Media Megaforum

Marilyn Manson's rant
subcultured at 3:58PM, March 10, 2007
(online)
i never saw this before, but when you get rid of all the fake roles and special fx…he's a pretty smart guy

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
reconjsh at 4:43PM, March 10, 2007
(online)
White trash get down on your knees… time for cake and sodomy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Crazy Dutchman at 6:12AM, March 11, 2007
(offline)
Yes he's such a great guy. I also saw something like it on Bowling for Columbine where you heard a lot of people blaming Manson for all the violent youth criminals. He also said that the whole commercial media was based on fear and he definatly has got a point there.

This speech is also so very true. But nothing new to me. These are the things I have tought about long times ago. But you can't change the world by becomming a sad depressed person that looks to the world turing into a hell from the distance. That way I think you're kind of surrendering. I just changed myself, try to enjoy the good things in life and treating other people right. I love Marilyn Manson, but I will never become like a lot of his fans, thinking they need to be a reflection of the whole screwed up society. I will keep my eyes open and try to be myself and just keep my hopes up for things to be better (even tough they've always been kind of bad).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
ccs1989 at 8:30AM, March 11, 2007
(online)
Yeah, Marilyn Manson is a smart guy, and that rant, or speech or whatever was very true. I still don't understand a lot of the things he does, dressing up like that and all, because although he's rebelling against society I just see that as kind over doing it. I guess that's because I'm too much a part of the machine he's rebelling against.

Anyway I feel that I'm priviledged to go to a school that has absolutely no school spirit, and there's none of this “Jocks rule all” thing. I guess that's a byproduct of living in an Ivy League University town. I wouldn't want to go school in a lot of other places in this country.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
subcultured at 10:52AM, March 11, 2007
(online)
hmmm..i see MM as playing a role, he was afterall in theater before he became famous.

the entertainment co. is all about selling an image and a way of life, it's like seeing a movie and knowing that someone getting killed is not really dead.

i still argue that if those columbine kids had good parenting about respecting life, then the entertainmnet industry (which plays on the world of fantasy) shouldn't overcome that parenting.

what's a 5 min music track gonna do?
unless those kids are on the way to become monsters already when they become adults
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
Phantom Penguin at 11:53AM, March 11, 2007
(offline)
i never really liked his music much. But i've heard him speak before, hes pretty smart and i almost always agree with him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Hawk at 4:31PM, March 11, 2007
(online)
subcultured
hmmm..i see MM as playing a role, he was afterall in theater before he became famous.

Yeah, that's what's interesting about all of this. I think many of the things he says in this rant are true and interesting, but to me, he seems just as much a commercial commodity as he accuses Christianity of being. He's made up to look like a product for all the troubled and confused youth.

He's purposely dressed himself up to look like a disruptor of society, and now he's complaining that people claim he is. And for all his complaints on blame-throwing he seems to be throwing a lot of his own. I just want to say to him, “Yeah, society's got problems, but let's not fly off the handle, okay? Let's work with each other instead of throwing blame. It's really not all that bad.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved