MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia X - Returning to the Classics
waff at 1:15PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Salsa
waff
Salsa
kitty17
Seeing as though you still can’t trust me until I kill a mafia, which won’t be possible until the next day cycle, I’m going to give advice for each role, until you trust me enough to contact me.

First of all, I would like to ask the detective to not bother asking my role. I’m a townie and even if you use your ability on me, the truth is, you still wouldn't be able to trust me. The detective’s role ability is too valuable to waste, and shouldn’t be used on people that wouldn’t actually make a difference on.

The vigilante should NOT make a hit until instructed to do so. This makes it easier to tell which killings are mafia/serial killer, so that we don’t accidentally lynch the vigilante.

Paramedics should also refrain from protecting anyone until you know their role for sure. Not only is it possible for you to save a mafia without realizing it, but you might also hit the paranoid. It’s a dangerous risk either way.

Much like Ochi, I've also worked behind the scenes as the assistant, to both crocty and pastel. I finally decided to step up to plate and try it on my own. Hopefully this is enough to bring a bit of trust my way.

good advice. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. I'm a townie and that nixes any chances I have of being mayor.
so kitty but that hasn't stopped her!
That and last time I ran I was a Mafia.
… ¬_¬you missed my point salsa.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Niccea at 1:23PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Um. Hak. Ochi and I really aren't in a circle. This is the first time we are working together in the game.

Game II: We didn't trust each other.
Game IV: She lied to me.
Game VI: We really didn't work together.

We have only played two games together.

Also, I am done with Term VII in the comic and it is now at 175 pages.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
Salsa at 1:24PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
waff
Salsa
waff
Salsa
kitty17
Seeing as though you still can’t trust me until I kill a mafia, which won’t be possible until the next day cycle, I’m going to give advice for each role, until you trust me enough to contact me.

First of all, I would like to ask the detective to not bother asking my role. I’m a townie and even if you use your ability on me, the truth is, you still wouldn't be able to trust me. The detective’s role ability is too valuable to waste, and shouldn’t be used on people that wouldn’t actually make a difference on.

The vigilante should NOT make a hit until instructed to do so. This makes it easier to tell which killings are mafia/serial killer, so that we don’t accidentally lynch the vigilante.

Paramedics should also refrain from protecting anyone until you know their role for sure. Not only is it possible for you to save a mafia without realizing it, but you might also hit the paranoid. It’s a dangerous risk either way.

Much like Ochi, I've also worked behind the scenes as the assistant, to both crocty and pastel. I finally decided to step up to plate and try it on my own. Hopefully this is enough to bring a bit of trust my way.

good advice. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. I'm a townie and that nixes any chances I have of being mayor.
No I get your point. Kitty is running though the odds are against her.
My point is i am not running because someone will think I'm mafia since last time I ran I was mafia.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Hakoshen at 1:24PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
I don't mean a circle has to be entirely supportive or blind to suspicion against one another, but as there's a pre-existing relationship of sorts it does change your interactions.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Ochitsukanai at 1:27PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Ehehe…Hakoshen, in Mafia IV I deceived Niccea, and in Mafia II I outed her as the paranoid because I didn't trust her enough when she told me the truth. Furthermore, I generally suspect her automatically and don't back her plans - if you check the history, I don't really work with or vote for her the vast majority of the time.

In Mafia IV Crocty trusted and deputized Kitty, who was mafia; we killed him twice that game. In another game (Mafia VI or VII), Crocty was agent leader and lied to Kitty until we murdered her.

I'm just sayin', if you'd still call this a circle, it's still not a very comparable one. o_O I'm far too distrustful. Although, I guess their circle of people is less likely to endanger each other for no reason, huh? -_-;

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Niccea at 1:27PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Hakoshen
I don't mean a circle has to be entirely supportive or blind to suspicion against one another, but as there's a pre-existing relationship of sorts it does change your interactions.
TFGM also has his circle when he plays. I think it is bound to happen just cause the number of games.
waff at 1:28PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Salsa
waff
Salsa
waff
Salsa
No I get your point. Kitty is running though the odds are against her.
My point is i am not running because someone will think I'm mafia since last time I ran I was mafia.
not just running but ****ing winning.

Niccea at 1:29PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Um. Can you stop the pyramiding?
Hakoshen at 1:30PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Unrelated announcement: Man I hate being out of the office all day.

But yeah, as people play we become friends, that much is almost an inevitability. Well, most of us. Certain folk who will not be named seemed to do nothing but ostracize themselves.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
Niccea at 1:31PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Just saying. We do tend to form little cliques in this game, but that is actually part of the game. Making a circle of people you can trust and expanding it.
Salsa at 1:32PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
We can, but the question is will we?

I kid! I kid!
we'll stop.
RAGE!
waff at 1:35PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Niccea
pyramiding? (I'm sorry what's pyramiding?)

Hakoshen at 1:35PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
Just saying. We do tend to form little cliques in this game, but that is actually part of the game. Making a circle of people you can trust and expanding it.

That's actually a better way of saying what I meant without all of the extra words. You can't count on who supports who as a means to prove associative guilt or innocence because of these cliques, murder cycles and whatnot. I only cited you two since you two groups as as a reference since you and ochi are friends IRL, and the KALA troop because, well their gang has a name.
-Harkovast
Hakoshen at 1:37PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
waff
Niccea

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Hakoshen
This.
-Harkovast
Salsa at 1:38PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
waff
Niccea
When you have a quote with a quote in it. Basically this.
RAGE!
Aghammer at 1:38PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
True… although some of us are not part of a specific circle and the circles tend to make me nervous… so, if Kitty, Crocty and Pastel are going in the same direction, it makes me think they are all Mafia. I worked with Crocty (he was mayor)in one game where Kitty turned out to be mafia and killed with abandon, so you never know. :)

Niccea
Hakoshen
TFGM also has his circle when he plays. I think it is bound to happen just cause the number of games.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
waff at 1:39PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Hakoshen
waff
Niccea

Hakoshen
This.
I can see where the name comes from.

Niccea at 1:40PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Ochi and I decided to take each other at Face Value for at least one game. It has nothing to do with IRL. We generally just don't trust each other and play separately in this game.
waff at 1:42PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Is it ok if I rant about the current standings of these elections?

Aghammer at 1:44PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Go for it man….

waff
Salsa at 1:44PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
waff
I don't know. Let me ask the great kazoo of Humbuggy.
RAGE!
waff at 1:46PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Aghammer
Go for it man….

waff
I mean it is only ‘cos of my standing and I don’t want to come across as whiny or anything.

kitty17 at 1:47PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Even though I betrayed Crocty once, I was actually still there supporting him for his win as Mayor. And I killed Crocty the second time with good reason…Ochi killed him first.

The second time I supported him, I actually did help him out when he was mayor, but it came back to bite me when he ended up killing me.

Though we have these circles, I can never say there's 100% trust between us.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Niccea at 1:48PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
waff
Aghammer
Go for it man….

waff
I mean it is only ‘cos of my standing and I don’t want to come across as whiny or anything.
How about this Waff? *hands him a pin that says XI* I'll vote for you for anything good in Game 11 in apologizes. Now…if you are mafia, I will vote to lynch you, but I will vote you for mayor in that game.

I promise that this will not be a repeat of V…
Aghammer at 1:48PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
I forgot the game where he died twice… that was an awesome game! And yeah, lack of trust, in this game, is a goodness :)

kitty17
Even though I betrayed Crocty once, I was actually still there supporting him for his win as Mayor. And I killed Crocty the second time with good reason…Ochi killed him first.

The second time I supported him, I actually did help him out when he was mayor, but it came back to bite me when he ended up killing me.

DarthVaderS1999 at 1:50PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
Im gonna make the mafia hate me. :D

*puts a time bomb on top of the mafia base*

*runs*

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
waff at 1:52PM, June 23, 2009
(online)
Niccea
waff
Aghammer
Go for it man….

waff
How about this Waff? *hands him a pin that says XI* I'll vote for you for anything good in Game 11 in apologizes. Now…if you are mafia, I will vote to lynch you, but I will vote you for mayor in that game.
ok so thats two votes I have to earn before XI.

Salsa at 1:54PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
oooooo. aaaaaahhhh. I love the smell, sound and looks of a good explosion in the afternoon.
RAGE!
crocty at 1:58PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
kitty17

Not true! All three of us trusted each other in Hark's game, after we shared roles.

(Well, I did…)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Hakoshen at 2:00PM, June 23, 2009
(offline)
All I meant was that you can't accuse people of being mafia because of who they support. That's it! Really!
-Harkovast

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon