Random Discussion

Man Fakes A Plane Crash
Walrus at 3:54PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Source: Associated Press CHATTAHOOCHEE, Fla. — An Indiana investment manager who allegedly staged a plane crash to evade personal and financial ruin was charged Wednesday with intentionally downing the plane and faking a distress call, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals said.

The charges came a day after investigators tracked Marcus Schrenker, 38, to a campground in north Florida. He had apparently tried to kill himself by slitting his wrists and muttered the word “die” when federal agents discovered him bleeding from a slashed wrist, investigators said.

Scott Wilson, a spokesman for the U.S. Marshals in the Northern District of Florida, said it isn't immediately known when Schrenker will appear on the charges because he is recovering from his wounds in a hospital.

The saga started Sunday night, when military jets intercepted the plane after authorities received a distress call that claimed Schrenker's windshield had blown in. The plane later crashed in a north Florida bayou after traveling 200 miles on autopilot, authorities said.

Schrenker's body was nowhere to be found in the wreckage, and authorities suspect he parachuted out of the plane in Alabama, where he had stashed a red motorcycle with saddlebags in a storage unit. By Monday, the motorcycle was gone and an owner at the unit said his clothes were left behind.

Schrenker, who already faces mounting debt, complaints that he unfairly cheated investors out of savings and a crumbling marriage, is looking at more trouble ahead. Authorities have said they may try to make him pay for the cost of the search and he also faces charges in Indiana that he acted as a financial manager with an expired license.

“We were happy to know that he is alive and safe … but now we're going to make sure he's being held properly accountable for his actions,” said Jeffrey Wehmueller, administrative chief deputy for Indiana's Hamilton County.

___

Associated Press Writer Melissa Nelson in Pensacola, Fla. and Jay Reeves in Birmingham, Ala. contributed to this report.

This guy used to be one of my dad's customers and from what I heard, he was pretty crazy…

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
ozoneocean at 8:55PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
Hahaha!

Yeah, he radioed abut the glass being smashed in and blood being everywhere, but the planes that intercepted his aircraft as it was still flying saw that it was dark inside, the glass was intact and no blood anywhere. Nt to mention the door being open.
That dick didn't think ahead very far. Plus leaving his plane on autopilot like that meant it only just missed people's houses when it crashed. He could have killed a few people…

The idiot ALSO showed up at a rangers or something wet from the knees down claiming he'd had a canoe accident and lost his friends, so they put him up at a hotel for a night which he PAID for before running away later on.
I mean, what an f-ing genius… drawing MORE attention to himself.

That's why these dicks are in so much financial trouble: they're F**king morons.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
BffSatan at 9:21PM, Jan. 14, 2009
(online)
I have to agree with ozoneocean here, but I think I could've pulled it off.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
JoeL_CQB at 12:02AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
I liked the daily show report on this. Most likely online sometime tomorrow seeing taht I just watched it 30 minutes ago.

“…wrrrrrrrrrrrry! I'm crashing! CRAAAAAAASH!”
“Are you okay?”
“No, I'm badly dead. Don't investigate. Over.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
subcultured at 9:30AM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)
JoeL_CQB
I liked the daily show report on this. Most likely online sometime tomorrow seeing taht I just watched it 30 minutes ago.

“…wrrrrrrrrrrrry! I'm crashing! CRAAAAAAASH!”
“Are you okay?”
“No, I'm badly dead. Don't investigate. Over.”

lol me too
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Elixia_Dragmire at 8:45AM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
thats … thats retarded, maybe he watched too many movies …
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved