
I think 3 mafia should be able to kill. 5 means after the third night, they'll probably have won…
2 mafia can kill, and they'd win after the 8th night…

8 nights is unreal!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Ozoneocean at 8:48AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
ozoneocean
Or possibly make it so that no more than two mafia can kill in one night?
Eh… I think just two mafia killers.
If the GM was good with cryptic clues that is. obvious clues would make it too hard for the mafia to win then.

I think 3 is still too many. The mafia shouldn't win by just killing people, the townies should be manipulated into hanging each other or getting their vigilante to kill their own. That's a lot more interesting!

Hmm, the alternate killing thing Hak suggests is good in that it'd make it harder to work out who the killers were, so a bad GM wouldn't hand a victory to either side. Hmm. Yeah, that's actually a really good idea. It still means only two mafia killings a night. – and they can't defer kills to save them up: if they don't use them, they lose them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
crocty at 8:50AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Well then there would be two mafia, a godfather, a mad hatter, and a…?
Ozoneocean at 9:00AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
In the first game we played there were 4:
God father - non-killing, but with other powers.
Mad Hatter - could plant two bombs, but that's all.
2 normal mafia -could kill once a night, every night.

You could still retain that same line-up, except give the hater and godfather alternating killing powers with the other mafias.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Niccea at 9:09AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Or we can play reverse mafia!
Ozoneocean at 9:25AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Does that mean that almost everyone is a killer, but they don't know who each other is and the “mafia” (who are townies now), can't kill, but know who each other are?

That would last… 3 nights at most?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
skoolmunkee at 9:27AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
Also, bit of feedback.

Were my clues that hard/vague/tldr?
They were great to read, but I had trouble picking myself out of the first one. The second one was easier, and the third one of course gave it away. I think BECAUSE the clues fit into the story (rather than being a little more random) it was hard to pick out which bits we should be paying attention to, red herrings or not. That led people way off down the wrong track at first, and then later I got the feeling like people didn't want to try. Then again, I certainly had no reason to be looking for clues. :] And there was no reason to try and lead people off-track, since no one really got on the right track to start with.

Haha, the best ending narrative yet! Better even than the one where the mafia blew everyone up. :D

Hakoshen
And since nobody linked the weapon repairing to one offhand comment Skool made about Fallout3, that wasn't too good a tie in either.
I thought that was a clue toward my offhand comment about my computer being broken actually. :] Fallout 3 would have been hard as a clue because you'd actually have to play the game…

humorman
Okay, since the game's ending anyways, here were three people I have concluded to be mafia:

1. skoolmunkee – On the first night, ozone and I were the only two killed. Judging from the fact that ozone and skoolmunkee have some of the greatest influence in the game, with ozone out of the picture, skool could do whatever she pleased as her innocent attitude would allow her to evade lynchings.
I killed him because I always feel bad for whoever gets killed on the first night, because they haven't even gotten a chance to play… I knew Oz wasn't feeling well that week so I didn't think he'd miss it. :] Having him as my main rival the first time I played was great fun though…

ozoneocean
Skool told me she killed me. :)
Which was good because I wasn't in the mood for playing then anyway.
See!

waff
if I'm lynched I'm gonna takes someone down with me *launches himself at skoolmunkee*.
Argh, get it off! *flails*

ozoneocean
I did! I think he's been playing long enough he can be mayor. He was a good GM too after all.

ozoneocean
In the first game we played…
Don't forget there was also a serial killer, but they ended up not playing at all. There would have been more deaths if they had.

The first game started dragging after a while though, maybe because of the 2-day day cycles more than the lack of killing roles.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
crocty at 9:27AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
It's basically, the mafia are the townies, they have no killing abilites, just a lynch like the townies, and they have to find the moles or something.

It's the same really, just with different names.
Niccea at 9:30AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
What Crocty says. It is about a bunch of townies trying to tear apart the mafia from the inside. I even had a list of reverse names somewhere.

Hakoshen
EVIL WALL O' TEXT!
Not making a page…no sir.
crocty at 9:42AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?pid=670001&cid=243&tid=47412#670001
Hakoshen at 10:45AM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
What Crocty says. It is about a bunch of townies trying to tear apart the mafia from the inside. I even had a list of reverse names somewhere.

Hakoshen
EVIL WALL O' TEXT!
Not making a page…no sir.

Mwa ha ha ha ha!!
-Harkovast
Drasnus at 10:55AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
You cleaved me in half…

D<
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
Prank at 11:31AM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Drasnus
You cleaved me in half…

D<

With style.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
the2ndredbaron at 12:49PM, April 19, 2009
(online)
so was I being protected by monkey that night. If so how did that work?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Niccea at 12:57PM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
the2ndredbaron
so was I being protected by monkey that night. If so how did that work?
Things go in chrono order for the game. I cracked off the hit 2 seconds after the narrative came out. I was also talking to Hak on AIM at the same time. Speed is the key. That is why in my game hits went in random order.
Hakoshen at 12:59PM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
The order that the actions came in Niccea placed her hit on FGM before FGM placed his protection on you. While if FGM hadn't been attacked you would have survived since it wouldn't have mattered that he placed it after the hit on you, but he was killed before he could leave his house, so to speak.
-Harkovast
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:04PM, April 19, 2009
(online)
All I know is if I get a killing role next game guess who I'm going for ;D. I don't forgive but I do forget alot.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Niccea at 1:11PM, April 19, 2009
(offline)
Why do people bring in feuds from previous games? Kinda why I'm thinking about sitting this one out…
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:23PM, April 19, 2009
(online)
Niccea
Why do people bring in feuds from previous games? Kinda why I'm thinking about sitting this one out…
Wait? Who said it was you?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon