MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXIV:MARVEL vs DC: Game Thread
Kroatz at 12:52PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)

DA RULES:

Mafia XXXIV: MARVEL vs. DC.

This is a semi-standard game. All hero's are replaced with characters that have powers. The Mafia (DC) will also be slightly bigger, depending on the number of players.

Cycles will usually end at 11PM GMT.

MARVEL ROLES
These are the set roles, all Marvel hero roles will have powers.
The Marvel’s win condition is to find and kill all DC's.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Director
The Mayor is elected at the start of the game and has numerous roles. His special abilities are:
Seal of the Director: Increased vote count of 2
Desperate times call for desperate measures: Ability to declare up to two double lynches anytime during the game (must notify me during night cycle or early on in the day so voting is arranged accordingly). When double lynches are in effect each player still gets one vote.
Flunkie, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.: The mayor cannot be killed during the night while his S.H.I.E.L.D. agents are alive. Only the Director will know who the agents are.
Preventing disaster: On Day One, the newly elected Director can declare an insta-lynch.

S.W.O.R.D. Director
As a check and balance to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, the S.W.O.R.D. Director is the runner up to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director. He has the protection of the very same S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents as the Mayor and thus remains invincible at night. His special ability, however, is to pardon up to 2 people from being lynched at any time during the course of the game. He must notify me while voting is coming to a close (you'll usually be able to tell who is going to get lynched towards the end of voting) or right after I have ended it. I will wait a bit between votes being tallied and the shift into night when people are lynched so you will also have time then to notify me. The pardoner may not pardon himself, he may however pardon two people at the same time.

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent
Random townies will receive the role of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent once the S.H.I.E.L.D. Director and S.W.O.R.D. Director have been elected. The S.H.I.E.L.D. Director alone will know who these people are. The bodyguard can not be a DC, he can only be a Marvel.

Dark Avenger
You are the Dark Avengers of New Townston. Masked men who has decided to take the law into his own hands. Each night you can target and kill someone who you believes to be a DC. Be careful who you chose though because you just might be taking out a Marvel.

Healers
You have the ability to watch one other player during the night. You may choose not to use this ability also. When a player is watched he cannot die unless the number of people attacking him outnumbers the number of people watching him or his night lives. In other words if two mafia attack a person being watched by one paramedic, the person will die. A clue will not be left behind if he is saved, the town won't know who was saved.

Diamond Skins
You've been around the block a few times and know how to escape an attack on your life. But for how long? The veteran gets 2 night lives, meaning he must be hit by 2 attackers to kill him (much like having paramedics watching over you, except you lose one life if you incur one attack). If a paramedic is protecting you will not lose a life for the hit the paramedic protects. If you incur a hit I will notify you the following day.

Goblin
While still a Marvel, the Goblin is the craziest SOB alive, anyone coming in contact with him at night in any way will die, whether it be Marvel or DC (such as a healer opting to protect him). The Goblin is unable to NOT, maim, mutilate, punch, bite and/or spit but will only kill the first person to target him. The Goblin due to his disorder, thinks he is just a regular Marvel. And he wil have an extra power as well.

Spy
The spy has three abilities he may use. He has the ability to ask me whether or not a specific person committed the murder and get a yes/no answer. He has the ability to, 2 times a game, ask me what alignment a person is. And for the last ability he may ask me how many DC voted to lynch a specific person after the conclusion of voting (cannot use this on Directoral election). You may only use one ability per day/night cycle. You cannot ask about both people in office.

Marvel
You are a dedicated Marvel! You have various (Mostly useless) powers, you also participate by solving clues, networking, and voting.

DC ROLES
The DC’s win condition is to kill all Marvel's. Unlike Marvel's, all DC know who each other are. With the exception of Firefly and Joker, all DC criminals can kill once per night cycle. A DC cannot kill a DC however.

Joker
The Joker has the special ability of being able to leave calling cards in the target's house. In addition, he has the minor ability of being invulnerable to being killed during night phase unless all other members of the DC are already dead. The Joker will appear to be a Marvel to any spy. The godfather is allowed to kill, but he will be able to be spotted by detective for what he really is after this time. Additionally he has the ability to, once per game, cancel a lynch.

Mad Bomber
The Mad Bomber’s special ability is to burn three homes throughout the whole game of three specific Marvels. He may choose when the houses burn. Should the Mad Bomber die, the houses all burn down. Those whom he planted a firebomb with will die as well. He can also detonate a firebomb whenever he sees fit, including during the day. (A clue will be left.) If the target dies before you do however, you lose the bomb.
All three bombs can be into play during the same time, you can however only plant one firebomb at a time.

DC
You are a regular DC member. You get to kill someone in the face every night cycle. You will also have aditional powers.

SPECIAL ROLES
You play by your own rules and have your own win conditions.

Dark Horse (Star Wars/Hellboy/The Goon)
You are neither Marvel nor DC. You may kill whomever you please. To win, you must be the last one alive. For the Marvels to win, you must be dead. An added power is that you will not leave clues about yourself, but of a person of your choosing.

People that signed up:
1 - Shirkersama
2 - Same
3 - Mettaur
4 - I Am The 1337 Master
5 - Seventy2
6 - Jninjashadow
7 - Alwinbot
8 - Niccea
9 - Salsa
10 - The Flying Green Monkey
11 - Anthony Mercer
12 - Rokulily
13 - Harkovast
14 - Peren
15 - Gullas
16 - Product Placement
17 - Byndris

The roles that there are are the following:
MARVEL: 11
- Dark Avengers: 2
- Healers: 2
- Diamond Skin: 1
- Goblin: 1
- Marvels: 4

DC: 4
- Godfather: 1
- Mad Bomber: 1
- DC: 2

DARK HORSE:
- Dark Horses: 2

A list of additional DC powers:
- Can also choose to protect instead of kill.
- Can ask a yes or no question about a clue every night.
- Can create a clone of someone that will die instead of the person in case of a lynch or kill. There will be a notification if this action is used. This action can be used only once but when activated will remain until the clone-person is targeted.
- Can leave riddles every night, when not correctly solved during the day he can kill twice the next night.

A list of additional Marvel powers:
- Can pick one of his own clues.
- Can see the role of the person he protects.
- Can ask the GM one yes or no question.
- Gets one extra vote, one day.
- Survives his first kill attempt, though the killer does not use clues.
- Can kill his attacker, once, but only if requested before the kill order.
- Always sends in his action before the person trying to kill him.
- Can sacrifice himself to resurrect one other Marvel.
- Gets to know the identity of one of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents
- Gets to protect himself for one night, if he sent in the request before the kill.
- Gets one extra vote, one day. Because he talks too much.

A list of additional Dark Horse powers:
- You can pick who you leave clues as.
The feeling you get, right before you poop.
That's the best feeling in the world.

- Albert Einstein
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Kroatz at 12:56PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
DEAD SO FAR: 7 out of 17

Gullas - Marvel spy
Product Placement - Dark Horse
Mettaur - Marvel marvel
Harkovast - Marvel paramedic
Rokulily - Marvel marvel
Same - Marvel paramedic
TFGM - Marvel Vigilante

VOTES DAY 1:

JNINJASHADOW:5 Mayor'd!
poster
jninjashadow
alwinbot
A. Mercer
Peren

TFGM:3 Pardoner'd!
poster
tfgm
salsa

SAME:3
poster
same
shirkersama

NIGHT 1:

Gullas the Marvel Spy dead.

VOTES DAY 2:

1337 2:
Harkovast
Same

Rokulily 1:

PP 1:
Seventy2

- Albert Einstein
Kroatz at 12:58PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Narr Day Zero

Happy with the way the world was all the Marvel superfriends got up from their one, massive, giant sized bed. And with a smile on their face they all participated in the most massive, giant sized group hug ever known to man. The mixture of super, awesome, incredible, invincible and even a little pinch of cool ripped open the space-time-continuum again. With a grumpy look on his face Kroatz, also known as Mr. Fantastic, also known as the current S.H.I.E.L.D. Director, also known as Stretcho to his friends, also known as Dude back in highschool, also known as little Reed to his mom, walked back to his lab, preparing to gather his space-time-needle to once again sew the space-time-fabric back together.

Upon entering his lab, before high fiving his high five robot but after chasing Deedee out of his lab, the lights where suddenly turned off. From one of the corners a voice, sounding pretty much like Clint Eastwood, said:
“I am the night.”
Quickly responding, while stretching his arm to get his nightvision goggles Reed Richards answered:
“Well, technically night or nighttime is the period of time when the sun is below the horizon. The opposite of night is day (or ”daytime“ to distinguish it from ”day“ as used for a 24-hour period). The start and end times of night vary based on factors such as season, latitude, longitude and timezone. So no, you are just a guy in thights standing in the corner of my lab.”
The man in the shadows scratched his big ears before answering again:
“I strike from the shadows.”
“You know I can totally see you right?” Reed answered.
“I am the Dark Knight.”
“Also known as Batman, Bruce Wayne, the Caped Crusader, the Worlds Greatest Detective, Dick Grayson, Matches Malone, Sir Hemingford Grey, Michael Keaton, Adam West and…”
“We NEVER mention ADAM WEST!” Batman shouted, jumping out of the shadows and stabbing Mr. Fantastic in the throat.

Minutes later, in the secret Batcave that fell through the rift in time-space, Batman commanded his boy-wonder to gather the troops. When all the DC gathered Batman said the following:
“I am the night…”
“YEAH, we know, continue.” The crowd interupted him.
“Okay, okay. Here's what I got to say: The marvels are evil. We must destroy all of them.”
Superman responded:
“Adam West?”
With a grim look, Batman answered:
“Adam West.”

And so the war began.

At the same time, in the Marvel secret hideout of love, Spider-Man and his amazing-super-duper-mega-friends found the body of their super-friend Stretcho, his throath slit open and stretchy putty blood streaming from his veins. His last words were:
“Adam West…”
To which Spider-Man responded:
“Adam West?”
To which Deadpool responded:
“Bea Arthur?”
To which professor Xavier responded:
“Adam West?”
To which Mute responded:
“…”
To which Headpool responded:
“BEA ARTHUR!”
To which Bob, agent of Hydra responded:
“It's Batman! Flee!”

Music mysteriously started playing.
And then they all fled.

Start of Day One.

- Albert Einstein
Kroatz at 1:06PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
I'd like to remind you all that you should NEVER reveal the hero you are to anyone. Because this might give away many clues about who you are.

- Albert Einstein
alwinbot at 1:44PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
Oh mirandaaaaaaa
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Salsa at 2:09PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)

MY EYES!!!!!!
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
same at 2:47PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Salsa

MY EARS!!!!!!

Fixed.

Also Im running for Shield director.

Samuel L Fury approves of this.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Mettaur at 3:18PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
I run for director, I was able to save 50 people from a town full of zombies in three days, with some cranky janitor interrupting me constantly. Oh, and 15 insane killers after me, not counting a horde of zombie loving cultists. I think I can pull together this town, with no zombies, and only 6 psychopaths? Pah, bring it ON!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Kroatz at 3:25PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
No.

- Albert Einstein
same at 3:28PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
I run for director, I was able to save 50 people from a town full of zombies in three days, with some cranky janitor interrupting me constantly. Oh, and 15 insane killers after me, not counting a horde of zombie loving cultists. I think I can pull together this town, with no zombies, and only 6 psychopaths? Pah, bring it ON!

Samuel L Fury finds this funny.
Mettaur at 3:44PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)

Simon Cowell finds your resistance amusing.
Okay, once again not from your marvel and dc grouping, but this man is the only reason anyone puts up with American Idol. Honestly, does anyone watch it for Randy Jackson, or that whore that wouldn't know true judging if it ate her face off? She'd probably say,“You're good, you're good, that was beautiful.”
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
same at 3:49PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Mettaur

Simon Cowell finds your resistance amusing.
Okay, once again not from your marvel and dc grouping, but this man is the only reason anyone puts up with American Idol. Honestly, does anyone watch it for Randy Jackson, or that whore that wouldn't know true judging if it ate her face off? She'd probably say,“You're good, you're good, that was beautiful.”

What is this? I dont even…

Kroatz at 3:54PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
A certain someone should enjoy those moobs.

- Albert Einstein
Niccea at 3:57PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
I would run for SHEILD director, but it is a thankless job really. So I shall vote for the best.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Mettaur at 3:57PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
And your political adviser is better?..maybe I should hire someone else..but they still have to be evil.

Oh! This one has to be trustworthy! He has a wig!

same at 4:02PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
I shall have a poster as soon as i could be bothered.
Niccea at 4:08PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
I would run for SHEILD director, but it is a thankless job really. So I shall vote for the best.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 4:32PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Blood and bloody ashes I am running for office!

Campaign song:

We'll drink the wine till the cup is dry,
And kiss the girls so they'll not cry,
And toss the dice until we fly,
To dance with Jack O' the Shadows.

We'll dance all night until the moon runs free,
And dandle the lasses upon our knee,
And then you'll ride along with me,

We'll sing all night, and drink all day,
And on the girls we'll send our pay,
And when it's gone, then we'll away,

There's some delight in ale and wine,
And some in girls with ankles fine,
But my delight, yes, always mine,
Is to dance with Jack O' the Shadows.

We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young TFGM whenever he calls,

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Mettaur at 4:46PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
Ah, wait! I have found the perfect political adviser!

Poster will be soon, as soon as I summon my demonic moose of artwork.
I Am The 1337 Master at 4:58PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
I don't want to make a poster right now but I'll accept votes.

To Mettaur: Does anyone bother to actually watch that? If you do then there's some respect lost.

Oh yeah…

How do you like my hero?

Eh?…

Eh?…

Fetus man…

Eh?!!!…

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 5:25PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
@1337: Nice choice.

@Mett: My political advivers are much better just look at them.

same at 5:58PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
And now I'll be quiet and wait for the voters decision.

If i win i will instalynch Mettaur.
Just because.
alwinbot at 6:05PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
@1337: Nice choice.

@Mett: My political advivers are much better just look at them.

Yes.

and

Yes.
Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
same at 6:35PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)

I caved.
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:53PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
Now isn't that a dapper young man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
jninjashadow at 7:12PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
FUCK IT! NO NO NO NO NO! TFGM FOR MAYOR?!?!?!? REALLY? Just… just vote for me, please… please? I have never been mayor, but seriously, I think I am actually qualified for once. Why? Because is why.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
alwinbot at 7:57PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(offline)
I will. Because I love you.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 8:17PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
jninjashadow
FUCK IT! NO NO NO NO NO! TFGM FOR MAYOR?!?!?!? REALLY?

Whats with all this then?

Kroatz at 11:45PM, Sept. 17, 2010
(online)
Anyone that has made a poster will automatically vote for themselves. Anyone that hasn't made one will not.

You can vote by sending me a PQ, therein stating who you'd like for mayor.

- Albert Einstein
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 12:04AM, Sept. 18, 2010
(online)
Kroatz
Anyone that has made a poster will automatically vote for themselves. Anyone that hasn't made one will not.

You can vote by sending me a PQ, therein stating who you'd like for mayor.

So by that logic I was the first one to vote for myself? So I would be first place if no one voted for anyone but themselves? Sweet.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon