Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Marvel Heroes Comic Book Creator
Mr_Vortex at 9:02AM, Feb. 21, 2008
(online)
I saw this ‘game’ at Walmart on sale for $5.00 and I'm wondering if any one has used it or seen it enough to have an opinion on it.

Is it worth $5.00?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
PottymouthPress at 1:29PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(offline)
It's a program. It's basically Comic Book Creator w/ a library of Marvel shots. Like if you wanted to drag scenes in and make Captain America tell Spider-Man “That's right you suck my d*** bitch” or whatever.
Comic Book Creator itself is kind of a fun program, and for $5.00 bucks you can't beat it. It's a drag and drop based application. Depending on how you do your stuff, you can drag the whole scene in, or if yoy like to make backgrounds first, then add characters on top, you can do that too. It even has a variety of premade text bubbles you can adjust for size. My favorite part is that it has premade page templates, and you can change the background color of the templates. But before you comic book dreams start to race, I need to point out a couple things:

1) If you're just looking for a program to organize you scanned drawings or Photoshop jpegs into a clean template format, then add text bubbles, you'll like this one. If you're trying to be the next groundbreaking comic artist, or you just like to design your own templates (drawing the frame dimensions yourself) and bubbles, you'll hate this program. It's an easy way to produce a print ready comic book, but you will be limited to only the page templates and bubbles and dialogues box styles that they offer. It doesn't produce bad results, but some artists are so uptight about giving the entire page a custom feel. All this is really gonna come down to what you want out of your comic, whether this is a hobby, or even a career. If nothing else, it's a great starting point.

2) There is no art rendering tools of any kind in this program. It's the dragging and dropping of work you made in Photoshop or by hand, the library of Marvel clips, or maybe even still shots taken from a video editor like Movie Maker or Vegas (like if you want to take shot from an anime and do an abridged fan comic or something). But you won't be able to render original art through this program. It's pretty much just a page organizer.

If the you're OK with what the program has to offer, it is a very easy program to use. I've included a link yo Planetwide Games, the software maker. They have tours and very-easy-to-follow tutorials, so anything I haven't explained can be found out there. I had this program before, so I can tell you, for $5.00 bucks, you definitely got your money's worth! Enjoy the program!!

http://www.planetwidegames.com/
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved