Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Making an tutorial, but I was wondering if my tutorial method was too simple?
Aurora Moon at 7:24PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
http://www.drunkduck.com/Aurora_Lessons/?p=221615

like the topic subject says: Making an tutorial, but I was wondering if my tutorial method was too simple?

this is my first time ever making tutorials… that is if you don't count the real mess I put up on my old gecities site when I was like 16…. *blushes*

so I was trying hard not to ramble pointlessly about how to do things, and just keep it simple and easy to understand… but now Im kinda insecure that I might had made it “too simple” to the point where people are demanding more explainations.

what do you think of the page?
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
StaceyMontgomery at 11:01PM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
I'm prolly a bad person to comment on this - honestly, i always hate drawing tutorials. They drive me nuts! To me, they always look like this -

having said that -

your instructions seem really useful - and your artwork is amazing.

And, I have no idea how to draw horses. I just dont know anything about them. So if I ever need to put some in my strip, I'll be looking for something like this!

I think my real comment is that you have a lot more text than pictures. Like, when you say “pay attention to the positioning of the ears in relation to the rest of the head” I want to know more about what's the right and wrong positions. Or, the drawing of the frightened horse face might be next to a calm horse from the same angle, to help me figure out where the tense muscles are… cause what do I know about horse face muscles? nothing!

So I think this is a great introduction - nothing wrong with it - I just want to see more!

And until then, Im keeping horses out my strip.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
Terminal at 12:12AM, June 10, 2007
(online)
StaceyMontgomery

:O
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:11PM
skoolmunkee at 2:44AM, June 10, 2007
(online)
I think that looks quite nice. :) I'm glad so many people are doing tutorials lately!

I think if I were to draw a horse I'd wonder if there is a proportion I should follow on that kite? Like the crossbar should divide the kite into 1/3 and 2/3rds? Especially since the eye placement relies on where the crossbar is, I'd be worried about drawing a horse with too big of a forehead or whatnot.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:40PM
Aurora Moon at 9:02AM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
Well, I'm glad that you guys found it useful somewhat. Don't worry, more on Horses are coming… =D I'll be sure to explain more on the next pages.

I would had never considered doing tutorials but a couple of my friends and assoc ates in real life were having trouble drawing horses along with some other animals. So it occurred to me I should put something up on line for them so that they could be able to access it at all times.

It's funny though… I started off drawing with animals and inanimate objects at first, and then moved on to people after a while… so I'm better at animals than I'm at people at times. for alot of people it's always the opposite for them.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
Aurora Moon at 11:25AM, June 10, 2007
(offline)
okay, next page is up. let me know if it explained anything.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved