MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXIV GM election thread
same at 6:08PM, Sept. 7, 2010
(online)
Since my (terrible) game is now over its time to pass on the sacred title of GM to another. So get to work both potential GM's and voters.

Rules and Conditions.

Veteran players only.
The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs. Therefore we require that the applicant has played the game at least twice

No encore performance.
As the current GM, it is up to me to pass the title to someone new. Once you're done running a game, you will also be expected to give someone else a chance. Don't start a new game. Instead you will run an election like this one where we pick a new GM. Also, you can't be a candidate yourself. This will ensure that we get new blood into the game and that the rules are regularly picked at from a different perspective. GMs from older games are free to run again and are encouraged to do so. Who knows? If they were good enough, people will flock to play their game again.

Explain your goal.
What do you plan to do as the new GM? Are you going to run a standard Mafia game? If so, will you change the rules/roles and/or introduce new ones? Are you perhaps gonna play a game with a different theme? Reverse Mafia perhaps or maybe zombie apocalypse? If so explain the new structure of the game. Changing the formula is OK. It happens in almost every game. Just be careful not to introduce a change so radical that it could scare people away from voting you. You can discuss rule changes and different themes here to see if people would like it.

Pick a schedule and stick with it It is important that the GM is punctual in maintaining the game. Do you plan to post narrations every 24 hours at a specific time? If so, make sure that you'll be here to on time to do so. If something comes up that would force you to be early or late, post a warning to let people know with an explanation. It's encouraged that you run the game using GMT timezone schedule since the players hail from all over the world, spanning different time zones and a GMT conversion table is the easiest one for everyone to access. If you plan on using a different time zone schedule like an American one, Make sure you advertise it well and post an appropriate conversion table for everyone to access.
An example of a GMT conversion table:

“Here's how it works. Figure out where in the world you live and locate that place on the map. Follow the line you're living in down to the bottom of the map and locate a number down there. Use that number to change the time that the GM gives (as long as he's using GMT, that is). For example, if the GM says that something will happen at 6 pm and your living in a -5 zone, it means that it will happen at 1 pm, your time. If you live in a +5 zone, it means that it will happen at 11pm.”

Also for those living in America, here's a handy time table to show you at what time you can expect the narrations.

Show us your stuff The GM is expected to write narrations to explain what's going on throughout the game. A good writer can make the game come alive and encourage players to come back to read what's going on. Show us your stuff and create a scenario where YOU(the applicant) kill ME (the election holder). In this narration it is important that you do not directly tell us that it was you who committed the crime but instead leave a clue that's based on your name, avatar, signature, profile, comic(if you have any), something that can link you to the crime. Try making a link to you that can be figured out with some research, while at the same time is not blatantly obvious. You can throw in red herrings but please refrain from directly connecting the herrings to innocents. Make them instead vague things that could point at many people. Finally, be creative, funny, dramatic, brutal, serious, descriptive, vague, long winded or short and to the point. Pick the style you feel comfortable with and would like to use. Impress us with what you can do. At the end of the narration post an explanation that shows people how the clues link to you so that we can understand your logic.

I'll be posting the applicants sample narrations in the second post for people to quickly read through. Once we have enough applications I will announce when it's time to vote for your favorite GM. Applicants do not need to vote since it's given that they'll be voting for themselves. Although if they wish to vote for someone else, they can do so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
same at 6:10PM, Sept. 7, 2010
(online)
reserved
Mettaur at 6:39PM, Sept. 7, 2010
(offline)
Reserved for da Paramedic's storay! This game is special, because if the first day you don't like yer role, put it in the lotto!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
jninjashadow at 7:01PM, Sept. 7, 2010
(online)
Behold the by product of a nerd-joy and an odd converstion with Same:
Mafia XXXIV: Pallet Townston
The Pokeworld: Welcome to the world of Pokemon. In this world exist creatures called Pokemon! They help in everything from labour, to companionship, to even defence because we are human. We have thumbs. We dominate nature dammit! Anyway, far off in the continent of Kanto exists the small town of Pallet Townston, not to be confused with Pallet Town. EVER. Such a town was out of the way, and ignored. It was failing in its economy. Then an idea was hatched. The residents would register their town by getting a Poke-Gym installed in their town! And thus it was done, The Pallet Townston Gym was constructed, and soon the town would flood with trainers,… and Team Rocket!

Game Changes: Names, no more Paranoid, Pokemon, Anyone Can Fight, Decent Trainer
-Names: Just Keep reading, you'll figure it out.
-No more Paranoid: I have a good reason, you'll see.
-Pokemon: The theme of the game. Every town member can pick a Pokemon (no legendary, only gens 1 and 2 please ). Those who go out and attack at night do so with their Pokemon. If they attack someone whose Pokemon has a type advantage over the attacker, its the equivalent to attacking a Paranoid (aka the attacker dies). Clues will hint to the attacking trainer AND their Pokemon.
-Anyone Can Fight: Everyone has Pokemon, so you can go out and fight, but the risk is that you can still peg your weakness, so fight with some reservation.
-Decent Trainer: If you have more than one Pokemon, you have an advantage as a trainer. If your opponent has your weakness, but your other Pokemon is the opponents weakness, the battle will be a draw (aka rock paper scissors, but with another hand).

Roles:
1 Gym Leader
1 Gym Know-It-All
2 Gym Trainers
2 Poke-Centre Attendants
1 Officer
1 Cool Trainer
1 Old Trainer
X Basic Trainer

1 Rocket Administrator
(3-4) Grunts
1 Scientist

1 PKMN Trainer Red

Elected Gym Leader: “Welcome to the Pallet Townston Gym! Prepare to be sent home!”
-Preliminary Battle: Immediately after being elected, you can select another trainer to have their ass handed to them by a very confident new leader. You have one hour after to choose, and there are no ifs, ands or buts, that trainers gunna be GONE (aka insta-lynch).
-Gym Badge: for lynches your vote counts as two.
-Gym Specialty: Every gym has a specialty, and lamentably, its never a secret. Your Pokemon will be made public.
-Gym Trainers: Every gym has a pair of trainers that pretty much sits about waiting to challenge those who wish to fight the leader. You will get two, and you will know their identities and Pokemon. See gym trainer rules.
-Like a Gym Leader: Being the Gym Leaders a big task, as such, you need to have some power to your name. You get to have your number of Pokemon pumped up to three Take that Brock (remember though, they will still be made public).

Elected Gym Know-It-All: “Hey champ in the making!”
-League Rule blank subsection x: Twice a game you can flip through your handy know-it-all book and find a rule to save someone from a lynching.
-Gym Trainers: Every gym has a pair of trainers that pretty much sits about waiting to challenge those who wish to fight the leader. See gym trainer rules.

Townies
Gym Trainers: “You're light years away from fighting the Leader!”
-Hey, you gotta fight me first!: The gym leader can't be beat while there are still trainers blocking the path. No attacks can be made against the Gym Leader or Gym Know-It-All while the Gym Trainers are alive.

Poke-Centre Attendant: “Welcome to the Pokemon Centre!”
- Would you like us to heal your Pokemon?: You can select a trainer to take care of. For the night, they are safe from being killed unless the attackers outnumber the defenders.

Officer: “Stop right there!”
-Oder Sleuth: You can track criminals with incredible skill. Once per day, you may ask the GM ether if someone is a pro/ anti townie or if someone was involved in a crime. In ether case, the question must be a yes or no question.
-Rockets Machines!: Once per game, you can check the results of an election. You will see who the criminals voted for, but not who the criminals are.

Cool Trainer: “Our eyes have met. BATTLE ME BISH!”
-Two Pokemon: You are a tad better than your average trainer, so you can pick two Pokemon.

Old Trainer: “I've had my Cappuccino, let me show you how to catch Pokemon!”
-Two Pokemon: You are a tad better than your average trainer, so you can pick two Pokemon.
-Revive: One have a Revive in your inventory, because you know the value of such items. You have a second night life if you Pokemon go down.

Basic Trainer: “MY RATTATTA IS SOOOOO COOL!”
You got nuthin' special. But hey, least this time round you can fight!

Team Rocket: This ain't the “beaten by a ten-year old” Rocket. This is the “We killed Cubone's mom and LAUGHED!” Rocket. Prepare for some trouble, and best make it double.
-All Rocket members know each other and each others Pokemon

Rocket Administrator: “You're a real thorn in our side, ten-year old child.”
-Evil Machine: Once per game, you can cancel a lynch with use of your Team Rocket devices.
-Don't have time for you: While there are still grunts running about, you won't need to waste time with the riff-raff. You can't be targeted by attacks while there are still grunts, and as long as you don't go fighting, you will appear as a townie. Note, if your the last Rocket, this power is lost.
-Like a Boss: Your high up on the Rocket chain of command. You get three Pokemon.
-Insubordination: If any of the Grunts cause problems, you can bring them into line. You are the only Rocket that can kill other Rockets.

Grunt: “Hey kid, what'cha think you're doing here?”
The Rocket Grunts. You're Poke-murdering criminals, so go kill some punks and take this dead beat town! Also, you guys have two Pokemon each.

Scientist: “Fufufufu… Did you know ANYTHING can learn self-destruct?”
Self-Destruct: You happen to have several specially trained Rattatta whose only purpose is to find someplace good to hide, then use self-destruct. You can send out one Rattatta per night, to a total of two active. One night after the individuals placement, it can be detonated. If you are killed, you dead man's trigger gets all your Rattatta's to go off.

Trainer Red: The kid what beat Rocket the first time. Who knows if you've come for the Gym, or to finish off these troublesome criminals? What is known, is that you are obsessed with fights.
PKMN Trainer Red: “…………………….”
-League Champ: You have three of your best Pokemon with you. You get to pick Three Pokemon.

Narration:
Same gripped his Pokeball tightly. He could almost FEEL his Pokemon's anticipation. He could see his opponent now, a faceless rocket grunt shouting about some such nonsense. Same charged with a quick leap. “GO CHARIZARD!”
With a white flash the beast emerged with a roar. The Rocket grunt seemed unmoved, almost cynical.
“That it? Just one? BISH PREPARE TO GET ROCKETED!” With his shout, the Rocket grunt through two Pokeballs, one releasing a grim, purple shadow of a Pokemon and the other a ferocious blue lizard.
“Charazard, use-” Same was cut off mid-sentence by the louder grunt.
“HYPNOSIS!” On his command, the shadow unleashed a evil attack. The Charizard slopped the ground face first, presenting Same with a very unpleasant sight.
“Oh God, weak!” he screamed. The Rocket grunt still seemed indifferent.
“Now, Dream Eat his dumb ass” the grunt commanded, his eye flashed with malevolence. The shadow smiled gleefully as it inhaled the Charzard's dream. Same quickly grew pissed.
“USELESS BEAST” He roared throwing a rock at his own Pokemon, miraculously waking it. “FINALLY! FIRE BLAST THAT MOTHERFU-” once again he was cut off.
“HYDRO CANNON!” the grunt shouted to his blue lizard.
Same's eyes widened “Oh you cheap sonuva-” the fire blast evaporated and the Charizard was flung straight into Same. The raw force of the water stream blasted the two of them into a building, crushing Same like a small woodland creature beneath a tire.
“And that's how you get Rocketed BISH!”
Same should have trained before he leaped

clues:
To Grunt:
“shouting about some such nonsense.” I rant and my avi involves me shouting
“The Rocket grunt seemed unmoved, almost cynical.” Again my avi seems indifferent
“the grunt commanded, his eye flashed with malevolence.” Monocle

His Pokemon:
“one releasing a grim, purple shadow of a Pokemon”
“HYPNOSIS!”/ “Now, Dream Eat his dumb ass” His first Pokemon is obviously a ghost (specifically Haunter)

“the other a ferocious blue lizard”
“HYDRO CANNON!”: A water Pokemon (specifically Feraligator)
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
seventy2 at 7:03PM, Sept. 7, 2010
(online)
i want to run so bad, but i'm not going to have the time for the next 30 days.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:54PM, Sept. 7, 2010
(online)
seventy2
i want to run so bad, but i'm not going to have the time for the next 30 days.
I to am busy. Starting my junior year at a four year university.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Kroatz at 1:46AM, Sept. 8, 2010
(online)
I'll run. Marvel vs DC.
Everyone has powers, only some have killing powers. Rules will be the same as a standard game, roles will be created later, so that everyone can give me heroes/villains they'd like.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Kroatz at 12:22PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(online)

Mafia XXXIV: Marvel vs. DC.

This will be a semi-standard game. All hero's will be replaced with characters that have powers. The Mafia (DC) will also be slightly bigger, depending on the number of players.

Cycles will usually end at 11PM GMT.

MARVEL ROLES
These are the set roles, all Marvel hero roles will have powers.
The Marvel’s win condition is to find and kill all DC's.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Director
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Director: Increased vote count of 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double lynches are in effect each player still gets one vote.
Flunkie, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are alive. Only the Director will know who the agents are.
Preventing disaster: On Day One, the newly elected Director can declare an insta-lynch.

S.W.O.R.D. Director
As a check and balance to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, the S.W.O.R.D. Director is the runner up to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director. He has the protection of the very same S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself, he may however pardon two people at the same time.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
Random townies will receive the role of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent once the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director and S.W.O.R.D. Director have been elected. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Director alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard can not be a DC, he can only be a Marvel.

Dark Avenger (Punisher/Wolverine/Deadpool)
You are the Dark Avengers of New Townston. Masked men who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a DC. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a Marvel.

Healers (Doctor Strange/Healer)
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Diamond Skins (Luke Cage/Colossus)
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Goblin (Green Goblin, Grey Goblin, Hob Goblin)
While still a Marvel, the Goblin is the craziest SOB alive, anyone coming in contact with him at night in any way will die, whether it be Marvel or DC (such as a healer opting to protect him). The Goblin is unable to NOT, maim, mutilate, punch, bite and/or spit but will only kill the first person to target him. The Goblin due to his disorder, thinks he is just a regular Marvel. And he wil have an extra power as well.

Spy (Black Widow/Richard Parker)
The spy has three abilities he may use. He has the ability to ask me whether or not a specific person committed the murder and get a yes/no answer. He has the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what alignment a person is. And for the last ability he may ask me how many DC voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on Directoral election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You cannot ask about both people in office.

Marvel
You are a dedicated Marvel! You have various (Mostly useless) powers, you also participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

DC ROLES
The DC’s win condition is to kill all Marvel's. Unlike Marvel's, all DC know who each other are. With the exception of Firefly and Joker, all DC criminals can kill once per night cycle. A DC cannot kill a DC however.

Joker
The Joker has the special ability of being able to leave calling cards in the target's house. In addition, he has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of the DC are already dead. The Joker will appear to be a Marvel to any spy. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Firefly
The Firefly’s special ability is to burn three homes throughout the whole game of three specific Marvels. He may choose when the houses burn. Should Firefly die, the houses all burn down. Those whom he planted a firebomb with will die as well. He can also detonate a firebomb whenever he sees fit, including during the day. (A clue will be left.) If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.
All three bombs can be into play during the same time, you can however only plant one firebomb at a time.

DC
You are a regular DC member. You get to kill someone in the face every night cycle. You will also have aditional (useless) powers.

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by your own rules and have your own win conditions.

Dark Horse (Star Wars/Hellboy/The Goon)
You are neither Marvel nor DC. You may kill whomever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the Marvels to win, you must be dead. An added power is that you will not leave clues about yourself, but of a person of your choosing.

Narration:

Spider-man was once more swinging his way through the big city. Just minutes ago he had stopped a carcrash and saved eight lives. He was also a bit hungry and stole a pizza from a boy that looked like he REALLY didn't need more pizza. After landing on his roof Spiderman took of his mask, revealing a girl, with ears way too big to really fit into the mask. As she made her way to the kitchen, to reheat the slice of heaven she took, she at first did´t notice the mess her apartment was. Exactly half her couch was ripped apart, half her tv was covered in paint and half her silverware was bent into quite funny shapes. There were a few houses, a bull and strangely enough a quite detailed spoon, made from to forks.
From the shadows a man came walking up to her, the left side of his face covered in darkness, the right one too. So you couldn´t really see his face.
“Heads, you live.”
Spider-man looked behind her, staring him right into his broken face.
“Tails. Not so lucky.”
“Don't hurt me, I'm a hero!” Spider-Niccea screamed.
“I don't think that's where your powers lie.” Two Face responded.
“But I want to…”
A gunshot to her gut stopped the words coming from her mouth, her last word was:
“Responsibility.”

Niccea, the spiderman Marvel died.

- Albert Einstein
seventy2 at 12:54PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I'll run. Marvel vs DC.
Everyone has powers, only some have killing powers. Rules will be the same as a standard game, roles will be created later, so that everyone can give me heroes/villains they'd like.

lulz, superman can't kill.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
Kroatz at 2:02PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
I'll run. Marvel vs DC.

- Albert Einstein
jninjashadow at 2:02PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(online)
Deadpool and his breaching of the forth wall woud be OP… but awesome
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 3:26PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(offline)
I wish I was still the only person who cared about Deadpool.

If Kroatz should win I'd like to be the Joker, Harvey Two Face, Rorschach, or…

…am I planning on being Mafia? …hopefully.

Been Mr. Veteran too much…

Should Jninja win then…

The basic trainers should be called Bug trainers.

And I'm a Mudkip or Caterpie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
alwinbot at 3:47PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(offline)
I like the Pallet Townston one a lot. I'd vote for that.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Salsa at 7:45PM, Sept. 8, 2010
(offline)
Won't run. I really don't have the time now.
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Kroatz at 12:09AM, Sept. 9, 2010
(online)
If the pokemon game gets chosen I will not play. Not because I think Ninja will do a bad job, but because I really hate pokemon. So, sorry?

- Albert Einstein
Mettaur at 3:40AM, Sept. 9, 2010
(offline)
With 19 players, the number of starting roles will be:

PRO TOWN:
1 Detective
1 Vigilante
2 Paramedic
1 Paranoid
1 Veteran
7 Townie

Criminals:
Mafia:
1 Godfather
1 Mad Hatter
3 Hitman
Serial Killers:
1 Shuffler

ELECTED/GRANTED POSITIONS
These are additional roles and powers that can be granted to some of the players, via election or random selection. Use them wisely.

Mayor
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Mayor: Increased vote count of 2 during lynching.
Desperate times, desperate measures: The Mayor can declare 2 double lynches anytime during the game When double lynches are in effect each player gets two votes on two different people.(must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting can be arranged accordingly).
Did you ever know that you're my hero…: Both mayor and Pardoner cannot be killed during the night while the bodyguard(s) remain alive. The mayor will be informed of the identity of the bodyguards.
Let's celebrate!: The Mayor has the option of insta-lynching one player by the end of Day 1, once he's won the election. No voting takes place. Whoever the Mayor picks gets lynched. Take heed though if you plan to use this ability since no clues have been given that could help point you at a criminal at that time.

Pardoner
As a check and balance to the Mayor, the pardoner is the runner up to the Mayor. The pardoner has the ability to cancel two lynches throughout the game. Pardoning both suspects during a double lynch will use up both powers but it's also possible to pardon one suspect while lynching the other. The pardoner will have to notify me within one hour of lynch vote results before the lynch is actually posted. He is unable to pardon on the insta-lynch. The pardoner will also receive protection from the bodyguards but will not be informed of their identities.

Bodyguard
Random Townies will receive the role of bodyguard once the mayor has been elected. The bodyguards and the mayor will be informed of their identities. As long as the bodyguards are alive, the Mayor and the Pardoner cannot be killed via night hits. A bomb sent to a protected person will also be intercepted.

PRO TOWN!
Lynch a bad guy during the day. Survive the night. Rinse and repeat. Players who are Pro Town are in business to save Townston from corruption.

Vigilante
You are the caped crusader of Townston. A masked man who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a villain. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a friendly.

Paramedic
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night, which you must tell me about before the end of night. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia members attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. The narrative will state that someone was attacked but saved and the narration will include a clue pointing out the identity of the attacker. It does not matter if the paramedic chooses to watch someone before or after he is attacked; he will protect that person regardless. The Paramedic will also intercept bombs sent to a townie during the night he is under watch and can discover planted bombs.

Veteran
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets two lives, meaning two hits must be made on him before he dies. A veteran can survive a bombing attempt if he still has both night lives but it will count as a hit attempt.

The Detective
The detective is after the bad guys of Townston. His brilliant reasoning skills and numerous contacts makes him among the best investigators in the Town. The Detective is capable of using his powers both day and night.
And you are?: Using this ability the Detective can find out much about the person that he's scrutinizing. Things like, what size of shoes he wears, his favorite brand of toothpaste, magazine subscription but most importantly, he can find out if the villager is a Pro Townie or a criminal. (Mafia and serial killers will show up as criminals, unless they have powers to help hide their identities.) This power can only be used twice.
Who dun it?: Whenever a crime has been committed, it's up to the detective to investigate the crime scene. Should he choose to investigate someone, the detective can figure out if that someone was responsible for the crime (The detective can ask the GM if a specific player committed a specific crime and get a yes/no answer).
This election has been rigged!: Looking up the vote results, the detective can figure out if any criminals participated in the election. Should he choose to use this power he'll be able to find out if any criminals voted for a specific player (mayoral or lynch) and also how many criminals voted in it. This power can only be used once.

Paranoid
The paranoid is a wee bit unhinged by his experiences in some horrible and bloody war. During days, he's perfectly normal but during the night he keeps to himself and relives the horrors of his past. The Paranoid will kill whoever was the first person to target him in any way during the night, whether it be mafia or townie (such as a paramedic opting to protect him). The Paranoid is unable to NOT kill, but will only kill one person a night. Should two persons interact with him during the night, the first person will die but the second will not. Special note, investigation powers can be used on him without fear of death since the Detective is merely investigating him and checking his background and is not directly interacting with him. Also, the paranoid is not aware that he's insane and thus believes himself to be a normal townie.

Townie
As a townie, you stand to loose big, should the mafia ever manage to take control of the town. Be critical! Be suspicious! Most importantly, be on time to vote for a lynch or you won't have any fun at all.

CRIMINALS!

MAFIA
The mafia’s win condition is to kill all the townies and rival opposition. Unlike townies, all mafia members know who each other are. All mafia members can kill once per night cycle. With the exception of the Godfather, a mafia member cannot kill fellow mafia.

Godfather
Like the Mayor, the godfather has several special abilities in his arsenal.
Send him a message: The godfather is able to leave a severed horse head in the target's bed. This will scare the targeted player, causing him to go into hiding for the next day and night cycle. During this time the player can't perform any action at all. He can't vote for the next lynch and he can't use his powers if he has any. While the player is in hiding he can't be killed. A person who's already been targeted with a horse head attack can't be targeted again.
Call in a favor: The Godfather can once per game, cancel a lynch. If he uses that ability, during a double lynch, both lynches are canceled.
Behind the curtains: The Godfather doesn't dirty his hands since he has his goons to carry out his orders. The godfather will appear as a pro-townie to the detective. He's also considered to be protected if he's attacked during the night.
Now it's personal: The godfather has decided to take actions into his own hands. By brandishing his pistol the leader has taken to the streets. He gains the ability to kill once per night but looses all benefits he received from his Behind the curtains power. If the godfather is the only mafia member left, this power is automatically activated.

Mad Hatter
Each night, the Mad Hatter is able to plant a single bomb on someone or detonate a bomb that's already been planted. He can't plant a bomb and detonate during the same night. The Mad Hatter can at most keep two undetonated bombs in circulation but is free to plant more once he's detonated or lost one of them. Every time he detonates a bomb, a clue is given about his identity. Should the mad hatter be killed either through a lynch or a night hit, all bombs in circulation will detonate, killing his targets. If a target of his somehow dies by other means, the mad hatter loses that bomb. That bomb is also discovered on the body, which gives the townies a clue who the Mad Hatter might be. Bombs can be intercepted by a protector, giving a clue to the identity of the Mad Hatter as well. Also if a paramedic chooses to protect someone with an undetonated bomb already planted, it will be discovered.

Hitman
You are the mafia hitman. Each night you get to stab somebody in the face. Don't forget to have fun.

SERIAL KILLERS
While these individuals are not allied with the Mafia, they're none the less dangerous people. Their ultimate goal is to cause as much chaos as possible.

Shuffler
Once a Champ dueler,now you are a nobody, a has-been. No one cares about or notices you anymore, this pisses you off.
No, check your card again!: So, your power if you can shuffle people's cards up, Mafia Members get mafia roles reassigned, all townies get their roles taken away, put in the shuffling machine, and reassigned. Chaos! Every time you do this, it leaves a clue.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Mettaur at 3:45AM, Sept. 9, 2010
(offline)
So yeah, mine is normal concept, except with the Shuffler. And the fact that I will be making a ass-load of yugioh cards to go with your roles! Here's a sampler, since people will probably see this one lots.

same at 11:34AM, Sept. 9, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
I wish I was still the only person who cared about Deadpool.

Ya what?

Also unless someone else wants to run in the next 3 hours I'm gonna open voting.
Kroatz at 2:53PM, Sept. 9, 2010
(online)
Of course we all vote for ourselves.

- Albert Einstein
same at 4:04PM, Sept. 9, 2010
(online)
Voting open.
No more entries.
Narration will be up in….
Oh yeah. I dont have to do that now. Yay!
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:08PM, Sept. 9, 2010
(offline)
To same: Once I reached the thing called the internet I found out he was/is worshipped.

I have cast me vote in!

To Kroatz: I never do…I should put that somewhere.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mettaur at 6:13PM, Sept. 9, 2010
(offline)
Anyone like the idea of the shuffler? He can switch around all the roles, but I thought of something else. Since he can't really kill, a death card is thrown in, one of the people in the randomization will die if they receive this card.

A clue is given when the Shuffler plays his ability, but to not make game-play confusing and resending actions, he can only switch roles around during day-time, and mafia can't get reassigned pro-town roles, and pro-town can't get mafia roles from the randomizer.
same at 9:03PM, Sept. 9, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
To same: Once I reached the thing called the internet I found out he was/is worshipped.

I have cast me vote in!

To Kroatz: I never do…I should put that somewhere.

Dont have original ideas then bring them online. I thought it was hilarious and original when i said halo: reach around. I went online and my original thought was though of by someone else only days before.

Nothing is original on the internet.
maru at 9:46PM, Sept. 9, 2010
(offline)
Hmmm which to vote for? (looks down at Pokemon shirt) Well, that seems definitive. Hmph, figures you'd use my love of Pokemon somehow Jay!
Innocence proves a good lawyer.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Mettaur at 3:46AM, Sept. 10, 2010
(offline)
We will be playing a game about a game at least, that is certain! No one here likes Yu-Gi-Oh? And I don't mean the crummy show, I mean the card game, no one?
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:40PM, Sept. 10, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
We will be playing a game about a game at least, that is certain! No one here likes Yu-Gi-Oh? And I don't mean the crummy show, I mean the card game, no one?

I like playing it. I have two beat down decks. Of course I get into a lot of accidents on my motorcycle.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Zeph at 2:47PM, Sept. 10, 2010
(online)
Waffle Irons the trading card game.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
same at 4:46PM, Sept. 10, 2010
(online)
Id enjoy a trading card game with original trading cards and rules which arent boring to have to read. I always hated yugioh. Stupid everyone else having god cards.
Product Placement at 9:01AM, Sept. 11, 2010
(online)
Hmm… On one hand, I want to vote for Kroatz cause the concept sounds furn.
On the other I want to vote for Jninja cause it gives me a chance to mess with Roku.
On the third I kinda want to vote for Mettaur cause I helped him a little bit with his cards.

… this is a problem.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I like playing it. I have two beat down decks. Of course I get into a lot of accidents on my motorcycle.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
same at 9:36AM, Sept. 11, 2010
(online)
Voting will end tomorrow night at 9:30PM BST.
Heres a clock

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon