Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Mafia XXXIII Sign up thread
same at 5:39AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
Mafia: XXXIII: Back in business.

Image by Kroatz. Everyone thank Kroatz.

For those of you unfamiliar with how mafia works, it's an RP style game where a group of townies get together and try to root out the mafia elements that have infiltrated town, and the mafia of course try to kill them before they do. Whenever someone kills, clues are left in the narrative pointing to them. Clues can be based on your comic, your avatar, your profile message, and it's up to the townies to figure these clues out and lynch the mafia.

The rules for the game are as follows;

1. All official actions in game must be PQ'd to the GM (that's me) to be counted as valid.

2. Please do not deadtalk. If you died in the game, alas you are dead. Don't tell game information to other alive players.

3. Feel free to share the results of PQ's I send you, but do not post them in the actual forum.

4. Each day cycle will begin with a narrative summarizing the actions during the night. A clue will point to ALL actions that have transpired in the night.

5. Actions are resolved on a first come first serve basis. (Example: Mafia sends in a kill for the vigilante. Vigilante later sends in a kill for the Paramedic. Vigilante will die before he can make the kill.) This is explained further in the phase part of this post.

6. If your hit is preempted by someone else(ie, someone else kills your target before you do) I will not notify you of this.

7. This game is bassed around the PQ system so if you are under 13 you wont be accepted. Please don't sign up if so. Sorry.

As this is a webcomic forum, if you are campaigning for the position of mayor I will give one bonus vote to you if you draw your campaign in comic form.

A regular game based on the original rules. Roles taken from PP's back to the basics.

For years (About 2 of them) the Mafia have been terrorising Townston. Things have been quiet recently. With the death of the last don the mafia have been quiet. A new Don has been seated as the leader of the mafia, bringing his fat cat to the seat with him.

Roles:

With 19 players, the number of starting roles will be:

PRO TOWN:
1 Detective
1 Vigilante
2 Paramedic
1 Paranoid
1 Veteran
7 Townie

Criminals:
Mafia:
1 Godfather
1 Mad Hatter
3 Hitman
Serial Killers:
1 Psychopath

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many criminals voted in it. This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad hatter loses that bomb. That bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who the Mad Hatter might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb already planted, it will be discovered.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to be the last people standing or cause as much chaos as possible.

Psychopath
If it moves, you kill it. If it's standing still, you shake it so it moves and then you kill it. You love the smell, taste and texture of a blood. Your epiphany is the sound of a screaming victim. In short, you're not right in the head. Each night you must kill someone of your choice to satisfy your blood lust. Leave none left standing.

I will stop accepting actions at 9 pm GMT and I will post the narrations at 10 pm GMT

An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

I think thats everything.

Them people what signed up:

Jninjashadow the town drunk
Product Placement the game master
I am the 1337 master The Goddamn Batman
shirkersama
The Flying Green Monkey Mr Lotsa Titles
Harkovast Pusher of fur and pointer of fingers.
Alwinbot
Kroatz
Hakoshen the spartan
Crocty Tne usual suspect
seventy2
salsaThe luckless
RokulilyThe minister of cuteness
Niccea the great deceiver and keeper of records
Plague Doctor
Mettaur The atomic Mirelurk
Maru The last Rager
Random Dude Person
Anthony Mercer the emotional lurker
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
jninjashadow at 6:38AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
Sign me up good sir! Huzzah, first!
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Product Placement at 10:18AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
*Obligatory sign up*
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 10:23AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
up sign.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
shirkersama at 11:13AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
I'm in.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 11:42AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
Oh, give me the role Same and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your game and RPing
And drift away.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
harkovast at 11:48AM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
Mafia? Sounds pretty silly to me. I cant believe people would waste time on such nonsense.
But I guess I can give it a shot.
Just this once.
Sign me up!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:44PM
alwinbot at 12:48PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
/in.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Kroatz at 12:56PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
Just one word:
I'm fucking in.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Hakoshen at 1:40PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
If mafia is back, then so am I!
God needed the Devil, the Beatles needed the Rolling Stones, Hakoshen needs me.
I'm the enemy he requires to define him.
Soon or later, he'll bring me back to life again for another epic encounter of shouting about power levels and grimacing.
-Harkovast
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Anthony Mercer at 2:45PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
I think whoever does the banner should incorporate that sign-up guy into it. Also, I'm in.
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
crocty at 3:05PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
I've got to sign up.

I'VE GOT TO.

>8(
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
seventy2 at 5:14PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(online)
twelvth.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Salsa at 7:38PM, Aug. 25, 2010
(offline)
I'm in.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
rokulily at 8:51AM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
… i'm in.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:09PM
Anthony Mercer at 11:26AM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Turns out I can't be in it - I'm gonna be away for a few days. This will be the first one I wasn't in since I started playing way back in Mafia XI. I've played for 22 games in a row, and after a while I even started surviving some of them! In closing, my favourite game was the first Monster Mash. 'Bye! See you in Mafia XXXIV!
Kroatz at 11:49AM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)

- Albert Einstein
I Am The 1337 Master at 1:22PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(offline)
^

YAY! I'M FLYING!

But can we please light Roku's place…or just roku…on fire?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Anthony Mercer at 1:58PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Kroatz

Awww… I think that's the first time I've been in a game banner (not counting drawings during the game), and I'm not even playing… we'll just assume I'm continuing to fly above the town throughout the game.

P.S. My avatar is Homsar from Homestar Runner.
seventy2 at 4:00PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
i figured twelfth would be an understanding that i'm volunteering for the reckoning of townston.
———-

lulz, i'm a street address.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
jninjashadow at 4:07PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Hey Kroatz… why am I pitch black?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:45PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
Explosion caused you to be covered in soot.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Kroatz at 5:17PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
jninjashadow
Explosion caused you to be covered in soot.
Yeah, that was what I was trying to convey. The same thing happened to Mettaur, in the background.

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 6:40PM, Aug. 26, 2010
(online)
Ah now I see it.
Niccea at 7:11AM, Aug. 27, 2010
(offline)
Sign me up, Scotty.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Product Placement at 1:57PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
Am I also covered in soot or is it just that I'm the embodiment of all that is evil?

…Cause damn, do I look creepy.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
Plague Doctor at 2:17PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(offline)
Sign me up too =)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM
Kroatz at 5:08PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
Am I also covered in soot or is it just that I'm the embodiment of all that is evil?

…Cause damn, do I look creepy.
That's just because you're evil and it was too difficult to draw details.

And may I be the first to welcome Plague Doctor?

Welcome.

- Albert Einstein
Salsa at 5:29PM, Aug. 27, 2010
(offline)
Yes, Welcome to the game that Exemplifies Chronic Back Stabbing Disorder.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Mettaur at 9:44AM, Aug. 28, 2010
(offline)
pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease tell me I'm not late! Sign me up if the time isn't up already, my computer blocks this so much I had to find my phone to sign up. So, am I late? No? Ah, I am in a banner once again! I truly feel at home in Mafia Games now! Oh, and thanks fer puttin me in the banner Kroatz, so are we enemies or not? It's hard to tell sometimes.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon