MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XIV GM election.
Product Placement at 1:14PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
The insanity that is the Heaven and Hell game is about to draw to a close. Thus I can't think of a better time then now to start a new election campaign for our next sucker.. uhum.. ehem.. willing participant to host the next game.

I will be taking in applicants for the next couple of days.

The all important rules.

Veteran players only. The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance. As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from previous games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal. What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? Make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Product Placement at 1:15PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
This post is reserved for list of applicant, their narrations and election status.

Applicants:

GarBonzo Bean
GarBonzo Bean
Narration: Product Placement was having trouble lighting the fire. Since Salsa had mysteriously disappeared, everyone on the island knew that it was the beginning of the new battle between mafia. Product wanted to be in a lightly lit place now that his past alliance had been eaten alive. He needed to find a new partner, fast. As he tried for the fifth time to bang rocks together, he heard a voice say, “Need some help?” The figure took out a lighter and lit the logs. “Thanks!” Product was just itching to befriend this stranger. Especially one with a lighter, “How did you get that on the plane?” He asked. “Slipped it into my sock.” After admiring the handiwork of the newly made fire, Product turned to face his new friend, and found a machete to his throat. “Are you ready to die tonight Product?” they dared. “Yes. No. Maybe.” Product stammered. “I’ll take door #1.” The attacker drew back the knife and plunged it into Product’s stomach. Product fell back, into the fire. The last thing he saw before he was burned alive was the smiling terrorist, walking away to claim yet another victim.
The clues- “sock”, my profile says sock
“Yes. No. Maybe-In the theme song from malcom in the middle, which I said that I like on my profile.
“smiling” My avatar is smiling
Red Herrings- “lighter” any avatars that smoke
“friend” any of products friends
Any other smiling avatars
These clues would all lead to me being the killer, but most of the time there will be multiple clues that could lead to several people. So the trick is to pick the mostly likely suspect and lynch him or her.

Niccea
Pulled out

TheFlyingGreenMonkey
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Narrative: Molly walked down the abandon artists’ alley. Everyone was at the late night anime movie screening. She had been with Serena until; she had seen a boy dressed up as a Monster and ran after it, leaving her all alone. Now she was lost. See couldn’t make heads or tails of the Con map see was given.

She thought she heard some rustling come from a nearby booth. She looked towards it. The booth was a belonged to a comic artist. Some of the black and white comic pages were still on the booth. She heard the rustling again. This time the sound came from behind her.

She turned to see what it was. She had enough time to see a Sasuke Cosplayer leaping at her before she was stabbed in her heart by a kunai. “Why?” Molly asked with the last of her breath. “I thought you were the one who killed my family. I guessed wrong but at least I schooled you in the art of the ninja.

Kitty the Background Character is DEAD.

Clues: Compic artist, Black and white compic pages, and schooled. I'm a comic artist, The Rejects one of my comics is in black and white, I mention I go to college.

Clues will come from profile, sig, avi and first few pages of comics.

Humorman
Missing a narration

ParkerFarker
ParkerFarker
NARRATIVE:
product Placement was eating his morning bowl of cereal when it happened. His house shook from the large BANG of a pipe bomb. He got up, spilling the cereal flakes all over himself. As scared as P.P. was, he couldn't stand not looking good. He went over to his bedroom to get a fresh shirt. POP POP POP. He heard the bullets racing through his house. Now P.P. didn't care about his look. He ran for his basement. Outside the Crips were making mince meat of his humble abode. They were just cruising down the street when they were attacked by a Blood Gang member. That member had retreated into poor P.P.'s house which started the Crip's onslaught. After many bullets had passed through P.P.'s walls, a Crips member smashed down the door. He went inside. As he searched the place He couldn't even find anyone… yet. He found the basement. P.P. had heard the gang member ransack his house. P.P. thought that was all they were doing, robbing his house, but he couldn't be more wrong. POP POP POP POP POP. The basement door splintered into many pieces. P.P. was trapped. POP POP POP. P.P. was bleeding. He looked down and saw the three bullet holes in his chest.

Product Placement THE IMMIGRANT IS DEAD

CLUES:

“As he searched the place He couldn't even find anyone… yet.”
My profile said “I can't even ollie yet”

RED HERRINGS:

Just about everything else. My clues will be hard.

And I take clues from anything on profiles (The whole thing, not just the description) and signatures.

Election Status: Open.

GarBonzo Bean (4)
gullas
D_Dude
Anthony Mercer

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (1)
Product Placement

Humorman (4)
Ochitsukanai
InuYasha_Rules
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

ParkerFarker (2)
Harkovast
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
GarBonzo Bean at 2:53PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
Mafia XIII- Stranded in the Bermuda Triangle!
Background story: Armed with their plane tickets and luggage in hand, the passengers to the Townston airport stepped on the plane heading to Hawii. The mayor of Townston decided to take a vacation from all the brutal mafia games and bought the whole town plane tickets using the money that was going to go to repairing the broken plane emergency radios; but who needed them anyway? After putting away the torches and pitchforks, the town boarded the plane. In the middle of the flight something went very, very wrong. The plane was going through “technical difficulties” when it headed through the Bermuda triangle. Then, a giant tentacle rose out of the water and slapped the plane. It went spinning out of control and landed on a small, unmarked island. Now the town has formed another mafia, but this time it is for the survival of them all.
Some rules-
1. All actions will have to be PQed to me to be counted as valid. The only exception is if double lynch is declared.
2. If you’re dead, you’re dead. You can still post, but don’t help any players with clues or give out any information to living players.
3. If I send you a PQ, don’t quote it on the forum, you can tell other people the results, but no quoting.
4. Each day and night takes 24 hours. Each ends at 12 am, to make it easier, I’m using GMT time. (I don’t go by it but I will try my best to have narrations on time. If you want to know the time for where you’re at, go to google and type in “GMT time”)
5. All actions are first come first serve. If you send a kill for someone after they sent one for you, you’re dead. I will tell you if your kill was wasted.
6. If you are under 13 then you must post your E mail address on the actual forum so that people will be able to contact you.
7. If you are annoying other people in the game, I will give you a warning. If you don’t stop whining, then I will take you out of the game. This has only ever happened once (humorman) and I don’t want to have it happen again.
8. If you are inactive for two nights, no posts or actions at all, then I will PQ you, I need to see if you are just playing it cool or blowing us off. If you don’t respond I will take you out of the game.
9. I will give you one bonus vote if you draw your poster for the campaign.
10. At the end of the day and night I will include a narration. At the end of the night the narration will have clues. The clues won’t be too easy or too hard; they will be based on avatars, profiles, sigs, titles, and will only be based on the first page of the comic if it is in their signature. I will only use words such as they, the attacker, and the killer. Too many roles have been slipped in previous games because of the GM saying the killer was a he or a she. I’m going to announce about a half hour or forty five minutes before the end of the night when I will stop accepting actions, the only time I will accept an action later is if you are pardoning someone. I will inform you if there are no clues in a narration.

Narration: Product Placement was having trouble lighting the fire. Since Salsa had mysteriously disappeared, everyone on the island knew that it was the beginning of the new battle between mafia. Product wanted to be in a lightly lit place now that his past alliance had been eaten alive. He needed to find a new partner, fast. As he tried for the fifth time to bang rocks together, he heard a voice say, “Need some help?” The figure took out a lighter and lit the logs. “Thanks!” Product was just itching to befriend this stranger. Especially one with a lighter, “How did you get that on the plane?” He asked. “Slipped it into my sock.” After admiring the handiwork of the newly made fire, Product turned to face his new friend, and found a machete to his throat. “Are you ready to die tonight Product?” they dared. “Yes. No. Maybe.” Product stammered. “I’ll take door #1.” The attacker drew back the knife and plunged it into Product’s stomach. Product fell back, into the fire. The last thing he saw before he was burned alive was the smiling terrorist, walking away to claim yet another victim.
The clues- “sock”, my profile says sock
“Yes. No. Maybe-In the theme song from malcom in the middle, which I said that I like on my profile.
“smiling” My avatar is smiling
Red Herrings- “lighter” any avatars that smoke
“friend” any of products friends
Any other smiling avatars
These clues would all lead to me being the killer, but most of the time there will be multiple clues that could lead to several people. So the trick is to pick the mostly likely suspect and lynch him or her.

THE TOWN (to win- kill all Terrorists and the serial killer)
Pilot– And we’re off!: increased count of two for lynches
Double the power: The pilot can declare two double lynch days during the game where players vote for two different people to lynch. He must notify me in this case or publicly announce it on the forum.
See you next game!: can declare an insta-lynch on the first day he gets elected. Whoever he picks will get lynched (unless pardoned). No voting.
Cover me!: The pilot can’t be killed (unless lynched) if the Lookouts are still alive.

Co-pilot- Innocent until proven guilty: has the ability to cancel 2 lynches during the game. This can work with the double lynches, the insta-lynch, or just two separate lynches. He is also protected by the Lookouts. You can’t pardon yourself though, sorry.

Lookouts- These two passengers stake out outside the pilot’s tiki hut, they will protect their pilot, no matter what. Thus, the pilot and co-pilot can’t be killed at night if these two are alive.
Look out!: The lookouts protect the pilot and the co-pilot from being killed during the night. As long as they are alive, the elected roles can’t be killed. But when they’re dead…

Warrior- Looks to be a normal passenger during the day, but at night he uses his island-made spear to do his dirty work.
Lock your hut at night..: The warrior can kill one person a night. But be warned, there will be a clue left over for the terrorists to figure out. There will be no way for the town to tell if the kill was made by you or a terrorist. Once the warrior is dead, a passenger will become the new warrior. After that reckless maniac is dead, there will be no more replacements.

Islander- This guy stumbled upon the stranded citizens of Townston and decided to help them. He knows a thing or two about survival, as he’s been stranded on the island for a year now.
I’m baaaack!: the Islander gets two, count em, two lives. This counts for bombs and lynches by the town too.

Superstionist- This guy is a paranoid. He has so many good luck charms that it is impossible for him to be killed, the first attempt that is.
I’m warning you, I’m wearing my lucky underwear: the superstionist will be the lucky one who wins the fight with the first person who attacks him. He does know who he is. You have been warned.

Totem pole keepers- Whoever possesses a totem pole can’t be killed. These guys give the totem poles to who they think might be a target for that night.
Watch out!: The TPK can watch over anyone during the night cycle. But if two terrorists attack a person protected, the person will die. One TPK can’t protect someone when they are outnumbered. If a kill is attempted on a person being watched, a clue will be left.

Philosopher – This guy has questions about everything. Now he is valuable due to the fact that one question will be answered by the volcano gods during the night and day cycle.
Who, what, when, where?: the Philosopher can ask if a someone was killed by a specific person, how many terrorists voted to lynch a specific person, or you can ask what role a specific person has (this one’s only usable twice) you can ask one question per day and night cycle.

Psychic - The psychic has used his ability to know the role of one town member.
What’s your role?: The psychic discovered the role of a town member. You can completely trust this person. They will be told that their role was told to you, but not who you are.

Passengers- These guys vote on whom to sacrifice to the Volcano gods during every day cycle due to the clues given by the narration.

THE TERRORISTS
Terrorist- Little did the passengers know, a terrorist was on board the plane, but before he could make his move, the plane crashed. I guess he will just have to settle with killing the town members, one by one.
Oh no you don’t: The terrorist can disable a person’s powers for a complete day and night cycle, if he target’s the superstionist, he’s a goner, it won’t stop the islander from having two lives though.
Don’t die, you’re valuable to the operation!: The terrorist can cancel a lynch once per game, if he uses it on a double lynch, both are canceled.
Don’t try and find me: He will appear to the philosopher as a passenger, if asked about his role.
If you want something done right, do it yourself: The terrorist can go after somebody himself, but, if asked, he will appear to the philosopher on that cycle. If he is the only terrorist left then this is automatically activated.

Accomplice – The terrorist’s right hand man.
Security!: This guy got past the airport security with a whole bag of bombs. He can plant a bomb on one person during a night cycle, or activate a bomb, not both. When he dies, all bombs are activated.

The panics- These are the people who panic in a disaster. Then, they side with the bad guys for their own safety. They can kill once per night cycle.

NOTE- If the terrorists outnumber the Town, then they win, every terrorist knows all the others.

SERIAL KILLER

Island ghost- This angry spirit was awoken by the crash, he wants kill all the islanders who dare disrupt his territory. Kill once a night and a clue is left each time. To win? Kill EVERYONE!

ROLES
Pilot- elected
Co-pilot- elected
Lookouts-2
Warrior-1
Islander-1
Superstionist-1
Philosopher-1
Psychic-1
Passengers- X (depends on how many people we get)
Terrorist-1
Accomplice-1
Panics-2
Island ghost-1

Bribe- at the end of each day cycle I will post two narrations. one will be the lynch. The other will be an update of how the townspeople are doing on the island with the lack of food, trust, and amenities. You get to slowly watch the people of Townston go crazy! Doesn't that sound like fun?

Bribe 2- No Humorman!
If its popsicle, its possible!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
gullas at 4:16PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
I like GarBonzo's idea, normal but theme-based mafia is always fun :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:39PM
harkovast at 7:05PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(online)
Garbonzos sounds good, but I will hear a few more before I commit right away.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:43PM
Niccea at 7:59PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
I'm going to run again. But I can't right a narration right now. I will get it in eventually.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
InuYasha_Rules at 10:34PM, Aug. 20, 2009
(offline)
I am looking for someone to do a normal game this time,…unless if you can come up with a really epic game! Speaking of wich, job well done pp! (although I don't think you meant for the spirits to win, did you? haha!)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:03AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
“We've Been Conned?!”

This will be a normal themed mafia with a few new roles or powers.

Plot: Townston is swarming with anime lovers, so when the first Townston Con suddenly appeared right in the middle of town no one thought twice. The Townies had just finished off the last of the mafia and wanted some much needed R because God knows without you the Town would be on fire.

(2)Fangirls((Bodyguards)): What’s a Bishi without their fangirls? Well luckily we don't need to find out.

(1)Typical Emo((Paranoid)): Anyone who gets too close to the T.E. will become so depress that they will kill themselves.

(1)Typical Hyper Character((Vig)): You have so much energy what else are you going to do other than killing people?

(1)Typical Smart Character((Det)): We all know that there is that one person in animes that know what’s going on. Who has the answers. The one person that keeps there head when all others lose theirs. And that person is you.

(1)Big Breasted Anime Girl((Vet)): You distract killers with your assets.

(3)Typical Quiet Character((New Role)): You never know what to suspect with these lot.

(Rest)Background Characters((Townies))

Bad Guys

(1)Typical New World Order Villain((Godfather)): You have the personality to make people follow you, even if your plan is crazy and will end up destroying the universe and everyone in it.

(1)Typical Traitor((New Role)): Every anime has that one person who acts like they are on your side only to back stab you in the end. And that’s you.

(1)Typical Avenger((Normal Mafia)): You were wronged and the T.N.W.O.V. convinced you the world needs to pay. So it will.

(1)Typical Pervert Villain((New Role)): You’re a pervert and evil. You’re the best of both worlds!

(1)Typical Useless Villain((New Role)): You try but you fail.

Serial Killer
Typical Temporary Villain((New Role)): We all know about the enemy that will have the ultimate drag out fight with the hero just to become his friend later on.

New Roles Explained
Typical Quiet Character: Random powers! Some examples, extra life, serial killer, and a few new ones, like, when they are targeted the person who targeted him will have their powers suspended for a turn, knowing one townies role at the start of the game. I have quite a few powers written down and will randomize them.

Typical Traitor: You’re a Mad Bomber with a TWIST! Your role will appear to be a townie. You’re too smart to let on to who you are really working with. Though there is a downside. The Typical Smart Character is SO smart he is given a clue to who you are after every day cycle.((This clue will be just a word. Clues will only come from profile or Avi))

Typical Pervert Villain: You have the power to kill once per night. You also have the power to find out a person’s role. Using that power will make you suspend all your other powers for a turn and will give a clue.

Typical Useless Villain: Your apart of the mafia but you have no kill powers and a clue is given to who you are every night.

Typical Temporary Villain: You can kill one person a night. If someone tries to kill you, instead of dying you join their side. You are informed of what side recruited you and the person who tried killing you will know they recruited you.

After the roles are given you will give me an anime character, which fits their roles, to represent them in the nar's

Narrations will be givin out at 12GMT. Voting will end at 11:30GMT.

Narrative: Molly walked down the abandon artists’ alley. Everyone was at the late night anime movie screening. She had been with Serena until; she had seen a boy dressed up as a Monster and ran after it, leaving her all alone. Now she was lost. See couldn’t make heads or tails of the Con map see was given.

She thought she heard some rustling come from a nearby booth. She looked towards it. The booth was a belonged to a comic artist. Some of the black and white comic pages were still on the booth. She heard the rustling again. This time the sound came from behind her.

She turned to see what it was. She had enough time to see a Sasuke Cosplayer leaping at her before she was stabbed in her heart by a kunai. “Why?” Molly asked with the last of her breath. “I thought you were the one who killed my family. I guessed wrong but at least I schooled you in the art of the ninja.

Kitty the Background Character is DEAD.

Clues: Compic artist, Black and white compic pages, and schooled. I'm a comic artist, The Rejects one of my comics is in black and white, I mention I go to college.

Clues will come from profile, sig, avi and first few pages of comics.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
humorman at 1:40AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Here's my game.

Essentially, it's the same as a regular mafia game with a few minor changes:

Elected roles
Mayor: Elected on the first day. Lynch vote counts as three (3). Can't be killed by the mafia or vigilantes at night unless all bodyguards are dead.
Pardoner: Runner-up to the mayor. Has the ability to pardon two (2) people from being lynched. Can't be killed by the mafia or vigilantes at night unless all bodyguards are dead.

Townies
Vigilante: Can kill one person per night.
Paranoid: If targeted by anyone during the night (mad bomber, mafioso, vigilante, paramedic, etc.), the targeter will die.
Detective: Can PQ me to find the roles of two (2) people throughout the entire game.
Paramedic: Can protect one person each night. If their protectee is attacked, then the protectee lives.
Veteran: Can only be killed at night if two people target him on the same night.
Citizen: Has no abilities.

Mafia
Godfather: Has the ability to cancel one lynch throughout the game. Cannot be killed at night until all other members of the mafia are dead.
Mad Bomber: Can plant two (2) bombs on people throughout the entire game. When this person dies, people who have bombs planted on them will also die.
Mafioso: Can kill one person per night. Cannot kill other mafia members.

Special Roles
Bodyguards: After the first day, a few random townies will become bodyguards. Neither the mayor nor the pardoner cannot be killed at night unless all bodyguards are dead.
Serial Killer: The serial killer's goal is to be the only living person at the end of the game.

I'll have a narrative up later.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Product Placement at 4:01AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
InuYasha_Rules
(although I don't think you meant for the spirits to win, did you? haha!)
Whatever made you think that?

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ParkerFarker at 6:58AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
PSSHHH!!! themes are way cooler than unthemed and Garbonzo Bean's a banana (eewwwww)

We need some cool gang warfare!
(this is just the same as my last entry)

Mafia XII: District Townston

Townston was having an unusually quiet few weeks. It seems that the mafia had left their cocaine dealings in Townston and gone to Miami. The only interesting occurance had been the strange influx of new people… And with it a crime wave. As the day went on, gunfire could be heard in Main Street. Two rival gangs were battling it out. East side and West Side. The mayor sat in his office, scared to death. He couldn't handle this. He didn't know what to do. The mayor sat worrying all night. Just before sunrise, though, there was a knocking at his door. He got up and opened it. No one there. The mayor was turning around when *BOOM* a massive explosion vaporized him out of existance. Later that morning the town gathered in front of the newly burnt Mayor's Office. They called for balot boxes. Townston Election '09.

Roles:

Townston:
In order for the good people of Tonston to win, both gangs must be completely dead.

Mayor: Elected
-Mayoral Importance: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
-Twice as Nice: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
-Secret Service: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
-Celebratory Killing: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place.

Pardoner: Elected
You can pardon two lynches. Two single lynches or one double. You are also protected by the mayor's bodyguards, but if one dies, you are defenseless.

Bodyguard:
Two Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a gang member, local, or special role, he can only be a regular immigrant. The Bodyguards protect the mayor and pardoner BUT If one bodyguard is killed, the mayor takes priority and the pardoner will become defenseless. If both bodyguards are killed, then the mayor will become defenseless.

Police Officer: (Vigilante)
You have been commissioned by the mayor (although strangely he doesn't know who you are)to take out the gangs fighting in the streets of Townston. You have the ability to kill once every night. each time you kill a clue is left pointing to you. Although during the third day, one of the gang members reveals your identity to the town, better hope those paramedics aren't inactive.

Paramedic:
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night (this move can be made during the day cycle). When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will indicate that the target was attempted but saved, but it will not explicitly say who the target was. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless.

Walt Kawalsky: (He's Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. It seemed appropriate): (Veteran)
You have lived in this town since the ‘50s, back in the days when Townston was not corrupted by the mafia and gangs. You also fought in the Korean War so it’ll take more than one hit to kill you. You have to be targetted twice to be killed.

Detective:
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer, you can ask me what role a specific person has, or you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting. You may only use one ability per day/night cycle.

Ex-Gang Member: (Paranoid)
You used to be part of the West Side Gang, but you traded that life in and became a good person. Even though no one knows this, your paranoid that the one of the gangs will find out and kill you. Anyone who targets you (be it Paramedic, Police Officer, Gang Member) you will kill.

Immigrant: (Townie)
You have immigrated into Townston.

GANGS:
in order to win, a gang must have killed the rival gang and the entire town.

There is the Blood Gang and the Crips Gang, each gang has the following:

The Boss:
Being the head of your gang, you can do a lot of things. If you choose to, you can attack a player every night. You can only be killed in a lynch or by the rival boss.
-Drive-bys: This has the same effect as the horsehead. The Boss can target a player with a drive-by, only once in the game, and said player will lose her/his special abilities for the following day and night.
-Rain on their Parade: The Boss can cancel a lynch once in the game. If it is a double lynch, Both lynches are canceled.
-Beagle Puss Glasses: The Boss will appear, to the detective, an immigrant.
-Protective Goons: The Boss cannot be killed by the Police Officer or rival Gang Members unless all of his/her gang members have been killed. If the Police Officer or rival Gang member does attack, s/he will die.

Molotov Maker:
Each night you can plant a bomb on someone or detonate an excisting bomb. You can plant only two bombs at once.

Gang Member:
You have come to Townston with your gang. Each night you can kill one player.

Elected posts
Mayor: 1
Pardoner: 1

Townston (8+the Immigrants)
Bodyguards: 2
Police Officer: 1
Paramedics: 2
Walt Kawalski: 1
Detective: 1
Ex-Gang Member: 1
Immigrant: The Rest

Bloods (4)
The Boss: 1
Molotov Maker: 1
Gang Member: 2

Crips (4)
The Boss: 1
Molotov Maker: 1
Gang Member: 2

NARRATIVE:
product Placement was eating his morning bowl of cereal when it happened. His house shook from the large BANG of a pipe bomb. He got up, spilling the cereal flakes all over himself. As scared as P.P. was, he couldn't stand not looking good. He went over to his bedroom to get a fresh shirt. POP POP POP. He heard the bullets racing through his house. Now P.P. didn't care about his look. He ran for his basement. Outside the Crips were making mince meat of his humble abode. They were just cruising down the street when they were attacked by a Blood Gang member. That member had retreated into poor P.P.'s house which started the Crip's onslaught. After many bullets had passed through P.P.'s walls, a Crips member smashed down the door. He went inside. As he searched the place He couldn't even find anyone… yet. He found the basement. P.P. had heard the gang member ransack his house. P.P. thought that was all they were doing, robbing his house, but he couldn't be more wrong. POP POP POP POP POP. The basement door splintered into many pieces. P.P. was trapped. POP POP POP. P.P. was bleeding. He looked down and saw the three bullet holes in his chest.

Product Placement THE IMMIGRANT IS DEAD

CLUES:

“As he searched the place He couldn't even find anyone… yet.”
My profile said “I can't even ollie yet”

RED HERRINGS:

Just about everything else. My clues will be hard.

And I take clues from anything on profiles (The whole thing, not just the description) and signatures.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
Aghammer at 8:48AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Bean,

Regarding this..

Look out!: The lookouts protect the pilot and the co-pilot from being lynched or killed during the night. As long as they are alive, the elected roles can’t be killed. But when they’re dead…

I believe the bodyguards normally only protect the mayor/pard. during the night… not from lynches? If they protect from lynching as well, it would be close to impossible to get rid of the mayor/pard. if they turn out to be mafia (and one of them is almost guaranteed to be mafia :)).

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Niccea at 8:55AM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
Bean,

Regarding this..

Look out!: The lookouts protect the pilot and the co-pilot from being lynched or killed during the night. As long as they are alive, the elected roles can’t be killed. But when they’re dead…

I believe the bodyguards normally only protect the mayor/pard. during the night… not from lynches? If they protect from lynching as well, it would be close to impossible to get rid of the mayor/pard. if they turn out to be mafia (and one of them is almost guaranteed to be mafia :)).

That is correct bodygaurds usually are on only one person. And since a ton of people are running, I will wait until next time to run. Maybe I will think of an idea then.
GarBonzo Bean at 1:13PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Aghammer
Bean,

Regarding this..

whoops sorry, that was a typo. Originally I thought that they couldn't be lynched, I only found that out about two games ago. Anyway, yeah they can get lynched. Thanks for pointing that out!
GarBonzo Bean at 1:16PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
ParkerFarker
Garbonzo Bean's a banana (eewwwww)

But…you eat bananas! Are you telling me you are a bananaterian?
Product Placement at 3:53PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
GarBonzo Bean
To this I resond:

It's three minutes in.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:04PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
I'm a killaterian. I only eat things that have been killed :D

Niccea at 5:02PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
GarBonzo Bean
To this I resond:

It's three minutes in.
XD I loved that part of the movie. I once had a vegan roommate and I told her that I only ate meat. I then joked that she was my winter food supply.
ParkerFarker at 5:35PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
GarBonzo Bean
ParkerFarker
Garbonzo Bean's a banana (eewwwww)

hmmm, well I guess… I guess I didn't quite think about that. And now everyone thinks I am some “bananatarian” so I have to eat Garbonzo to prove that I'm not. She's not running anymore in the GM election on account of the fact that she's about to be eaten.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
harkovast at 5:46PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(online)
I like Parker Farkers idea, he has my full support!

InuYasha_Rules at 9:35PM, Aug. 21, 2009
(offline)
Niccea
XD I loved that part of the movie. I once had a vegan roommate and I told her that I only ate meat. I then joked that she was my winter food supply.

0.0!!!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 4:25AM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
I'm opening for votes now.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:29PM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
Humerman for the win XD

Product Placement at 6:47PM, Aug. 22, 2009
(online)
I'm keeping the polls open til tomorrow. That should be plenty of time to allow anyone who's interested in voting to swing by and pick their favorite concept.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
harkovast at 4:45AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
I never watched notting hill.
British romantic comedies, made for the American audience, starring Hue Grant…I get a head ache just saying the description out loud!
Those things are like my kryptonite!
If I ever tunr into a vampire and try to bite you, just put four weddings and funeral on the telly. It will scare me off faster then any garlic or crosses!

Niccea at 7:36AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(offline)
harkovast
I never watched notting hill.
British romantic comedies, made for the American audience, starring Hue Grant…I get a head ache just saying the description out loud!
Those things are like my kryptonite!
If I ever tunr into a vampire and try to bite you, just put four weddings and funeral on the telly. It will scare me off faster then any garlic or crosses!
I had to watch it because they were playing it during the bus ride on our trip across Europe. I believe we watched it between Arles and Barcelona.
ParkerFarker at 7:57AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
has anyone noticed how every romantic comedy is the same. They go like this:

1. Guy and girl meet/are friends.

2. They fall in love.

3. They hate each other.

4. They love each other again because they always knew it was love.

I think it all started with Shakespeare, and his “A Midsummer Night's Dream”.

Anthony Mercer at 8:07AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker

2. They fall in love.

3. They hate each other.

I think Shakespeare was copying the stuff that had been done since Ancient Greek times. Shakespeare didn't do anything new, he just did it better.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
ParkerFarker at 8:09AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
Anthony Mercer
ParkerFarker

2. They fall in love.

3. They hate each other.

I think Shakespeare was copying the stuff that had been done since Ancient Greek times. Shakespeare didn't do anything new, he just did it better.

So it goes all the way back to ancient Greece aye? God almighty…

Product Placement at 8:57AM, Aug. 23, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
So it goes all the way back to ancient Greece aye? God almighty…
Eh… They were probably just copying someone else.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon