MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia VI - Rise of the syndicate
Product Placement at 4:13PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
The rules.

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. All PQ's that I send you should be considered private. Do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Townston has a 48 hour day cycle. Day takes 24 hours to transpire and so does the night. At the end of each night I will post a narrative that includes clues for every kill that was made. DAY/NIGHT brake is at 24:00 GMT

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example 1: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Mad Hatter. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.)(Example 2: Mafia sends in a kill for someone who's protected by a paramedic and later on a kill for the paramedic who's protecting that townie. Since the paramedic was still alive when the townie was hit, he won't die.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) your kill will be wasted for the night. I will notify you of this.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. The Mayor always has one bodyguard automatically assigned to him but is free to assign the second bodyguard to whomever he wishes.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, the person he protects can not be killed via mafia or vigilante hit. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted. The Mayor chooses for them who needs protection.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not necessarily say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. The Paramedic will intercept bombs sent to a townie if he's being watched during the night of implantation.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not. Finally, the Paranoid role is kept secret, even to the paranoid himself. If investigated, he will come up as a townie.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting or you can ask me what role a specific person has (only usable two times). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle. A paramedic can intercept the message.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a regular townie to the detective. Also, he can't be killed by the vigilante as long as this power is in effect.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. He's brandished his pistol and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be. Bombs can be intercepted by the paramedic or a bodyguard giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

Elected posts
Mayor:1
Pardoner:1

Townies (15)

Bodyguard:2
Vigilante:1
Paramedic:2
Veteran:1
Paranoid:1
Detective:1
Townie:7

Mafia (4)
Godfather:1
Mad Hatter:1
Mafia:2

1: Niccea the great deceiver the detective Killed during Night 1
2: Crocty the Mad Hatter Killed during Night 2
3: Waff-Man the vigilante Killed during Night 2
4: the2ndredbaron the Mayor and Mafia Suicide during Night 4
5: gullas the impaler the townie Killed during Night 2
6: Hakoshen the paranoid Killed during Night 4
7: humorman the Townie Instalynched on day 1
8: Skullbie the paramedic Killed during Night 1
9: Aghammer the Mafia Killed during Night 2
10: CatCatDragoo the bodyguard Killed during Night 4
11: Prank the paramedic lynched on day 2
12: kitty17 the Veteran Survived
13: Mister Kent the Townie Killed during Night 3
14: Ochitsukanai the Bodyguard Killed during Night 3
15: TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Godfather and Pardoner lynched on day 4
16: Sunny the townie Survived
17: InuYasha_Rules the townie Survived
18: Hyena H_ll the townie Survived
19: Harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing… the townie Survived

End of day/night narrations.
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4

Lynch Votes:
Day 2

Prank
Prank
the2ndredbaron
Seal of the mayor
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
aghammer

the2ndredbaron
crocty
Ochitsukanai
Hakoshen

Hakoshen
gullas

crocty
waff

Day 3

the2ndredbaron
harkovast
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
the2ndredbaron
Seal of the mayor

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Ochitsukanai
Hakoshen
kitty17
Mister Kent
Hyena H_ll
Sunny

Hakoshen
InuYasha_Rules

Day 4

the2ndredbaron
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
the2ndredbaron
Seal of the mayor

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Hakoshen
kitty17
CatCatDragoo
Hyena H_ll
Sunny
harkovast
InuYasha_Rules
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Product Placement at 4:13PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
The morning rays stretch across the landscape. For a brief period the sky turns on a pinkish hue, like it had suddenly become bi-curios for some reason, before switching over to more manly blue.

In the town center stood a peculiar individual. Every morning he stood there voicing out his insane ideas and orders that made no sense what so ever. While there's a person like this in almost every town, the difference with this one is that he happened to be this town's mayor. Ever since that unfortunate ribbon cutting accident, all the important screws in his head had come loose and thus he became more like jester of the town rather then a figure head. The townies allowed him to voice out his new “laws” every morning as they carried out their morning routines.

“Hence forth, all that is green shall be now be painted turquoise! All ducks shall now be required to walk on the left side of the traffic on Mondays… and backwards on Sundays! Ingrown toenails……”

The strangest thing had happened. The mayor had fallen silent. What happened? Did he come to his senses again? Curious the villagers, stepped out from their homes to investigate.

Lying on the town center they found their mayor dead with a dagger in his back. A note was attached to the weapon which was read out to the town.

“Dearest townies. We have had enough of the status quo and have decided to take over. As annoying as our dear Mayor was, he did teach us a valuable lesson. If you townies are willing to put up with this idiot as your leader, you will not think differently about seeing a crime syndicate running things from now on. Sure there will be resistance but we will take care of that. Today you will all have a chance to accept our takeover and run back to your home. If you stay and fight, you will die.

Love. The Gooey Pink Hearts.

P.S. The name is under revision.”

“Well I don't want to die” shouts Anonymous. “Me neither” sounds another Anonymous. Murmurs signaling acknowledgment to these claims are heard across the crowd that had gathered to listen to the letter as the majority of the group disperses. In the end, 19 souls are all that's left.

As these individuals look at each other in the eyes, a silent acknowledgment is made between them. They know that they're the last line of defense before the Mafia can take over. They know that they all are in risk of being killed in the next few days. Most importantly, they know that their enemy is hiding in plain sight. Some of them are that enemy. Now is the time to fight but first it there is need to organize. Election needs to take place to find a new mayor.

DAY 1 HAS BEGUN!

Remember, when you vote for someone, you most PQ your vote to me.

Running for office.

Waff (3)
Waff
Election Poster
Niccea

the2ndredbaron (7)
the2ndredbaron
Election Poster
gullas
*crocty* (changed his mind)
kitty17
Skullbie
Hakoshen
harkovast

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (4)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Election Poster
Aghammer
Crocty

humorman (3)
humorman
Ochitsukanai
Hyena H_ll
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 4:17PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
You better change your name pink hearts. Or Waff has free reign over what you look like…

Also I would like to start campaigning.

DO NOT VOTE FOR NICCEA
Town Year 6.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
waff at 4:49PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
MY CAMPAIGN TIME.

VOTE WAFF MAFIA VI.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Ochitsukanai at 4:52PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Why, Waff, you're looking dapper this round!

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
crocty at 4:54PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
I WILL VOTE FOR THE ONE WHO SUCKS THE LEAST.

NOT WHO IS THE HAWTEST, NOT WHO IS THE CROCTYEST, AND NOT WHO IS ANYTHINGELSEEST.

Now convince me to vote for you, you fools.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
waff at 4:55PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Ochitsukanai
Why, Waff, you're looking dapper this round!
why thank you. I just got around to finishing off editing this piece from the batman charactor conversation a few games back so I decided to use It as my poster B)

Niccea at 4:55PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
So Waff is Dick Tracy?
Hakoshen at 4:56PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
I'll vote for… meh I dunno.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
waff at 5:03PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
If I'm elected mayor I will loan my secondary bodyguard out to whomever needs him/her.

Niccea at 5:06PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
*plays paddle ball*
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:06PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
I'm running for mayor agian! That is unless someone bribes me like they did hark last game..*hint hint*

Also I'll bring peace to this town! And donots!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Product Placement at 5:07PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
I'm gonna recommend, that you all refrain from voting until everyone who wants to run gets a chance to.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 5:08PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I'm running for mayor agian! That is unless someone bribes me like they did hark last game..*hint hint*

what flavour?

crocty at 5:14PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Well, I'm not saying that bribes will make me vote for you, but…

Actually, I am saying that.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Aghammer at 5:16PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
Jelly Donuts?? … I hope not. I hate those things! I like the choc. covered ones.. mmmmmmmm

waff
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

what flavour?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:19PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
All the flavors! Even garbage flavor for those old fashion hobos :D

Well I meant if baron really REALLY wanted to be mayor again and was willing to do the same bribe as last time I'd vote for him cause he made you feel sad when he told you his sad stroy.

waff at 5:21PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
Jelly Donuts?? … I hope not. I hate those things! I like the choc. covered ones.. mmmmmmmm
I have custard donuts, ones with sprinkles and a large tup of chocolate ice-cream.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
GARBAGE FLAVOUR DONUTS?huh!? sorry I prefer the custard ones.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:35PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
waff
Aghammer
I have custard donuts, ones with sprinkles and a large tup of chocolate ice-cream.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
So your a hobo with a liking of the finer things in life? Well I have custard donuts too :D Also peace don't forget about the peace.

Aghammer at 5:39PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
Those are awesome! And ice cream?!? Can I move into your box?

waff
Aghammer
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
waff at 5:40PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
waff
Aghammer
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
So your a hobo with a liking of the finer things in life? Well I have custard donuts too :D Also peace don't forget about the peace.
I know this is your second time running for mayor and all, but guys who claim to want bring piece to townston usually get thrown out of second-floor windows…the best you can do is a safer kind of anarchy.
aghammer
Those are awesome! And ice cream?!? Can I move into your box?
well sure.

Niccea at 5:51PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
*pops out of Waff's box* The more the merrier. Sure I live in the library but it isn't nuclear Armageddon proof.
Hakoshen at 5:55PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
*arranges games on the racks and doesn't even think about looking outside*
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:56PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
True this is only the secound time I'm running for mayor but listen, I turned out not to be mafia, I figured some clues out, and saved a life of a townie. I'm still new but hey thats not a bad track record. Vote TFGM he CARES XD

Also I'm not a mafia.

Ochitsukanai at 5:58PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
I'm also going to sleep over at the box this time, if it isn't too much trouble. I spent so much money bomb-proofing the moustache store that I had to sell all of my solid gold furniture, so now I have nothing to sleep on but the floor.

However, I'm looking to expand my selection to accordions and exceptionally tall stilts soon, and then I should recoup all these losses!

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
waff at 5:58PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Niccea
*pops out of Waff's box* The more the merrier. Sure I live in the library but it isn't nuclear Armageddon proof.
that's what I get for combining some wierd metal I found in the junk yard with cardboard.

Niccea at 6:00PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

SOOOOO CUTE! *slings FGM over her back and runs off with him*
crocty at 6:16PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
he made you feel sad when he told you his sad stroy.
Oh gawd, I felt sad too, and then didn't vote for him because I was running.

Then coneeded and voted for the godfather…

D8
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:44PM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Yay Niccea thinks my drawing is cute XD. But how am I suppose to campaign when your stealing me?

((Sorry about the delay in last post. I have dail-up at home and get kicked off repeatedly))

Niccea at 6:54PM, April 27, 2009
(offline)
Ummm. *sets him down* You are mine later. *trots off*

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon