Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Make your comic interesting?
Sayomi at 8:28AM, Jan. 31, 2011
(offline)
According to my family, doing the characters in Impossible Quest as mice, as they originally were, would make the comic more interesting.

However, my skills are clearly with drawing humans and objects, since I spent my entire weekend looking up drawings and photos of mice and rats, and watching video tutorials, and still can't draw a whisker.

And to do a comic about mice, I would have to master mice drawing in all positions. Apparently this would “challenge” me, but it would be rubbish.

Plus, they have to cross a desert in the story, and i find it hard to beleive that mice could cross that in the time it takes.

Will it be boring if I draw them as people?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM
JustNoPoint at 11:05AM, Jan. 31, 2011
(online)
I can barely read that with the orange letters. It's killing my eyes :P

If you are not interested in a mouse story you shouldn't do one. Make a comic that YOU will enjoy. Otherwise you won't even want to work on it!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
skoolmunkee at 12:28PM, Jan. 31, 2011
(online)
You've been posting a lot of threads lately asking advice about how to do things right, whether you will end up quitting, etc. :] My advice is to stop worrying so much. If you want to make comics, make comics. Who cares if you decide to stop with one idea and start another? This is the time, when you're just starting out, when you need to try a bunch of things. See what works for you and what doesn't. See what kinds of things hold your interest and which ones don't. What types of things you like drawing and which you don't. Don't worry about trying to do things “right” because everyone's idea of that is going to be different. Try not to focus on being what you think is “successful” and more on what you enjoy about it, what you learn from it, etc. That is a more important kind of success.

When you have worked out bigger and better ideas, figured out how long you can reliably work on stories, what types of things you're able to draw, etc. then would be a better time to work on more dedicated ideas.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
Sayomi at 11:39PM, Jan. 31, 2011
(offline)
Thankyou for everybody's advice on these threads, I've taken it all into account and you've all been really helpful! Thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved