MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXVIII GM elections
jninjashadow at 4:46AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
God bless ctrl+c ctrl+v, eh?
Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
jninjashadow at 4:46AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
People's narrations:
Kroatz's
Townstreet, April 26th 1945. Midnight.

The war is almost over, halfway across the world my old friends and neighbors are dying for a war that must be over soon. And here in my darling Townstreet it's raining cats and dogs. The only people still left in this part of the world are the crazies, the nutjobs, the criminals and me.
As I'm walking home through the pooring rain I stop at a place called the spaceport. Nasty place, all the small timers get together here. Back when alcohol was a crime people used to come here to drink, the police knows better than to bust in here. Now that booze is legal again this place has been seeing some stronger stuff, the people in there seem to believe they're walking on the moon. Floating through space.

Idiots.

I have business here, the owner, a man addicted to mexican food, still owes me money. Upon entering I see an old friend of mine sitting in the corner, boozed out of his mind again. The drunk bastard never did learn to drink moderately. I've given up on him years ago, most people in here are beyond saving.
Suddenly behind me someone gets up, shouting at the toast on her plate. As she grabs her knife and starts slashing the air around her I see Salsa, the owner of this establishment, walking up to the delirious drunk behind me. Salsa was an airplane pilot in world war I, used to work for the english, flew a Camel Scout. Damn nice plane. Salsa had some problems after the war but appeared to have been a good American citizen since then.
As she stabs her bread one last time Niccea looks up at Salsa. ‘You!’ she shouts. ‘I’ve been looking for you!' comes out of her mouth as she grabs hold of the knife once more, screaming at Salsa as she brings up the knife.

I try to stop her, I really do. Salsa still owes me money.

In one fluent motion Niccea slashes Salsa's left eye out of his head. As I jump up and try to tackle Niccea to the ground Salsa starts laughing. ‘Ninja’ starts laughing with him, oblivious of what is happening around him. With a sudden *BANG* Niccea drops to the ground. Salsa standing up tall, a smoking gun in his left hand, the remains of his eye in the right.

Fuck. I'm getting slow.

Niccea is dead

As Salsa is coming back from his war flashbacks another gun goes off. The bottle of rum the drunk in the corner was holding explodes in mid-air. Without even trying the man fulfilled his task of protecting Salsa. And I've never seen him angrier.
Sadly I'm already used to these sights, people seem to be dying around me on a daily basis nowadays. Drops of blood run fown my face, I'm sure they'll stain my new shirt.

Suddenly I realize there's still someone shooting in here, I grab my own gun, a beautiful relic from the civil war, and aim at the door. A man, wearing a red shirt, greek looking, rather big head was laughing at me as he walks away. Leaving a smoking gun behind.

God I hate this town.

Salsa, still crying on the ground, doesn't look like he's gonna be any help. I'll pick up my money later. I step back into the rain and head home, the nightsky clearing up slowly.

Zeph's
The rain came down hard upon the city's streets, diluting the newly spilt blood, black cloaked soldiers moved through the streets, silver armbands around their upper arm, “REVLIS” was written on it. One of the soldiers paused, and sniffed the air, his masked face turning to the source of smell. It was alcohol, the booze stench lingered in the air, the soldier looked down the alley, there he saw it. Ninja sitting against a dumpster, drinking himself stupid. His reputation as the town drunk did not go undeserved. He had been one of the few survivors of the zombie infection of a few months before. Drunken and broken he squeezed himself between the tin of dumpster and bags of trash. REVLIS' mission had been to eradicate the survivors of the infection. The soldier looked at the drunken man, raising his rifle, the last thing Ninja saw was bright green eyes, looking down the sights of the gun. He pulled the trigger, and everything went black.

Jninjashadow lays motionless as the rain washes away his blood

The soldier backed away from the man, returning to the rest of the troops, a cross earring dangling from his left ear. They continued to mow down the survivors. Grenades went off, blowing out windows, people panicked in the streets before they were gunned down by these cloaked men. The former town hall was burned to the ground, soldiers riddling the former mayor and pardoner with bullets. Their body guards useless to save them against the onslaught.
Former Mayor, and Pardoner's corpses decorate the now burning town hall
The eradication of Townston had begun. The soldier made quick work of anyone who got in their way. However the townies began to fight back, several soldiers were taken by surprise and slaughtered, the others got wise, and began to only attack at night, pretending to be townies by day. Biding their time to wipe out the townies and fulfill their mission.

Maru's:
The wind blew through the village silently. It was quiet. Peaceful. One guard stood on a bridge. He was watching over his master, or he was supposed to be. The man looked over the village, its grand form reflected of his eyes like glass. He took another generous drink and sighed. Jninja was not in high spirits. He had lost the election as he usually did. Now he had to deal with the insult of being a guard. As he took another swig, he heard the sound of someone running. He drew his blade and ran to investigate.
The sound was drawing Jninja from the village into the forest. He was now deep into the trees when it occurred to him that this could easily be a trap. He was correct. He felt a sting in his neck, and he pulled a dart out. The second he laid eyes on it, he fell to his knees. He felt violently ill. He felt like his insides were burning. He felt like he was going to die. Jninja looked to see if he could find his assailant. He saw someone approach him. The person wore black robes, but they had a brighter color beneath them. The moon cast just enough light to see one of the person's large eyes. As they approached, the assassin seemed remorseful. “Oh. You should have died by now. Please, do not fight the poison, it will only make the pain worse. You will die ether way.” Jninja did no such thing. He had willingly injested worse poison than this. He stubbornly gazed up and tried to stand, but he could not support himself. The assassin drew a small blade. “I suppose you can not predict people can you?” the assassin said as they gripped the blade tighter, “Shall I end you, or do you wish to say something first?” Jninja said nothing. The pain was getting worse. He coughed up blood. He grudgingly nodded. If he was going to die, he would at least do it with some dignity. “Do… it…” he spat. The assassin nodded.
Jninjashadow the Town Drunk honor guard is dead

TFGM's
therealtj run down the village street. His heart beat was as loud as his foot steps ringing off the stone paved street. He was being chased by someone. He didn't know who and he didn't care. His only focus was to get back to his nation's camp. He'd be safe there. The town had been in nuetral tertiory and he thought the other side would keep it that way. “Blood and Ashes!” tj cursed as he rounded a corner and bumped into a figure wrapped in a cloak. “Sorry about that,” tj said not bothering to slow down to get a closer look at the figure. Tj heard, “No your not and neither am I,” along with the sound of a dagger being unsheathed. Tj turned around just in time to see the flash of steel come swinging down. By instinct he reached out and grabbed his attackers arm. Tj made for his own dagger when he felt a blade plunge into his stomach. “You can never have too many daggers,” the figure said with a voice that put a chill in the night's air. Tj peered into the hood of the figure and shivered at the inhuman face inside. “I don't want to leave this half finished,” the figure said with a smirk as he plunged his dagger into tj's heart. Tj gave a flinch and then sagged in his killer's grip. “Lets put some fear into these fools hearts,” he said as he jammed a dagger in tj's left eye. The killer let tj's lifeless body drop onto the ground and walked into a building's shadow. The figure seemed to merge with the shadow as if it was welcoming a friend and then the figure was gone.

therealtj the Andoran Soldier is dead.

Mettaur's

Two people were walking through the streets while chatting…well, walking may not be the best word. More like stumbling around in a stupor while singing songs drunkenly.
“Wash, wash that thing you was supposed to say when I got all teh boosh?”
“Uh…I thinks it was ‘rebos ecobro’?”
Suddenly, the shorter of the two straightened up, and notched his hat firmly over his face. (Priest is no longer drunk) “Huh, almost had it slip off, that wouldn't have been good. So, what were we talking about?” The drunkard seemed to stop and think,“Hm, oh yea, I remember now! YOU SOB! STAY AWAY FROM MY BOOZE!” The short ones eyes seemed to glow with anger, as he fumed,“What about that time you drank half of our inventory, huh? I forgave ya then, didn't I? And you even ate all the salted peanuts to go with it!”
The drunken one said quietly,“I was still dealing with my loss, remember?”
And then it seemed the short one shared a sadaness with his inebriated friend,“Yeah, shouldn't let a dog out without a leash, or Gullas will return him to ya later with some spices…but what about the time you almost ate my cat?”
“If yo don't want that to happen, stop bathing him in that lemon stuff when I drink!”
“Lemon stuff? You mean the flea bath?”
“Ifsh youse compares it to cigars and Booze-ounds, that stuff smells delicioush!”

After hearing all this, the minion jumped down from the roof-top, onto the pavement below. Meaning to crack the pavement dramatically infront of them, he instead flipped to many a time in the air, then fell flat on his face. He quickly straightened up, and proclaimed “I am the almighty overlord! Bow down to me!”
The two looked at each other, then back to the Minion, then started to laugh hysterically.
The demon was furiously, as the Priest said “Overlord? Really? Shouldn't you be, ya know…scary then? Or at least boss of something?”
“I am a boss of something! Pitchforks! Well, only a certain type, and then only the ones located in Ohio…but it does matter not! You will perish!” As the deamon lifted his weapon, the priest lifted his hands and from them zapped a light, which turned the attackers weapon into a standard pitchfork. The minion shrieked,“I cannnot slaughter with such a thing! It will take me at least 6 months to repaint it! Look, I'll be back later, okay?”

And as the demon ran off, JNinjashadow looked back to his protector for teh night, and asked“Ish that from teh booze, or am I just gettin all crazy again?” The small one said,“Nah, nothin to worry bout.”
JNinjaShadow the Town drunk was saved from a unholy end!
Product Placement at 9:06AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Zeph
Am I allowed to force PP to GM? It was his idea really for the fastfood thing. -looks at PP-
Mafia XXVIII - The rise of the hamburglar!

Heh… Wasn't really meant to be a fast food themed game. Just an idea for an alias that the mafia team could form.

The older mafia games had teams with silly names so it was a funny suggestion.

Edit: Hey Zeph, where did your post go?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Zeph at 9:26AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
It magically deleted itself! Okay, I more deleted it. I had a thought for fastfood warfare. But I'm having trouble piecing my idea together… -_-
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Kroatz at 9:36AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Mafia NOIR anyone?
For now I'll use the previous time's narration, I'll write a new one soon!

Mafia NOIR

Townstreet, April 26th 1945. Midnight.

The war is almost over, halfway across the world my old friends and neighbors are dying for a war that must be over soon. And here in my darling Townstreet it's raining cats and dogs. The only people still left in this part of the world are the crazies, the nutjobs, the criminals and me.
As I'm walking home through the pooring rain I stop at a place called the spaceport. Nasty place, all the small timers get together here. Back when alcohol was a crime people used to come here to drink, the police knows better than to bust in here. Now that booze is legal again this place has been seeing some stronger stuff, the people in there seem to believe they're walking on the moon. Floating through space.

Idiots.

I have business here, the owner, a man addicted to mexican food, still owes me money. Upon entering I see an old friend of mine sitting in the corner, boozed out of his mind again. The drunk bastard never did learn to drink moderately. I've given up on him years ago, most people in here are beyond saving.
Suddenly behind me someone gets up, shouting at the toast on her plate. As she grabs her knife and starts slashing the air around her I see Salsa, the owner of this establishment, walking up to the delirious drunk behind me. Salsa was an airplane pilot in world war I, used to work for the english, flew a Camel Scout. Damn nice plane. Salsa had some problems after the war but appeared to have been a good American citizen since then.
As she stabs her bread one last time Niccea looks up at Salsa. ‘You!’ she shouts. ‘I’ve been looking for you!' comes out of her mouth as she grabs hold of the knife once more, screaming at Salsa as she brings up the knife.

I try to stop her, I really do. Salsa still owes me money.

In one fluent motion Niccea slashes Salsa's left eye out of his head. As I jump up and try to tackle Niccea to the ground Salsa starts laughing. ‘Ninja’ starts laughing with him, oblivious of what is happening around him. With a sudden *BANG* Niccea drops to the ground. Salsa standing up tall, a smoking gun in his left hand, the remains of his eye in the right.

Fuck. I'm getting slow.

Niccea is dead

As Salsa is coming back from his war flashbacks another gun goes off. The bottle of rum the drunk in the corner was holding explodes in mid-air. Without even trying the man fulfilled his task of protecting Salsa. And I've never seen him angrier.
Sadly I'm already used to these sights, people seem to be dying around me on a daily basis nowadays. Drops of blood run fown my face, I'm sure they'll stain my new shirt.

Suddenly I realize there's still someone shooting in here, I grab my own gun, a beautiful relic from the civil war, and aim at the door. A man, wearing a red shirt, greek looking, rather big head was laughing at me as he walks away. Leaving a smoking gun behind.

God I hate this town.

Salsa, still crying on the ground, doesn't look like he's gonna be any help. I'll pick up my money later. I step back into the rain and head home, the nightsky clearing up slowly.

Rules:
During every night there are three phases:
- Dusk
- Midnight
- Dawn
When a night action is sent in you need to PQ me in which phase the action(s) will take place.

Roles:
ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of persuasion: Can besides his own vote change one persons vote to another person of his choosing during every lynch.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. You need to pick one night phase to do so. Be careful who you choose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. This power can be used twice during a night, during two different cycles. When a player is watched he cannot die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker and the paramedic. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs. Bombs are only discovered if they are planted in a nightphase before or during the phases the paramedic protects.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt, it will not have any effect.

The Lesser Detective
The lesser detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him the second best investigator in the Town. The GM beinbg the best there is. The lesser Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the lesser Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the lesser detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the lesser detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The lesser detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer). There will be a clue pointing to the results of the Who dun it power.
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the lesser detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch). This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Godfather can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game. When the godfathers double lynch is in effect the two people that have the highest amount of votes will both be lynched. No one will be notified of the double lynch until the narration.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.
Seal of persuasion: Can besides his own vote change one persons vote to another person of his choosing during every lynch.

Mad Bomber
Each night, the Mad Bomber is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He has to pick a night phase to do so. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Bomber can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad Bomber be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad Bomber loses that bomb. That bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who the Mad Bomber might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Bomber as well. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb already planted, it will be discovered.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. you have to pick a night phase to do so. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
same at 10:25AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Pulled out. Lol… But seriously

I have a better idea.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Zeph at 10:35AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Well damn, looks like my ideas failing before it even starts.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
same at 11:00AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Ah hell. Its a popularity contest with me anyway. And like most people I only read the title. Voting for Kroatz.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Hakoshen at 11:56AM, May 11, 2010
(offline)
I'm all for that fastfood themed game. I could have a set of rules set up by tonight, but I know for certain I'm not going to host it or even try. Seems for now though, the next game is going to be Kroatz's.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
Product Placement at 11:59AM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Well it's no contest if no one else is going to run. I'm kinda planing on running again soon but I have other buttons to play with right now. Don't think I'll be doing a fast food themed game though. Want to play with the idea of creating a violent game.

I won't mind voting trying Kroatz's idea. It was a toss up between his game and the zombie theme during the last election anyways.

P.S. Remember to fix the Roman numeral in your title picture, Kroatz.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Mettaur at 1:27PM, May 11, 2010
(offline)
I run for GM! I'll have my stuff up soon, maybe later.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Zeph at 1:35PM, May 11, 2010
(online)

The rain came down hard upon the city's streets, diluting the newly spilt blood, black cloaked soldiers moved through the streets, silver armbands around their upper arm, “REVLIS” was written on it. One of the soldiers paused, and sniffed the air, his masked face turning to the source of smell. It was alcohol, the booze stench lingered in the air, the soldier looked down the alley, there he saw it. Ninja sitting against a dumpster, drinking himself stupid. His reputation as the town drunk did not go undeserved. He had been one of the few survivors of the zombie infection of a few months before. Drunken and broken he squeezed himself between the tin of dumpster and bags of trash. REVLIS' mission had been to eradicate the survivors of the infection. The soldier looked at the drunken man, raising his rifle, the last thing Ninja saw was bright green eyes, looking down the sights of the gun. He pulled the trigger, and everything went black.

Jninjashadow lays motionless as the rain washes away his blood

The soldier backed away from the man, returning to the rest of the troops, a cross earring dangling from his left ear. They continued to mow down the survivors. Grenades went off, blowing out windows, people panicked in the streets before they were gunned down by these cloaked men. The former town hall was burned to the ground, soldiers riddling the former mayor and pardoner with bullets. Their body guards useless to save them against the onslaught.
Former Mayor, and Pardoner's corpses decorate the now burning town hall
The eradication of Townston had begun. The soldier made quick work of anyone who got in their way. However the townies began to fight back, several soldiers were taken by surprise and slaughtered, the others got wise, and began to only attack at night, pretending to be townies by day. Biding their time to wipe out the townies and fulfill their mission.

Rules:
Operates like normal Mafia. Kill at Night, Lynch during the day. Townies want to kill off REVLIS soldiers. Obviously REVLIS wants to wipe out the town.

Roles:

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. You need to pick one night phase to do so. Be careful who you choose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt, it will not have any effect.

Guardsman
You're crazy to the extent that you sleep with a shotgun, and have two vicious rots with you at all times. You can protect one player per night, your pooches will make it difficult for the attacker to get at them.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.
Added Bonus:
-Hide and not get shot: A townie can barricade themselves in a building once ever other night, the first attack on them will fail, however if there is a second they will kill them.

ANTI TOWN!

REVLIS Soldier
REVLIS' win condition is the complete eradication of the town. Killing all opposition they claim to be containing the infection that plagued the town only months before. All REVLIS members can kill once per night. They cannot kill each other. Unlike the townies, all REVLIS soldiers know each other.

REVLIS President (Godfather)
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Godfather can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game. When the godfathers double lynch is in effect the two people that have the highest amount of votes will both be lynched. No one will be notified of the double lynch until the narration.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Hit man
You are the mafia hit man. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. you have to pick a night phase to do so. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.

Pretty much only a few names change, and a different story. I decided fast food isn't for me. If you read Plastic Bullets, you know I'm a very violent natured writer.

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Kroatz at 3:05PM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Well it's no contest if no one else is going to run. I'm kinda planing on running again soon but I have other buttons to play with right now. Don't think I'll be doing a fast food themed game though. Want to play with the idea of creating a violent game.

I won't mind voting trying Kroatz's idea. It was a toss up between his game and the zombie theme during the last election anyways.

P.S. Remember to fix the Roman numeral in your title picture, Kroatz.

Yeah, I'm gonna make an entirely new pic for this one. I just copied from the previous thread because I haven't changed the rules. (You did notice the fase/phase thing right?)

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 5:37PM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
(You did notice the fase/phase thing right?)
Actually no, because I didn't reread through the rules since I had read them before.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 5:39PM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Kroatz
(You did notice the fase/phase thing right?)
Actually no, because I didn't reread through the rules since I had read them before.
Well notice it damnit! :p

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 5:46PM, May 11, 2010
(online)
Well, I have now. :Þ
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Niccea at 6:50PM, May 11, 2010
(offline)
Ho hum. I still got to make it through finals. But Niccea the GM will be back with a vengeance during the summer!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Kroatz at 2:23AM, May 12, 2010
(online)
How could copy paste be hard? It's the exact same on EVERY computer! You don't even need a mouse, you don't even need a friggin' monitor!

Gah!

Oh and those aren't the basic roles, those are the back to the basic roles, which are altered. And include a man with a funny hat.

- Albert Einstein
maru at 5:46AM, May 12, 2010
(offline)
MAFIA XXVIII: Trials of Townston
ok so, this as an ancient Japanese theme. The story is as follows. In a valley to the West there sits a village. It has been watched over for centuries by the Shogun of the area. A wise leader, he kept his citizens in safety and peace. However, a rival shogun has chosen to attack, to disrupt the peace. And he has done so with the warriors of the shadow, the ninja. Now, it is up to the citizens to find the shadow clan before their dark desires come to fruition.
This is standard Mafia rules with a Japanese theme. I plan to make the narrations serious. The only thing I am changing is that I am adding a new system, Dueling. So, it works like this. Any one person may duel once, and only once per phase (day/ night). In a duel, the winner is picked by a coin toss (heads Challenger wins). Any one can declare a duel with anyone else. If challenged to a duel you may refuse, but it comes at a price. Your honor. To refuse a duel will strip you of your role (leaving you as vagabond/ initiate/ lesser demon) and the only way to restore your honor is to duel the one who challenged you (they may NOT refuse the second challenge).
Roles:
Townies
Elected: Shogun; The unquestioned leader of Townston Village. His word is law, and his power is unquestioned.
He is a threat!: The Shogun has declared an enemy to be made an example of. Within an hour of being elected, the Shogun may choose someone to be lynched. There is no ifs, ands, or buts, that person is dead. Beware tho, clueless killing may lead to suspicious towns folk.
Honor Guards: The Shogun has a pair of body guards he knows their identities and roles. While they live, he cannot be killed.
Let the rivers run red: Twice per game, the Shogun may declare a double lynch. People get to vote for any TWO candidates to be killed.
I know whats best: The shogun's vote counts as two.
Be silent peasant: You may refuse a duel without consequence.

Elected: Seer; The shogun's trusted adviser. His word is never taken lightly.
I see him a friend. Spare him; Twice a game, the seer may cancel a lynch. A double lynch counts as two tho, so you can only save one of them per pardon. You may NOT cancel the insta-lynch.
Honor Guard: Like the shogun, you are protected, but you are unsure of by whom.

Honor Guards (2); You are trusted with your masters life. It is his will that guides you. And his life that gives you purpose.
Protect the master!: You will be assigned after the mayors elected. While the you are alive, the officials cannot be targeted so assassins will be stopped unless they outnumber the guards, and bombs will be intercepted and defused (fail or not, the attempt will still leave a clue). You can not stop a duel/ lynch.

Wise man (1): You are wise beyond your years. It is your wisdom that lets you see more than what is physically there.
It was you, wasn't it?: Once per cycle you may ask the GM if one player was involved with a murder. You must ask in a yes or no fashion, and will get your answer in the same manner. OR you may ask the GM if someone is pro or anti townie. Same restrictions apply.
I sense the shadow's at play: Once a game, you may ask the GM who the mafia voted for after an election. You wont get the voters names, but you will know how many mafia voted for someone.

Medicine man (1): The beloved apothecary of the town. You are the healer.
House call: The medicine man may choose to stay with another player. That player may not be killed that night UNLESS the attackers outnumber the defenders. If there is any bombs on a player, you diffuse them and a clue about the bomber is revealed.

Swordsman (2): Take the law into your own hands. You will defend your town or die trying.
Law of the blade: Once per night, you may go out and kill another player. Beware to pick carefully, you leave a clue and you may kill a friendly (mixed with the clue, things can get ugly for you).

Rurouni (1): A travailing swordsman. You have fought every day of your life. No cowards will disrupt your long sought peace.
Scars from head to toe: You have had worse. The first NON-LYNCH attempt to kill you is negated. Duel included.
Sword master: The rurouni LIVES by his blade. If he fails the first coin flip of a duel, the coin is flipped again. (Canceled if dueling other sword master)

zatoichi: You are the blind swordsman. You strike with unnatural accuracy, it is a pity you do not know who you are striking.
Said the spider to the fly: You know how to deal with ninja's. The first man to come after you will find quite the surprise. You kill your first visitor (friend or foe) each night.
Sword master: You can strike with unparalleled skill despite being blind. If he fails the first coin flip of a duel, the coin is flipped again. (canceled if dueling other sword master)

Townie (Remaining): Lynch, Live, repeat. You are really just there to vote. Don't make enemies or you may not make it through the night.

Vagabond (Townie refused to duel): You have no honor. You are filth. Your vote counts as only a half (and I round down).

Ninja
Universal rules
Silent strikes: Once per night, you may kill one other player (not a fellow mafia)
Clan leader (1): A master and warrior of ill fame. You have the deaths of dozens to your name.
Deadly message: You may send another player a message. Pick one player and they receive an attempted assassination. They're skipping town. No voting in the following election, however, they also can't be killed. They're long gone for the cycle. This power cannot affect the same player twice, they get used to it.
Mind over matter: The Clan leader doesn't go out and kill. He doesn't need to. So long as he hasn't killed anyone the night previous he appears as a regular townie. If he is the last ninja tho, he this power is deactivated.
Espionage: You may, once per game, cancel a lynch.
More important matters: You may refuse a duel and suffer no consequences.
Sword master: You have been trained for years with the blade. If he fails the first coin flip of a duel, the coin is flipped again. (canceled if dueling other sword masters)

Assassin (2-3): You live in the shadows. You strike as them.
Sensia!: Like a body guard, so long as there are assassins, the Clan leader may not be killed outside of lynching/ duels.

The Timer (1): You have several bombs obtained from your master. Your slight hands make it easy to plant them.
Times ticking: Once per day you may ether distribute a bomb to someone or you may detonate one, killing someone and leaving a clue to your identity. You can only have two in circulation at one time.
Just as planned: When the timer dies, him and ALL his distributed bombs go off. Anyone with a bomb on them dies.

Initiate (ninja refuses duel): If you refused a duel, your brother's will lose respect for you. Your vote counts as half (and I round down) and worse, you always strike last at night.

Serial Killer
Kuchisake Onna (1): A daemon of horrifying might. It appears as a pretty girl who asks a simple question “Am I pretty?” answer yes, and it reveals its mouth as full of razor sharp fangs. It asks “HOW ABOUT NOW?” There is only one answer to give if you want to survive, “Yes”. But beware, lying makes her angrier, and she planned to kill you already.
HOW ABOUT NOW!?!: You walk the streets at night asking strangers your terrifying question. You may kill another player at night.
Demon logic: You may refuse a duel without consequences.

Sample narration:
The wind blew through the village silently. It was quiet. Peaceful. One guard stood on a bridge. He was watching over his master, or he was supposed to be. The man looked over the village, its grand form reflected of his eyes like glass. He took another generous drink and sighed. Jninja was not in high spirits. He had lost the election as he usually did. Now he had to deal with the insult of being a guard. As he took another swig, he heard the sound of someone running. He drew his blade and ran to investigate.
The sound was drawing Jninja from the village into the forest. He was now deep into the trees when it occurred to him that this could easily be a trap. He was correct. He felt a sting in his neck, and he pulled a dart out. The second he laid eyes on it, he fell to his knees. He felt violently ill. He felt like his insides were burning. He felt like he was going to die. Jninja looked to see if he could find his assailant. He saw someone approach him. The person wore black robes, but they had a brighter color beneath them. The moon cast just enough light to see one of the person's large eyes. As they approached, the assassin seemed remorseful. “Oh. You should have died by now. Please, do not fight the poison, it will only make the pain worse. You will die ether way.” Jninja did no such thing. He had willingly injested worse poison than this. He stubbornly gazed up and tried to stand, but he could not support himself. The assassin drew a small blade. “I suppose you can not predict people can you?” the assassin said as they gripped the blade tighter, “Shall I end you, or do you wish to say something first?” Jninja said nothing. The pain was getting worse. He coughed up blood. He grudgingly nodded. If he was going to die, he would at least do it with some dignity. “Do… it…” he spat. The assassin nodded.
Jninjashadow the Town Drunk honor guard is dead
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Kroatz at 6:38AM, May 12, 2010
(online)
I'm not gonna promise anyone any fanart or offer to give them good roles in my game, I tell you that this is the third time I've tried running a Mafia NOIR game… If I don't get picked I will personally kill everyone that didn't vote for me in this game! Raask!

- Albert Einstein
Zeph at 6:41AM, May 12, 2010
(online)
-puts on anti-death shield-

yep…

-flees-

Rockin the WTF face.
wait what?
Anthony Mercer at 10:37AM, May 12, 2010
(online)
When will voting start?
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
jninjashadow at 2:10PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
Anthony Mercer
When will voting start?
I guess if no one else has a submission, than when mettaur finishes his.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 2:35PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
Anthony Mercer
When will voting start?
I guess if no one else has a submission, than when mettaur finishes his.

And then there was one more.

I'm running. With Rand Land((From Wheel of Time series. Its good so go read it.))

The Townies go to Rand land.

This is me forcing mafia into Rand land. Rand land is a term used to describe the world in the “Wheel of Time” series. In Rand land thousand years in the past. The world was perfect. This was due to people who could use the one power, the same power that keeps everything going. But they found an energy source that could be even more powerful. So they broke into it and unleashed the DARK ONE. A war of good and evil takes place. It dosn't look so good until the Dragon the hero of the era attacked the darkone with 50 male channelers. They sealed him and his generials away. But the Dark One would have his revenge! He tainted the male channelers' source. Causeing any male channerler to eventually go mad. They did and when they did they used there power to break the world. 3,000 years have passed, the seals that hold him prisoner are failing and he Is threatening to break out. The Breaking that happened 3,000 years ago has caused the one government world to be come a world with many different countries.

This game will be different than normal mafia. I'm going to divide the players into groups of 3. These groups will be given names of countries from Rand Land. Tear, Andor, Cairhien, Shienar, Tar Valon and the mafia group = Friends of the Dark.

The Dragon reborn(Mayor)
The Amyrlin Seat(Pardoner)

Countries
The countries are the townies in this game. Each country is structured like this
King/Queen = can once per 24 cycle can ask which country someone is apart of and I will tell you. And they hold a seal.
Soldier = Vig
Herb Healer = Paramedic

People that are in the same country will know each other as there teammate.

If the King/Queen of a country is killed, then the country is destryed. And so is the seal they hold. The remaining members may become serial killer team, join the Friends of the Dark, or join any of the other countries

Now here is the trick. The countries could work together to fight the Friends of the Dark or they could just try to be the only country left standing.

Friends of the Dark
Friends of the Dark will have 5 players.
Forsaken(Godfather): Family members head: it is just like the horse head. Threaten the lynch man: Cancel one lynch. If double lynch was called then you can cancel both or just one of the lynches? The Dark Lord Rewards his servents: You may bring back one person from death((Including yourself)) Only works once. I can look how I want to look: Its just like the “behnd the curtains.” Except instead of townie he will be said to come from a random country other than the one who tried to look at him. Now its personal: Drop the curtain and start killing once per night.
DarkFriend: Hey I'm normal: If tested will not appear to be Friend of the Dark. REVENGE!: If two or more of your allys are dead you gain the ‘Kill ablitiy’ and lose the "Hey I'm normal ablity
Trolloc: Kill: Once per night you can kill someone. Eat: Once per night you can eat a player who is dead. Every two bodys you eat will give you an extra life.
Fade: Kill: Once per night you can kill someone. Die Hard:If you are targeted at night you will kill them. If someone one tried to kill you then he and you both die..
Black Sister: Kill or Heal: Once per night they can either choose to kill or protect someone. Eye and ears: Once per day you can get the role of one person.

TIME: I'll be releasing nars at 12:00 GMT. I'll stop accepting votes and actions an hour before.

SAMPLE:

therealtj run down the village street. His heart beat was as loud as his foot steps ringing off the stone paved street. He was being chased by someone. He didn't know who and he didn't care. His only focus was to get back to his nation's camp. He'd be safe there. The town had been in nuetral tertiory and he thought the other side would keep it that way. “Blood and Ashes!” tj cursed as he rounded a corner and bumped into a figure wrapped in a cloak. “Sorry about that,” tj said not bothering to slow down to get a closer look at the figure. Tj heard, “No your not and neither am I,” along with the sound of a dagger being unsheathed. Tj turned around just in time to see the flash of steel come swinging down. By instinct he reached out and grabbed his attackers arm. Tj made for his own dagger when he felt a blade plunge into his stomach. “You can never have too many daggers,” the figure said with a voice that put a chill in the night's air. Tj peered into the hood of the figure and shivered at the inhuman face inside. “I don't want to leave this half finished,” the figure said with a smirk as he plunged his dagger into tj's heart. Tj gave a flinch and then sagged in his killer's grip. “Lets put some fear into these fools hearts,” he said as he jammed a dagger in tj's left eye. The killer let tj's lifeless body drop onto the ground and walked into a building's shadow. The figure seemed to merge with the shadow as if it was welcoming a friend and then the figure was gone.

therealtj the Andoran Soldier is dead.

Clues: “I don't want to leave this half finished.” None of my comics are finished.
danger into the heart = One of my comic icons is just a bunch of hearts

CLUES: Will be based off of avi, profile, sig, how they act in game, comic icons, general theme of comics, and first 10 pages of comics.

Clues will get harder per action. All killing will leave clues. Bringing people back to life will bring clues.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Kroatz at 3:12PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
Does anyone besides me know the wheel of time?
I doubt anyone else read it…

- Albert Einstein
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:21PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
Does anyone besides me know the wheel of time?
I doubt anyone else read it…
GASP! Your the only other person on DD I know who has read it XD

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Kroatz at 3:31PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
It's not hard to find people that actually read nowadays… But then again, who has ever read the innocent mage by Karen Miller? or actually READ the lord of the rings. People have jumped from reading good fantasy to bad non-fiction books. It's a shame…

- Albert Einstein
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:58PM, May 12, 2010
(offline)
I gotta say, I'm pro Kroatz at the moment.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Kroatz at 4:16PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
I gotta say, I'm pro Kroatz at the moment.
Me too!

- Albert Einstein
harkovast at 4:19PM, May 12, 2010
(online)
I will vote for kroatz because he draws me cool fan art.

I tell you what I wont do…I WON'T read Plastic Bullets.

Not until he agrees to read Harkovast, anyway!

Yep, I'm just crazy enough to do it!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon