Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia X Signup thread!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:45AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
Thats right, we are begining the tenth mafia game!

If you haven't played the game before, don't be discouraged by how this is the tenth game. It is easy to learn and with helpful veteran players, we always welcome new players with open arms.

For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message or simply how you act in the thread, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

Post here if you're interested in signing up. The actual rules for the game are as follows;

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Mad Hatter. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.)

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will notify you of this.

7. The cake is a lie.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form~

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. The Mayor always has one bodyguard automatically assigned to him but is free to assign the second bodyguard to whomever he wishes. The mayor is unable to change the target again, unless the individual that the bodyguard is assigned to, happens to be lynched.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. As long as the bodyguard is alive, the person he protects can not be killed via mafia or vigilante hit. The Mayor chooses who needs protection. Once assigned to their roles, the bodyguards cannot chance their target.

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill once per night, whoever you so choose. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. At day, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons attack him, the first person will die but the second will not.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill a fellow mafia member.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a regular townie to the detective. Also, he can't be killed by the vigilante as long as this power is in effect.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. He's brandished his pistol and taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can not plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or vigilante hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

The game will need at least 20 people to begin. More people are free to join which will
increase the numbers of regular townies.

Elected posts
Mayor:1
Pardoner:1

Townies (16)

Bodyguard:2
Vigilante:1
Paramedic:2
Veteran:1
Paranoid:1
Detective:1
Townie:8

Mafia (4)
Godfather:1
Mad Hatter:1
Mafia:2

Post here if you want to be a part of this. New players, as I mentioned, are more than welcomed to join.

1.WAFF-MAN!!
2.Bocaj
3.the2ndredbaron
4.gullas
5.Niccea the Great Deceiver
6.InuYasha_Rules
7.ParkerFarker
8.KillerBob
9.Crocty
10.kitty17
11.D_Dude
12.Product Placement
13.Ochitsukanai
14.Hakoshen
15.Salsa
16.pastel
17.Avalon comics
18.humorman
19.Exzachly
20.Aghammer
21.DarthVaderS1999
22.Harkovast
23.therealtj
24.?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
waff at 6:50AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
I'll signup, well someones got to act like a naieve, vengeful fool.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Bocaj at 6:52AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
I'm in this again.
Third time's the charm! (For what, I don't know yet…)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
the2ndredbaron at 6:56AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
How long have I been doing this and still I am left out of the group photos…..fine sign me up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:15AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
the2ndredbaron
How long have I been doing this and still I am left out of the group photos…..fine sign me up.

Who do you think is casting that shadow across the mafia's side?

gullas at 7:16AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
you know, Townston wouldn't be Towston if Gullas, the impaler wasn't around :)…. sign me up please ^_^!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
waff at 7:29AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
well…who is that batman guy.

Niccea at 7:36AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
Everyone get out of my way. I was supposed to be first.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:13PM
InuYasha_Rules at 7:38AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
WOW!!! You actually won a vote for once!!! And not just any old thing, but the Xth game!!! lol Sign me up dude!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
waff at 7:41AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
Niccea
It's the supertownie and WAILA show.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:50AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
waff

Its batman…I thought that was obivious.

InuYasha_Rules
WOW!!! You actually won a vote for once!!! And not just any old thing, but the Xth game!!! lol Sign me up dude!
I still rather be Mayor XD

Niccea at 8:30AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
waff
Niccea
It's the supertownie and WAILA show.
-.- You weren't supposed to know that I'm really Supertownie. Ochi made me a new pic. I'm bait on a hook.
ParkerFarker at 9:29AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
sign me up!

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
KillerBob at 9:57AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
Sign me up too!
My name is Bob and I kill things. Things like: moments, moods, norms, rules, and people.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:16AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
Wow, nearly half way there.

crocty at 10:17AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
*Generic Sign me up message*

EDIT: :o You're playing the rule where the paranoid doesn't know who he is?
Eh, it was kinda okay, but then there's no skill in to dodging the paranoid, just pot-luck. ): As I know very well.

But whatevs…
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
kitty17 at 10:20AM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
I'm in.

K.A.L.A.-dan! Moe Maid ;3
Pastel and Kitty :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
D_Dude at 10:35AM, June 21, 2009
(online)
I'm in too.
FEAR THE BADGER!
It's not overkill if you don't hit him.
Sir! We are surrounded! … Good. Then we can charge in EVERY direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM
Product Placement at 12:04PM, June 21, 2009
(online)
I see you're using my hidden paranoid rule. I agree because it prevents the townies to use him as an exploit like I did in the last game. :P

And of course I'm in. It's the tenth bloody game.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Niccea at 12:12PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
I see you're using my hidden paranoid rule. I agree because it prevents the townies to use him as an exploit like I did in the last game. :P

And of course I'm in. It's the tenth bloody game.
But it took skill and some good acting to paint me hunter. Also, I have that complex against lying so we had to say it in a way that I couldn't get pegged.
Ochitsukanai at 12:13PM, June 21, 2009
(online)
waff
I'm the goddamn Batman!

Also, summer midterms and vacations are over, so count me in. Besides, it's Mafia X. It's a milestone.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Hakoshen at 12:29PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
How could I not play? Been in this since the 2nd game and I can't quit now!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Salsa at 12:29PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
SIGN ME UP!!!
let's see if my luck's any better this time.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
Product Placement at 12:38PM, June 21, 2009
(online)
True, Niccea. I just like the fact that I managed to implement rules, like the paranoid and mad hatter variant, that other people are using for their future games. Makes me feel like I left behind a legacy.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
crocty at 12:40PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
True, Niccea. I just like the fact that I managed to implement rules, like the paranoid and mad hatter variant, that other people are using for their future games. Makes me feel like I left behind a legacy.
But the mad hatter couldn't target the paranoid in your game…:o
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
InuYasha_Rules at 12:40PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
Well……since I'm your freind and all… cough* cough*. I sure hope I get a good role and all this game! Hack* Hack* Cough*!!! lol

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
Product Placement at 12:42PM, June 21, 2009
(online)
crocty
Sure he could. It would just kill him.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
pastel at 12:43PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
I'll join too :)
. K.A.L.A.-dan! Fujoshi! Mafia MASS MURDERER! Kitty and Pastel :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:40PM
Ochitsukanai at 12:44PM, June 21, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
Well……since I'm your freind and all… cough* cough*. I sure hope I get a good role and all this game! Hack* Hack* Cough*!!! lol
Here you go.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
crocty at 12:48PM, June 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
crocty
Sure he could. It would just kill him.
:(

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon