MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XIII - Heaven or Hell.
waff at 5:20AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
harkovast
You all voted for me?
Ooooh thats cold!
Thats the first time I've ever been voted off one of these things!

But I'll be back…….

(next game, obviously!)

And a message to all my demon minions- yeah, I was the real leader, we just pretended it was Hakoshen in case of a security breach. Yes, the forces of evil lied to their followers….dont act surprised!
only me, inu and exach voted.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Product Placement at 5:27AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
No, I got last minute votes from other members as well but it was still Hark who had majority vote.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Exzachly at 6:07AM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
mine was one of those last minute votes. Good stuff :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 1:07PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Well it appears that the roles will be unchanged. All the ex-demons that are still alive will become rebellious spirits.

*waves a small Atheist flag*
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Aghammer at 1:30PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
herio told me to stay in this group or else (it was something like that) :) I didn't hear back from Merc or Mart so here we are… and sorry about knocking off that Ave guy… was totally Hark's fault!!

Product Placement
Well it appears that the roles will be unchanged. All the ex-demons that are still alive will become rebellious spirits.

*waves a small Atheist flag*
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Product Placement at 4:00PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
Narration!

The loss of the Pit Lord was a decisive blow for the infernal forces. The angels gained the advantage in the air while land based demons, scattered around the volcano, showed signs of retreating.

Tired and bloodied, the villagers drove off the hellspawns who had entered the town. Despite all odds the militia had been successful in protecting the town.

Triumphant the Archangel descended from the clouds, bringing with him his most trusted followers. He decided to land in the town center where crowds of villagers had gathered to celebrate the fall of the Pit Lord.

Those cheers of triumph were quickly silenced as the winged warriors landed amongst them. Spreading his wings in a majestic manner. His face was calm, serene, filled with wisdom. The Archangel spoke:

“Townsfolk! I stand before you as a friend. Tonight we helped you drive off the evil that threatened to consume this noble creation that has changed purgatory so profoundly. Rest for sure that we intend to keep a watchful eye over you as we..”
“-as you're leaving this place, never to come back.” Said the Atheist, interrupting his speech.
Calmly the Archangel glances towards the person who had made himself so rude. He looked like a street wise man who had seen his fair share of death over his life. Perhaps this was the reason why he had this incredible will power that allowed him to shape this previously empty void.
“I mean no harm to your town” Replied the angel. “We only wish to supervise-”
“You will do no such thing!” Said the Atheist with an even harsher tone then before. “This is a free world and we will resist you, just like we resisted the demons!”
Angered by his words, the Archangel takes a step forward. His angelic followers grab onto the hilt of their weapons.
“We only wish what is best for your town.” Said the Archangel with a firm voice.
Angered by those words, the Atheist continued. “Nonsense! I see right through you. You're only interested in this place as a resource. You're afraid of changes that are beyond your control. You fear loosing power and you will oppress us to keep the status quo. Well, that's not going to happen. We will bow down to no outsiders. We will govern ourselves. We will make our own rules. There will be no elitist rewards to those who follow a strict doctrine set by self righteous feather folk. No horrendous punishments made by clawed beasts. People will choose their own destiny like they should have always been allowed to do. An afterlife without choice is no life at all.”
“Your blasphemy shall be your undoing.” Said the Archangel and lifted his flaming sword.
The villagers sprung forward with their weapons in arms, ready to fight the Angels.

But these were trained soldiers, fighting men who had recently learned which end of a sword you should hold on to. There was no questioning how this fight would end. The villagers may have had numbers on their side inside the town square but that advantage paled against the might of angelic champions.

A guardian spirit challenges one of the angels who responds with a defensive stance. As the spirit makes a thrust, the angel parries and swings back. Brandishing his sword, just in time to stop the blow, the spirit tries to counter with a kick. Making a contact at the hip, the Angel gets pushed to the side leaving himself open for an attack which the spirit takes advantage off. Seeing that he would not dodge this attack, while unbalanced, he decides to fall to the ground, avoiding the blade as it cuts few strains of his hair. The angel now responds by swing his sword at his opponents feet, finally striking a crucial blow. The spirit screams in pain as he fall to the ground himself. The Angel quickly ends his suffering as he plows the sword into his heart.

Exzachly the Guardian Spirit is dead.

Trying his best to reach the Atheist, archangel moves around few villagers who try to attack him. He rather spill more blood but he has to take down this madman before he causes an unbalance that could severely affect the hallowed grounds of Heaven. One of the villagers makes a too close for comfort attack at the Archangel forcing him to respond with more than a parry. Striking him with full force of his burning blade the life force of the soul gets consumed in holy flames.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Rebellious Spirit is dead.

One of the Angels gets a drop on the Atheist. He intends to sever his head but his sword is stopped as a lamp post suddenly emerges from the ground, shielding the Atheist from this attack. The sword gets lodged in the metal pole and the Angel looks in terror at the Atheist as he unravels his lifeline with his mind.

Gullas the Angel is no more.

The battle is still favoring the angels. The defensive line around the Atheist shrinks more rapidly with every blow that takes another life. The second guardian spirit is on the defensive as two angels gang up on him. He was outmatched for this fight and was sure to die soon. He tries to thrust his sword at the left angel only to be painfully disarmed by the right one. Holding onto his wound on his arm the Guardian spirit looses all hope as the angels move in to strike.

The two angels, ganging up on the Guardian spirit are dead.

What just happened? The Guardian spirit was certain that this was gonna be it. These angels had him right where they wanted and were moments away from ending him. What just killed them? The demons! The Demons are attacking again. However, this time it's different. They are leaving the villagers alone, fighting alongside them. Their thoughts are coherent, their determination is strong. They know freedom again thanks to the Atheist and wished to return the favor. “Onwards! Strike them down, while we have the advantage!” Shouts the guardian spirit as he leads a collection of men and demons against the Archangel.

The Archangel surprised by these strange turn of events halted his advance. He cut through the scales of a nearby demon as the anguished beast incinerated into thin air. Several villagers tried to grab onto his sword wielding arm, only to meet the same fate. He can't keep this up indefinitely. He has to fly away. Regroup. Reorganize. He has to-

A sharp and blinding pain pulses through the body of the Archangel as he falls to the ground. During his takeoff jump, the Guardian spirit managed to get behind him, slashing into his right wing with his sword. So much for flying away. Standing up again, the Archangel painfully folds his wing to make a final stand. He was not out for the count just yet.

Those who are left.

Angels
Ochitsukanai
Kitty17
Sea_Cow

Rebellious Spirits.
Anthony Mercer
martinlo_23
herio
Aghammer
GarBonzo Bean
Waff
InuYasha_Rules
humorman
D_Dude

Turn 9 has begun.

Insider info

Angels:
ochi attacks Exzachly - success
gullas attacks Waff - failure
kitty17 attacks TheFlyingGreenMonkey - success

Rebells:
Vaff destroys gullas - success
Exzachly attacks ochi - failure
D_Dude attack kitty17 - success - 1 life left
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Aghammer at 4:45PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
Ex-demons to the rescue!
harkovast at 4:50PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
I want atheists to win!
Because atheism pisses god off almost as much as satanism!!!
Stick to those heavenly gits!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Aghammer at 4:58PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
Yeah! And I guess we only got one angel… I was kinda expecting two to go down :P

harkovast
I want atheists to win!
Because atheism pisses god off almost as much as satanism!!!
Stick to those heavenly gits!
blergness at 7:42PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
Epic narrations! I have but one complaint:
Product Placement
“Onwards, to the wall!” Speaks the demon with the spear as he notions the Doomguard to follow him.
I'm a girl. I was just excited I got to kill someone before I died though! :D
I have a comic now! http://www.drunkduck.com/Talking_to_Myself/ and i really don't care if you read it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
InuYasha_Rules at 10:09PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
blergness
Product Placement
“Onwards, to the wall!” Speaks the demon with the spear as he notions the Doomguard to follow him.

In all narrations, the gender is always refered to as dudes. Dont know why they do that but if a narration was made of a dudett, then there'll only be like 3 or 4 targets to choose from. And what just happened in the narration? What happened to kill the other two angels?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 10:45PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(online)
blergness
Product Placement
Like Inu mentioned. All narrations refer to characters as a ‘he’.

Since more men tend to play this game, labeling out the females is unfair since it will help the other players narrow down the list of suspects.

I actually took advantage of this once, when I became a mayor once, by “accidentally” leaking out that my vigilante was a she. It turned out to be a trap since Niccea (a female player) was the paranoid while the real vigilante was a male player.

… yeah. I'm mean like that.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
InuYasha_Rules at 11:36PM, Aug. 19, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
blergness
Product Placement

Since more men tend to play this game, labeling out the females is unfair since it will help the other players narrow down the list of suspects.

I actually took advantage of this once, when I became a mayor once, by “accidentally” leaking out that my vigilante was a she. It turned out to be a trap since Niccea (a female player) was the paranoid while the real vigilante was a male player.

but what happend in the narration?

Product Placement at 2:26AM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
And what just happened in the narration? What happened to kill the other two angels?
Oh, that.

That was a tease. I was trying to make the readers believe that the second guardian spirit was about to die. Those were just npc angels that died there.

As I said… I'm mean like that.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
InuYasha_Rules at 9:32AM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
…Ah, ok.

blergness at 1:42PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
blergness
Product Placement

ok, that's cool. I get that mostly guys play, I just figured since I was about to die anyway there was really no point in hiding my gender. :D Iz all cool.
I have a comic now! http://www.drunkduck.com/Talking_to_Myself/ and i really don't care if you read it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
Product Placement at 1:50PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
I understand that there's no point to hide the gender in that scenario, but I make it a policy of mine to not deviate from the rules I make for myself. Even in situations where a player, with a kill role, attacks and kills someone, only to be killed the same night, I place clues that identifies said player.

I honestly don't know why.

P.S. Next GM election thread is up.

P.P.S. Oh… you know what. Just like I did in the last narration of monster mash, I will name the players that are involved in the final fight.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
GarBonzo Bean at 2:56PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
I'm running again, I've posted on the GM election thread and I also promise epic narrations. Don't forget that I'm including TWO narrations every day cycle. Also Humorman is BANNED!
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
Product Placement at 3:33PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
GarBonzo Bean
Don't forget that I'm including TWO narrations every day cycle.
Why two?
GarBonzo Bean
Bribe- at the end of each day cycle I will post two narrations. one will be the lynch. The other will be an update of how the townspeople are doing on the island with the lack of food, trust, and amenities. You get to slowly watch the people of Townston go crazy! Doesn't that sound like fun?
Ah.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Aghammer at 3:40PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
WE should give Garbonzo Bean a chance to GM! I'm voting for her :)

Product Placement
GarBonzo Bean
Don't forget that I'm including TWO narrations every day cycle.
Why two?
GarBonzo Bean
Bribe- at the end of each day cycle I will post two narrations. one will be the lynch. The other will be an update of how the townspeople are doing on the island with the lack of food, trust, and amenities. You get to slowly watch the people of Townston go crazy! Doesn't that sound like fun?
Ah.
Product Placement at 3:49PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Ten more minutes until the narration that will (perhaps) end it all.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Exzachly at 3:55PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
*watches eagerly from the after-after-life*
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 3:59PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
It has come down to this. Admits the chaos of screaming and attacking angels and demons stood four individuals. Waff the Atheist and D_Dude the Guardian Spirit. Two rebellious souls, ready to defy the foundations of the universe. Ochitsukanai the Angel and Kitty17 the Archangel. Two divine beings, ready to lay down their lives to defend it.

The Atheist had his sights on the archangel. He was tired though and would need some precious few moments to collect himself. D_Dude was all that stood between him and the angels that were poised to strike them down.

“Distract the guard” said the Archangel to his follower. Without hesitation, Ochitsukanai obeys, swinging her mighty greatsword with both arms. Taking a defensive stance the Guardian spirit deflects the blow with his far smaller blade. It was not the size that mattered but how you used it, one might say. Nevertheless the battle weary soul was close to his breaking point. He had to end this fight soon.

Kitty17 charges Waff with all her glory, intent on not giving him another chance to recharge his blasphemous power. Offering no obvious means of defense, he was sure to fall without much effort. However, his body may be frail but his mind was far stronger. And the whole town was his canvas. Before the Archangel could reach him, the Atheist makes a hand gesture, causing a fist shape pillar to rise from the ground, punching the angelic leader in the face. The force of the impact causes her to fall to the side.

D_Dude lands on top of a collection of dead villagers, exhausted from the fight. The gash on his leg was not helping either. Ready to charge him again, Ochi raises her sword intend on splitting the spirit in two. Collecting his second wind, D_Dude jumps to the side, dodging the heavy blade that comes crashing down to the ground. He rolls over to a dead demon grabs his dagger a dagger, lying on the ground besides him. This hellish looking blade was shaped like a jagged tooth, obviously meant to cause excruciating pain to those on its receiving end. Holding onto it with his off hand, D_Dude stands up and attempts to strike.

Another fist comes from the ground. This time, however, Kitty was prepared for it and cuts it in two before it makes contact with her. This would be much easier if she could fly, thus avoiding these blasted obstacles that he's throwing at her but thanks to the wound she received earlier, her wing was far from usable for the moment. None the less, she knew what kind of tricks Waff had up his sleeves, this time and was not gonna fall for them again. As two additional fists come flying from the ground, Kitty barely manages to jump over them and lands mere feet away from her intended target.

Two swords form sparks as they meet in the air. Using his proficient hand, D_Dude takes advantage of his light blade as he forces Ochitsukanai to go onto the defensive. Finally he manages to get in close enough to push her sword to the side and at that moment, his jagged dagger finds its way to her side. Screaming in pain the angel bashes D_Dude away with her left wing. With the dagger still lodged in her side, she dares not to remove it, knowing that the demonic weapon was designed to do more damage, on the way out. Taking advantage of her moment of weakness, D_Dude attacks again, going for the kill.

The Atheist falls on the ground, with one arm in flames. As he watches his limb dissolve away he notices the Archangel standing over him. “I'll give you this one final chance to concede.” She says as she points the tip of her scorching blade to his neck. Confident that he was unable to act, Kitty is caught of guard when the ground collapses from under her and she falls down a deep pit.

Ochitsukanai drops down on the ground. Her sword is locked with D_Dudes. Using his weight against hers, the guardian spirit edges his blade closer and closer to her chest. “Farewell” he says as he makes his final push against her. “Believe me… when I say… that this is gonna hurt me… allot more then it's gonna hurt… YOU!” screams the angel back as she pulls the dagger out from her side and rams it into his head.

D_Dude the Guardian Spirit is dead.

Sitting down at the edge of the pit he just made, Waff relaxes his mind to reach out to the Archangel. “It won't be long now” he says quietly to himself. Just as he makes the contact, he's distracted again as he's punched upward by Kitty who came flying out from the hole. Collapsing down at the edge of the mouth, she takes a moment to shake the pain she had to endure while bating her injured wing. Rising up with fire in her eyes, the angry angel lifts up her sword again. “If there's going to be hell after all of this, I'll enjoy sending you down there”
Looking back at her calmly, Waff whispers “To late” as she fades away.

Kitty17 the Archangel is dead.

Thus came the final shock. The Archangel had been defeated. Triumphant, the villagers, in league with rogue demons, drove away the frightened angels from the town. Ochitsukanai, saddened by the losses of the battle, led the survivors back to heaven.

It didn't take long for the town to be restored to its former self. The demons and occasional angel that decided to stay behind, reverted quickly to a more human image. The war between Heaven and Hell continued on different battlefields, eventually destroying them both. With no reinforcements aiding either side, they were both doomed to fail.

Alas. Nothing is eternal. Not even Heaven or Hell. It was certainly not the first afterlives to fade into obscurity and would certainly not be the last. Just like the Greek gods came and went. Just like the Northern Gods were forced to yield to changing times. Nothing is eternal.

So what will happen to this afterlife? This world of Townston? Just like the Atheist promised, it's inhabitants were free to govern themselves. They were given the ultimate freedom of choice. But humanity is a fragile being that can never handle such luxury. Its desire to be bound to limitations will ultimately doom them. As time passed, people forgot all about what had happened. Again they sank into the torpor that was living a village life. With no memories of their death their sense of mortality returned. Since evil souls had no other place to go, crime became a common sight. Organized gangs started to plot about taking over the leadership. Eventually the final thing that was missing in Townston had returned.

The gallows.

The battle for Townston had begun anew.

The End.

1: ParkerFarker A doomguard. Destroyed during turn 5
2: Anthony Mercer A Rebellious Spirit Survived!
3: gullas the Impaler. An Angel. Destroyed during turn 8
4: waff-man. The Atheist Survived!
5: Hakoshen the Spartan. A Demon Destroyed during turn 7
6: Aghammer the Explosive. A Rebellious Spirit Survived!
7: GarBonzo Bean A Rebellious Spirit Survived!
8: D_Dude A Guardian Spirit. Destroyed during turn 9
9: kitty17 The Archangel Destroyed during turn 9
10:Niccea the Great Deceiver and keeper of records. A Good Samaritan. Destroyed during turn 4
11:Sea_Cow An Angelic Samaritan Survived!
12:crocty the Usual Suspect. A Heavenly Agent of Destruction. Destroyed during turn 5
13:Exzachly the Thirteenth Player in the Thirteenth Game. A Guardian Spirit (also Practically Hitler). Destroyed during turn 8
14:Ochitsukanai the trend setter. An Angel Survived!
15:therealtj A Heavenly Agent of Destruction. Destroyed during turn 7
16:humorman does not play well with others. A Rebellious Samaritan Survived!
17:InuYasha_Rules A Rebellious Spirit Survived!
18:Salsa the Luckless. A Rebellious Hitler Destroyed during turn 5
19:blergness A Demon. Destroyed during turn 7
20:harkovast the Patron Saint of Finger Pointing. The Pit Lord. Destroyed during turn 7
21:rokulily A Rebellious Hitler Destroyed during turn 7
22:TheFlyingGreenMonkey the Everlasting Pardoner and Bringer of Bloodbaths. A rebellious spirit Destroyed during turn 8
23:Aevalor A Rebellious Spirit Destroyed during turn 6
24:herio A Rebellious Spirit Survived!
25:martinlo_23 A Rebellious Spirit Survived!

Insider Info:
Angels:
Ochi attacks D_Dude - Success
Kitty17 attacks Waff - Failure

Rebellious Spirits:
D_Dude attacks kitty - Failure
Waff destroys kitty17 - Success
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
waff at 4:05PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
:) heehee.

'there is no “overkill” there is only “open fire” and “time to reload” rule #37
the things on my box are a dead squirell, a medal and a paper bag hat.
ow! I have shards of the fourth wall in my eye!
WAFF-MAN!! as of mafia VI
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:44PM
Product Placement at 4:08PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
I take it that you liked it then.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
gullas at 4:10PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
Good game old chaps :), fantastic narrations like always PP :) Now waiting for the next game ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
harkovast at 4:16PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Well done PP!
you are great at mixing this game up.

You claim to be a girl but PP wrote narration saying you are a guy AND he reads Harkovast (which all the cool people read) so I have to go with what he says.
You are now officially a dude.
Congratulations!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Product Placement at 4:19PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
*Taking off the top hat*

Thank you for that Gullas. And you as well, Hark. As much fun it is to come back and running this game, I believe that I've earned some well deserved rest time. I will be taking a good break from GMing for a while now (and if I decide to come back, I'll probably do a classic mafia theme). Got to give other players the chance to run this madness.

I will update the old narrations with inside information (who converted who and such) so that those who will draw out the narrations can put a face on the subjects.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Aghammer at 7:39PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
wow, awesome and I lived (and got to kill someone)…. I do NOT envy whoever ends up drawing this one!

Product Placement
*Taking off the top hat*

Thank you for that Gullas. And you as well, Hark. As much fun it is to come back and running this game, I believe that I've earned some well deserved rest time. I will be taking a good break from GMing for a while now (and if I decide to come back, I'll probably do a classic mafia theme). Got to give other players the chance to run this madness.

I will update the old narrations with inside information (who converted who and such) so that those who will draw out the narrations can put a face on the subjects.
herio at 7:44PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
woot i lived

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon