MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXV GM Election
Salsa at 1:47PM, March 25, 2010
(offline)
It is that time again, I mean seriously we're down to three people! Time to select a new leader for the biggest forum game on Drunk Duck. I will use our nice old form by Product Placement, of course.

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Mettaur at 2:59PM, March 25, 2010
(offline)
This is the story part, I put up the rest later on.

The king of the Mafia looked over Townston, a small little village that has plagued the Mafia for years. Every time that the Gang would come to collect, bribe, even ask for a cup of sugar, something incredibly violent and strange was bound to happen. This very town, had been the death of Big John, the father of the new Mafia King. He clenched his fists, eyes filled with a cold rage. Hatred, not just business this time, but pure, cold, hatred. He had it all planned out, had hired the help of a expert, nothing could stop his vengeance. Soon, Townston would be blown up more than the price of gasoline. Salsa, the new leader of all crime, would not be stopped. Not unless, of course, the bomber crossed a few wires up there.

As his new “boss” stood on the hill, watching that disgusting little smear, the bomber was very excited. Of course, his opinions on why the town was to be killed differed from the Mafia Boss. No, this town was sickening, a collection of freaks and sin-bringers, a embarrassment to all beings. It was his mission to destroy these people and their town, to spare the rest of the world. But the mafia wasn't squeaky clean either, they would have to be taken care of as well. Loading his rocket launcher onto his shoulder, he then readied, aimed the little laser…

Salsa noticed a small pin-point laser on his chest. He then stated “What in tha!-” He then turned into a dozen air-borne pieces of Salsa, gory, red, Salsa. The bomber especially enjoyed the red, his favorite color. His still twitching torso fell to the ground, in a small crater made just for him. The bomber strolled up to the hole in the turf. “Ah, wasn't that nice of me? I even dug your grave for you!” Salsa, was still alive, just barely. “Wh- why would you…” He could speak no more, but still, he was still alive. This pleased the bomber, because he could then still have an audience to his speech. “You see, I have tried to help this town for years, but none would appreciate. Those Townies are evil folks, and so are you Italians! So I've wired bombs all over the place. Remember that pay-check you gave me? Bombs in every person, every building, and if a person tries to leave town…well, they turn into Salsa!” The trembling torso of what formerly was a proud, strong man uttered“ But…why?” The bomber then had a flash of anger in his eyes, but quickly regained his composure, no need to terrorize a man in his final hours. Who knows, might even find some use for what's left. “Well, Mister Crime Lord” said the Bomber, in his silk voice, “Because I'm the goddamn hero”. He then enjoyed the last hour as he watched as Salsa slowly expired in the blackened pit. Soon, he would watch as these fools slowly killed each other off. Oh, what fun, seeing them fight!

Salsa, king of the Mafia, is dramatically dead.

Of course, there was a Mafia member watching over Salsa, not much he could do though. He ran back to the Town Center, called everyone over. He warned them of what happened, told them that both Mafia and Townie would have to work together! This was agreed to, if not uneasily. They could continue their feuds later on, but for now, the Bomber would have to be stopped. The reporting Mafia then went back to what remained of the hill, and tried to give his father a decent burial. Later that night, Rokulily was walking around the town, enjoying the fresh night air. Suddenly, she stopped. She heard a strange noise, near Black Kitty's statue. She started to walk towards it, but then abruptly halted. Salsa's hat, still containing his scalp, had just landed on her head. The following morning, she had the hat cleaned.

Clues pointing to me: I try to be a hero, even when a villain.
I try to make people happy most times, so sending to Rokulily the hat seems to be Salsa's wishes, And so I obliged….happily.
Watching kill each other off, I host Forum Fighters.
I like writing, and recieving PQ's. So the happy that he would have an audience thing shows.
I'm always helping people that don't deserve help, in real life as well! So I dug his grave for him, in my own creative way! ^.^
I try to stay calm most times, and I am quite the speech maker, but at times I get really p*ssed off. As with the flash of anger, and then forcing myself to re-gain my composure.

This is a standard game, with some modifications. There is a time limit, 6 days, if the Bomber doesn't die until then…blamo! Might lengthen the time, but not so sure…Plus, to be thorough, he planted bombs in people that only a special surgery, which is very expensive, can remove. This surgery can be bought using the money given by The Man With The Ball Hat, makes him invulnerable to the getting blown up at the end, but in return another is dragged down to appease Satan's hunger. Plus, you can still get lynched or killed by mafia. This game is where the Bomber has planted all the bombs, just has to wait it out. But he can still bomb a guy when he wants, but no waiting to blow it up, he decides to bomb someone they die on the night of sending in that night action, and it reveals a clue like always. Anyways, the main goal would be to kill the Bomber first, you can kill the former enemy mafia or townie if you want, obviously though some people will attack their uneasy allies due to tradition of these turf wars. But main goal, kill the Bomber. Can continue the game after-wards the time-limit if the hatter is killed or lynched, whatever. Only if the remaining survivors want to kill the ones that helped save their hides. So, hows my version?

Plus, I live in N.C, American East Coast. What would be my time? Cuz I got my schedule planned out, just need to know what time to tell you guys.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Niccea at 12:26PM, March 26, 2010
(offline)
I would loooove to run, but I have 4 research related projects due. Good luck to everyone.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Mettaur at 12:35PM, March 26, 2010
(offline)
And good luck with those projects!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Kroatz at 12:38PM, March 26, 2010
(online)
suckup… :P

Yes, good luck!
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Mettaur at 12:54PM, March 26, 2010
(offline)
Listen Kroatz, I'm a polite guy, I compliment and encourage people when they need it. And four projects, you probably need someone to say “good luck!”. I know, I've had that pile-up happen to me, it wasn't good. Not mad at you, just mad when people don't think before they talk, or type in this case.
Randomdudeperson at 12:07AM, March 27, 2010
(online)
Game play:

Here are the changes that I’ve made to the original game style.

You don't get to attack a specific player. Instead, you tell me which street you want to patrol, and if an enemy is on the same street or nearby, you will attack each other. To keep it simple, the street names will just be numbers and letters, and the amount of streets I use will depend on how many ppl play.

Also, all actions happen AT THE SAME TIME!!! The more friends you work with, the better your chances of survival!

There are two fortresses, one for each guild. They will have their own specific spot on the map, that only the guild members will know. If you choose not to prowl the streets, your action will by default to stay in the fortress. However, your mission is to find and eliminate the enemy fortress, so you can’t stay hidden forever! Planning has to go into raiding a fortress in order for it to succeed.

A lot of things depend on random chance. Did you detect the trap? Did you see the footprint? Where you able to put 2 and 2 together? All this will be chosen by the all mighty D100! I know how a lot of you LOVE it so much! >: )

Also, you don’t have a set amount of lives. It’ll all depend on who you are, who attacked you, and of course, the die rolls.

Roles:

All roles are different! Everyone has an ability! However, the only roles you know, are your own and your guild members.

The guilds:

I will randomly select two ppl that are guild bosses in the beginning of the game. They will tell me an amount of ppl's names that they want to invite into their guild. (I will decide how many invites they are allotted, depending on the amount of ppl playing) I will then tell the chosen ppl that they have been invited into Either the Ragers guild or the Eliteists guild. The person will either accept the invite, or not. All ppl in the same guild will know each others roles and abilities. A lot of players become stronger when working with other ppl.

Elitists:

This is a government run operation. They know who to talk to, so they have all the gizmos. They are mostly focused on the defensive side, and are considered to be the “good side”.

Ragers:

These ppl HATE the government! They might be poor, but they have a lot of rage to them, making them lethal! This guild focuses on mass destruction and is seen as the “bad” side.

Which guild you want to join will depend on your role. A good guy will be executed for joining the Ragers, and visa versa. I will tell you where you want to go, along with your role and abilities. Some roles become stronger when they join a guild. And if you don't join a guild, don't worry. It's not the end of the world! :)

Combos:

Many roles have matches. Some matches benefit ppl, while other matches are mortal enemies. If mortal enemies join the same guild, chaos will ensue! I'll pq you and your guild when either event happens.

Any questions, just send me a message!

Narration
street corner: 2-B Weather: Very dark and cloudy

“How long must I wait? How many times must I try just to fail?”

“Yet another person stands in the way of the Ragers”, came the reply.

“So, I've been sent help this time, have I?”

The man looked at the cloaked figure. Those red eyes of his where kinda creepy. “Of course, like you where just saying to the night sky, you've failed many times, and the boss isn't too happy ‘bout that. ”Of course, I don’t see what I can do either, being a townie and all. I suppose I can solve clues for you though?“

The cloaked figure began to chuckle. ”Hmmm,…I'm beginning to see the bosses reason in having you join me. Come! Let us search street corner 2-B, I have a good feeling about this one.“ *more chuckling*

The two walked to the corner, then around it, and again, and for good measure, they walked around it backwards. Nothing.

”Maybe we should try walking around it while humming?“

The cloaked figure ignored him. ”I sense it, a holy aura, but where is it?"

The cloaked figure was about to explain to his companion what he was searching for, when a gun shot was heard close by, and felt even closer.

The cloaked figure has fallen to the ground!

“HOLY COW!!! WHAT DO I DO!?!? WHAT DO I DO!?!? THE BOSS DIDN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO IF HE DIED!!!”, the man began to run around in circles frantically.

“Silence fool. You're giving me a head ache”, and with that, the cloaked figure hit the man over the head with his staff. He then proceded to pull the bullet out of his chest, as the man watched in awe.

“Um,… what just happ…” *BANG* Yet another gun shot was heard, and this time

The cloaked figure smiled. “First one to taste, the second to find.” Green sparks flew from his hands and staff, falling onto George. The body began to twitch, then move, then it stood up in the same position as George had been in life just before the bullet hit him. “Cast aside you weakness my minion, allow yourself to be free of this world.” With that, George's dead body began tearing its flesh and guts off, leaving nothing but the skeleton. The cloaked figure held forth the blood soaked bullet he pulled out of himself, and the fresh skeleton took it. It then looked up at a building, red eyes burning with hatred.

“My blood, for strength. The second bullet, for the path. And now a minion, to retaliate with. DRAW FORTH YOUR WEAPON MY MINION!!! SLAY THE ONE THAT HAS CAUSED YOU SUCH PAIN!!!”

The skeleton held its bony hand out, and an axe forged out of shadows and in the very furnaces of hell itself materialized.

“Too long have I waited for this moment just for a pesky mote of life to ruin it! HAHAHAHA!!!”, and with that, the cloaked figure vanished. The skeleton, however, began running towards the building with lightning speed.

“Oh no! It's onto me!”, that the gunman. He began running upstairs, intent on running from roof top to roof top. After all, it WAS just a skeleton. I mean, they aren't very agile, and they can't swim, right? He just had to find a large, blunt object with wich to smash it with. Wait a minute, why not just use his rifle? The gunman turned around in the middle of the stair way, ready to face his attacker. Funny, he just killed this man, now he has to kill him again?

He waited

And waited

He ate some of Roku's leftover cornbread.

Ok, what was the hold up? He cautiously walked back downstairs. Nothing. He looked out the windows. Nothing.

“I know he told me to stay in the building, but I don't want to be trapped in here with a skeleton!”, he thought. He reached for the doorknob, and the instant he touched it, it swung open, revealing…,Duhn duhn DUHN!!! …the closet. “Oops, wrong door! haha ”Oh well, just as…“, a bony hand grabbed him by the throat, cutting off the sentence. Salsa looked at his attacker. ”How? How did…*gasp* you break through… *gasp* the priests protection?“, Salsa croaked. With a deep, unearthly voice, the skeleton replied,”The shadows of your mind. You doubt many things, mote of life. It was these shadows of doubt that exposed the holy protection that you had. But now, you've let me in, not only in the house, but into your mind." The door of the closet shut silently, as Salsa was forced to relive every minute of his life that he regretted in a single instant.

Salsa the townie was killed by his skeletons in the closet! :p

The clues about me include, red eyes, the lauging, an axe, random stuff. There are also clues about my role, but you aren't allowed to know what it is right now!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:02AM, March 27, 2010
(online)
Mafia XXV: Time Rampage!

Plot:

Townston is under attack! AGAIN! But this time it isn't angels, demons, nerds, monsters, titans, gods, nor Hark's imagnation! But by their own descendants! Thats right the future is attacking the past. How is this happening!?! Well jump to the year 2222! Where time travel is no longer a dream. The Mafia fighting a losing battle agianst the people of Cityston, ((Townston being renamed during WW6 where TFGM the immortal summoned zombie Hark to team up with Niccea the 8th to fight the combined power of the Salsa corp and the Gullus Meat Inc to reclaim the world from runaway corporation)) decided to make one last desperate all out assualt on City Hall. One by one they were picked off until all that was left was the Godfather. Running through the halls of City Hall he found the Time Portal. It was then that he hatched his evil plan. If he couldn't take over the present he would take over the Past! The Mayor got there just in time to see the Godfather jump through the portal. Not thinking twice he jumped in right after him.

Two bangs were could be heard during the night. The people of Townston got out of there beds to discover what was about. The mafia had already taken out a few of there own. What could they be up to now. They discovered two crators and a note in both of them.

The first read,
Dear legitimate businessmen of this time period. I come baring gifts. New pieces that will help in your business. Important info about none family members and much more. Just allow me to be your boss and you will have a new era of…high earnings.

The other note read,
This is a warning! From the FUTURE! I the Future Mayor have tracked down a old, present, and new enemy, the Godfather from my time period to here. Do not panic! Just because he knows who the present day mafia and most of the present day townies are isn't a reason for panic. Unless you are one of those roles then I guess it is. But that aside, with the future tech I have we can stop this villian!

Screams were heard as both townies and mafia died one by one. They couldn't hide from themselves when they were common knowledge in the history books.

Game Play:

This is a blend of normal mafia and Angels and Demons. Only a few townie roles and mafia roles survived the first night. They were never revealed in the history. Thus leaving a power vacuum on both sides. If either side wishes to win, they will have to recruit from the masses. Both the Future Mayor and Godfather have the power to recruit someone. They use there matter altering gun to transform the individual into a random townie role or mafia role, from a past game.

Roles:

ROLE COUNT

Townies:
(1) Mayor
(1) Pardoner
(2) Bodyguards
(1) Future Mayor
(1) Vigilante
(0) Veteran
(1) Paramedics
(1) Paranoid
(0) Detective
(the rest) Townies

Mafia:
(0) Godfather
(1) Future Godfather
(1) Mad Bomber
(1) Hitman

Special:
(1) Serial Killer

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Boost Morale!: Once in the game, he can declare a holiday were nobody gets lynched.
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1 once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks, gets lynched. Take heed if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could point you at a mafia at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He is also protected by the bodyguards. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. This could be either two single lynches, one double lynch, one half of a double or whatever. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is also unable to pardon on the insta-lynch or himself.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner can not be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

Townies!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Future Mayor
In the future mayors are created not elected. You've been genetically altered to be the best you can be.
As such you can once per night either protect someone, kill someone, or turn someone using you Matter altering ray gun to change them into a random townie role from a pervious game.
Also once per day you may investigate someone((can only be used once)) or ask a yes or no question about a clue.
Vigilante
Vigilantes are like cockroaches. So even though a vigilante was killed by the Future Godfather a new one popped up.

You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
One of the Paramedics being a modest soul, the Paramedic never took credit for any of his good deeds and thus never ended up in the history books. But the other one did take credit and was killed for being in the history books.

You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but save and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect the person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch but he cannot discover planted bombs.

Also in this game the Paramedic will stop the matter altering ray if it is atempted on the person under his watch.

Veteran
Was in the history books and thus killed.

The Detective
Was in the history books and the first to die.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special notes, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. If the Mad Hatter targets the Paranoid will both die. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie and thus why he wasn't written into the history books.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

Also in this game you may just become something more than a townie.

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Future Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The future godfather is able to do much more than leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. With the future tech he is able to leave a robot horse head! This has the effect of negating any special abilities the person may have had for one day and night cycle. A paramedic can intercept the message.
Time Interference: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a townie to the detective.
Matter Altering Ray Gun: Once per night the Future Godfather may attempt to turn a person into a mafia member. The person will be a random mafia role from a pervious game. This power can be used while behind the curtain.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.
You can also investigate someone once during the game.

Godfather
Normal Godfather was in history books and thus killed.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter can do one of the following, plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that he's already planted. He can't plant a bomb and detonate it during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more, once he's detonated one. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given who he might be. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If one of his targets are killed by someone else, he loses that bomb. The bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who he might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well.

Sense the Mad Hatter and his victims were all blown to bits his identity couldn't be determined and he was never writen into the history books.

Hitman
Both orginal Hitmen were written in the history books and were killed. But a upcomming associate stepped up to replace one.

Can kill once per night.

SERIAL KILLER
While this individual is not allied with the Mafia, he is a dangerous person, none the less. His ultimate goal is to be the last person standing.

Can kill once per night and is immune to matter altering beam.

Scedule: Votes and actions will stop at 2:00 am GMT and narrative will be givin at 3:00 am GMT.

Sample Nar! Is comming soon!

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
same at 5:00AM, March 27, 2010
(online)
This time RDPs mafia seems interesting to me. Wonder what changed lol!.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:31AM, March 27, 2010
(offline)
…I actually…I…

vote for…mettaur…

]\

i think…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 11:42AM, March 27, 2010
(offline)
Great, I just need the list of the standard roles, someone PQ it to me please, and I'll have the list of the roles.
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:45AM, March 27, 2010
(offline)
go to discussion and look through a PP original game rules set. I like his rules best. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 12:09PM, March 27, 2010
(offline)
ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption. Ah, but that was in the past. For now, all you are supposed to do is kill the bomber, lynch him and see the wretched life seep out of him. but, then again, you can always lynch some Mafia while you look for the bomber…
Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many criminals voted in it. This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia. Yeah, but once again, this was when the bomber wasn't a live bomb. Now, your goal is to unite with the townies and kill the bomber. BUt, you can still kill the townies also. ;)

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.

Mad Hatter
Those evil little freaks! They never appreciate anything, and those Mafia are just as bad! They all have to die, all of them! And when everyone is a nice red paste, you can start the twon over, the world will be better without these two groups! Your Win condition is kill everyone, this includdes all Townies, Mafia, and the Psychopath.
Each night, the Mad Hatter is able to plant a single bomb on someone. He has to detonate the bomb the night he plants it, basically lob a grenade at someone, or put a mine in their path when they're jogging. Every time he blows someone up, or his bombs are defused, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, the BB (BigBomg) will be defused, and the others will win (Note: Game can be continued afterwards). If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad hatter loses that bomb. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well.

Big news! The Mad Hatter just got a tad madder! The Time Limit for the bomb has been shortened to 5 days, and if the Hatter decides not enough people are dying yet, he will shorten the time limit even shorter! You know what? 5 days, but not night five! Muahaha!
Product Placement at 5:21PM, March 27, 2010
(online)
I'm intrigued by the Crazy mad hatter concept but I find the 6 day countdown to be too much. Most games don't last that long and if it does, over 80% of the players are normally dead already.

If it were 3 days? Well… I bet it would make the other players sweat a bit.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Randomdudeperson at 5:44PM, March 27, 2010
(online)
same
This time RDPs mafia seems interesting to me. Wonder what changed lol!.

The sample narration. :/

Also, I can't help but to dwell on the fact that this is the 4th time I'm running with this idea. It makes me feel that I'm not appealing to the players needs, so, I need your guys's outside opinion. What changes would YOU make with my game? This doesn't gaurantee I'm going to make any changes, but all your thoughts will be considered. :p
Mettaur at 6:56PM, March 27, 2010
(offline)
Sorry, but maps confuse me lol! . How's about instead of making some streets and stuff, you use actual buildings in the official town map? Like the Library, The Vault, Loot and Hooch, Black Kitty's statue, landmarks to patrol and stuff. Less complicated, that way people can focus more on strategy then where they are.

TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 7:21PM, March 27, 2010
(online)
Salsa do we have enough applications yet?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Product Placement at 7:38PM, March 27, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Yeah. It's high time to start the election.

Don't make me decide to run.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
jninjashadow at 8:06PM, March 27, 2010
(online)
So I'm voting for Mettaur… IF You can promise me a nice spot for Ninja's Loot n' Hooch. That or the Spades bunker…
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Randomdudeperson at 11:04PM, March 27, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
Sorry, but maps confuse me lol!

Ok, for your sake, think of it like a grid. You know, like battle ship? Hence why I've used 2-B in my narrations. :p

Oh, and gratz to Salsa, for that epic narration.
Salsa at 5:22AM, March 28, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Yeah. It's high time to start the election.

Don't make me decide to run.

I was going to leave the applications open until monday, but since you made that comment, I guess voting is open. I'll announce the winner on wednesday at 12:00am GMT (6:00pm server time.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Mettaur at 7:26AM, March 28, 2010
(offline)
Well, ya speak with Niccea for where you want the store to be, but if you need a bunker fer tha Spades, they can always settle down at the Vault! Just no killing people, and stuff. IF you got a duel or something, settle it outside.

And Random, that's exactly what I meant, grids. Maps are easier to understand, but the grid thing confuses me.
Kroatz at 1:44PM, March 28, 2010
(online)
Vote for monkey!
That is all…
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
same at 4:18PM, March 28, 2010
(online)
My vote is for RDP.
Because i like battleships!
Mettaur at 5:29PM, March 28, 2010
(offline)
I've decided to make pic's for all the players. Here is one for Same, hope you like it!

Send me a description of what you want your character to look like, and I'll build it! Here are the available parts, clothing, and weapons.

Randomdudeperson at 9:22PM, March 28, 2010
(online)
same
My vote is for RDP.
Because i like battleships!

Very much apreciated! ^_^
Mettaur at 10:32AM, March 29, 2010
(offline)
If I am chosen as GM, I promise epic narrations!
Mettaur at 1:44PM, March 29, 2010
(offline)
But seriously, I would definitely vote for Random if he didn't use grids, and instead used the town map. Besides, then you can think, who else would patrol that type of place? That is, if you can't vote for yourself! Ha, just joking! But, eh, can you vote for yourself?
same at 4:08PM, March 29, 2010
(online)
I think the fact that youre posting your own is a self vote anyway. So i dont think so.
Mettaur at 4:33PM, March 29, 2010
(offline)
Well in that case, I vote for RDP, if he uses a less confusing thing like a map instead of a grid.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon