MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia VI - Rise of the syndicate
Product Placement at 4:10PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Tension is high in the air. Many lives have been lost. Scars of destruction run through the Townston. Villagers are thirsty for blood. A thirst that's not easily quenched. It's time to end this. We will not give the mafia a chance to end another life. Crowds have gathered around the Town hall, demanding for the last of culprits to show himself to receive his judgment. But the2ndredbaron is not there.

CatCatDragoo has been informed to arrive at a street corner near the library. As the bodyguard of the2ndredbaron she's obligated to obey even though she doesn't like it. However the letter she receive from her mayor promised that he'd turn himself in if she'd see him there which made it easier to comply. After standing around for couple of minutes, her cell phone rings. As she answers it she can hear that baron is at the other end. “Hello? Have you arrived” he asks. “Yes.”She replies, “-Where are you?”. With a sigh of relief baron continues:“Go into the back alley near you. You should see a door. I'm hiding inside there from the mob. Please meet me there. I wish to come peacefully with someone I can trust… I need to come clean”. Carefully she edges herself towards the corner of the alley to see if anyone's there. At the end there's a door with a broken lock. She approaches and peers inside. The interior is dark and no light switch is present around the door. As she takes few more steps inside to look for Baron she hears a click behind here as a metal grid slams over the doorway, trapping her inside. “Baron!” She yells out “-this isn't funny! You'll only making it harder for yourself”. “Oh I'm afraid that I'm not the one doing this.” says Baron through the phone “- You see, during one of our frequent night excursions, my group discovered that our Gamestop store owner was a peculiar individual. Since you just walked into his back door, I'm assuming that he's coming to greet you. Have fun”.

As the phone line disconnects, CatCatDragoo becomes aware of all the various traps and devises appearing out of the woodwork. With lightning speed she makes her way towards the door, dodging the various projectiles flung towards her and jumping past any forming trapdoors and emerging wall spike. Near the door a cage of scorpions appears which opens up, allowing the vicious critters to come striking towards her. As CatCatDragoo backs away, she narrowly avoids a spear that was launched from one of the walls. With amazing dexterity she manages to grasp onto the polearm and uses it to vault over the poisonous guardians, kicking through the door, ending up in a hallway. “So the warlord has sent another minion! This time a competent one!” sounds the speaker system. “Hakoshen, this is a mistake! I'm not your enemy!” she yells out as she travels down a corridor, hoping that he'll listen to reason. “The mistake was yours, invading my fortress. I have the home field advantage here.” This time the voice didn't come from a sound system. This time it was right behind her. Turning around to meet him head on she receives a bayonet strike to her side. Sporting a M16 with a mounted blade, Hakoshen makes several jabs towards her but only manages to strike her with his first surprise attack hit. Annoyed he pulls the trigger to finish her off but by then she'd managed to grab around the hilt of the gun to divert the fire elsewhere. Pulling up his army knife, Hakoshen swings at her to make her let go of the gun but thanks to her advanced countering training that she'd received, she was able to dodge and grab around his wrist. But Hakoshen was no ordinary individual. With years of military training he knew exactly how to counter her moves and with a short but powerful jerk his hand was free to strike her into the side of her chest. As she lets go of the gun he opens fire, ridding the world of another sworn enemy of the US army.

At that very moment, several rounds pierce Hakoshens body. “Sorry to interrupt you at such a crucial moment but I wanted to be absolutely certain that you'd be busy while I snuck past all your sprung traps” says the2ndredbaron as Hakoshen drops to the ground. In great pain, the ex-veteran turns to look at his mayor and with a blurry sight he sees a terror from his past. “Warlord?” He asks, “-Are you finally here to finish the job?”. Not caring for his dilutions baron responds: “Eh, sure. Why not.”

The patrolling mob become aware of the commotion coming from the Gamestop and converge around the area. As villagers start to pour the building, Baron appears when he deems that a sufficient number has entered. Before the angry mob approach to apprehend them he notions them to listen and starts his speech.

“Look at you, what is left of you. Standing there looking amongst yourselves like a herd of frighten sheep. Your leaders are gone, we took them first, knowing panic would ensue, but we were to late on that account. This should have been our time. We had the people, the positions but our leader in his folly listened to me. Allowing my lust power to undermine our cause. But did you think it would end quietly? How many of you are among the dead? We may not have the town but we crushed you. You're broken. And if that is all I can take I'll take it. I will take you all. You think we didn't plan this. In his insanity Hakoshen, left this place rigged full of his bombs. Do you really think I would be so stupid as to throw away my life for some crazy paranoid bastard! You are in my trap now. And the fire will consume us all! To the last, I grapple with thee; from hell's heart, I stab at thee; for hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee!”

With those words he presses the remote he took from Hakoshens body. The entire place is engulfed in flames as the street is consumed in a angry roar. The paranoid did a good job lining the entire building with C4.

The mafia is dead but a bitter sweet victory it is. With a wast number of townies dead, the rebuild will be slow and hard but none the less, it will be rebuilt.

CatCatDragoo the bodyguard
Hakoshen the paranoid
the2ndredbaron the Mayor and Mafia
and shit loads of npc townies are dead.

Night 4 has ended.

With that the game has reached its end.

kitty17 the Veteran
Sunny the townie
InuYasha_Rules the townie
Hyena H_ll the townie
Harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing…. the townie.
You all have survived the Mafia experience.

Congratulations.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Product Placement at 4:29PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Breakdown on murders and clues.

Night 1:
The Mad hatters, failed bomb attempt on Prank. Bomb made by Crocty. Clue: The shape of the bomb is the Yin-Yang symbol. The same symbol is used on his comic Frank and Vinny.

Skulbie. Killed by waff-man. Clue: She screams, “-Why are you doing this?”. “Ah, well. That's easy to answer.-” Says the masked man, “-If you can't be famous. Be infamous.” A reference to a quote in his profile
If a man dedicates his life to good deeds and the welfare of others, he will die alone and unthanked and unremebered. If he exercises his genius bringing misery and death to billions, his name will echo down through the millenia for a hundred lifetimes. Infamy is always more preferable to ignominy-fabius bile.

Niccea. Killed by aghammer. Clue: “Oh Niccea, why are you trying to run away?” Asks the person with the gun. Sentence is taken from her comic, Reverse Polarity. Page here.

Night 2:
Waff. Killed by the2ndredbaron. Clue: “My my, you're lucky to take down one of our best hitman. I guess fortune does favor the fool… well… at least until now.” By checking his profile you can find out that he's working on a new comic called “Fortunes Fool”.

Gullas. Killed by TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Clue: "Oh? Was it that blatantly obvious? Blatantly Obvious. A name of a comic that he makes.

Night 3:
Ochitsukanai. Killed by the2ndredbaron. Clue: “YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME? I CONTROL THIS TOWN! YOU OBEY MY ORDERS AND I WANT YOU TO DIE!” A clue pointing at that the killer is the mayor and that Ochitsukanai needs to follow his orders since she's a bodyguard.

Mister Kent. Killed by TheFlyingGreenMonkey. Clue: “Your murderer thinks he has power on this world just because some criminals are willing to follow him.” A clue pointing at the fact that the killer is the Godfather.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Hakoshen at 4:34PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
…………………………….what?
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
crocty at 4:36PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
I think that means we won! Good job, townies! We sure beat those nasty mafia! :D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Product Placement at 4:36PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Sorry Hak. I decided to give Baron a birthday present. I made a very weird rule exception where he was allowed to sacrifice his bodyguard to get to you in exchange that he'd die during the night. Apparently, he really wanted to get you before going.

And yes crocty. The townies did win. I decided though to claim the victory bitter sweet due to the high casualty rate that the town suffered.

Oh by the way. Tell us what you thought of the game.

Were you happy/annoyed by my decisions? Were the narrations pleasing? Any suggestions on how you wish the next game to be like?

Don't forget to vote for the next GM!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
the2ndredbaron at 5:03PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
I became godfather and go an extra kill, so I was just going to sacrifice myself to kill you hak, but pp gave me catcat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
Product Placement at 5:05PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
I technically didn't give you an extra kill. Merely bent the rules so that Hakoshen would have spent his kill power when it was your time to strike.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 5:05PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Oh by the way. Tell us what you thought of the game.

Were you happy/annoyed by my decisions? Were the narrations pleasing? Any suggestions on how you wish the next game to be like?

Don't forget to vote for the next GM!
awesome… especially allowing red to get his vengence in the 11th hour.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
the2ndredbaron at 5:11PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
i wasn't going quietly into the night waff.
Hakoshen at 5:45PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
Sorry Hak. I decided to give Baron a birthday present. I made a very weird rule exception where he was allowed to sacrifice his bodyguard to get to you in exchange that he'd die during the night. Apparently, he really wanted to get you before going.

Oh it's cool. I probably deserved it anyways.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Aghammer at 8:34PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
Here is my pic of the coolest mafia ever! Winning isn't everything… sometime's it's better to look good ;)

[IMG]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr2/aghammer/mafia.jpg[/IMG]

The new “Goodfellows” ;)

EDIT: I liked Monkey's better but it was mostly done so I inked it and viola!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
the2ndredbaron at 8:45PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
badasssssssssssssssssss aghammer!
InuYasha_Rules at 10:36PM, May 5, 2009
(offline)
I survived!!! WOW! It was done quite nicely in my opinion. When do we start another one and who will run it?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
the2ndredbaron at 10:52PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
Niccea is running it inyu
Ochitsukanai at 11:01PM, May 5, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
I survived!!! WOW! It was done quite nicely in my opinion. When do we start another one and who will run it?
Niccea won the GM election for Mafia VII in this thread. Signups will be announced shortly, I suppose, and would be either here in Forum Games or in General Discussion.
Hakoshen
Thing is, I got stuck trying to figure out how tall Ochi is and what kind of generic pants/shoes to give her.
Around 5'6. 5'7 with heeled combat boots.
waff
(sorry for this ochi)
None of that was at all offensive, no need to apologize. XD
Aghammer
AWESOME PICTURE
That's an awesome picture you have there, Aghammer. :)

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
gullas at 1:40AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I agree with above posters, that is a splendid picture Aghammer ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
Mister Kent at 5:09AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
I love that Mafia pic! I love all the pics!

Nic, expect at least an endgame pic from me, but I'll try to get one of the executions done too
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Niccea at 5:13AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Good news. I found a driver for my printer online. Bad news, the scanner doesn't work yet.
Worse news, I won? I'll get sign ups up probably this evening then. I got a lot of work due today.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Hakoshen at 5:26AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
My page for Night 3 should be done tonight. Took me forever to find a page layout that works. I've scrapped about 15 of them so far.
-Harkovast
harkovast at 7:15AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
I think I just had a lynch-gasm!
*smokes a cigarette*

You know I did pretty well for a guy who was betraying both sides!

I told the mafia waff was vigilante and agreed to encourage people to vote red baron, but red baron was unappreciative and ochi bribed me with fan art to start voting for green monkey.

I guess it pays to be evil after all!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Product Placement at 7:21AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Hmh. So much for the town saint.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 7:31AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
I think I just had a lynch-gasm!
*smokes a cigarette*

You know I did pretty well for a guy who was betraying both sides!

I told the mafia waff was vigilante and agreed to encourage people to vote red baron, but red baron was unappreciative and ochi bribed me with fan art to start voting for green monkey.

I guess it pays to be evil after all!
Oh snap! XD

I knew there was something fishy going on. =w=

Also, four side notes:
1. I was right about Waff. I said he was the vigilante on the second day!
2. I was right about trying to kill Prank. FREAKIN' OCHI CLONE! D8
3. I will have Monkey's ‘lynch’ page done after I see Hak's page! It's a reason to procrastinate, and to hell if I'm not taking it.
4. I started a group mafia pic, seeing as though everyone was doing it!

:D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
Niccea at 7:53AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Wow. I just checked the records. This is the first mafia that is 100% male.
harkovast at 7:57AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Niccea gender imbalance was their undoing!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Niccea at 8:00AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Niccea gender imbalance was their undoing!

Well…in most of the games, the females were the last ones to be discovered/die.

Mafia III was the only exception.
Product Placement at 8:02AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Well, I recall one game where Kitty was discovered rather early on.

And this group got discovered because they had a massive coming out of the closet party.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 8:08AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Hah, yeah, we were all males. We lost because instead of discussing stratergies, we were too busy drinking beer and talking about football.

EDIT: And I just realised I forgot to say, that picture is amazing, Ag :D
I especially like how awesome I look.
Niccea at 8:39AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
I lied. Got most of my paper finished anyways…

In that game, PP, Ochi was the godmother, and not many people saw that coming.
crocty at 9:09AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Ochi was the godmother, and not many people saw that coming.
=w= I suspected her of being mafia since the very first day. Before I became mayor, even!

Unfortunately when she gave me those fake clues I kinda casted that suspicion aside, as well as me having no evidence, and then dying. :C
Aghammer at 10:03AM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
That's because you are awesome Crocty!

And yeah, we probably needed a female to kick us into shape. The beer and peanuts was good though… and we can still watch football as ghosts… all is well.

Harkovast… you rocked this game and are the ultimate Mafia player :)

Oh, and PP, some amazing narrative… if you tie them all together you could sell it a book (like War and Peace) ;)

crocty
Hah, yeah, we were all males. We lost because instead of discussing stratergies, we were too busy drinking beer and talking about football.

EDIT: And I just realised I forgot to say, that picture is amazing, Ag :D
I especially like how awesome I look.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon