Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XXVIII: Mafia NOIR - Sign up thread
Kroatz at 1:53AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
same
Im having a problem were my brain shuts down when i try to do work.

What brain? Lol.

Game thread is up, I'll PQ roles ASAP, they've been assigned already but I really gotta get goi…
*Runs into the college classroom, all ready for the most important test in his life*
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
same at 2:31AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
same
Im having a problem were my brain shuts down when i try to do work.

What brain? Lol.

Maybe thats the problem.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:20PM
Mettaur at 2:52AM, May 25, 2010
(offline)
Ochitsukanai
Mettaur
But it's also good to be smart, as long as you aren't some jerk about it.
I love egocentric jerks, but only if they're actually as smart as they act. It's got to take a lot of heart to be that self-assured…
Zeph
Edit: Roku's cuteness factor decreased slightly with teh murderous intent. <_<
No, it can only increase! Now every cupcake will be spiced with DANGER O_O
Well, that can be even worse, acting smart and not being smart. Me and Paul just proved how much of an idiot, and a douche this JAson guy was at lunch. HE was trying to be cool, knowing what we were talking about, so I said,“You don't even watch Deadliest Warriors! I don't believe you saw it.”
“Aw, yeah! Of course I did, you think I'm stupid or something?”
“Then where are the SS from?”
“…”
(A full minute passes)
“Okay, the SS-”
“Wait Paul, lets give him more time.”
(5 Min passes)
“Should I tell him Paul?”
“Okay, you can tell him now.”
“The SS were from WWII, ya douche!”
“Yeah, I knew that! I just didn't tell you because I couldn't remember at the time!”
And I just couldn't let him get away with this idiocy, so I said,“So, you know about the SS?”
“YEah, like, tons!”
“Okay then, what were the SS before they were a fighting force?”
“…”
“Okay Paul, we'll give him till the end of lunch.”
(17 Min passes)
(Lunch Bell rings, signaling beginning of class.)
“Should I tell him now Paul?”
“Yes, you should.”
And I yell over the babbling crowd so our table can hear,“The SS were HItlers elite bodyguard, and don't say you knew that! We gave you almost twenty minutes!”
And the WWII geek of the table, and actually history of, well, any conflict ever expert of our table did a facepalm. Yes, Peter did a facepalm.

So, have I explained how idiocy and smartness works in NC?
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:00PM
Kroatz at 4:51AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
So, have I explained how idiocy and smartness works in NC?

I think it's sad that all you know about the SS comes from a stupid television program. General knowledge about both world wars is way too low among americans. And even here in the Netherlands people tend to know little about it…

Television makes people dumb, read a fucking book for a change. (No offence intended, I just think the average intelligence would be higher if people read instead of relying on government funded television programs…)
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Product Placement at 5:02AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
rokulily
partly because there is a different mindset to handling special needs and also most people nowadays aren't very patient.
Maybe that's it. I don't think my society is very patient in general.

Autism is an interesting condition. From what I know of it, the subject needs precise order and repetition in his day to day life or else he might becomes very upset. In some rare cases, one particular part of the brain becomes so supercharged that he gains inhuman intelligence in that one particular field. It usually has something to do with math, thus causing them to become nothing short of a living calculator.

rokulily
it's interesting how your country in theory punishes ignorance so much when it's also so ignorant like the rest of us.
People can often become so certain on their convictions that they become blinded by it. It usually has something to do with how productive you are to the society. If you're not contributing enough, you get the stern “what's wrong with you” look. Physically handicapped are respected though because they are taught to be as self sufficient as humanly possible and thus people know that they strive to their limits like everyone else does. Since people with mental problems don't look disabled on the surfaced, bigotry towards them is born. Like I previously said though because of increased awareness there's thankfully more tolerance towards mentally handicapped now but we still have a long way to go. You should have heard my viewpoints on the subject when I was a kid. You probably would not have liked me very much back then. :(
Mettaur
SS
Behold! The true face of SS!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
rokulily at 10:54AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
rokulily
partly because there is a different mindset to handling special needs and also most people nowadays aren't very patient.
Maybe that's it. I don't think my society is very patient in general.

Autism is an interesting condition. From what I know of it, the subject needs precise order and repetition in his day to day life or else he might becomes very upset. In some rare cases, one particular part of the brain becomes so supercharged that he gains inhuman intelligence in that one particular field. It usually has something to do with math, thus causing them to become nothing short of a living calculator.

hehehe, sorry. autism IS a very interesting condition but it's interesting because of how it can vary. PDD (pervasive developmental disorder) is broken into 3 main areas- aspergers (they often have a subject in which they immerse themselves in completely so that might be to what you're refering to (i know one kid who is like a living gps, but the subject can be anything from neurology to dinosaurs to videogames)), autism (this is the most intense on the PDD scale, autistic kid often lack social skills from speech to emotional understanding), and PDD-NOS(not otherwise specified) (this has the widest range of problems varying from nearly autistic to fairly ‘normal’ ). often the subject needs order because that is what they have learned and if the conditions are all there then they do not understand why it would change. x + y will ALWAYS equal z. if you add a + x + y it will still equal z. if x or y is missing then it becomes easier to change. every PDD is different- theres a list of condintions and you might match some of them and not others(if you match all it's the highest level autisim). depending on what you match is how you are labeled.

this is all a very simpified statement and really doesn't cover much at all but it's hopefully more enlightening. it sounds like you have most of your understanding from that movie ‘rainman’, which is a very good movie that does show realistic autisim in one particular case. but it still cracks me up because this is what most people latch on to when they think autisim.

Product Placement
You should have heard my viewpoints on the subject when I was a kid. You probably would not have liked me very much back then. :(

yeah, but i like you now so it's all good. it's more important to grow and have better understanding then be stuck on how much people messed up when they were kids. for the most part we're all still kids.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Product Placement at 11:30AM, May 25, 2010
(online)
rokulily
It sounds like you have most of your understanding from that movie ‘rainman’, which is a very good movie that does show realistic autisim in one particular case. but it still cracks me up because this is what most people latch on to when they think autisim.
I haven't actually seen Rainman but I'm aware of the story and I heard it's supposed to be based on a real person (I did see Unbreakable, though).

There's this one autistic guy who was given a radio show few years back and he has the ability to state which day of the week a certain day was. Ask “September 24th 1918” and he'll say “Tuesday”. There was also this interview with a man named Daniel Tammet, that I saw few years back. He had a very special case of autism that could only be described as “having all the benefits without the drawbacks”. He could speak over dozen languages and was challenged to learn Icelandic and show up for an interview the very next week. An interview that happened to be in Icelandic. He passed with flying colors. That's downright impressive in my book.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
alwinbot at 2:06PM, May 26, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
rokulily
It sounds like you have most of your understanding from that movie ‘rainman’, which is a very good movie that does show realistic autisim in one particular case. but it still cracks me up because this is what most people latch on to when they think autisim.
I haven't actually seen Rainman but I'm aware of the story and I heard it's supposed to be based on a real person (I did see Unbreakable, though).

There's this one autistic guy who was given a radio show few years back and he has the ability to state which day of the week a certain day was. Ask “September 24th 1918” and he'll say “Tuesday”. There was also this interview with a man named Daniel Tammet, that I saw few years back. He had a very special case of autism that could only be described as “having all the benefits without the drawbacks”. He could speak over dozen languages and was challenged to learn Icelandic and show up for an interview the very next week. An interview that happened to be in Icelandic. He passed with flying colors. That's downright impressive in my book.
I've seen videos of this artist who can memorize entire cities when he flies over them just once.

He's drawn entire cities with crazy accuracy from memory. I think he's british.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon