MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXII GM Election
Niccea at 6:02PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
It is that time again, I mean seriously we're down to three people! Time to select a new leader for the biggest forum game on Drunk Duck. I will use our nice old form by Product Placement, of course.

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:14PM
Niccea at 6:02PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
PP
“…TOOOTAL ECLIPSE OF MYYYY HEAEAAAAART! oooooOOOOOooooOOOOOH oooooOOOOOOOHHH…..”
Ugh… whoever thought of this karaoke night over at Loot & Hooch was an slobbering idiot. Niccea has been hogging the stage all evening bringing most of the audience to a brink of an aneurysm.
“Get of the stage, you bum! You're torturing us!” roared Kroatz in a fit of rage.
“Let's someone else up! It's time for me to shine!” complained TheFlyingGreenMonkey.
“I think she's rather good.” said Mettaur before ducking from a hail of bottles, that were thrown at him for that remark.
"You morons just can't appreciate fine quality singing. Now perk your ears and listen for my next number will be Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'
”This is grounds for torture, you fiend!“ yelled Salsa out loud. ”Don't you have any drinks that cause deafness?“
”I've been looking up a recipe for one for the past half hour" replied Jninjashadow in a fit of panic as he shuffled through his drink recipe books.

“Neeeeeaaaaar, faaaaaar, whereeeeeeeeveeeer you areeeEEe
IIIIII beliiiieve that the heeeeaaaaart does goooo ooooOooon….”

“Dear lord! She can't sing a straight note if her life depended on it.” whimpered Zeph while trying his best to cover his ears.
“It's not over yet. She's about to go for the high note” said same as he watched in fear as Niccea took in a deep breath.
Her voice consumed the room causing untold misery to the audience. However, at that moment something was triggered within the Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone, setting up a small but potent charge.
The thundering sound blew everyone of their seats. People quickly stood up to applaud as the bane of their eardrums had finally been silenced.

Niccea just “bombed” on the stage.

Clues: Ah hell. I've written so many clues about myself by now that I'm getting repetitive. I know my narrations can get pretty lengthy so I will condense all the clues into the moments when the killer is striking. In this case it was when the bomb in the microphone was triggered. I used a brand name microphone to yet again point out my name.

seventy2
Niccea was happy, She had just finished her ultimate Dungeon Master's guide to dungeoning. On top of that, She had seen a shooting star. She closed her eyes and made a wish. Upon opening her eyes, she was greeted by a man in a blue suit. “we are coming” he simply said.
She was truly freaked now, she began running away. “you don't wanna do this” came the voice from behind her.

Niccea was suddenly bathed in light. “wha… What?” her feet lifting lightly from the ground. She was pulled away and away.

Niccea The Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records. has been abducted!

Clues
Pulled from the avatar, Blue suit. running away and “you don't wanna do this” from the first five pages of Ninja Wedding
Clues will be pulled from:
Avatars, Thumbnails and first five pages of comics, Conversations inside the mafia thread and signatures.

Mettaur
Niccea was patrolling the borders of the settlement, they had to abandon the town, the buggers got it. The dark ones, they wouldn't stop the assault. Pretty soon the town was conquered, all who couldn't flee, were done in. She was almost done with her shift, when Niccea saw someone in the shadows of a nearby crystal tree.“Show yourself! I will shoot!” The individual causing this display slowly walked from behind the crystal, hands raised, and Niccea dropped her gun.“Y-You?! You died! I saw it, they tore into you! They ate you alive!”
“Who, me? Nonono, they just ate what I didn't need, then they filled the cavity with some eggs for me to disperse, I would have done this anyways without their help soon enough. But here we are, I have eggs that need a mommy, and you dropped your gun.” Niccea readied her laser-knife,“You pig! But it matters not, I'm going to carve you up bug-boy, and you don't have a weapon.” The infectee chuckled, and said,“I don't need a weapon, for you see, I AM THE WEAPONS!” His tattered robes burst into shreds, showing a multitude of legs, pincers, and squirming baby buggies.

A scream could be heard, most of the settlers rushed out with their various make-shift weapons, only to see two bugs crawl away from the energy caves. Puzzled, the settlers returned to the caves, and resumed their greiving.

Break it down! do-do-de-do, bot onto the clues, enoguh kareoke already.

I would have done it soon anyways without their help- I'm out fir the ladies of this town! Laying creatures inside, get it? With the eggs.
I AM THE WEAPONS!-recently converted fan of jojo's bizare adventures abridged.
You Pig!- I like cute widdle piggies! And no! not for breakfast!
tattered robes- my avatar is usually in robes.

Salsa
The tank driver lounged in her seat as the night wore on. It wasn't the difficulty of the assignment, it was the tedium that slowly ate at her sanity, that made her wish she was anywhere but here. She cocked an eyebrow as a something flitted across the view-screen for one of the exterior cameras The mics also picked up a popping noise. She frowned as she moved closer the screen, adjusting her crooked cap to give both eyes a better view of the screen. She again cocked her eyebrow as she saw more movement. She flipped on the speakers . The motion caused her cap to go crooked again and she let out a sigh of annoyance.
“WELCOME TO YOUR DEATH! YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO SHOW YOUR SELF!” Her voice boomed over the speakers.
The massage echoed for a bit and she heard laughing. The son-of-a-bitch was laughing at her! She muttered for him to keep it up, he was a dead man now.
“Gotcha!” she said to her quarry, who couldn't hear her now.
There was silence.
Then the clearing went up with the sounds and sights of now less than six auto-turrets opening up at the intruder.
“HOW D'YA LIKE THAT?!? EAT HOT LEAD YOU SONUVABITCH!” She bellowed into the mic for the speakers.
She ceased the assault once she was she he was dead. She prepared to return to the tedium of her assignment when a loud, almost deafening, clang rang through the hull.
“IT'S GONNA TAKE MORE THAN THAT, YOU BASTARD!” she yelled at her unseen, but still living attacker.
“I know,” said a gravelly voice through the popping of static over the radio, “enjoy the last few minutes of your life,” he finished rather cheerfully.
The tank driver's eyes went wide as she scrambled for the ejection handle between her legs. She found it and gave a mighty yank.
There was the popping of circuits, and distressingly, no sign of the popping of explosive bolts.
“GOD DAMN WHO EVER TESTED THIS PIECE OF SHI–”

Niccea the Tank has been roasted by a plasma charge.

Clues:

Popping: the first page of DoaMP has me pulling a party popper.
Cocked eyebrow: In my avi
Crooked hat: Again in my avi

Narrations will be at 19:00 CDT unless stated otherwise. (that's 0:00 GMT) actions end an hour before that.

Clues will come from profiles, comic thumbnails, friends, the first few pages of any comic, favorites, and avatars. They will be hard (as hard as I can make them anyway) and they will be attached to any action. Killings and protections being the most obvious.

jninjashaow
Combat Phase 3
Niccea ran at full stride. Another fire ball whizzed by her head, igniting a near by tree. The tree was then reduced to saw dust by a blast from a gun. The taller of Niccea's pursuers laughed at the flaming shrapnel, the shorter simply glared at his accomplice for the waste of ammo. The taller took notice of the glare, “Oh calm down. She can't keep running like this for long, so why can't I have fun?” The tall one said. He let a large smile creep up his face, and as he turned his head light gleamed of his glassy eyes, “We'll get her, and oh the fun to be had when we do”. Niccea knew the tall man was right. She had to find someplace to hide, somewhere she could get an advantage from. Then she saw the Vault's door. Surely there would be a great place to strike back! Niccea tapped in Mett's vault code as chunks of cement danced around her. Luckily for her, Mett was never secret about the vault's code because her pursuers were getting more accurate by the second.
She Quickly shut the vault door and set the lock. She sighed in relief and collapsed against it. The front door was impenetrable when locked. As she opened her eyes, she saw the barrel of a shot gun pointed at her, along side a burning hand. “Did you honestly think that was the only way in?” the smaller one asked.
Niccea was stunned. She had. The tall one laughed triumphantly, “Ta-ta popit!” Niccea screamed in defiance and thrust a dagger into the tall one's gut. Caught off guard he doubled over, Niccea took the opportunity to hurl a knife at the short one. He blocked it with ease. Niccea reached for another knife when she ralized her last was in the big ones bloody palm, “Oh, now, you are going to suffer” He hissed. His accomplice lit afire the tall one's hands. He gabbed Niccea's forehead with his blazing palm. The firs spread from him to her, and Niccea screamed in pain. The tall one stood glaring down as the magical fire burnt her away to ashes. The small one whistled, “And to think, this all started with you 'n me wanting to open a pizzaria.”

Clue breakdown:
Tall Man (me):
“his head light gleamed of his glassy eyes” = Monocle
“the barrel of a shot gun” = Above profile says I got a shotty
“The tall one stood glaring down” = My profile's glaring

Mettaur at 6:05PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Reserved for Attack of the Pod-People!

The colony of Townston has fallen onto hard times. First of all, their drunken Mayor had named the place “Townston”, then there was that incident with the burritos in the energy mines, and then there was the aliens. Who knew that the contact would be so violent? Who knew there would ever be contact? Well, the aliens descended onto the town, one promising light and curing all diseases, and the other quiet bluntly put that they would eat almost everyone. The settlers fell like flies to the bugs, it was as much a war as a war can be between man and ants. But it was turned around this time…

Mayor of Townston Colony
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
I'm the Leader Dangit! So listen up!: Increased vote count of two.
This is a crisis!: Can declare a double execution, to get double the aliens.
Did you ever know that you’re my hero?: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his soldier(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the soldiers are.
We must act quickly!: On Day One, the newly elected mayor can declare an insta-execution.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same soldiers as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 executions during the course of the game. The pardoner may not pardon himself.

Soldiers
Random settlers will receive the role of soldier once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The soldier cannot be a cat, bugger, or special role, he can only be a regular settler.

Groups are listed here:
HUMAN FRONTIER!
I think I rather stay a human instead of a rock crawler, thank you very much! You are on the side of the humans, squash the buggies, stay a person, and kick some ass!

Light Sleeper- You never were able to sleep easy, due to that you wake up as soon as the pod tries to infect you, thus allowing you to escape your terrible doom. You are just immune to the Buggies, basically the Paranoid. Who ever knew insomia was so useful!
Ufo Believer- “They said they didn't exists. What fools they were. Yehahaha!” The only townie who prepared himself for the coming alien invasion. You stocked up on laser carving knifes, and horded the extra equipment from the energy mines. Now put those drills to work! Drill baby drill!
Medic of BloodRavens Squadron- The small guard garrisoned to this colony were slaughtered by the buggies, and the cat-creatures took the bodies away to “let them in the light”, strange stuff. But since you have no work now, you might as well watch over the survivors. Since aliens need to sleep too, you have no way of distinguishing between humans and aliens.
Settler- You just came here to mine crystals and begin a new life with your family, now you just sleep at night hoping you don't get egg-raped. Oh, and you can suggest who will be executed.

WE ARE THE LIGHT!
You are a good alien race, you offer light and happiness, no disease, peace. You are to convert other species to your ways. Sadly, sacrifices must be made for the greater good. But in the end, the light shall prevail!

Deliverer's of the Light-You have the most sacred of duties, you are to carry the Queen's Kittens, and deliver them into those of lower life-forms. They will grow into them, become one, become something better. Infect once a night, enjoy.
Hunters-You are strong ones, your job is to protect the queen and Deliverers, and to do so you must end those who wish them wrong. It is sad, but it must be done! Kill once a night, enjoy.
Royal Guards: You have been assigned a very sacred duty, you are to guard the Queen and make sure no harm goes her way.
screamers: Can distinguish between uninfected townies and infected ones (by asking the GM)

F*** IT, JUST DRINK, KILL, AND RAPE! YEHAHA!
You are part of the destructive ‘buggers’, as the settlers lovingly call you. Slaughter, lay eggs, and drink. BURN DOWN THE TOWN! Destruction and evil are what you eat for midday snackies.

More pod carriers - they serve the queen by carrying her eggs and using them to infect more townies.
Soldiers: Have killing powers.
Guardians: Protect the queen from being attacked (serve as bodyguards).
screamers: Can distinguish between uninfected townies and infected ones (by asking the GM)

Oh, and I forgot:
Queen description: Is the one who creates the pods and can control what pod creates what kind of alien. In theory she can make as many pods as she wants but can only infect one player at a time + the number of pod carriers she owns.
Can spend the turn either infecting or killing. If she does, she makes herself vulnerable to an attack.

The game will start off with one Queen and one Pod-Carrier on each side, they will then set out to take the town!
If the queen dies, all of her followers die as well. This is to give the colony a fighting chance at surviving, NON-ALIEN thanks very much!
Trying to infect a rival alien will not work but will obviously tell the aliens that this person is a rival.

Gonna clean this up soon, much credit goes to Product Placement for helping me make the idea.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Product Placement at 6:16PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Drunk Duck Mafia XXXII - Anarchy in Townston.

Art by Zeph.

The impossible has happened. Our beloved Mayor and the tree hugging Pardoner have been viciously attacked and killed. Townston has been thrown into chaos with the power vacuum that they left behind and the Mafia intents to take full advantage of that fact.

This is a standard game with the classic roles with few minor and major changes.

Day 1: First of all: THERE IS NO MAYORAL ELECTION!!! There will be no Mayor or Pardoner to help organize townston which will drastically affect how Townston operates during the lynches. Players are free to “run campaigns” where the promote themselves as leadership figures during the first day, in hopes that they might attract protection from the newly modified protector roles.

Lynch rules:
After the first night, players will form lynch mobs where they vote to lynch a player that they believe is a criminal. Like usually, criminals in disguise are free to attempt to manipulate those votes. Since there is no central figure around to help organize the town these lynch mobs will operate under different rules.
Basically it works like this: If Suspect 1 and Suspect 2 are both suspected of being criminals, we can assume that people will flock and vote for those two miscreants. However, votes are not depicted as calm people politely standing in line to cast votes for the one they wish to lynch. Instead they form mobs. Players who vote to lynch Suspect 1 represent one mob while the ones who vote for Suspect 2 represent another.
If either Suspect 1 or Suspect 2 receives more votes, it will mean that the winning mob that promoted the death of their player grew to such high number that all other mobs submitted to their will. However in the case where both suspects receive equal amount of votes and we end up with a tie, chaos occurs…

Lynching complications:
In a case of a tie, during lynch votes, two of the mobs (or more in case of a three way tie or more) will have formed great support for their cause and both sides will refuse to back down. The heated debate will end up in a street conflict which will cancel the lynch. During these conflicts, ONE player of EACH side will die. A randomizer will determine the casualties and the players who were voted to be lynched can breathe a relieving sigh about being ignored during these street fights… that is of course unless they happen to be part of the conflicting mobs. In that case they're free game, like all the other players participating in the fight.

Altered protection roles:
The bodyguards survived the attack and are now unemployed. They will take over the roles of the paramedics and protect people during the night. Because of that, the local paramedic(s) can stay home for the night and focus on doing what they do best, curing boo boos. Please read the following role description to find out more about their altered powers.

Roles:

In case of a game with 20 players, the number of starting roles will be:

PRO TOWN:
8 Townies
2 Bodyguards
1 Paramedic
1 Veteran
1 Detective
1 Vigilante
1 Paranoid

Criminals:
Mafia:
1 Godfather
1 Mad Hatter
2 Hitman
Serial Killers:
1 Psychopath

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

Bodyguard
As a bodyguard with no one to protect, you're pretty useless. Therefore it is advisable you find someone who you prefer stays alive during the course of this game. You're free to pick any player as your protected target and you will defend him with your life. A protected player can not be killed during nights or lynching complications. Once you've picked a player to protect, you will continuously protect him unless you change your mind and decide to protect someone else (You need to notify the GM if you change target).

Paramedic
Since you're now able to actually stay in your clinic, you now have full access to all your medical equipment. After a good nights sleep, you spend the following day turn, looking over the newest victims to see if you can help him.
No wait! He's still breathing!: Pick a player who was killed during the night or lynching complication and revive him. This power can ONLY be used on a player who died during yesterday's lynching complications or the previous night (the corpse can't be older then two turns). This power does not work on people who were properly lynched. Using this power will leave a clue to your identity.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt or an attack during lynching complications, if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
What's going on here?: During lynches, the detective can infiltrate a lynching mob and look for possible suspects. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player and also how many criminals voted for that player (if any). This power can only be used during the day and he can only investigate the lynch mobs that form during that time (can not investigate lynches from previous times). The results of his investigation will be presented to him at the end of the lynch election.
Note: In order to activate this power, the detective HAS to vote for the same player that the mob that he's investigating is voting for, in order to infiltrate it.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
The godfather is the undisputed leader of the Mafia and has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If this ability is used during lynching complications, the fight will be prevented.
Welcome to the family: The godfather can turn one of the villagers into a made man, causing him to become a member of the mafia and can thus share in their victory. The target has to be a willing applicant and thus can not be changed into a mafia member without his permission. This will alter his alignment, turning him into a criminal (if he isn't one to begin with), and thus he needs to be lynched/killed in order for the town to win. This will not alter the role of the player in any way and he will still have access to his original powers. This power can only be used once.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night or lynching complications.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad hatter loses that bomb. That bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who the Mad Hatter might be. Bombs can be intercepted by the bodyguard, giving clues to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well.

Hitman
You are a mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. Have fun with that.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.

—-

Narration

“…TOOOTAL ECLIPSE OF MYYYY HEAEAAAAART! oooooOOOOOooooOOOOOH oooooOOOOOOOHHH…..”
Ugh… whoever thought of this karaoke night over at Loot & Hooch was an slobbering idiot. Niccea has been hogging the stage all evening bringing most of the audience to a brink of an aneurysm.
“Get of the stage, you bum! You're torturing us!” roared Kroatz in a fit of rage.
“Let's someone else up! It's time for me to shine!” complained TheFlyingGreenMonkey.
“I think she's rather good.” said Mettaur before ducking from a hail of bottles, that were thrown at him for that remark.
"You morons just can't appreciate fine quality singing. Now perk your ears and listen for my next number will be Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'
”This is grounds for torture, you fiend!“ yelled Salsa out loud. ”Don't you have any drinks that cause deafness?“
”I've been looking up a recipe for one for the past half hour" replied Jninjashadow in a fit of panic as he shuffled through his drink recipe books.

“Neeeeeaaaaar, faaaaaar, whereeeeeeeeveeeer you areeeEEe
IIIIII beliiiieve that the heeeeaaaaart does goooo ooooOooon….”

“Dear lord! She can't sing a straight note if her life depended on it.” whimpered Zeph while trying his best to cover his ears.
“It's not over yet. She's about to go for the high note” said same as he watched in fear as Niccea took in a deep breath.
Her voice consumed the room causing untold misery to the audience. However, at that moment something was triggered within the Shure SM58 Dynamic Microphone, setting up a small but potent charge.
The thundering sound blew everyone of their seats. People quickly stood up to applaud as the bane of their eardrums had finally been silenced.

Niccea just “bombed” on the stage.

Clues: Ah hell. I've written so many clues about myself by now that I'm getting repetitive. I know my narrations can get pretty lengthy so I will condense all the clues into the moments when the killer is striking. In this case it was when the bomb in the microphone was triggered. I used a brand name microphone to yet again point out my name.

Also: I will be listening to requests and wish to consult the players with killer roles about their clues.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
seventy2 at 6:35PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
MAFIA XXXII: INVASION! from space.

The background, rural townston, New mexico has had no problems with mafia. But lately, cows have been turned up mutilated. What is a town to do if they believe it's paranormal activity?

The roles.

TOWNIE ROLES
The townie’s win condition is to find and kill all ALIENS!

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two autopsies anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double autopsies are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.
Did you ever know that you’re my hero?: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his bodyguard(s) are alive. Only the Mayor will know who the bodyguards are.
Let’s celebrate!: On Day One, the newly elected mayor can declare an insta-autopsies

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. He has the protection of the very same bodyguards as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 autopsies during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get autopsied towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are autopsied so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself.

Bodyguard
Random townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor and pardoner have been elected. The mayor alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard cannot be a mafia or special role, he can only be a regular townie.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. You think you have all the answers, and can tell when someone is truly not human, but careful, their disguises are more complete than you think.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two aliens attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know what these aliens are after and how they get it. The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Paranoid (similar to detective)
This is a new type of paranoid. You've watched Unsolved Mysteries, X-files, Ancient Aliens, Doctor Who, and many other alien based movies. You know the truth is out there. You can see them for who they truly are. 1 Time every 3 nights, you can watch someone whom you think is an alien. That night you have a 50% chance of catching them on film, and exposing them to the Town. But be warned, IF they are an alien, and you don't catch them on film, you run the risk of them killing you.

Townie
You are a dedicated townie! Although you do not have any special abilities, you participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

—————————-

Alien ROLES
The alien’s win condition is to kill all townies. Unlike townies, all aliens know who each other are. (Aliens cannot kill aliens)

Invasion General
The Invasion General has the special ability of being able to mutilate cows on the target's ranch. In addition, has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of his force are already dead. The Invasion General will appear to be an innocent townie to the paranoid. The Invasion General is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by paranoid for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel an autopsy.

Abduction Marker
Sometimes, people just ask to be abducted, others, just are in the wrong place at the wrong time. The abduction marker can select one person per night to be abducted. This person then has horribly gruesome things done to him/her.

alien
You are just a regular grey. You can terrify and kill anyone you want (once per night).

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by your own rules and have your own win conditions.

Government Agent.
While you are not from Townston, you aren't from as far away as the invaders . Your orders, Directly from the President, are to shoot on site, word of this invasion, from anyone, must not leak to the rest of the world. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the townies to win, you must be dead.
——————————————————
Combat: first come first serve. e.g.: If an alien wants to attack the government agent, but the government agent requests to kill the alien first, Government agent wins, unless Protected by a medic.

Narration:

Niccea was happy, She had just finished her ultimate Dungeon Master's guide to dungeoning. On top of that, She had seen a shooting star. She closed her eyes and made a wish. Upon opening her eyes, she was greeted by a man in a blue suit. “we are coming” he simply said.
She was truly freaked now, she began running away. “you don't wanna do this” came the voice from behind her.

Niccea was suddenly bathed in light. “wha… What?” her feet lifting lightly from the ground. She was pulled away and away.

Niccea The Great Deceiver and Keeper of Records. has been abducted!

Clues
Pulled from the avatar, Blue suit. running away and “you don't wanna do this” from the first five pages of Ninja Wedding
Clues will be pulled from:
Avatars, Thumbnails and first five pages of comics, Conversations inside the mafia thread and signatures.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Mettaur at 6:56PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
NARRATION TIME!

Niccea was patrolling the borders of the settlement, they had to abandon the town, the buggers got it. The dark ones, they wouldn't stop the assault. Pretty soon the town was conquered, all who couldn't flee, were done in. She was almost done with her shift, when Niccea saw someone in the shadows of a nearby crystal tree.“Show yourself! I will shoot!” The individual causing this display slowly walked from behind the crystal, hands raised, and Niccea dropped her gun.“Y-You?! You died! I saw it, they tore into you! They ate you alive!”
“Who, me? Nonono, they just ate what I didn't need, then they filled the cavity with some eggs for me to disperse, I would have done this anyways without their help soon enough. But here we are, I have eggs that need a mommy, and you dropped your gun.” Niccea readied her laser-knife,“You pig! But it matters not, I'm going to carve you up bug-boy, and you don't have a weapon.” The infectee chuckled, and said,“I don't need a weapon, for you see, I AM THE WEAPONS!” His tattered robes burst into shreds, showing a multitude of legs, pincers, and squirming baby buggies.

A scream could be heard, most of the settlers rushed out with their various make-shift weapons, only to see two bugs crawl away from the energy caves. Puzzled, the settlers returned to the caves, and resumed their greiving.

Break it down! do-do-de-do, bot onto the clues, enoguh kareoke already.

I would have done it soon anyways without their help- I'm out fir the ladies of this town! Laying creatures inside, get it? With the eggs.
I AM THE WEAPONS!-recently converted fan of jojo's bizare adventures abridged.
You Pig!- I like cute widdle piggies! And no! not for breakfast!
tattered robes- my avatar is usually in robes.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Product Placement at 7:13PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
It would be a good idea to condense your entire game concept along with the narration into a single post, mettaur. That way the voters don't have to search the entire thread for all your notes.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 7:17PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Mafia XXXII: Mafia in Space

Image to go here soon.

DA SETUP
Duck Wars
three thousand two hundred forty-two years, seven months, two weeks, three days, seven hours, six minutes, and 14.34578978 seconds in the future there is a war going on between the Humanity Union Meta Bureau of Unlimited Gruesomeness and the Federal Republics of Orion are at War. An epic struggle takes place among the stars. Fleets numbering in the thousands do battle over pivotal locations. Each one flinging the fury of a hundred suns at each other. This has nothing to do with New Townston, a colony on a small backwater world belonging to H.U.M.B.U.G., except that a band of resistance fighters has now taken root. And pouring liquid oxygen over the whole damn mess is a recon pilot whose been shot down. And for the piece de resistance, the town has been conscripted to fix both problems. There goes the the neighborhood.
DA ROLES
HUMBUG Infantry
You've been assigned the task of ridding your town of the resistance fighters that have cropped up as well as capturing the recon pilot for interrogation. There are also rumors of an alien menace terrorizing the citizenry, investigate and neutralize any threat. Failure in these objectives will result in paperwork, lots and lots of paperwork.

The Commander(1) Elected: Due to some flub up at central, the town is left with out a commanding officer, so they elect one. As the CO you have several abilities:
This is a democracy: you cast two votes instead of one.
Discipline is the root of efficiency:This is war, efficiency is the key to victory so lynching two people at a time is more efficient and helps get the troops to work a little harder to find those pesky resistance fighters. Can be declared twice.
Surrounded by a layer of ablative meat:You're the CO, you don't take bullets your troops take bullets for you. Cannot be killed at night while both of his Honor Guard troops are alive, lynching is fair game though.
Fire at will: For one night all your non-specialists will be able to kill one other person. Use with caution because your Honor Guard is reduced by one for the night.

The Exec(1)Elected: You ran for the top slot but couldn't cut it. But hey, being second in command has it's own perks.
You're all on KP duty!:When things get out of hand you can cancel a lynch and put everyone on KP duty for the remainder of the day. Can be used twice. If used during a double lynch only one of them is spared.
Surrounded by a layer of ablative meat:You're the CO, you don't take bullets your troops take bullets for you. Cannot be killed at night while both of his Honor Guard troops are alive, lynching is fair game though.
Burning through the ranks:If The Commander is killed You become The Commander with all the powers and responsibilities all one shot abilities are restored and can be used along with you're normal abilities.

The Tank(1): You're a bloody tank. No one takes you down on the first try and you kill people and break their stuff, with kiloton yields. You have two night lives every night (tanks can be repaired) and get one kill every night. Attacking the paranoid, being attacked by the Demolitions expert, or getting lynched is an instakill.

INFINTOPS(1): You're the intel guy, you've got dirt on almost everyone.
Background check: reveals whether someone is HUMBUG Infantry or an impostor. If used on the Downed Recon Pilot, it's an insta-capture. can be used twice
HEY THAT'S NOT YOUR UNIFORM!: can check the results of any vote to find out how many enemies voted.

Medic(2): You took and oath long ago to “Do no harm,” well at least not directly. You can protect one person a night, but you can't protect each other.

Black Ops (1): You are a black angel come from the heavens to bring fear to your enemies. You appear as a regular grunt to the Bug Man. You can kill anyone, anytime, but only once.

Paranoid (1): Gunfire, explosion and the muzak of the combat make you jumpy, really jumpy. You kill the first person that comes near you every night. The only exceptions are the Demolitions Expert and the Black Ops guy.

Quarter Master (1): You know people, people that do shady, but nowhere near treasonous things. You know the role of one of the infantry, you can completely trust this person.

Honor Guard (2): Your job is to take a bullet for the under-qualified, over-paid Brass. Sucks to be you.

Grunt (the rest of the lot): You stand at attention, get shot at, and lynch people to relieve the tedium. If you're lucky you live to fight another day. If you're really lucky you get to shoot back. If you're unlucky, well good luck being a human shield, hope you already got life insurance.

La Resistance!
VIVA LA REVOLUTION! You are tired of the way this way has brought out the worst in the government. Your solution? Rebel and establish a new government. or at least not get deaded. Your goal is to outnumber the HUMBUG Infantry, kill or capture the recon pilot, and kill the Black Marketeer and the Schlockinator.

Chief (1): You're tha big cheese of this group of misfits. You are cunning, your armed, and, most importantly, you've got cunning, dangerous friends to help you kill people and break stuff.
Smoke and mirrors: You can cancel one lynch, in the event of a double lynch, you cancel both of them. Can be used once.
Hard ball: You can arrange for someone break someone else's legs. This person can't do anything for two cycles. Passive abilities such as night lives and reflex killings still work. Does not work on the Tank. HE DRIVES A FRIGGIN' TANK!
Hiding in plain sight: You appear as a simple HUMBUG Infantryman. While in this state, you are immune from attacks.
Let's blow shit up: You appear as a resistance fighter. You can kill people and break their stuff. You can be attacked, but you can shoot back. triggered by A ) sending in a kill. B ) losing the rest of your team.

Demolitions Expert (1): You love your job, I mean REALLY love your job. You blow stuff up. You're also the only person that can one shot the tank. You can plant as many bombs and IDE's as you like, but you can have two in circulation. They explode on command or when you die. If a person with a bomb is killed, the bomb is gone. Poof, bye-bye. You can't blow up a bomb on the same night that you plant one, and you can only plant one bomb a night.

Bug Man (1): You're the electronics expert. You ride info currents as easily as you breath. This gives you some special abilities.
Ghost in the machine: You can gather clues to a person's true role, but only once. You can use this ability once every cycle, but be forewarned, they know you're out there.
Bug in the system: You're bugs are the best. You can get much better intel than the INFINTOPS guy, but at a price. While you can find out the true role of one person, you can only do it once. You can't use this on anyone who you have already used the GITM ability on.

Bob (2): Nondescript, uninteresting, unemotional, You can shoot an entire family in the face and not even flinch. You can kill once a night.

Neutral
You're not for any of the above sides. Your goals are all different but one thing's for sure, you REALLY wish th HUMBUG was dead dead DEAD!

The Recon Pilot (1): getting shot down sucks. Getting shot down while over a rinky dink planet sucks even more. And being behind enemy lines just seems par for the course. You want off this damn rock and the only way to do it is to find a smuggler. if your attacked at night by the tank at anytime, or by anyone else while searching for the Black Marketeer, you'll be captured instead of killed. The difference is that you can vote until the end of the game and are protected from further attacks. You just can't go anywhere. you can still be lynched though. If captured, the side that captures the Recon Pilot gets a boost during the next night or until the end of the game. Boosts include: Non-kill roles get a onetime chance to kill, Extra night life for kill roles. + 25% chance of survival, extra lynch cancel, extra Fire at Will, and extra shots on limited abilities for detectives.
Button up: You kill anyone who attacks you. It doesn't matter who and what manner. Unless it's the Tank then I guess it's a good thing you have a spare set of knickers.
Roll out:You're looking for the Black Marketeer. You pq the GM the person you're going to visit. If it is the Black Marketeer, yippee you're off this rock. If it isn't, well you just have to wait until tomorrow night. Since you listen before rushing in, you can't be killed by the paranoid.

The Black Marketeer (1): You look pretty and smile No one suspects you, but you deal in, ah, questionable items. Your goal is to live until the end of this whole mess. As a provider of cool, quasi-legal items you have a few tricks up your sleeve.
Harmless: you appear as a HUMBUG Infantryman to the INFINTOPS guy. You are immune from attack from the HUMBUG Infantry. You remain in this state until the recon pilot gets off world, dies, or is captured.
Mostly Harmless: You can now kill once per night, but you're also vulnerable to attack.
For a nominal fee: anyone can come to you for protection, but for a price. You can change the vote of anyone who seeks protection from you at any vote. However, you can only do this once per person and only once per vote. (You can't change seven people's votes on one vote, but you can change their votes over seven votes) Also you operate on a first come first serve basis.

Schlockinator (1): You burn your enemies to ash, then eat them. You love to kill and do it often. You have two night lives period. While you can be lynched, You can take one person down with you. you want to kill everyone except the Black Marketeer.

Narration
The tank driver lounged in her seat as the night wore on. It wasn't the difficulty of the assignment, it was the tedium that slowly ate at her sanity, that made her wish she was anywhere but here. She cocked an eyebrow as a something flitted across the view-screen for one of the exterior cameras The mics also picked up a popping noise. She frowned as she moved closer the screen, adjusting her crooked cap to give both eyes a better view of the screen. She again cocked her eyebrow as she saw more movement. She flipped on the speakers . The motion caused her cap to go crooked again and she let out a sigh of annoyance.
“WELCOME TO YOUR DEATH! YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO SHOW YOUR SELF!” Her voice boomed over the speakers.
The massage echoed for a bit and she heard laughing. The son-of-a-bitch was laughing at her! She muttered for him to keep it up, he was a dead man now.
“Gotcha!” she said to her quarry, who couldn't hear her now.
There was silence.
Then the clearing went up with the sounds and sights of now less than six auto-turrets opening up at the intruder.
“HOW D'YA LIKE THAT?!? EAT HOT LEAD YOU SONUVABITCH!” She bellowed into the mic for the speakers.
She ceased the assault once she was she he was dead. She prepared to return to the tedium of her assignment when a loud, almost deafening, clang rang through the hull.
“IT'S GONNA TAKE MORE THAN THAT, YOU BASTARD!” she yelled at her unseen, but still living attacker.
“I know,” said a gravelly voice through the popping of static over the radio, “enjoy the last few minutes of your life,” he finished rather cheerfully.
The tank driver's eyes went wide as she scrambled for the ejection handle between her legs. She found it and gave a mighty yank.
There was the popping of circuits, and distressingly, no sign of the popping of explosive bolts.
“GOD DAMN WHO EVER TESTED THIS PIECE OF SHI–”

Niccea the Tank has been roasted by a plasma charge.

Clues:

Popping: the first page of DoaMP has me pulling a party popper.
Cocked eyebrow: In my avi
Crooked hat: Again in my avi

Narrations will be at 19:00 CDT unless stated otherwise. (that's 0:00 GMT) actions end an hour before that.

Clues will come from profiles, comic thumbnails, friends, the first few pages of any comic, favorites, and avatars. They will be hard (as hard as I can make them anyway) and they will be attached to any action. Killings and protections being the most obvious.

I will also incorporate any zany, crazy, inane, asinine, and otherwise weird request you may have into the narrations, if I can.

First person to submit an action or vote each cycle gets to request a drawing, which will be displayed in the next narration.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Product Placement at 7:18PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Wow! What's up with all the space themed games?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 7:25PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Wow! What's up with all the space themed games?
Because I suggested it first and everyone has to be a copy cat.
RAGE!
Mettaur at 7:41PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
I'm not a copy-cat! I didn't even think of yours when I thought up mine! It was thought by me, and PP, and I thought the thing up in 27 secs!
crocty at 7:52PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
tl;dr, someone explain for me who is and who isn't doing a recruitment game with new rules that hurt my head.
Seriously heaven and hell was the eptiome of migraine. Though I appreciate it's nice to try new things, I tried them, I did not like them, I wish not to try them again.
But I'd vote for someone keeping it simple :D
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Mettaur at 8:04PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
I have a very, very simple recruitment game. :D
Product Placement at 8:05PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
I'm running a game that's exactly like a classic game except there's no election on the first day. Bodyguards work like the paramedics usually do and instead paramedics can revive people. Also, if the lynch results in a tie, the town will have a big fight about it.

Mettaur is running a alien invasion theme, recruiting style game.

Seventy2 is also running a alien invasion theme gamed but this one looks like a classic game with altered/renamed roles

Salsa is running a space themed game with some heavily modified/renamed roles.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 8:13PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
I'm running a game that's exactly like a classic game except there's no election on the first day. Bodyguards work like the paramedics usually do and instead paramedics can revive people. Also, if the lynch results in a tie, the town will have a big fight about it.

Mettaur is running a alien invasion theme, recruiting style game.

Seventy2 is also running a alien invasion theme gamed but this one looks like a classic game with altered/renamed roles

Salsa is running a space themed game with some heavily modified/renamed roles.

Meh, At least I got rid of the Lynch switch.
RAGE!
jninjashadow at 8:39PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Mafia XXXII: Cloak, Dagger, and 20-Some Stabs in the Back

The Background: After a spontaneous war hit Townston, the population took the life of soldiers to protect what was there's. They failed. Most of the town was destroyed, especially the entire business sector. With the town without business, the residents grew desperate, until one person thought up the money making town saver: Mercenaries. It was obvious, everyone had war training and weapons, why not use them?
When everyone decided to become a gun for hire, it was suggested that a few rules be set up, because letting loose a town full of gun toting killers would be dangerous otherwise. Thus the Townston Assassin's Guild, or TAG, was established. Unfortunately, Townston is full of rivalries and people who genuinely hate each other; Zeph and Hark, Kroatz and Mett, Rokulily and 1337, Salsa and Murphy's law, the list goes on. With a town barely containing these ticking time bombs, all it would take is one spark to cause bloodshed… or a race…

The mission: Some bored thrill seeking, billionaire, nut case has put a hit on himself and is now running about Townston like a chicken with its head blown off. He has submitted this hit to the WHOLE of TAG and is now daring them to be the first to take him down… or be the only guild member left. Winner gets his unbelievable fortune. The game's half way between a race and last man standing. There is no set teams, no GM match ups. You are free to make and break alliances as you see fit. Further, there are two ways to win; kill the socialite or kill everyone else. Because this is a tile game, I am resurrecting the “one unique role per person” style that debuted with the original tile system. In fact, I'm writing up roles EXCLUSIVE to our residents! All with stats and abilities related to the person in general. The game will be broken up into two phases, combat and resting each to be explained later.

The 2-Day catch: A little secret to be revealed if I win. This will add a sense of urgency to the game as well a preventive measure from the guild reforming to bring this guy down. And relax, it isn't “You only have two days to catch me before I'm gone”. No, the surprise is much more interesting than that.

Combat: Here is how combat will work in the game. Every player's unique role will have a stat line with Strength (the damage you do), Toughness (the damage you absorb), Wounds (how much damage you can take), and Initiative (the speed in which you dish out damage). The basic sat line is S3 T4 W5 I3 plus an ability that may affect these under certain circumstances. Combat works like so; everyone gets one attack at each enemy on the tile, highest initiative strikes first. Damage is dealt onto the victim by the GM (me) first rolling a D6 (six sided dice), adding that to the strength of the attacker, then subtracting the targets toughness from the total. If the remaining number is higher than zero, the target loses that many wounds. Reach 0 you die. Example Jimmy Everyplayer (S3 T4 W5 I3) walks onto a tile with Tommy Gunnadie (S7 T4 W5 I1). Jimmy has higher initiative so he strikes first. A 6 is rolled for his attack so his total is 3 + 6 - 4 = 5. Jimmy has killed Tommy. See how this works?

Phases: There is the Rest phase and the Combat phase. In the rest phase, you make your alliances (Through the GM) and you recover D3 wounds (roll a D6, divide result by 2, round up) if damaged. In the Combat phase, you pick a tile and fight any enemy who picked likewise. When you pick a tile, you can either Fight or Hide. If you fight, you use your regular stat line, if you Hide, you get +1 toughness but you strike last (note, two hiding people will not fight each other). Whilst hiding, you may find discarded weapons, armour fragments or health kits to increase your stats.

Alliances: As I said, you can make alliances during the rest phase. Send the invitation via the GM and you will be told whether they accepted or not. If they did, you won't attack each other. You can tell the GM if you want to break an alliance as well (even when you just made it). If you do so, you will attack your former comrade if you see them (if you run into them the night you break the alliance, you auto strike first regardless of initiative). If two people back stab each other, they strike at initiative, but will be consumed with their in-fighting and thus only attack each other (their personal combat will still happen before anyone else happens upon the distracted lot). Certain people will work well in groups, others don't. Make your alliances carefully.

Ethics: You will be given one of three ethics with your role; Scum, By the Book, or Guild's Honour. With scum you get a +1S bonus for back stabbing, with By the Book you get a 50% chance of predicting a backstabbing (if passed, the stike first rule is negated) and with Guild's Honour you get +1T while siding with someone (the bonus remains up till the end of the combat phase they died/ back stab you).

Sample Role: As said in the beginning each player will have a personal role made exclusively for them. This role is based of titles, habits, general recurences, and jobs (well Townston jobs any way ie Rokulily the baker). EX:
Name: Jninjashadow
Alias: Silent Belch
Weapons: Riot Gun, Sledgehammer, Molotov Cocktails
Stats: S3 T4 W6 I2
Ability- Drunk Stupor: So drunk are you that if you are killed by another player, you won't notice until after you've attacked him. You still get an attack off against your killer if he strikes you down before you attack. Doesn't work if he takes all your Wounds off in one blow (IE you lose all six wounds in one shot) because such a strike would obliterate you.

I know that's a lot to absorb, but trust me, I put a lot of thought into this. I am fully open to suggestions for how to improve the game. Seriously, if you see a loop hole tell me.

Narration:
Combat Phase 3
Niccea ran at full stride. Another fire ball whizzed by her head, igniting a near by tree. The tree was then reduced to saw dust by a blast from a gun. The taller of Niccea's pursuers laughed at the flaming shrapnel, the shorter simply glared at his accomplice for the waste of ammo. The taller took notice of the glare, “Oh calm down. She can't keep running like this for long, so why can't I have fun?” The tall one said. He let a large smile creep up his face, and as he turned his head light gleamed of his glassy eyes, “We'll get her, and oh the fun to be had when we do”. Niccea knew the tall man was right. She had to find someplace to hide, somewhere she could get an advantage from. Then she saw the Vault's door. Surely there would be a great place to strike back! Niccea tapped in Mett's vault code as chunks of cement danced around her. Luckily for her, Mett was never secret about the vault's code because her pursuers were getting more accurate by the second.
She Quickly shut the vault door and set the lock. She sighed in relief and collapsed against it. The front door was impenetrable when locked. As she opened her eyes, she saw the barrel of a shot gun pointed at her, along side a burning hand. “Did you honestly think that was the only way in?” the smaller one asked.
Niccea was stunned. She had. The tall one laughed triumphantly, “Ta-ta popit!” Niccea screamed in defiance and thrust a dagger into the tall one's gut. Caught off guard he doubled over, Niccea took the opportunity to hurl a knife at the short one. He blocked it with ease. Niccea reached for another knife when she ralized her last was in the big ones bloody palm, “Oh, now, you are going to suffer” He hissed. His accomplice lit afire the tall one's hands. He gabbed Niccea's forehead with his blazing palm. The firs spread from him to her, and Niccea screamed in pain. The tall one stood glaring down as the magical fire burnt her away to ashes.
Anyone else smell barbe… oh right… Niccea…
The small one whistled, “And to think, this all started with you 'n me wanting to open a pizzaria.”

Clue breakdown:
Tall Man (me):
“his head light gleamed of his glassy eyes” = Monocle
“the barrel of a shot gun” = Above profile says I got a shotty
“The tall one stood glaring down” = My profile's glaring
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Mettaur at 8:46PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
I still think it would have been a good idea, opening that pizzaria.
Product Placement at 9:41PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Huge Godfather update:

I'm thinking about granting the Godfather an additional power.

Introducing:
You may be of some use to me:
The godfather can turn one of the villagers into a made man, causing him to become a member of the mafia. The villager has to be a willing applicant and thus can not be changed into a mafia member without his permission. This will alter his alignment, turning him into a criminal, and thus he needs to be lynched/killed in order for the town to win. This will not alter the role of the player in any way and he will still have access to his original powers. This power can only be used once.

So… how overpowered did I just make the mafia with this installment? Is this something people are interested in? There was a discussion a long while back about allowing the mafia to recruit players.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 9:50PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
@Mett: it's not like we'd have much competition
@PP: I'd say do it. Sounds neat.
crocty at 9:54PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Product Placement
Huge Godfather update:

I'm thinking about granting the Godfather an additional power.

Introducing:
You may be of some use to me:
The godfather can turn one of the villagers into a made man, causing him to become a member of the mafia. The villager has to be a willing applicant and thus can not be changed into a mafia member without his permission. This will alter his alignment, turning him into a criminal, and thus he needs to be lynched/killed in order for the town to win. This will not alter the role of the player in any way and he will still have access to his original powers. This power can only be used once.

So… how overpowered did I just make the mafia with this installment? Is this something people are interested in? There was a discussion a long while back about allowing the mafia to recruit players.
It was used in early games. I liked it, it was interesting.
I think the first game I was in, we tried to recruit skool, but she was all “No.” Total lamer…
But yeah it's good seeing as though most townies tend to betray the town without the role change. But it's just an allegiance change and doesn't make them get a killing role? So that should be fine.

I think PP should be GM, he never gets to be it, so he should get a chance!
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Product Placement at 9:59PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Allrighty then. I'm installing it into my game concept.
crocty
ABOUT TIME SOMEONE NOTICED!
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
jninjashadow at 10:01PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
“This is grounds for torture, you fiend!” yelled Salsa out loud. “Don't you have any drinks that cause deafness?”
“I've been looking up a recipe for one for the past half hour” replied Jninjashadow in a fit of panic as he shuffled through his drink recipe books.
FOUND IT!… oh… Almighty then.Um anyone still want a “Mett-Mencer-Maru Sunrise”*?
*Man a my word
Salsa at 10:06PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
jninjashadow
Product Placement
“This is grounds for torture, you fiend!” yelled Salsa out loud. “Don't you have any drinks that cause deafness?”
“I've been looking up a recipe for one for the past half hour” replied Jninjashadow in a fit of panic as he shuffled through his drink recipe books.
FOUND IT!… oh… Almighty then.Um anyone still want a “Mett-Mencer-Maru Sunrise”*?
*Man a my word

Yeah if it'll get that damn song outta my head.

PP: I'm Glad I read Your narration, see my response in the current game's thread.
RAGE!
Mettaur at 10:35PM, July 18, 2010
(offline)
Need to lose your senses for 8-12 hours? Try Mett's Waster! It's a bit if everything at the bar mized together, with a few mana potions mixed in!
Product Placement at 10:47PM, July 18, 2010
(online)
Salsa
PP: I'm Glad I read Your narration, see my response in the current game's thread.
I don't see it (and I looked through page 29 and 30 (damn that game has allot of pages)). Are you still writing it?

P.S. Are you glad enough to give me a vote?

Edit: Ah. There it is.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Kroatz at 12:59AM, July 19, 2010
(online)
So far I think PP gets my vote.
I think the next game I'll try to host another game myself:
MAFIA: Marvel vs. DC

Everyone would get powers.
Superpowers.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
seventy2 at 2:34AM, July 19, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Allrighty then. I'm installing it into my game concept.
crocty
ABOUT TIME SOMEONE NOTICED!

i think i notice some sarcasm.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
jninjashadow at 3:36AM, July 19, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
So far I think PP gets my vote.
I think the next game I'll try to host another game myself:
MAFIA: Marvel vs. DC

Everyone would get powers.
Superpowers.
Once played a mafia game with my friends. GM made a superhero theme. It was an utter failure.
Niccea at 6:22AM, July 19, 2010
(offline)
I think you guys are having waaay to much fun killing me off. I'm not that bad a GM am I?
Mettaur at 6:45AM, July 19, 2010
(offline)
You were good, but you are the ultimate veterean. It's fun killing the best of us.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon