MAFIA... and other forum games

MAFIA XXVII GM ELECTIONS
Randomdudeperson at 8:37PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Ok, so I'm sorry that my game annoyed everyone. But now, HERES YOUR CHANCE TO BEGIN ANNEW!!!

I'm pretty sure there are some rules that i can copy and paste, but I don't know where they are, so I'll recall them as well as I can by memory, of which I have the worst. :p

1. You have to have at least two games under your belt to run. It was 2 right?

2. You can't run for gm twice in a row.

3. Ummmm,…show us your game plan?

Ok, so I cant really remember, someone want to do me a favor and find the rules for me? Niccea? lol

Ok, so I'm taking votes for the new gm. Anyone will be better than me at the moment, so i expect a lot of votes. :p
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
Niccea at 8:43PM, April 25, 2010
(offline)
just go to any of the last GM election threads. The rules are standardized now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Product Placement at 8:47PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Randomdudeperson
I'm pretty sure there are some rules that i can copy and paste, but I don't know where they are

….

Ok, so I cant really remember, someone want to do me a favor and find the rules for me?
Uhm… You realize you could have scrolled down the Forum Game page until you would have found the last GM election, in which YOU won in!

Sigh…

The standard form:

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it
It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff
The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.

Edit: Actually. No. I won't be posting anyone's sample narration. That job is Random's, actually.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 9:10PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I have some requirements for anyone trying to get my vote.

First: They must use my full titles, TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner, bringer of bloodbaths, the Imperialist of Townston, first one to receive three titles, record holder of titles and the wearer of the green hat

2nd: They must do the first requirement.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Product Placement at 10:47PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
*Why the hell are you doing this to yourself Product? You've got other things to do.*

I'm in. I'm running again. I want to play with the original concept some more, by making it a little bit harder for the Townies. There will be no pardoner or Mayor in the game. No double lynches. No pardoning. Majority rules in this town.

In theory there are no bodyguards either but the paramedics are upgraded so that their protected person can't be killed. Day 1 will be spent where the “candidates” will have to convince the protectors to guard them.

I will post a more detailed game description, along with a sample narration tomorrow, once my muse strikes me.

I'm thinking of forgoing my usual humor in my narration. I want to play with more serious tones.

P.S. You drive a hard bargain monkey. A very hard one indeed. Very well. You shall be known as the player with the longest title in my game.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Zeph at 10:59PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
I'll probably pass on voting again. Can never decide.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Kroatz at 11:52PM, April 25, 2010
(online)
Once again I'll be going with Mafia Noir. A heavy theme that I believe I can work pretty well. The rules will be pretty much standardized, there will be one exception though.

Every night is split into three parts, when you make an action you need to PQ me in which part you would like to do so. Killing can only be done once a night, protecting can be done to two different people in two different parts or you can protect one person in two parts of the night.

This will keep open the possibility that everyone can be killed, even when they're protected most of the night. To keep people safe you will need to work together to decide who needs to be protected when. A bonus is that one person could protect two others in one night.

And HARKOVAST… you still owe me that vote. ;3
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
same at 1:29AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Ba zing!

Townstoria:

Townston has been through a lot of crazy things. From time travel to monster attacks. This time towns ton has been ripped from the fabric of space and has been moved to a different world. This world is know as central gaia. Townston now finds itself in a tolken esc world. Elves and Gblins fight over land. Giant trees move and dragons rule the skies. Heros triumph over evil lords and others fall in the attempt. Townstoria, rebuilt as a stronghold for the righteous and good. Although where there is good there is evil.

A dark elf lord sits in his shadowy throne. He watches the stronghold through a portal. He holds a glorious ring in his fingers. “This place, I shall claim it as my own” He says sipping his wine from a goblet made from bone. He stands to face best his warriors. “My faithful warriors, we make our plans. The 5 of you will infiltrate this stronghold as part of their community and we will take them down from within. I will remain here and watch your progress. Do not fail me.” His warriors bow and march off to their barracks to get well rested for the operation ahead of the. The dark elf looks through the portal and places the ring on his finger. “Rest now Townstoria. I shall write your nightmares.”

This game is a simple mafia with a few twists to the rules and revised roles.
Narrations will be given at 9:30 pm gmt and 10:30 pm gmt on weekends.

Mafia are now The demon spawn.

Demon spawn roles:

Dark Elf lord.
Abilities:
Darkest dreams
The darkest dreams ability allows the Dark elf lord to enter and control the dreams of his target. His enchanted ring gives him the ability to deeply disturb the minds of whoever he chooses. This ability makes the target deeply traumatized causing them to barricade themselves inside their home for 1 day and night turn. Meaning that they cannot be killed or lynched. Although they also cannot give an action or vote. The Darkest dreams ability has a cool down time of 1 night turn. implying the game even lasts that long
Summon Oblivion:
Summoning this demon gives the dark elf lord the ability to directly effect the towns people without being there. Oblivions eternal suffering allows it to trap their target in a pit of sorrow and self pity. The target wont know what happened until the next day at the lynch. They will lynch themselves and the lynch will be cancelled. This can be used only twice.
The last boss:
Upon the defeat of the rest of the demon spawn minions the dark elf lord may choose to enter the battle field. This means that they will be able to kill. But they can also be killed. The only person who can kill the dark elf lord is the hero unless

The Shadow Magician
Abilitys:
Dark clone
Providing the shadow magician chooses to use it the dark clone ability allows them to create a doppelganger once during the game. If the shadow magician is attacked or lynched they wont be killed. However it’s a dead giveaway if the doppelganger is lynched and the shadow magician is still in action. It will fade away upon the death of the shadow magician.

Suffocation
The shadow magician can use his ability to use the shadows to make the illusion of closing walls. Upon this abilities use the target is deceived into believing that they are in an empty room that is becoming smaller and smaller. They will eventually give up breathing and die. This ability can be used as each night.

The silent assassin
Abilities:
You didn’t see it coming
This ability allows the silent assassin to use their stealth to penetrate the defences of townie roles with special defensive abilities providing they choose to use it. This attack can only be used twice providing the silent assassin thinks they have pin pointed someone they need to use this ability on. Otherwise its wasted.

Deadly winter
Abilities:
Frostling
This ability allows Deadly winter to attack twice in one night turn. Deadly winter creates an ice like being to impale the target. The frostling will leave no evidence behind of the culprit but the other attack will.

Boomgor
Abilities:
Me say you go boom!
This ability allows Boomgor to leave 2 hidden explosives under the house of their target. Upon Boomgor’s death or a time of their choice they will explode killing their target.

And demonic soldiers
Abilities:
Just basic spies with the ability to kill.

Pro townie roles:

King:
Abilities:
You shall do as I command for I am king
The king has it in his right to choose who should be lynched and who should not be. The king can cancel lynches or announce a double lynch although this can only happen once.
My castle is my protection, and this meat shield!
The king is allowed to employ 1 bodyguard.

Queen:
Abilities:
I disagree!
The queen has the right to cancel the kings command although this can only happen twice.
I double agree
The queen also has the ability to announce a double lynch but again this can only happen once.
That would ruin the picnic
Lynches will be cancelled so that the queen can enjoy a picnic with her servants.
Be a good servant and catch that arrow for me.
The queen is also allowed to emply 1 body guard.

Captain Commander head of knights:
Abilities:
Can’t kill me! I expected it.
The captain commander can avoid being killed aslong as he tells the GM that they think someone will kill them that night. This is only allowed once.

Hero:
Abilities:
With faith
This allows the hero to be once resurrected after being killed. Unfortunatly this means that they could be mistaken for the shadow magician either are lynched.
Hero of legend
This allows the hero to cancel an ability of the demon spawn for 1 night turn. But they must choose wisely otherwise they may end up cancelling the ability of a pro townie.

Kind Guardian:
Abilities:
I will protect you:
This ability allows the kind guardian to protect someone from being attacked during night turns.

Squealer:
Abilities:
ITS YOU! I’m out of here!
Attacking the Squealer is a big mistake. When the squealer is attacked the attackers identity is given away and they will be caught. This ability will only be available while the captain commander is alive and the squealer submit’s the use of this ability before hand. They must PQ the GM to give them the name of the player that they think will attack them.

Blacksmith:
Abilities:
Its dangerous to go alone. Take this!
This ability allows the blacksmith to transform 2 townies of his choosing into heroes. By giving them weapons and armour they have become the unlikely heroes of townstoria

Townies
Abilities:
Armed defenders
Unlikely hero
Only if the blacksmith chooses to arm two townies this can be used. Otherwise the townies are just there for lynch voting. This ability allows the townies to pick up arms and defend their town. Upon gaining weapons they have the ability to kill just like every other killing class.

Narration:

It was a dark night in Townstoria. The moon disappeared behind the clouds. Random was in his home preparing to get into bed. It had been tiresome and the day was long. He had yet another long one ahead of him tomorrow. His head hit the pillow. He dreamed of being king. He would announce double lynches and he would be the glorious leader of the town. His rein would be an awesome one.
A noise caused him to awaken. He could feel an unwanted presence in the house. He looked around. Noone was there. He noticed an orange glare coming from the window. As if it was reflecting something. Or someone. He double checked his house. Noone seemed to be there. He went back to bed. His head hit the pillow and he started to drift off again when all of a sudden he was gripped by the jaw and his throat was sliced. The figure had a green glare in its eyes. The last words Random heard were “Read my tapestry”

Randomdudeperson the townie is dead

Sorry if its not right or uninteresting.

Also since PP requested a horror themed narration

Random had been out late at the local tavern. Jninja's loot and hootch had a few new faces tonight. He thought to himself and decided to head home. His house was across town. It was a long walk. He made it through the streets to his home. He entered the front guarden. Something was amiss. The door was open. “I could have sworn i locked that.” he said to himself. He entered through the door. It was dark. There was only a small spot of moonlight in the hallway. It came from the landing through a window at the top of the stairs. He walked through the house. He could sense something behind him. It was almost breathing on his neck. He could feel its presence. He turned around swiftly to check.

Noone was there. Instead the basement door lay open and a gust of wind blew up from the cellar. Noone had been down there for a long time. There was a lock that the previous tenant had placed on the door, it was no longer there. He entered the cellar. There was a smell of mold and some squeaking rats. He paid them no attention. He lit the torches of the cellar. There was a book laying on the floor. He picked it up. He read the first page.When the red and grey meet the mind will become your home. It was a short unfinished book. Only a few pages long. Clearly it had been dropped by the author. He couldnt find anything else in the cellar. Random left for bed. He made sure to lock everything after him. Entering the bathroom he washed his face. He looked up to see the grim face of a hooded man staring at him in the mirror, it had a half grin and glowing green eyes He turned around but could see noone. Upon going back to bed Random got ready to drift off to sleep when he heard a voice wisper in his ear. “The hour glass runs low. Oblivion awaits.”
Nothing happened… Yet.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:40AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Well since PP is the only one to agree to my requirement he is in the lead for my vote.

same at 1:41AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
You still want that drawin TFGM?
Kroatz at 2:04AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Of course I'll use all your titles TFGM!
It will look so good:
And then I saw it, Hark, the creepy cat lady, was shot by TheFlyingGreenMonkey the everlasting pardoner, bringer of bloodbaths, the Imperialist of Townston, first one to receive three titles, record holder of titles and the wearer of the green hat!

- Albert Einstein
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:20AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
same
You still want that drawin TFGM?
I did give you that IOU.

Kroatz at 2:40AM, April 26, 2010
(online)

Mafia NOIR

Townstreet, April 26th 1945. Midnight.

The war is almost over, halfway across the world my old friends and neighbors are dying for a war that must be over soon. And here in my darling Townstreet it's raining cats and dogs. The only people still left in this part of the world are the crazies, the nutjobs, the criminals and me.
As I'm walking home through the pooring rain I stop at a place called the spaceport. Nasty place, all the small timers get together here. Back when alcohol was a crime people used to come here to drink, the police knows better than to bust in here. Now that booze is legal again this place has been seeing some stronger stuff, the people in there seem to believe they're walking on the moon. Floating through space.

Idiots.

I have business here, the owner, a man addicted to mexican food, still owes me money. Upon entering I see an old friend of mine sitting in the corner, boozed out of his mind again. The drunk bastard never did learn to drink moderately. I've given up on him years ago, most people in here are beyond saving.
Suddenly behind me someone gets up, shouting at the toast on her plate. As she grabs her knife and starts slashing the air around her I see Salsa, the owner of this establishment, walking up to the delirious drunk behind me. Salsa was an airplane pilot in world war I, used to work for the english, flew a Camel Scout. Damn nice plane. Salsa had some problems after the war but appeared to have been a good American citizen since then.
As she stabs her bread one last time Niccea looks up at Salsa. ‘You!’ she shouts. ‘I’ve been looking for you!' comes out of her mouth as she grabs hold of the knife once more, screaming at Salsa as she brings up the knife.

I try to stop her, I really do. Salsa still owes me money.

In one fluent motion Niccea slashes Salsa's left eye out of his head. As I jump up and try to tackle Niccea to the ground Salsa starts laughing. ‘Ninja’ starts laughing with him, oblivious of what is happening around him. With a sudden *BANG* Niccea drops to the ground. Salsa standing up tall, a smoking gun in his left hand, the remains of his eye in the right.

Fuck. I'm getting slow.

Niccea is dead

As Salsa is coming back from his war flashbacks another gun goes off. The bottle of rum the drunk in the corner was holding explodes in mid-air. Without even trying the man fulfilled his task of protecting Salsa. And I've never seen him angrier.
Sadly I'm already used to these sights, people seem to be dying around me on a daily basis nowadays. Drops of blood run fown my face, I'm sure they'll stain my new shirt.

Suddenly I realize there's still someone shooting in here, I grab my own gun, a beautiful relic from the civil war, and aim at the door. A man, wearing a red shirt, greek looking, rather big head was laughing at me as he walks away. Leaving a smoking gun behind.

God I hate this town.

Salsa, still crying on the ground, doesn't look like he's gonna be any help. I'll pick up my money later. I step back into the rain and head home, the nightsky clearing up slowly.

Rules:
During every night there are three fases:
- Dusk
- Midnight
- Dawn
When a night action is sent in you need to PQ me in which cycle the action(s) will take place.

Roles:
ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of persuasion: Can besides his own vote change one persons vote to another person of his choosing during every lynch.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. You need to pick one night fase to do so. Be careful who you choose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. This power can be used twice during a night, during two different cycles. When a player is watched he cannot die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker and the paramedic. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs. Bombs are only discovered if they are planted in a nightfase before or during the fases the paramedic protects.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt, it will not have any effect.

The Lesser Detective
The lesser detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him the second best investigator in the Town. The GM beinbg the best there is. The lesser Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the lesser Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the lesser detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the lesser detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The lesser detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer). There will be a clue pointing to the results of the Who dun it power.
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the lesser detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch). This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Godfather can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game. When the godfathers double lynch is in effect the two people that have the highest amount of votes will both be lynched. No one will be notified of the double lynch until the narration.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.
Seal of persuasion: Can besides his own vote change one persons vote to another person of his choosing during every lynch.

Mad Bomber
Each night, the Mad Bomber is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He has to pick a night fase to do so. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Bomber can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad Bomber be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad Bomber loses that bomb. That bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who the Mad Bomber might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Bomber as well. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb already planted, it will be discovered.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. you have to pick a night fase to do so. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.

- Albert Einstein
same at 2:42AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Duke nukem forever coming soon
Kroatz at 2:47AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
World peace, coming soon.

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 4:07AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
red five, coming soon
Oh, and I will be running, but I have school in an hour, I'll post my ideas after.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Niccea at 6:12AM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
I'm going to have to delete the embarrassing mafia names thread now. I'm so glad that everyone makes their own banner and give the game a name now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
same at 8:13AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Im saying no more and leaving the decision up to everyone either vote for me or vote for whoever you like. Good luck to the other candidates. Although id just like to run once just for the experience and the fact that i love writing.
Product Placement at 8:51AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
On second though. I'm not running. I prefer focusing on other things for now. I might do it for the next game. I'm planing on making a pretty gritty version of Townston where chaos rules.

…the perfect playground for the mafia.

(I also think that Same and Kroatz have fantastic concepts and prefer playing them instead. The only problem I have is choosing between them (I liked Same's idea more but I found Kroatz's narration to be better)).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
same at 9:05AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
So all i have to do is improve the narration?
Product Placement at 9:24AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Not necessarily. Your narration was fine. Your fantasy concept appeals to the nerd within me which is your strongest selling point. Kroatz just put so much work into his narration that it gave him a bonus.

If you do intend on redoing your narration, I wish to ask, can you do horror? Horror and Fantasy mixes so well together IMO.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 10:01AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
same
Im saying no more and leaving the decision up to everyone either vote for me or vote for whoever you like. Good luck to the other candidates. Although id just like to run once just for the experience and the fact that i love writing.

The same goes for me. I must admit I'd like to play the fantasy styled game too once.

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 10:35AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
I'm gonna see what jninjashadow brings up before making my ultimate decision.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 10:45AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
The cold war styled Mafia right Ninja?

- Albert Einstein
harkovast at 10:46AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
I am pretty sure I promised to vote for someone this time around, but I cant remember who.
Please message me if I owe you a vote!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
Kroatz at 10:47AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
harkovast
I am pretty sure I promised to vote for someone this time around, but I cant remember who.
Please message me if I owe you a vote!
Read a bit up the page, my first post in this thread.

- Albert Einstein
same at 11:18AM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Updated my “butt dribbles”, to quote Kroatz.

Or was it ass dribbles?
Product Placement at 12:46PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Few questions to Same:

Are the king and queens bodyguard assigned to them or do they get to choose who their bodyguards are. If they get to choose, what will happen if they pick pro-town with a role/criminal.

The queens abilities are confusing. Does she really have the ability to cancel two lynches, one double lynch and then declare a lynch free day on top of that all? If so, she has the ability to cancel lynches for 4 whole days (provided that one of those days is a double lynch).

How does the Dark Clone ability work? Is it merely a second life? If so, how is it possible to kill the Shadow magician before offing the doppelganger?

I also just noticed the Oblivion role. There's an evil role that can cancel two lynches, killing a pro-townie in the progress? That's a bit extreme, I must say. I would only allow this once. I might also get rid of this role altogether and grant the Dark Elf lord this power. I'm counting at least 7 bad guys which is a pretty high number for the town to deal with.

P.S. Nice narration.

Few questions to Kroatz:

Can you explain the Dusk/Midnight/Dawn system a bit better. I'm assuming that actions performed during the dusk section happen before actions performed during the midnight section. What's preventing everyone from picking the Dusk section then? Also, if conflicting actions are placed during the same time period (example: Mobster places a hit on someone and the vigilante places a hit on that same mobster), how would you rule it? First come first serve, or would you randomize?

I understand that the paramedic is now unable to fully protect his target, now that he can only cover 2 out of every 3 night cycles, thus giving the criminals a chance to land a hit during the time when he isn't protecting. Well, my question is this: Instead of protecting the same player during 2 different periods, could the paramedic choose to protect 2 separate players during the same period?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 12:48PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
same
Updated my “butt dribbles”, to quote Kroatz.

Or was it ass dribbles?

It was butt dribbles. But your story fits more into the category of nasal leakage.

- Albert Einstein
Kroatz at 12:57PM, April 26, 2010
(online)

Few questions to Kroatz:

Can you explain the Dusk/Midnight/Dawn system a bit better. I'm assuming that actions performed during the dusk section happen before actions performed during the midnight section. What's preventing everyone from picking the Dusk section then?
Nothing, if everyone picks the dusk fase then it would be just a regular night.

Also, if conflicting actions are placed during the same time period (example: Mobster places a hit on someone and the vigilante places a hit on that same mobster), how would you rule it? First come first serve, or would you randomize?
When actions are placed in the same fase it will be just like the regular night actions. When a hit is placed on the same person in multiple night cycles then the later hits will be useless, since the person is dead already. If hits are placed in multiple fases it will be Dusk first - Midnight second - Dawn last.

I understand that the paramedic is now unable to fully protect his target, now that he can only cover 2 out of every 3 night cycles, thus giving the criminals a chance to land a hit during the time when he isn't protecting. Well, my question is this: Instead of protecting the same player during 2 different periods, could the paramedic choose to protect 2 separate players during the same period?
Hmmm. Two people protected during the same fase sounds good, I'll allow it. The whole fase Idea was meant as a way to make the protecting more interesting, this way ot would be even more interesting.

- Albert Einstein

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon