MAFIA... and other forum games

MAFIA XXVII GM ELECTIONS
Product Placement at 1:14PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I understand that the paramedic is now unable to fully protect his target, now that he can only cover 2 out of every 3 night cycles, thus giving the criminals a chance to land a hit during the time when he isn't protecting. Well, my question is this: Instead of protecting the same player during 2 different periods, could the paramedic choose to protect 2 separate players during the same period?
Hmmm. Two people protected during the same fase sounds good, I'll allow it. The whole fase Idea was meant as a way to make the protecting more interesting, this way ot would be even more interesting.
Cool. It would make the paramedics more productive at the expense of being less efficient. Also, it would give the mafia a reason to consider the alternative night phases. I can't imagine a reason why the vigilante would ever want to pick a different period then the dusk phase (since it's in his interest to kill the mafia members before they land their hits on the villagers) but I also notice that it's in the interest of the mad hatter to place his bomb during the dawn phase, in order to minimize the chance of having his bomb being discovered.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 1:33PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Yup.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
same at 1:51PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Few questions to Same:

Are the king and queens bodyguard assigned to them or do they get to choose who their bodyguards are. If they get to choose, what will happen if they pick pro-town with a role/criminal.

The queens abilities are confusing. Does she really have the ability to cancel two lynches, one double lynch and then declare a lynch free day on top of that all? If so, she has the ability to cancel lynches for 4 whole days (provided that one of those days is a double lynch).

How does the Dark Clone ability work? Is it merely a second life? If so, how is it possible to kill the Shadow magician before offing the doppelganger?

I also just noticed the Oblivion role. There's an evil role that can cancel two lynches, killing a pro-townie in the progress? That's a bit extreme, I must say. I would only allow this once. I might also get rid of this role altogether and grant the Dark Elf lord this power. I'm counting at least 7 bad guys which is a pretty high number for the town to deal with.

P.S. Nice narration.

A.The body guards will be chosen for them.

B.Ah. Sorry. Let me change that. I meant to just basically split the mayor into 2 different roles. Although neither are elected.

C.Yes the shadow clone is basically a second life.

D. Yeah. I guess. Although i really liked oblivion… Ah well. Oblivion shall be added to the dark elf lord.

E. Thanks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 1:54PM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
I want someone who writes BIG narrations.

And I mean BIG

And someone who will give me crap.

It's called build your own GM.

And do NOT reveal my role during the game.

Other than that the more blood the better and that's it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
same at 1:58PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Ill give you some crap.

Thats a truck full.

Now stop asking for bribes. Vote for whichever you like and stop soiling the mattress of tradition with your wet dreams of bribery.
Kroatz at 2:00PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
same
Now stop asking for bribes. Vote for whichever you like and stop soiling the mattress of tradition with your wet dreams of bribery.

Hmmm… Penis Ooze. Yummie.

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 2:17PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Mafia XXVII “The Outbreak”

It has been three weeks since the gang war that tore Townston apart ended. For the first week, the town was in ruin. A select few malcontents were still running about, taking advantage of the towns ruin. Then they came. Parasol Inc, a pharmaceutical conglomerate that payed to repay the town and build a large lab just out of town in the near by forest. With the town properly funded, the police took back control and ended what remained of the civil unrest. Peace rained… if only for those precious two weeks.

Sample Narration:
Two men walked by the “Jninja's Loot N' Hooch”. Despite the refunding of the town, it still looked like a scrap heap with rock from the ‘80’s blasting out of it at a volume FAR too loud to be safe. The first man was unhealthily thin and his head was hung low. He was depressed. His idea was good, but confusion had ruined his vision. The other man patted him on the back. “Cheer up. It wasn't that bad…” The thin man's head still hung low. “Hey, maybe we could get us a drink, hmm? Would that cheer you up? I'll let you wear my hat.” The thin man bucked up a little. “Really?” the thin man asked. “Of course” the other said plopping the hat on his friend's head. The thin man straightened up like a stick and squealed like a little girl.
The other man smiled and opened the rusty door to the Loot n' hooch. As he did he was tackled by a grey blur. The raw force of the assailant flung the formally hatted man down the street. The blur was garbed in a sweater like some hoodlum or very cheap ninja. “Get offa me you drunk street punk!” Quickly the grey, sweater wearing man began clawing at the formally hatted man's gut. “OH GOD! MY SPLEAN IS NOT A PLAY THING!” The man cried. The thin man pulled out his shot gun and without thinking whacked the hooded man into an ally with a mighty crack. “BONK!”
The tin man pointed his gun down at his friend. “I'm sorry my friend. I don't wish to do this, after all, you lent me your hat. That's a sacred act indeed, but I must, before you turn.” His friend grew hysterical. “Wait!” the hat-less man cried, “I'm ok! Seriously!” He attempted to get up, but the hole in his abdomen wouldn't allow it. “S-see! Good to go! No need for that!”. The thin man shook his head. “No, I guess not. But on the other hand, if I don't shoot you, I won't be showing you God's love. And we can't have that.” The hat-less man began sobbing “DUDE! Zombies don't exist! He's just drunk! I let you wear my hat!” *BANG*

TFGM the everlasting pardoner, bringer of bloodbaths, the Imperialist of Townston, first one to receive three titles, record holder of titles and the wearer of the green hat, The septic townie was given God's love… via a shot to the head

The thin man quickly prayed and raised himself. Despite the loud music of Jninja's establishment, he could here a low growl. “Show yourself heathen!” the thin man said cocking his gun, “I have God's love for you!” As he looked about, the hat man saw a glint of light reflect of something round. A glass circle. He raised his gun a second to slow as the hooded man lunged at him screeching like a banshee. Just like it had to TFGM the assailant began clawing at the thin man's guts. “The power of Christ repels you!” The thin man said as he smashed the hooded man's head with a large bible. As the creature reared its head in pain, the thin man kick it of himself. He grabbed his gun. “Sorry bud, I thought I'd be buying a beer off you. Guess not. God bless.” *ka-blamo*

Jninjashadow the town drunk and the Hunter has been cleansed in God's name.

As jninja's corpse crumpled into a heap Random fell to his knees. The wound he got was pretty bad, but not as bad as it would get soon. He rested the barrel of his gun beneath his chin. “Shoulda stayed home tonight.” *Bang*

Random The Preist saved his own soul

Changes to the game:
So its the standard rules more or less. Back to hunting people, first to message gets the first shot etc. The theme is zombie comedy in the vein of such movies like Shaun of the Dead or Zombie Land. Being that this is themed after zombie movies however, I will be randomly assigning the townies ‘stereo types’ such as: the sceptic, the jumper, weak ankles and such the like.

Numbers:
1 officer
1 jogger
1 paranoid
1 priest
2 body guards
2 vigilantes
1 gunslinger
the rest townies

1 case 0
1 free bite

1 The man from Parasol

Roles:
Elected
Mayor: The town will turn to you to stop these monsters. Don't let them down.
Let's celebrate- Within one hour of your inauguration, you may insta-lynch one other player.
Seal of the Mayor- Your vote counts as two, because that's how power works.
PO'd town- Twice a game you can declare a double lynch to slate your town's blood lust
It's not safe out there!- Once per game, you can declare a state of emergency. No lynching for a day.
You two, stand right there- You get two body guards and their identities. While they live, your Zombie proofed.

Pardoner: monsters or no, you can still exercise your right to ruin peoples fun.
That's not particularly wise sir- Twice a game you may cancel a lynch. If it's a double lynch, you only save one.
You two, stand right there- You get two body guards but not their identities. While they live, your Zombie proofed.

Townies roles
Universal rule: RUN!- you have a 1/3 chance of escaping a zombie, and only a zombie. If you get away, the zombie leaves no clues.

Officer: This towns yours. No zombie can take that away from you… you hope.
Sir/ Ma'am you need to calm down!- Once per day you may select another player to be put under house arrest for the day. Their not any safer, but at least they won't frighten the populaces. They won't be able to vote/ preform a night action until the next day. A player may only be affected once tho.
Ello, ello, ello, woats all dis den?- You wouldn't believe what you'd learn about someone if you just stalked them. Once per day you may investigate another player. You will learn if they are pro or anti townie.
I smell rot!- Once per game, you may check the results of an election and see how many zombies voted. You won't get names on the ballots, just some rotted skin and the knowledge of who the dead voted for.

The Jogger: their in every zombie movie. Sometimes they make it, others they're fast food.
ARRIBA!: If attacked by a zombie, your odds of escape becomes 50%. If you succeed, the zombie drops almost no clues.

Paranoid: You've seen this movie! You know what happens to the unprepared! No one's catching you flat footed!
OH NO YOU DON'T- You kill the first visitor you get in the night. Friend or foe, they're biting dust!

Body guards: You were pick to protect te mayor from the mob. With no mob, you'll have to settle for zombies. Lucky you.
FOR THE TOWN- While you live, the mayor and pardoner cannot be targeted.

The priest: PRAISE THE LORD now pass the ammunition!
God's love- You may choose to watch over someone at night. You have a 50% chance of killing their attacker. If they become infected, you save their soul… by killing them.
Death before taint- if you get bit, you turn the gun on yourself. You kill yourself instead of being infected.

Vigilantes: Underpants! On the outside!
Justice- You go out and kill at night, in the name of the greater good. Beware, one wrong attack and things can go wrong fast.
It's self defense- He started it! You have a 1/6 chance of killing your own attacker.

Gunslinger: Self defense. In belt held form.
It's self defense- He started it! You have a 1/3 chance of killing your own attacker.

Townies: Live, lynch repeat. That's all you do. Try not to get bit.

Mental states: Note, their may be multiples of the same state.
The sceptic: “There's no such thing as zombies!” You doubt their existence, thus if you are attacked by a zombie, you don't run. Sucks to be you.

Weak ankles: “Run. Run. Ru-woah!” You are the main stay of zombie movies. You run, you break something, you get eaten. Your odds of escape are less.

The Jumper: “It's ok… it's ok… it's AAAAHHHH!” You are jumpy as all hell. Any repeat killers can't target you as the second kill.

Trigger happy: “BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!” You get a bonus to your attempt at self defence.

Zombies
Universal rules: I don't feel well- The day after you are infected, you can't vote. You feel to “Sick”.
Brains- You don't kill, you infect. Your victims join the team. You may bite one person a night.

Case 0: You are the first successful carrier. Are you a helpless victim of nature, or Parasol's play thing. It doesn't matter. All that does, is the hoard.
Free bite- Before the game starts, you select one other player of your choice to be your other zombie. In the elections, that zombie may vote, he's not feeling sick anymore.
Perfect disease- your virus is perfect. You remain in disguise if you don't attack and thus appear as a townie.
Hive mind- while you live, your “children” benefit from your leadership. The zombies may vote, so long as you are alive.

Zombies: Brains! Mrrrrn. Grr. Brains. You go out at night and feed. Nuff said.

Special zombies: Randomly, the virus will mutate its host beyond normal. What comes out, only the new zombie and it's team will know. Perhaps multiple attacks, perhaps more night lives. Only one way to find out.

Serial killers
The man from Parasol: The town is infected. The only solution, is quarantine, via lead.
Silenced- You may kill once per night.
Quarantine- unlike some unruly killer, you have authority. Select an other player, and for one whole day and night, they can't vote or preform night actions.

That's everything.
I plan to stop accepting actions at 12 am GMT and I will preform the narrations at 1 am GMT.

Oh, and We start it at night 1.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:18PM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
Same's bribe was strangely satisfying.

I only ask for bribes jokingly. But I do like stuff.

And right now I know who I want to vote for.
same at 2:37PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
We all know who youre gonna vote for. Kroatz. Because he put alot of effort into his mafia display. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!

*Glares at Random*

Product Placement at 2:58PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
Zombie Apocalypse
Huh. Ninja suggested a zombie apocalypse.

Wait… did he just suggest a zombie apocalypse?

HOLY CRAP YOU GUYS! NINJA'S SUGGESTING A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!!!

Ok. Now I'm reeaaaly conflicted about which person I want to vote for.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 3:06PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Seeing as I can't bribe for shit in on these here interwebs, I will say this; vote for me if you like my idea, if you don't, then don't. If it's legitimately seems like a bad idea to you, then you shouldn't vote for it.
Also I will be including illustrations with the narrations. Just an FYI.
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:30PM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
you just may have my vote mr ninja.

zombies equals fun.

If you win and I'm the man from the parasol…1337 can think of fun things to do…

All three are good though.
maru at 7:41PM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
I'm going to vote for the zombies!
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Zeph at 8:30PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Just because I want to bash some zombies. I'm voting for Ninja
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Product Placement at 9:19PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
maru
I'm going to vote for the zombies!
Aaaww… Look. It's happy!

jninjashadow
Special zombies: Randomly, the virus will mutate its host beyond normal. What comes out, only the new zombie and it's team will know. Perhaps multiple attacks, perhaps more night lives. Only one way to find out.
Include these two possibilities into your randomizing list and you got yourself a vote.

Fast Zombie
This sucker runs. He catches everyone by surprise, ignoring the self defense ability or chances of escape. Nobody is safe once this zombie lies his eyes on him.

Thriller Zombie
The nights are going to be interesting with this guy around. Every night, the Thriller zombie can activate a choreographed dance routine in which all zombies HAVE to participate in. Should the Thriller zombie choose to active his power for the night, all zombies become tougher, making them harder to kill (gains a temporary extra life for the duration of the night). The drawback is that they become so preoccupied at performing these complex moves that they might forget what they were gonna do (50% failure rate for all zombie related actions).
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 9:23PM, April 26, 2010
(offline)
Hey random! When are votes starting?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Anthony Mercer at 11:40PM, April 26, 2010
(online)
Kroatz

Kroatz
Wow, I'm never going to get tired of quoting that! XD

Kroatz
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Randomdudeperson at 12:54AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
same
We all know who youre gonna vote for. Kroatz. Because he put alot of effort into his mafia display. UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!

*Glares at Random*

Excuse me? I put a LOT of work into my game!

Niccea
Hey random! When are votes starting?

My first post, I said I'm now taking votes. Noone has voted yet. :/
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
same at 1:18AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
I don't mean that. Just comparing it to the beginning of this thread.
Also TFGM you dont have to vote for me but you're still getting that drawing.
Kroatz at 2:44AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
Everyone that participates votes for himself.
So you already have votes from:
Same
Kroatz
jNinjashadow
(Maru probably)
(Zeph probably)
(Harkovast probably)

You should set a date when voting is closed. And I don't think you put little effort into your game, it was just hard for us to grasp the random chance of a D20.

- Albert Einstein
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:35AM, April 27, 2010
(offline)
lots of odds in ninja's game though. how are these gonna be done

jninja: “The priest: PRAISE THE LORD now pass the ammunition!”

Did not see that before. YES. Serj!!!
Kroatz at 3:47AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
I like zombies, we all do, but there's one thingamajig that I don't really like:
Chance.

Someone
Universal rule: RUN!- you have a 1/3 chance of escaping a zombie, and only a zombie. If you get away, the zombie leaves no clues.

There's still an element of chance that people escape, people kill their attacker and blah… I'd like a game without an element of chance in it.

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 3:47AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Fast Zombie
This sucker runs. He catches everyone by surprise, ignoring the self defense ability or chances of escape. Nobody is safe once this zombie lies his eyes on him.

Thriller Zombie
The nights are going to be interesting with this guy around. Every night, the Thriller zombie can activate a choreographed dance routine in which all zombies HAVE to participate in. Should the Thriller zombie choose to active his power for the night, all zombies become tougher, making them harder to kill (gains a temporary extra life for the duration of the night). The drawback is that they become so preoccupied at performing these complex moves that they might forget what they were gonna do (50% failure rate for all zombie related actions).

F*ck yes.

lots of odds in ninja's game though. how are these gonna be done
With a humble d6 (if you look all the odds I have given are those of rolling a die)

jninja: “The priest: PRAISE THE LORD now pass the ammunition!”
Did not see that before. YES. Serj!!!
Although that is a Serj Tenkian song, it is also a quote from WWII wherein a priest on a U-Boat gave a sermon before mounting the gun. I really do love that story.

Zeph at 8:08AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
Foolish fools, you should roll Zeph's new and improved, D2~!

“Uh… thats a penny.”
SHUT UP AND PICK A SIDE!
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
jninjashadow at 8:49AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
Zeph
Foolish fools, you should roll Zeph's new and improved, D2~!

“Uh… thats a penny.”
SHUT UP AND PICK A SIDE!

same at 9:04AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
Chosen.
Kroatz at 10:17AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
A D2 is actually a pretty good Idea! all those nerdy DnD players will fall for it!

- Albert Einstein
same at 10:39AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
I really want to get the DnD board game but nowhere here has it. :(
Kroatz at 10:42AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
You don't need a board for DnD.
you can just draw your own maps.
Or buy stuff onlne.

- Albert Einstein
same at 10:49AM, April 27, 2010
(online)
Ooooh! I could use warhammer models.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon