Mafia XXXVI: Trick or Townston
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:59PM, Oct. 23, 2010
(offline)

Me and jninja are bff's forever.

Let's skip!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Salsa at 7:02PM, Oct. 23, 2010
(offline)
Okay, for all the ones who didn't play the first monster mash, Rokulily was the monster hunter (Van Hellsing), she found me out before I could even get a good strategy going (lost every single person the night after I turned them. Anyway, She's aiming at you, 1337, because you said “I have the power” I haven't a clue who the monster hunter is, and frankly I hope the monsters don't either, and I have no idea who it was the last time around when Rokulily hosted it. So you see, it's saying that you, in fact, do not have the power, whoever is the monster hunter this game is all that's between you and becoming a zombie, werewolf, or a sparkly vampire (shudder).

Also

RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
jninjashadow at 7:04PM, Oct. 23, 2010
(online)
Salsa

Funny thing is, not only would he win, but the IQ of the area would SKYROCKET because of it.
Why that's just crazy enough to walrus!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:09PM
Salsa at 7:08PM, Oct. 23, 2010
(offline)
If SCHRÖDINGER couldn't beat him, I don't anything short of GOD could.

also LOL

off to work be back at 5 or 6, 7 if we're busy.
RAGE!
jninjashadow at 8:45PM, Oct. 23, 2010
(online)
I hate awkward silences
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:28PM, Oct. 23, 2010
(online)
Speaking of Hellsing can anyone tell me where I can watch the OVAs of it?

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Salsa at 3:12AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

just google it.
RAGE!
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:29AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Salsa
So you see, it's saying that you, in fact, do not have the power, whoever is the monster hunter this game is all that's between you and becoming a zombie, werewolf, or a sparkly vampire (shudder).

But I believe in my Pardoner powers.

And I hope you realize I cannot die for at least…two night and day cycles if both body guards are not taken out tonight.

So…

In a way I do.

Jinja has less power than me in this situation.

Still not going to say my role.

So in a way I DO have some power.

If it is THE power or not I don't know.

You can trust me or you can try to kill me.

one more edit here…

Jinja and me gonna be good leaders and make you some waffles.
jninjashadow at 9:15AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
Jinja and me gonna be good leaders and make you some waffles.
Dictator waffles. By law you will eat and enjoy these waffles. You have been issued one state approved serving of butter, jam, or syrup. Line up, or else Black and White Slapstick Gestapo.
Salsa at 9:29AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Is anyone else thinking that 1337 might be a monster? He seems to be a bit too defensive about his role to be an innocent townie. Could the Tattle Tale check him? I'd be more comfortable about knowing the pardoner is not a monster and have used a check than to be wondering whether or not he is.
RAGE!
I Am The 1337 Master at 10:06AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Salsa
Is anyone else thinking that 1337 might be a monster? He seems to be a bit too defensive about his role to be an innocent townie. Could the Tattle Tale check him? I'd be more comfortable about knowing the pardoner is not a monster and have used a check than to be wondering whether or not he is.
If the tattle tale wants to check me they can.

I'm not going to tell them not to because I'm not going to reveal it myself.

Do I really sound defensive?

hmm…

alwinbot at 10:14AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
This thread is slowly turning into a giant image dump.

Read this comic. It is the greatest journal comic ever written and drawn. Trust me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:50AM
Salsa at 10:39AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
alwinbot

Well, this is a webcomics community.

@1337: Dude, you're protected by the big kids. You're one of the safest people in the game, if you have a critical role you're fine. There's no reason NOT to divulge your role unless you're a monster. I, on the other hand, do not have that luxury and will not give my role up unless the Tattle Tale confirms your role. Until then I refuse to send my role in as a matter of principle.
RAGE!
Mettaur at 11:27AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Since there has been no humorous illustration concerning my speech impediment, I shall now talk in a regular, if not educated and clear, tone of voice. Good night to all.
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 11:54AM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
alwinbot

I don't know what you're talking about alwin.

At Spicy Chip Dip Man of…well…salsaness: The reason I will not is because I will not. And I don't wanna.

:P

And if you don't and won't trust me then trust Jninjashadow.

Get his guarantee that he won't share the information with me and I'll still work with him but I won't work with you.

Or do what you want.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 1:13PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Salsa
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

just google it.
That dosn't seem to be working ):

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
Salsa at 1:16PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Salsa
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

just google it.
That dosn't seem to be working ):
http://www.animefreak.tv/watch/hellsing-ultimate-english-dubbed-online-free

here.
RAGE!
same at 1:33PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
jninjashadow
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Niccea
VOTING

Day One Leader Kid
I Am The 1337 Master (4)
Poster
I Am The 1337 Master
rokulily
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Something is wrong here.
QUICK! Someone tell me if hell's frozen over!
*Turns to Same and waits for answer.*

What do you mean by this?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:21PM
Mettaur at 1:48PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
same
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
jninjashadow
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
Niccea
VOTING

Day One Leader Kid
I Am The 1337 Master (4)
Poster
I Am The 1337 Master
rokulily
TheFlyingGreenMonkey

Something is wrong here.
QUICK! Someone tell me if hell's frozen over!
*Turns to Same and waits for answer.*

You always have an answer, even if it has nothing to do with the topic. All hail Same the Seer!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
Niccea at 2:09PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Ok everyone has 3 hours to send in their actions.

Narration will follow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
same at 2:16PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Mettaur
same
You always have an answer, even if it has nothing to do with the topic. All hail Same the Seer!

Because we havent dumped enough images yet.
And noone saidd anything about prosecutor Harkworth : (
Mettaur at 2:26PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Yes, we need more images! Keep beating that dead horse!

More images for the image-god!
And Harkworth is clever Same.
Keybounce at 2:37PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Jeez, I didn't think it was possible to be so misunderstood.

I said I will not send in my role. I won't even say if I have a special role. I regard mafia games as, “Trust no one, keep your blaster handy” (and yes, I did run a paranoia based forum mafia game once … lot of fun).

Should I trust a “town mayor”? If it's a GM supplied role, yes; if it's an elected role, no.

I'm not saying trust me. Treat me with as much suspicion as everyone else. We know that there are 4 bad guys – three converting leaders, and an old man in this guise (“disguise”, hey, have you ever heard children (us) misunderstand adults?“) – that we have to identify.

The key is to look for what people say that sounds suspicious, and look for the clues that the rules say will be left behind.

Now, clues being given … that's something I'm not used to. I'm used to games where lynches reveal what team someone was on, and bans (mafia kills) not revealing anything. Games where you had to lynch, and ”luck" into your first bad guy before you had any real evidence to go on. Here, we get clues from the bad guys actions.

So lynching doesn't seem to be as essential here. That means we can proceed slower, and more safely.

Now, there seems to be very little actual discussion here. Again, difference in game play – I'm used to the votes being displayed publicly, and then people asking why, challenging, and using the vote patterns as part of the hunt. Even in real life mafia games, it's how people react to the accusations that is part of the tells.

So, I'm not an image person. I'm not going to dump images into this thread.

… more to come
Signature? A digital signature? But that has to be different for every post; how can one signature work for all posts?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:15PM
same at 2:44PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Keybounce
Jeez, I didn't think it was possible to be so misunderstood.

I said I will not send in my role. I won't even say if I have a special role. I regard mafia games as, “Trust no one, keep your blaster handy” (and yes, I did run a paranoia based forum mafia game once … lot of fun).

Should I trust a “town mayor”? If it's a GM supplied role, yes; if it's an elected role, no.

I'm not saying trust me. Treat me with as much suspicion as everyone else. We know that there are 4 bad guys – three converting leaders, and an old man in this guise (“disguise”, hey, have you ever heard children (us) misunderstand adults?“) – that we have to identify.

The key is to look for what people say that sounds suspicious, and look for the clues that the rules say will be left behind.

Now, clues being given … that's something I'm not used to. I'm used to games where lynches reveal what team someone was on, and bans (mafia kills) not revealing anything. Games where you had to lynch, and ”luck" into your first bad guy before you had any real evidence to go on. Here, we get clues from the bad guys actions.

So lynching doesn't seem to be as essential here. That means we can proceed slower, and more safely.

Now, there seems to be very little actual discussion here. Again, difference in game play – I'm used to the votes being displayed publicly, and then people asking why, challenging, and using the vote patterns as part of the hunt. Even in real life mafia games, it's how people react to the accusations that is part of the tells.

So, I'm not an image person. I'm not going to dump images into this thread.

… more to come

Youre playing the game wrong.

Yyou have to accuse everyone of being mafia and accuse the person who posts after the narration as the person what did the murder thing… Yeah.
Salsa at 2:49PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
@Mett: oh boy, you've done it now.

@keybounce: sorry if we're making ya feel uncomfortable. Don't worry about spamming the forum with images, this is a webcomics community and it's to be expected any time you get a bunch of artists, especially talented ones like Rokulily. I understand if that's not your thing and I respect that.

And if you thought this is bad, the first game I played had almost 50 pages (1500 posts) and most of it was nonsense.

As for not trusting the government, I don't blame ya. Last game both the Pardoner and the Mayor were mafia and most of the town trusted one of them if not both. !337 is acting suspicious. I know Jay hasn't given his role, but he hasn't called attention to the fact and has not said he won't divulge it if asked. 1337 has and that has me leery.

@ Jninja: what is your role?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:18PM
Keybounce at 3:11PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Alright, what clues do we get:

1. If the big kids are turned into monsters, we find out. These are known innocents (sadly, revealed too late). But it does mean we can thin out that much of the monsters as they happen.

2. Tattle tale can check two people during the game.

3. Tattle tale can investigate one person per clue.

4. Tattle tale can remove one person per night, yielding one clue per removal in the process.

Q: Does this clue point to the tattle tale, or to the nature of the person removed?

5. Tattle tale can generate two snitches, which results in two more removals and two more clues per night.

Q: Same issue – do the clues tell us about monsters or about snitches?

6. Band-aids: A doctor role; a protector.
If a monster attacks someone who's protected, he will survive the attempt and a clue will be left behind, pointing at the attacker.
So for this role, we know that clues are only left behind if a monster attacks (as opposed to the tattle tale), and it points at the attacker.

This gives us something. The snitch or tattle tale won't trigger a clue unless the snitch is a recruited monster. So, if a snitch targets someone, and a clue is generated, then the snitch is a monster.

So far, that – and the tattle tale's ability to investigate people – look to be the only sure ways to identify someone.

7. Special items: These protect against one creature type, and give a clue to the attacker.
8. Snitch: Can protect from another creature, but only in a suicide type role. No clue, and not as useful.

Alright, did I miss any, or are those the only sources of clues?

Bottom line: Protect the tattle tale. Best source of information we have.
Signature? A digital signature? But that has to be different for every post; how can one signature work for all posts?
Keybounce at 3:14PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Last game both the Pardoner and the Mayor were mafia and most of the town trusted one of them if not both.
Tee hee. I should tell you about the game where I trusted both a random rogue and the rogue leader.
Keybounce at 3:16PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
same
You have to accuse everyone of being mafia and accuse the person who posts after the narration as the person what did the murder thing… Yeah.
Ok, you're Mafia scum! Defend yourself!
same at 3:28PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(online)
Keybounce
same
You have to accuse everyone of being mafia and accuse the person who posts after the narration as the person what did the murder thing… Yeah.
Ok, you're Mafia scum! Defend yourself!

Salsa at 3:39PM, Oct. 24, 2010
(offline)
Keybounce
Last game both the Pardoner and the Mayor were mafia and most of the town trusted one of them if not both.
Tee hee. I should tell you about the game where I trusted both a random rogue and the rogue leader.

Just be glad I'm not the GM. Let's just say, there is a reason I am called the Luckless.

For more info, refer here. And more specifically, here (bottom of post) and here.

Hour and a half before actions close, btw.

(not the GM but I feel it helps to be reminded)
RAGE!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon