MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XII the Legend of Townstonia
crocty at 8:01AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
So I take it there's no word from the detective checking your role?
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
waff at 8:06AM, July 26, 2009
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Anthony Mercer
Niccea
why are we suddenly jumping when a clue points so readily to waff?
It's not just a clue - as TFGM pointed out, there are at least three.
Thank you for repointing that out.

@Crocty's Statement: I REALLY REALLY need to start reading the rules more closly. Okay thats a waste cause I know know both Valks. One of which wants the detective to tell him/her if Waff did kill TJ.
how do you know the valkeryie isn't an ork pretending to be a valkeryie?
-edit-
and the clues you listed don't just point to me (well the smell does but I'm certain thats a red herring, to obvious).

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
therealtj at 8:55AM, July 26, 2009
(online)
crocty
So I take it there's no word from the detective checking your role?

Why would we do that? He can be fully trusted. He did, after all, say he was a local.

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
harkovast at 9:03AM, July 26, 2009
(online)
Detective checking the mayors role is ye olde pointless most of the time since it is normally ye olde Godfather that runs for them.
This means they would show up as a townie and thus appear niether guilty nor innocent.

Crocty's suggestion of such a flawed strategy, which has been tried and failed before, leads me to believe he is a bad guy and must be kileld via ye olde death rays!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
crocty at 9:10AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Detective checking the mayors role is ye olde pointless most of the time since it is normally ye olde Godfather that runs for them.
This means they would show up as a townie and thus appear niether guilty nor innocent.

Crocty's suggestion of such a flawed strategy, which has been tried and failed before, leads me to believe he is a bad guy and must be kileld via ye olde death rays!
No, he was going to run regardless of his role, which means he could be a mafioso, pretending to be a townie so we wouldn't check his role.
You see, you're basically saying “We can trust that he's a townie 100%” but we can't.

It happened last game, Kitty told Niccea to not waste the detectives power, because she was a townie and wouldn't be trusted either way. But she was the mad bomber, and if the detective checked her role, she'd have been found out much earlier.

If the detective finds that TFGM is a townie, then it's likely he's just that, as he was going to run either way, the chances of him getting a godfather role are low. But, we can never be too sure.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Sea_Cow at 9:44AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
I just read the Black Mage's powers. He can be a townie but still curse people and cancel lynches? That's just over the top.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
harkovast at 10:15AM, July 26, 2009
(online)
Sea cow it is the same as the godfathers regular powers.
he only shows up as a godfather when he starts murdering.
So basically that logically means YOU ARE THE BLACK MAGE!

KILL SEA COW!

Sea_Cow at 10:21AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
harkovast

KILL SEA COW!

But why…?
GarBonzo Bean at 10:26AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
I can't seem to find another clue in Kitty17's death besides the hammer clue, which points to Aghammer more than gullas. I admit that it does seem a little TOO obvious but Salsa said that the clues were obvious.
murder 1- Hak
murder 2- waff
murder 3- aghammer
gullas may have been involved

we should all agree on who to lynch before this turns into a four sided split vote
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
Niccea at 10:27AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Ok. I'm going to pull a Hark and ask for bribes. I don't like first day voting because something bad ALWAYS happens.

Either that or Ileave it up to fate and let random.org choose for me. (By the way I'm logging off in an hour and a half…so…bribe quickly)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Sea_Cow at 10:33AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
What do we bribe with?
Niccea at 10:42AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
The usual currency is fan art.

I will also accept promissory notes for future votes.

I will remind everyone why I am just allowing to be bribed:

First day votes are always troublesome. A valuable team member is lost in many cases. But, also, do you really think if you found a Chaos Agent, that they would go down without a fight? The best we can do is hope we are lynching a Chaos Agent and force the Black Mage and Alchemist to waste their abilities that keeps the lynches away from them.
Sea_Cow at 10:59AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
I'm personally saying we should all vote waff. The clues on TJ's murder are the only ones that cannot point to anyone else. Besides, Salsa said the clues would be obvious, so a Red Herring is not likely to be in effect here.
GarBonzo Bean at 11:00AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
I think we should vote Waff. The first murder was Humorman's, he was asking for it but the person who killed him probably knew he was a serf because he lied about being the paranoid. So they are probably an ork because I doubt the black mage would waste his time on a serf.
murder 2- 2 people killed, This one was most likely done by the black mage, Waff
murder 3- Kitty17 was killed, the narrative mentioned that it was done by an ork, probably Aghammer.
Assuming that Waff is not protecting himself, we should lynch him
Niccea at 11:21AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Kill 1
Humorman seethed with anger as the night deepened. “How dare they mock me!” he thought. He stamped through the village aimless. “All alone and brooding at night is not a good way to rid yourself of suspicion,” said a voice from the rooftops. A mighty figure dropped to the street and walked up to Humorman with the confidence of a man trained in combat and hardened in battle. “Ah, what would a bumbling fool like you know. Your looks tell me you be an imbecile,” Humorman spat. “I have a vast store of knowledge and a wealth of wisdom. I do not appreciate it being assumed that I am a fool by my build and looks!” The mighty figure took up his war-axe and parted Humorman's head from his neck.
Humorman the serf has been slain.
I would go with harkovast or hakoshen. I am actually leaning toward hark now. Sir Muir fights with an ax (I don't know how far into comics Salsa is going, I'm just examining anything I'm thinking of.) Also the attacker has a vast store of knowlege. You can either go with vast to point to harkovast or store to point to the fact that Hakoshen works (within the realms of DD) at Gamestop (a store).

Kill 2
Inuyasha_Rules and D_Dude were returning home after a night at the tavern. Their bawdy songs and drunken scent filled the cold night air. “Who passes here?!?” said a cloaked figure as the two rounded a bend. InuYasha_Rules fled as quickly as his ale laden senses allowed him. D_Dude tried to do the same, but for not. A spear pierced his breast and sent him to Hel. The figure grinned believing he was safe. Then another figure appeared as if from the mist. One of his eyes twinkled with an unseen light and his features were hidden. He shambled forward and the swell of strong spirits assaulted therealtj's nostrils. “He's drunk, and I shall easily win this battle,” he thought. He charged towards his opponent only to be halted by the mighty sweep of the other's club. Dazed, therealtj just managed to block the next attack. A third swing crushed his skull as one would crush a nutshell.

The drunk odor points to the tavern that Inu and DDude walked out of. So it can't be pointing to the fact that waff is a hobo. I will give you the one eye thing. It doen't look good for our boy waff. No wait. There is more drunkeness. But here is something interesting. The narrative already stated the Inuyasha smelled of spirits. He is also dressed as the Black Knight from the Holy Grail. That also obscures everything. But the multiple hits can point to Waff's sig.

Kill 3
Kitty17 was sleeping as a figure approached hammer in hand. An ork's yell awoke her as the figure swung his hammer. A hair's breadth was all that stood between Kitty17 and death, but she was not unscathed. Her arm had been bruised by the first attack. Near panic she fumbled at her knife that she had kept under the pillow should such an attack happen. Just as she had freed the knife her assailant knocked it out of her grasp. The…

Ok this is more to bring up a point. The narrative says that Kitty woke up to an ork's yell. Now, would that be said for every narrative in which an ork attacks? If that is the case, it is possible that the already convicted Waff is not an ork.

And the clues are a bit strange for this one and the only thing that people point out is the hammer.
Sea_Cow at 11:23AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
GarBonzo Bean
I think we should vote Waff. The first murder was Humorman's, he was asking for it but the person who killed him probably knew he was a serf because he lied about being the paranoid. So they are probably an ork because I doubt the black mage would waste his time on a serf.
murder 2- 2 people killed, This one was most likely done by the black mage, Waff
murder 3- Kitty17 was killed, the narrative mentioned that it was done by an ork, probably Aghammer.

If he is protecting himself, then we'll have definitive proof.
Aghammer at 11:31AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Actually, I see the Waff connection… the other stuff is unclear. I'm voting Waff for now.

Salsa, can you please say that either a) the Hammer thing IS a red herring (assuming it is) or b) that there ARE red herrings in your narrative?? thanks.

Sea_Cow
GarBonzo Bean

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Sea_Cow at 11:40AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
Actually, I see the Waff connection… the other stuff is unclear. I'm voting Waff for now.

Salsa, can you please say that either a) the Hammer thing IS a red herring (assuming it is) or b) that there ARE red herrings in your narrative?? thanks.

Sea_Cow
GarBonzo Bean

Salsa probably isn't at liberty to say that, but I'm not entirely convinced that you did the hammer kill. Based solely on the clue that the killer had a hammer,it could be you, gullas or PP.
Niccea at 11:41AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Well. I need to rush off. I decided I won't vote. It would be unfair to pick something at random. See ya guys later.
Sea_Cow at 11:43AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
lolbai
Anthony Mercer at 11:45AM, July 26, 2009
(online)
harkovast

KILL SEA COW!
You're not going to be happy until there's a game where you're the only survivor, are you?

GarBonzo Bean
murder 1- Hak
murder 2- waff
murder 3- aghammer
gullas may have been involved
I agree with those, except I don't think there's enough evidence to convict gullas.

…eth.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Salsa at 11:57AM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Waff: 5
Inuyasha_rules
Sea_Cow
TFGM
Anthony Mercer
Garbonzo Bean

Gullas: 1
Waff

Vote update above.

I don't ever remember saying that clues would be obvious. I wrote that up in about forty minutes so it really isn't my best work. (I'll start writing the narratives for night actions early instead of later) I would like to point out that no one was cursed last night since I didn't put up a narrative. even of someone had been cursed, hey would die during the next night cycle. I can tell you that any red herrings in last nights narrative are accidental. I didn't think to come up with any.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:17PM
harkovast at 11:59AM, July 26, 2009
(online)
Anthony mercer, one day I will get the serial killer role…then I will be happy.

By the way, you are casting doubt about my morals, therefore…..YOU ARE THE BAD GUY!
LYNCH MERCER!
HE WILL KILL US ALL!
*explodes*

Sea_Cow at 12:05PM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
Anthony mercer, one day I will get the serial killer role…then I will be happy.

Surely no GM would be that mad!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:06PM, July 26, 2009
(online)
Okay detective contacted me, or someone claiming to be anyway. They confirmed Waff killed TJ.

Also the other two kills are Valk kills. So I'd like all townies to STOP trying to solve them.

It was pretty obivious that the first murder was a Valk so I cast FOS on anyone who tried to solve that nar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salsa you forgot my extra vote. The king has full confidense in me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
GarBonzo Bean at 12:10PM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
what does FOS mean?
Are you sure that the last kill was by a valk, the narritive said it was an ork.
Salsa at 12:15PM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
Waff: 8
Inuyasha_rules
Sea_Cow
TFGM
In the Name of the King
Anthony Mercer
Garbonzo Bean
Aghammer
Harkovast

Gullas: 1
Waff

oops Thanks for the reminder.

To all. I state where clues come from and where they could be found in the first post.
RAGE!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:17PM, July 26, 2009
(online)
GarBonzo Bean
Why should we stop trying to solve the other murders? what does FOS mean?
Cause the people who commited them are on our side.

FOS: Finger of Suspicion, it is a term I picked up in other mafia games. It means your suspicious and I'm watching you.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
Salsa at 12:30PM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
be back in two hours. Going to watch Hellboy ^_^.
RAGE!
Aghammer at 12:35PM, July 26, 2009
(offline)
I love that movie (both of the the Hellboy movies)!

As an FYI, Rokulily (the wonderful) added a new page to Running on Empty…check it out http://www.drunkduck.com/Running_On_Empty_08/?p=590832. There might be clues! (okay, not really but it is so cool!!!)

Salsa
be back in two hours. Going to watch Hellboy ^_^.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon