Debate and Discussion

Manifestation. Does it work?
kyupol at 5:48PM, May 27, 2011
(online)
Manifestation… Prayer… Magick… whatever you wanna call it. Its basically this phenomenon of where you put your intent out there in the universe then it would tend to manifest.

Personally, I think it works.

I'm partially self-employed. At this time of the year, I made a little bit more than double the amount I made in the year 2010. And by the looks of it, I have a feeling that 2011 revenue would be 5 or 6 times greater than it was in 2010.

And I didnt really shift marketing tactics. I only put my intent out there. And all of a sudden, more phone calls and clients. As if they suddenly appear out of the blue. Thats it. Honest.

I'm not sure though how this entire thing works. But I've ran across 3 theories:

1) Behind the energy is the entity
- Its supernatural entities who carry out your wishes. Angels, demons, spirit guides, djinns, God himself… etc.

2) We are all “gods”
- Somehow we are all creator-gods. And we are capable of influencing the spiritual field / aura around us through our own thoughts.

3) Its all quantum physics
- I'm a physics flunkie so I cannot really get into explaining the details on how physics works. But basically, its the idea that on a sub-atomic level there is energy that can be influenced by thought.

So what do you think?
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Genejoke at 1:03AM, May 28, 2011
(online)
Okay hard to say anything about this with any “facts” that'd for sure. I personally believe that if you put the effort and will into something then there is a greater chance of success but beyond that… no. For your situation I'm sure there are loads of more mundane reasons as to why you have been more successful this year. However if what you are doing helps you achieve that then that's great.

As for the entity thing, whether you or I believe it doesn't make it any more likely… unless we are all gods and by believing in demons and djinn we therefore make them real…

I lean towards the believe in yourself and make it work school of thought as opposed to wishing for things to happens.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:34PM
Abt_Nihil at 4:46AM, May 28, 2011
(offline)
I second what Genejoke said, down to the letter.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
BffSatan at 8:05PM, May 28, 2011
(online)
You're a wizard, Harry!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
El Cid at 4:09PM, May 29, 2011
(online)
I'm going to put my intent on a brand new Mercedes-Benz appearing in my driveway tomorrow morning. Let's wait and see if it works.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
mlai at 9:35PM, May 29, 2011
(online)
So beautiful socialite men and women must have the strongest spirits/willpowers/desires/intents on Earth, and hopeless introverts the weakest spirits/willpowers/desires/intents. Otherwise we'd see beautiful women succumb to the irrepressible desires of frustrated men, all the time.

I guess despite what you see depicted in superhero media, IRL frustration does not fuel willpower LOL.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
El Cid at 4:22AM, May 30, 2011
(online)
It didn't work.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:20PM
bravo1102 at 6:29AM, May 31, 2011
(online)
El Cid
It didn't work.

It did for me but this is all I got.

It's two inches long and underneath says Lesney inc. 1995 made in China. But it is a Mercedes Benz.

Sympathetic magic can work like the placebo effect. You believe in magic and work the magic on someone who believes in it and there are times you'll get the effect you want.

That voo-doo that you-do so well.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
tylinn at 2:24PM, June 1, 2011
(offline)
Hey, I was thinking about this just the other day.

More about the quantum physics thing. The whole thing with quantum physics (as I understand it) is that when you observe it, it's there. When you don't observe it, it's just light. It's an illusion. It's not there! (I even did a comic on this!)

Saying something though, like, “There will be a car in my driveway” to disprove it doesn't work, because if we're thinking down to the level of “thoughts = observing” then simply thinking “this is silly, it won't work” voids the wish that it would work. In fact, since everyone in the world knows that cars don't appear in driveways simply ‘cause you want it to, that makes it even less likely.

To me, if anything would be affected, it would be a gray area that people aren’t certain about—ie: What makes success? How fast could I run if I were at my top shape? Will anyone look at my latest comic? These are the things that, IF they can be altered, COULD be altered.

On top of that, I think that things would only be changeable if they were no longer observed. So, for instance, you update your comic on DD. You want it to get some views. If you sit and hope and hope and hope for it, the fact that you're paying so much attention to it blocks the chance that the results would be affected by you, and your views are entirely left up to chance and other outside influences. However, if you're hoping for a lot of views, and the completely and utterly forget about it (maybe your cat keels over dead next to you, grabbing your full attention), then as your views are no longer “observed” they have the potential to be changed by your intentions.

In any case, just wandered in here and thought I'd add my thoughts, since it had been on my mind (coincidence!?). It's fun to think about, anyway. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM
blindsk at 8:38PM, June 1, 2011
(online)
Well, good guess with the quantum physics thing. However, I don't see how that would relate to manifestation.

So the paradox is usually explained with the Schrodinger's cat joke, asking if a cat in a box is alive or dead. The answer is not actually the opposite of what you think it is, but actually both. It's a superposition of both states. It's relating to the fact that you can't measure one property without changing the other. Specifically, you cannot measure position at the same time as momentum space (in quantum mechanical terms).

So that's the thing, we have no means of accessing that data without making an observation. In a world where you update your comic and it could be a sensation or completely disregarded, all possibilities collapse into one as soon as you try to measure it. So it's not necessarily saying that if you ignore something it will necessarily happen. It can and it can't. But you won't know what's going on until you make that measurement, and all possibilities before it? Gone, collapsed into a single data point, you'll never get to see your other parameters. So the answer is: it can be both ways. See why this stuff gives people headaches?

And as far as success goes, you could just as easily intently measure something else in your life and see it as failure instead! It depends on what your measuring!

But it's easy to throw quantum mechanics out there for an explanation for just about everything these days. One of the major things it did for us was show us that now we know what we don't know. And what we don't know is quite a lot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:25AM
tylinn at 11:50PM, June 1, 2011
(offline)
I think I see what you mean, blindsk, though I feel like the question of manifestation could lie within that single moment that you do observe. Yes, the cat is both alive and dead at the same time. All possibilities exist, right? None has been made real until you observe it. The manifestation would occur at the point of observation. What decides if the cat is dead or alive once you see it? Random chance? Or is it possible for you to affect the outcome?

This would no longer be a question of whether or not quantum physics itself plays a part in manifestation, then. The question, “can I affect my outcome with intent?” is still unanswered, with no proof either way, because you can't make the cat live, or your comic be a success, just by hoping and not thinking about it, as all possibilities continue to exist until you measure it. The question now turns to that nanosecond.

In kyupol's case, supposing for a moment that he could alter his success with good intentions, the fact that he is continuously hopeful, without a break and without doubt, would mean that every nanosecond that he's given to make a decision would be a positive one, thusly affecting his success. We could also look at the case of beginner's luck. “Will I win?” you ask before the dealer deals the final card in your first game of poker ever. “I hope I do!” you think 95% of the time, and thusly get fantastic hands left and right. As the game goes on, you ask, “Will I make it?” and begin to think, “Maybe I won't this time,” more and more often, until you're filled with as much doubt as hope, and your chances become completely random. Probably even less likely.

Thusly, supposing this is the case, true and unwavering belief that you could manifest a car in your driveway would result in it happening. No one has this sort of strength behind their beliefs of materialization, or other such “super powers” so we don't have them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:35PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved