MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXII - Mystery Mafia
Niccea at 3:12PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)

The city of Townston awoke in fog one morning. The past year was lost to them. They did not remember why they were in the strangely put together town. Paramedics forgot years of medical training. The vigilante woke up and wondered why there were so many guns in his house. The paranoid forgot to take his medication that kept is irrational violence under control. The godfather woke up and survived his private collection of horses in confusion.

In the center of the town, the gallows had a body hanging from it. It was a woman with animal like ears. Nobody remembered who she was, but there was pile of books at her feet. All forms of identification were missing. The inhabitants thought they would be able to remember such a funny looking person, and figured that she could be new until they read the note pinned to her shirt. “I have killed your mayor soon the city will be mine again. ~ The Godfather.”

The town figured that they could worry about their collective amnesia later. For now they should elect a new mayor.

Day One Has Begun!

PQ votes for mayor to me by 6pm CST on Saturday.

Note: If you haven’t joined the game yet, it isn’t too late. Just PQ me to join by the end of the cycle.

Table Of Contents:

Opening Narrative
Roles
Opening Narrative II
Day One
Night One
Day Two
Night Two
Day Three
Night Three
Day Four
Night Four
Day Five
Night Five
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Niccea at 3:13PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all mafias.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are: increased vote count of 2, ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly), and cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Once in the game, he can declare a holiday were nobody gets lynched. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are. When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself and he may not pardon more than one person per day.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie. (Might delete this role and just give the Pardoner and Mayor extra lives instead)

Vigilante
You have the ability to kill up to two people of your choice during the night phase. You cannot use both at once and may wait to use them whenever you feel like. A clue will be left behind that points to you for the mafia (or the town) to interpret. If your hits ever overlap with a mafia hit I will cancel it and notify you the following day and you will be able to use it again. If your hit overlaps with another Vigilante I will cancel all other hits but the first one and will notify anyone whose hit didn't go through the following day and you will be able to use it again. You will not be told if it was mafia or murderer that caused your hit to be canceled.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved, but I will let the Paramedic and the person saved know if they were targeted and saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid
While pro-town, the paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in the war. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or villager (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. The paranoid due to his disorder, he thinks he is just a townie.

Detective
You have three abilities you may use. You have the ability to ask me whether or not a specific clue points to a specific person and get a yes/no answer. You have the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what role a specific person has. And for the last ability you may ask me how many mafia voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on mayor election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You cannot ask about both people in office.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

MAFIA ROLES
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all townies or enough townies so that the numbers are equal or less than the number of alive mafias. Unlike townies, all mafias know who each other are. With the exception of the mad hatter and godfather, all mafia members can kill once per night cycle. A mafia cannot kill a mafia however.

Godfather
The godfather has the special ability of being able to leave severed horse heads in the target's bed. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his family are already dead. The Godfather will appear to be an innocent townie to any detective. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The mad hatter’s special ability is to plant two bombs throughout the whole game on two specific players. He may choose when and who to plant these bombs. Should the mad hatter dies, kaboom! Those whom he planted the bomb to will die as well. If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.

Mafia
You are a regular mafia member. You get to stab someone in the face every night cycle.

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by our own rules and have your own win conditions.

Serial Killer
You are neither townie nor mafia. You may kill who ever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.

Players:

1. TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner and bringer of blood baths and serial killer. Blown up Night 5
2. gullas the impaler and pardoner and townie
3. Product Placement the Game Master and paranoid
4. seventy2the veteran
5. I Am The 1337 Master the Madhatter Killed Night 5
6. GarBonzo Bean the bodyguard. Lynched Day Five.
7. Salsa the luckless and vigilante
8. Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker and godfather Lynched Day 4
9. harkovast the patron saint of finger pointing and furry pusher and detective
10. Randomdudeperson the townie
11. rokulily the minister of cuteness and mayor and townie Blown up in Night 5
12. Devastator Chan the mafia. Annihilated in night four.
13. samethe townie
14. Theskunktrainer the lone paramedic. Lynched Day 4
15. Inuyasha_Rules the shell. Lynched and pied Day Two

ROLE COUNT

Townies:
(0/1) Mayor
(1/1) Pardoner
(0/1) Bodyguards
(1/1) Vigilante
(1/1) Veteran
(0/1) Paramedics
(1/1) Paranoid
(1/1) Detective
(3/4) Townies

Mafia:
(0/1) Godfather
(0/1) Mad Bomber
(0/1) Mafia Member

Special:
(0/1) Serial Killer

Day One Mayoral Votes

rokulily (4)
poster
anthony mercer
Garbonzo_bean
harkovast

gullas (3)
gullas
Theskunktrainer
randomdudeperson

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (3)
rokulily
poster
theflyinggreenmonkey

Day Three Lynch

Anthony Mercer(6)
seventy2
randomdudeperson
Salsa
I Am The 1337 Master
GarBonzo Bean
gullas

Product Placement (1)
theflyinggreenmonkey

Day Four Lynch

Anthony Mercer(7)
theflyinggreenmonkey
gullas
seventy2
harkovast
Salsa
randomdudperson
Product Placement

theskunktrainer(2)
seventy2
harkovast

harkovast(1)
Salsa

Salsa (1)
gullas

Product Placement (1)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

TheFlyingGreenMonkey (1)
Product Placement

Day 5 Lynch

Garbonzo bean(4)
harkovast
gullas
theflyinggreenmonkey
rokulily
seal of the mayor

1337 Master (3)
randomdudeperson
gullas
Product Placement

same
Randomdudeperson

seventy2
Randomdudeperson
harkovast at 3:22PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
I think you should message everyone to tell them we've started!
Even though you aren't telling anyone their roles, if you dont tell them its begun I fear no one will show up.
I also fear hieghts.

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Niccea at 3:26PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
harkovast
I think you should message everyone to tell them we've started!
Even though you aren't telling anyone their roles, if you dont tell them its begun I fear no one will show up.
I also fear hieghts.

^.^ Thanks Hark. I was debating whether to do that or not.
gullas at 3:33PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
Gullas looks at the body of the recently deceased mayor and a small spark of his own self comes back.
“A- a- a- a knife? Yes, a knife! Someone hand me a knife!” Furry paw reaches out and hands a large(for a fetus) machete and steel to sharpen it. Gullas looks at the blade, and more and more he realizes his destiny. Gullas jumps at the body of the mayor, cutting it loose and the funny looking eared recently deceased mayor falls down on the street. Gullas moves slowly to the body and raises the blade high in the air. He starts to swing it around himself, cutting the body into wonderfully prepared “Last nights fillet”, pair of “furr-ears”, “robbers leg”, “mayor-bacon”, “Niccea-burgers” and Gullas's favorite “The pepper and lemon glazed-fists of justice”.

Every last bit of the body is turned into a delicious set of meat, ready to be cooked.
“Townsfolk!” Gullas says in a rather tired yet energized manner, “I know who I am! I am Gullas, the butcher of robbers and innocent alike and until I had my blade agian, I was just like you! Wondering about what had happened to my memory. Obviously something major has happened!” Gullas looks to his left, and his familiar meatshop is still there, small yet filled with wonderfully meaty goods.
“YOU THERE!” Gullas points at Harkovast
“Me?”
“Yes you, put that meat inside that meatshop! Townston, I am your hope…destiny…courage and your supplier of meaty goods! vote for me as your leader. That is all, and please drop by and have some meat”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
harkovast at 3:43PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
News- at 10pm eastern standard time tonight I am doing an interview with a pod cast thingie called The Villains Corner.
Might be worth a listen if you want to hear what I sound like and hear me blab about Harkovast and stuff….

http://www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.jsp?masterId=31632&cmd=tc

Nothing to do with mafia, but I thought some of you might be interested.

rokulily at 4:03PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Niccea at 4:11PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
Some things are just innate.
seventy2 at 5:16PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
I am the ultimate athlete.(in pre training)

I WILL LEAD US TO VICTORY. i can help you. i can save you.

Vote me as mayor.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
harkovast at 6:01PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
Vote for me!
I intend to put very little effort into campaigning, thus saving more energy to be an extra super awesome mayor!

therealtj at 7:32PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
Jeeze. I think I killed mafia. D:

“The only moral it is possible to draw from this story is that one should never throw the letter Q into a privet bush, but unfortunately there are times when it is unavoidable.”
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant At the End of the Universe
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
rokulily at 8:26PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
therealtj
Jeeze. I think I killed mafia. D:

eh, it's been in decline. hopefully as summer slooowwly approaches people will find time to join in… instead of just lurking. Quit hiding in those bushes!!

egads! i just noticed we need a town shrubber! please apply for job at townhall, pays +.1 harkopoint per day. thank you.

Salsa at 9:25PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(offline)
After gullas turned the fur-eared woman into meat products, a familiar sensation fell over Salsa. The need to feel heat, hear thunder, to see stars. Then as someone lit a grill, it all came back to him, the rockets, the lasers, the artillery, the glorious spaceport for they were all his!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:53PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
rokulily

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HARD I LAUGHED AT THIS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Randomdudeperson at 10:55PM, Jan. 29, 2010
(online)
gullas
Gullas looks at the body of the recently deceased mayor and a small spark of his own self comes back.
“A- a- a- a knife? Yes, a knife! Someone hand me a knife!” Furry paw reaches out and hands a large(for a fetus) machete and steel to sharpen it. Gullas looks at the blade, and more and more he realizes his destiny. Gullas jumps at the body of the mayor, cutting it loose and the funny looking eared recently deceased mayor falls down on the street. Gullas moves slowly to the body and raises the blade high in the air. He starts to swing it around himself, cutting the body into wonderfully prepared “Last nights fillet”, pair of “furr-ears”, “robbers leg”, “mayor-bacon”, “Niccea-burgers” and Gullas's favorite “The pepper and lemon glazed-fists of justice”.

Every last bit of the body is turned into a delicious set of meat, ready to be cooked.
“Townsfolk!” Gullas says in a rather tired yet energized manner, “I know who I am! I am Gullas, the butcher of robbers and innocent alike and until I had my blade agian, I was just like you! Wondering about what had happened to my memory. Obviously something major has happened!” Gullas looks to his left, and his familiar meatshop is still there, small yet filled with wonderfully meaty goods.
“YOU THERE!” Gullas points at Harkovast
“Me?”
“Yes you, put that meat inside that meatshop! Townston, I am your hope…destiny…courage and your supplier of meaty goods! vote for me as your leader. That is all, and please drop by and have some meat”

I'll vote for you, as long as you hire me at the meat shop. Unlike the cat, I'm not TOO hairy, and besides, I have experience,…as long as its deep fat frying. :p
gullas at 2:38AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
Randomdudeperson
I'll vote for you, as long as you hire me at the meat shop. Unlike the cat, I'm not TOO hairy, and besides, I have experience,…as long as its deep fat frying. :p

YOU'RE HIRED! Now put some chocolate over some of the leftover bacon. The kids love it :D
harkovast at 7:27AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
Therealtj, as much as I hate squirrels, I have to respect that awesome avatar!

Product Placement at 7:40AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
I would say something clever now but apparently I forgot all my jokes.

Oh hell, they all sucked anyways.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Niccea at 8:15AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
You know, if gullas wins because he is the only one that voted, I'm going to be very disappointed in you.
gullas at 8:52AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
*is very, VERY excited ^^ *
rokulily at 8:57AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
hmmmm… okay! I'm running for mayor! cause there must be a battle for mayorship somehow an' there. So i was mafia last time so i probably have a slightly less chance of being mafia again. plus i draw cute pictures!

Here's my poster!
seventy2 at 10:21AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)

she has a hidden agenda….vote Seventy2!
facara
Niccea at 10:39AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
Last night I had a cake that looked exactly like the one in Portal. It even had a cherry on it. Only it was 100% chocolate. Chocolate cake, filling, frosting and chips on top. Not to mention the cloud of whipped creme to cushion the cherry.

Oh. I might end the cycle late. Some unexpected things came up. Things changed. I will get everything done as soon as I get on. When I send you your role, I will just say “You are a _______.”
Randomdudeperson at 11:15AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
gullas
Randomdudeperson

YOU'RE HIRED! Now put some chocolate over some of the leftover bacon. The kids love it :D

*snaps to attention* YES SIR!!! *Runs into the back of the shop*

Sorry Roku, but Seventy2 makes a good point. :p
rokulily at 11:24AM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
seventy2
she has a hidden agenda….

can't have a hidden agenda yet- nobody has roles so far. Besides, i have backup cookies for those who don't like cake.

my current non-hidden agenda is:
1. be mayor
2. draw the pictures
3. make this election a bit more exciting
4. help the town
the end
gullas at 2:16PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(offline)
*is very happy about the current status*
seventy2 at 2:56PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
rokulily
my current non-hidden agenda is:

see, in order to have a non-hidden agenda, you have to have a hidden agenda!
facara
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:56PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
TFGM for Pardoner! I mean look at this poster. Not good enough for Mayor but not bad enough to be thrown out all together. How much more Pardoner can it be?!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
rokulily at 3:31PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Not good enough for Mayor

seventy2
see, in order to have a non-hidden agenda, you have to have a hidden agenda!

oh, i'll have a hidden agenda. but that's point number 5- i just simply havn't gotten around to making one yet. bother future rokulily about that… so what's your agenda seventy2?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:33PM, Jan. 30, 2010
(online)
rokulily
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Not good enough for Mayor
Awesome Image.

((Thanks for the help :D))

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon