MAFIA... and other forum games

Mafia XXXX: GM Elections
Product Placement at 11:36AM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
True. I'm not familiar with any mascots myself. It's possible that the artist made them up, but I could be wrong.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
seventy2 at 1:59PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
dairy queen has a mouth for a spokesperson, subway, and panda express have no “mascots”. they do have people who go out and speak for them.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:31PM
Product Placement at 2:19PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
Seventy2
dairy queen has a mouth for a spokesperson, subway, and panda express have no “mascots”. they do have people who go out and speak for them.
Oh, you mean people like Jared? There's a hidden reference to a south park episode that features him, that (poorly) hidden in the game description.

But now I believe it is quite clear that nobody is going to volunteer, running the fast food concept so I'm going to be taking command of it.

Which prompts me to start the all important narration:

There was once such occasion where seventy2 felt unhappy with the way he looked and sought to better himself. After looking through the pop up ads for a good solution (because everyone relies on pop up ads for just that), he discovered one that caught his eye. “Loose weight in 3 seconds flat! - Miracle treatment discovered.”
3 seconds? Why, how on earth is that possible? Seventy thought to himself and clicked on the ad.
There was a knock on his door, prompting seventy to minimize all his unsightly windows, before checking who was there.
“Good evening, fine sir-” Said the man on the other side. “-I heard you were looking to loose weight.”
“Oh wow. That's pretty fast service you guys got.” remarked seventy surprised.
“Oh, we always aim to please.” said the salesman, firing up his flamethrower.
“Uhm… what are you doing?” asked seventy, concerned.
“Well… It occurred to me that all these exercise videos talked about the need to burn of the fat. Thus I came up with this wonderfully speedy solution.”
“I'm not quite sure that works like that.” remarked seventy just before being bathed in a stream of flames.
“That's right! Feel the burn!” yelled the maniac, as he watched seventy flail around in pain.

Seventy2 the vegetarian has been flame broiled.

Pretty obvious ones here. Pop up ads and salesman. A reference to my name and avatar.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:56PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
Product Placement
But I already said that I knew who KFC and Subway was :\

I'm still not convinced about adding another killer though. In essence what I've done is taken the godfather role and split him into several roles. The Don has the behind the curtains power and is the organizer, Sanders does the horse head stuff, Little Caesar can cancel a lynch and Wendy can kill other mafia members (making her the only mafia member who can do so) They all have kill powers on top of that and combined with Burger King, that's 5 kill roles, 6 if you count the vigilante.

I normally measure the difficulty level, by how fast the mafia can defeat the town; if everything goes according to plan. Since standard rules is that you have to outnumber the town, a team of 6 mobsters, all with active kill roles could defeat the town in 2 nights. Let's say the game would start with 20 players; 14 pro-town 6 mafia. One night later it's 8 vs 6. If a non mobster was instalynched and a townie gets lynched during day two, we'll have a tie! It would even be theoretically possible for this mafia to win at the end of day 2 if double lynch was declared and both candidates were townies.

Now, I know the argument is that the mafia is a little disorganized and thus can't execute a flawless attack like that, what with them not knowing each others identity. However, they can stumble upon each other and discover their teammates like that. On top of that, Ron has means of communicating with his team and thus can steer everyone in the same direction (provided they want him to).

If I end up running this game (you still got few more hours to take over), I can be convinced to add more mobsters, if the signup is particularly good (over 20) but other then that, I don't think I will be adding another kill role, unless someone can convince me of otherwise.
Sorry but midterms man. I can't GM anything right now.

Well the 5 “mafia” kill roles are dangerous but if anyone one of them is killed or lynched they lose that power that would usually go to the Godfather.

But I was talking more along the lines of a real serial killer. Wendy can go either way and lets face it there is only a handful of players who would use that role as a serial killer role.

I would say Jack would be a great role for this. Story would go along the lines of him not being invited into the chain alliance this with years of torture over having a weird head has finally made him snap. He now vows to kill all normal head people.

Powers: You don't get to keep your head: kill once a night
I know the business: Since Jack has been a force in the business for a while he knows the workings so he can stay low when needed. Gives up the ability to kill for the night to protect himself.

Or give him the power to kill once every two nights. Cause he has to keep up his normal life with his family. Don't want them to become suspicious.
Punching in some overtime: Jack uses the ruse to fool his family. But in reality he is taking vengeance on the world. One death at a time. But using this excuse too much may cause his family to grow suspicious. So best to limit it to once in a while.

Or give him a kill power and a information power(clues or roles). So he will be better at finding out the mafia and executing his revenge. In other mafia games the GM gives clues directly to a few. Maybe just let him as once per cycle about a role and you give him a hint(difficulty depending on how often he is asking about one role).

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:19PM
seventy2 at 4:27PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
All narrations up, sign ups are closed. Polls Are open, but close on friday, the 11th at 2359 GMT (1759 CST)

Please send all votes via pq to me.

If you're running, it is assumed that you are voting for yourself. Any questions?

totally edited for grammatical errors, not for dates or anything of such.
facara
Zeph at 4:58PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
But I was talking more along the lines of a real serial killer. Wendy can go either way and lets face it there is only a handful of players who would use that role as a serial killer role.

Bow chika wow wow.
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Salsa at 6:19PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(offline)
Hey Zeph! How've ya been?
RAGE!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:19PM
Zeph at 6:23PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
Pissing off giant all devouring demon doors. The usual./
Comic The Mutha Flippin God of Airsoft

Rockin the WTF face.
CLEARLY AN OUTRAGE! CLEARLY!
wait what?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
Mettaur at 6:51PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(offline)
The horrible evil plague known as Mettaur is back! Did y'all miss me?

Yep, I guess I'm a little late for elections this time around, but I'm back to stay this time! Until life and work pulls me back away, again.
So I'm going to work at a no-kill cat shelter, do extra-credit work, start some comics, draw Invader Zim fan-art, get a job…
…it could happen. Blowing up the food would cook it faster, if employers understood that I'd have dozens of jobs! Oh, and I'm gonna try to destroy the world. Should be awhile before I get distracted from the mafia games again.

And I'm bringing a friend back with me! And a new building maybe.

I vote for GREASE! FAst foodz! I am da Sizzlorr!
Been years since I was here. I've been at rehab since. So uh. Yknow, things got interesting.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:01PM
Product Placement at 7:16PM, Feb. 8, 2011
(online)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I would say Jack would be a great role for this…
Hmm… Jack as a pure serial killer, who can protect himself…

Sure. It's worth considering. Might actually be a good idea, if the player base exceeds 20. I'm just hoping that I won't overload the game with kill roles and have the game finish in just couple of days.

Also, thanks for the support, Mett.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Byndris at 2:20PM, Feb. 9, 2011
(offline)
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'm Back!
I am just letting you guys know that I'm back for another game. Because of the problems we faced earlier, and the fact that I have been gone for a while, I am not voting for the GM election. Just to let you know.
The incredibly insane magic wielding moose that looks a lot like a mushroom.

Read Mushroom Man… when I eventually get around to making it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
Product Placement at 8:24AM, Feb. 10, 2011
(online)
Got a new cover picture from Roku ^^

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Salsa at 10:43AM, Feb. 10, 2011
(offline)
Cool. Looks nice.
RAGE!
Anthony Mercer at 12:07PM, Feb. 10, 2011
(online)
seventy2
Polls Are open, but close on friday, the 12th

…Friday is the 11th XD
Don't take any of the above seriously. It is in my nature to joke.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
crocty at 6:33PM, Feb. 10, 2011
(offline)
Anthony Mercer
seventy2

…Friday is the 11th XD
No no, he means 12th of August.

Man, I can't wait that long to find out if I've won D:
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Randomdudeperson at 11:47PM, Feb. 10, 2011
(online)
Anthony Mercer
Randomdudeperson
Product Placement
I feel like there has to be a game concept called "Mafia XL - Bigger is better"

I'm not sure I'm up for running though.

But I would like to see someone else run :รพ

This should be the game where the fast food concept is put to use…

That perpetuates the perfectly accurate stereotype that fast food is unhealthy!

Dude, i work at mcds lol. Would be nice to get ronald lol, voting for pp :p
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:01PM
seventy2 at 2:54AM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)
Anthony Mercer
seventy2

…Friday is the 11th XD

why….why would you mis quote me? D:
facara
Salsa at 5:19PM, Feb. 11, 2011
(offline)
Soooooo, When do we find out I lost.
RAGE!
seventy2 at 6:40PM, Feb. 11, 2011
(online)

Sorry, the wife and i watched house for like 5 hours today. time just went right by.

the winner is Product Placement, presenting McMafia XL:Bigger is Better

sorry salsa.
facara
crocty at 7:04PM, Feb. 11, 2011
(offline)
That's fine, I don't really care I lost.

I'm just that awesome.
BOOM.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
Salsa at 3:32AM, Feb. 12, 2011
(offline)
seventy2
the winner is Product Placement, presenting McMafia XL:Bigger is Better

sorry salsa.

Eh, don't sweat it. Product's always been the better GM than me. I'll run again, when I don't have to worry about getting swamped by schoolwork.
RAGE!
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:17AM, Feb. 12, 2011
(offline)
seventy2
Sorry, the wife and i watched house
He wrote a book. I found it in my library. I have no clue what it's a bout but it's by Hugh Laurie so I'm going to read it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
seventy2 at 7:51AM, Feb. 12, 2011
(online)
sweeeeet
facara
Product Placement at 7:59AM, Feb. 12, 2011
(online)
MANLY TEARS!

Thanks to you all, the dream has become true. XL shall henceforth be known as the X-tra Large game ^^

I hope I will see all of you, once I'm done setting up the signup thread.

Alright… Here it is.

Also… I took the liberty of altering the description of the Mayor and Pardoner.

Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon