MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXVIII: Mafia NOIR
Kroatz at 2:04AM, May 25, 2010
(online)

MAFIA XXVIII: Mafia NOIR

Hello peoples of the internets, and welcome to Mafia NOIR.

Here are some rules, as usual:
1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.
2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players. If you do I'll… (Something scary)
3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.
4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.
5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Paramedic. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.) This is explained further in the phase part of this post.
6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will not notify you of this.
7. Guns are not a lie, neither is the cake.

Inactivity:
If a person has not posted on the thread or voted in a lynching in two days (48 hours real time) they will be taken out of the game at the end of the current cycle. The only exception is if the person lets me know that they will be unable to post or vote ahead of time.

Minors:
If you can't receive PQ's then you can't play. Sorry to be harsh, but this is to make things easier on everybody. This game runs on PQ's, it makes it really hard to make a strategy if you can't get them.

Clues:
Clues can be found in anything. The default gender will be male though. Narrations will probably be rather graphic, you have been warned.

Note: I also reserve the right to ban anyone who is acting like a Jackass. Even if you don't know the people playing personally, please show them the same respect you should show you friends. I hate to be a jerk about it, but it isn't as much fun to play when you have a person calling you an idiot all the time.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in NOIR comic form.

Changes to the game:
The rules are standard, except for some alternate roles, so read your role description well. Furthermore a Phase system has been added.

Phases:
During every night there are three phases:
- Dusk
- Midnight
- Dawn
When a night action is sent in you need to PQ me in which phase the action(s) will take place. Actions sent to me in the dusk phase will happen before the other phases, the actions in the dawn phase will happen after both other phases.

Example:
Mafia 1 sends me a kill that will happen in the dawn phase. Five minutes later the vigilante sends me a kill on Mafia 1 that will take place during the dusk phase. This will kill Mafia 1 even though the kill request was sent in later. Mafia 1's kill will not be done because he was already dead at that time of night.

Further information regarding the phase system can be found with the roles, you can also ask anything in the forum or PQ me.

The game theme will be NOIR, black and white, no compromise.

The of number of roles with actions depends on the amount of participants.

Roles:
ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of persuasion: Can besides his own vote change one persons vote to another person of his choosing during every lynch.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. You need to pick one night phase to do so. Be careful who you choose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. This power can be used twice during a night, during two different cycles. When a player is watched he cannot die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker and the paramedic. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs. Bombs are only discovered if they are planted in a nightphase before or during the phases the paramedic protects.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt, it will not have any effect.

The Lesser Detective
The lesser detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him the second best investigator in the Town. The GM beinbg the best there is. The lesser Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the lesser Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the lesser detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the lesser detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The lesser detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer). There will be a clue pointing to the results of the Who dun it power.
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the lesser detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch). This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Godfather can declare 1 double lynch anytime during the game. When the godfathers double lynch is in effect the two people that have the highest amount of votes will both be lynched. No one will be notified of the double lynch until the narration.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.
Seal of persuasion: Can besides his own vote change one persons vote to another person of his choosing during every lynch.

Mad Bomber
Each night, the Mad Bomber is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He has to pick a night phase to do so. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Bomber can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad Bomber be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad Bomber loses that bomb. That bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who the Mad Bomber might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Bomber as well. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb already planted, it will be discovered.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. you have to pick a night phase to do so. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.

I stop accepting actions at 2 pm GMT (3 pm CET) and I will post the narrations at 3 pm GMT (4 pm CET).

An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Peoples that are playing:
1. Zeph
2. Product Placement The Game Master Paramedic - Insta-LYNCHED DAY ONE
3. Niccea The Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records
4. Frankkerr/Same
5. Randomdudeperson The confusing! Townie - KILLED NIGHT TWO
6. Salsa The Luckless
7. Mettaur The Atomic Mirelurk Hitman - LYNCHED DAY TWO
8. jninjashadow The Town Drunk
9. Rokulily The Minister of Cuteness Townie - KILLED NIGHT TWO
10. Anthony Mercer The Emotional Lurker Bodyguard - KILLED NIGHT ONE
11. Maru The Last Rager
12. TheFlyingGreenMonkey Has a friggin' large amount of titles
13. Harkovast The Patron Saint of Finger Pointing and Self Proclaimed Furry Pusher
14. Alwinbot
15. Ochitsukanai The trendsetter Hitwoman - KILLED NIGHT TWO
16. Hakoshen The Spartan
17. I Am The 1337 Master The Goddamn Batman
18. PoorBoyBlues
19. KillerBob
20. ParkerFarker The Crazy Glow Stick Stabber
21. therealtj
22. Gullas The Impaler and Terrible Gambler
23. Ejackal
24. Byndris

Pro Town: (16)
Vigilante (1)
Veteran (1)
Lesser detective (1)
Paranoid (2)
Paramedic (3) (-1)
Townie (10)
Bodyguard (2) (-1)

Mafia: (5)
Hitman (3) (-1)
Mad Bomber (1)
Godfather (1)

Serial Killers: (1)
Psychopath (1)
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Kroatz at 2:04AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Reserved
Day one election result:

Product Placement: (4)
Product Placement
Poster
Hakoshen
Same

Jninjashadow: (2)
Jninjashadow
Poster
Maru

Mettaur: (5)
Mettaur
Trading Card (Which is NOT NOIR)
Byndris
Anthony Mercer
ParkerFarker

TheFlyingGreenMonkey: (4)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Poster
Killerbob
PoorBoyBlue

Rokulily: (1)
Gullas

Zeph: (2)
Zeph
Poster

Day two lynch result:

Mettaur: (3)
Niccea
Jninjashadow
Zeph

Jninjashadow: (1)
Gullas

Randomdudeperson: (1)
I Am The 1337 Master

Rokulily: (1)
Alwinbot

Niccea: (3)
Mettaur
Byndris
Harkovast

Hakoshen: (1)
Same

Day three lynch result:

Maru: (3)
TFGM
PoorBoyBlue
KillerBob

Same: (1)
I Am The 1337 Master

Salsa: (2)
Byndris
Harkovast

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 2:34AM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
As I walked through the streets, I was waiting for the messenger, who was to go to all residents of the town. But he didn't come. Perhaps he got stuck in traffic, thought I, or some important business came up. It mattered not. I found that since no one was coming for me at the moment, I would go to my “Say No to Chocolate” class, it still is hard for me to get off the stuff. When I came back hours later, from class and buying huge slabs of chocolate to build a house with, the letter would be waiting for me, it's contents deciding all of my life to come. Waiting.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
same at 3:10AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
I stared out of my office window. I put a packet of cigarettes in my mouth and light the end.
“Ahhhh. Cancer.”
I then slap myself because im roleplaying.

FUCKING ROLEPLAYING!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Mettaur at 3:11AM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
(Isn't it a rule that we have to role-play? That's what Kroatz said, even told us to get Avatars for the Noir!)
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Kroatz at 4:37AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Roleplaying does add to the fun, it's not in any way a rule though…

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 4:51AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
While some attempted to be noir, I lived it. I did the most noir thing a noir guy like me could do in a noir setting like this noir day. Noir noir noir.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Kroatz at 5:21AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
I have NOIR for breakfast. That's how NOIR I am.

All the roles have been sent out, PQ me if you didn't receive your role. First Narr coming up!

- Albert Einstein
Product Placement at 5:22AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
You believe you'd know a guy but as soon as you turn your backside to him, you're likely to find a knife in your back. Trust has to be earned and even then, there's no guaranty that the person is who he says he is.

Politicians are always crooked since power always corrupts. I know this first hand. I've seen good men turn evil as if a switch had been flipped inside him. You can't trust anyone, especially those who believe they know better.

I won't bother you with some fancy speeches about fighting the good fight. You won't find any pictures of me kissing some unwashed children held by women who are striving to make ends meet. Sure you can vote for the one who talks all fancy. Sure you can pretend to believe when he says he's here to help. You know he's lying, right? I only make the claim that I will try to do my best. After all, that's the best you can expect from your mayor.

Product Placement has put his name forward for the upcoming election. He can only hope it doesn't turn out to be a mistake.

Was that noir enough?
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Kroatz at 5:46AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Townstreet, Dawn, 1945.

I had a smoke this morning, I keep telling myself to quit but never seem able to. It's not like it really matters, the filth raining down upon me does worse things to my health than a little cigarette. My coat is drenched in the despair oozing from the buildings, the filthy people living here poluting my otherwise happy thoughts with patches of darkness spreading into the far ends of my mind.

Townstreet used to be a high class street, people came here because of the exotic shops and beautifull nature. but now it's raining again. It always rains here in Townstreet. The once beautifull flowers are withering, drowning in natures tears. Colors flow from their petals, mixing into a kind of grey that is now a familiar sight to my eyes. People are waling the streets again, where they were once filled with life they seem to be nothing but empty shells now, nothing but containers for the broken hopes and dreams of men. Every once in a while someone snaps, kills himself or those around him. And that's where I come in. I make a living investigating crimes. Someone should, the police don't do shit, they're too busy taking care of the rest of the town, too busy writing parking tickets to care about the little people.

And now I'm on my way to the mayors office, the mayor called me. He often does, it's his job as my big brother to look after me. This time the call was a little different though, he called me because he wanted me to investigate a murder…

His.

The mayoral election has begun.

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN.Hehe, that rhymes!

- Albert Einstein
same at 7:36AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Vote Same for mayor. Because im not a clone.

Niccea at 8:17AM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
*yawns* Mornin' I really am glad that the game didn't start until today. I was volunteering at my dad's golf tournament all day yesterday. And, miraculously, I didn't get burned. In fact, the burns from the day before faded away during the day instead of getting worse.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Zeph at 8:35AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
-readies his own noose-

Fun times ahead.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:56PM
Hakoshen at 9:59AM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
I vote for PP. Why? Becuase I murdered him in a past life, and I want to recompense. It's a dark day in Townston, where the number one killers are lung cancer and bad puns. Where we have electricity, electric chairs, catapults and buckets full of cement and we still use a scaffolding and a noose. Where a man such as myself can take off his bright clothing and be be totally invisible. Where the only thing that matters is how French you can look, but not act! Where a man's resolve is measured in bullets, and not integrity! Where power, authority, love and hate all mean nothing when staring down the barrel of a gun!

It's a dark day. And I'm ready to get down to business.
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:41PM
same at 10:45AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Pffft. Never mind. Im voting mittens.

By that i mean Hark. Even if he isnt running. Read Harkovast. And vote Hark.
alwinbot at 11:48AM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
same
Pffft. Never mind. Im voting mittens.

By that i mean Hark. Even if he isnt running. Read Harkovast. And vote Hark.
Same I choose you!
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
same at 12:23PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Samechu!
jninjashadow at 1:11PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
I shall run for mayor cause why not. Noir poster and all:

Vote for me. I know I am.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Kroatz at 1:45PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Votes have been updated.
May I remind all of you that the only votes that count are those sent to me by PQ.

- Albert Einstein
Anthony Mercer at 1:52PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
The rain hammered hard on my nondescript head as I calmly walked to the nearest shelter.

My calmness disappeared when I suddenly realised the GM is the guy I spent the whole of the last game making fun of.

…I'm doomed.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
same at 2:10PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Ill vote when im serious.
Mettaur at 2:14PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
Vote for Mettaur, for two reasons. One, I can't give you a perfect guarentee of survival, but that I will give my all to make Townstreet the bustling and vibrant place it once was. And second, vote for me, and I will stop making Fallout jokes.
Kroatz at 2:17PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Anthony Mercer
…I'm doomed.

I am earths true master.

- Albert Einstein
same at 2:20PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Biting my lip so hard right now at a certain post.
gullas at 3:30PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
hmmm everything looks pretty much black and white here…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Mettaur at 3:34PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
I feel like more Mafia Art. Anyone who has a art project for me to do, that has to do with Mafia Games, tell me. I'll take it on.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:38PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Vote for TFGM we are patrolling the streets keeping you safe.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Mettaur at 3:45PM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

So you are a communist then, TheFlyingGreenMonkey? Or should I say, Big Kitty!
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:48PM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

So you are a communist then, TheFlyingGreenMonkey? Or should I say, Big Kitty!
Silly Mettaur, Kittys can't be communist. We are the nieghborhood watch :3

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Kroatz at 3:55PM, May 25, 2010
(online)

- Albert Einstein

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon