Random Discussion

Mass Shooter graduated from Virginia Tech
kyupol at 7:06PM, Nov. 6, 2009
(offline)
http://www.wdbj7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11452087

– Hasan reported to Fort Hood in July. He previously worked at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center pursuing his career in psychiatry.

He received his medical degree from the military's Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda, Md., in 2001. Hasan graduated with honors from Virginia Tech in 1995. He also attended Virginia Western Community College before enrolling at VT.

Is it a coincidence that this guy also went to Virginia Tech and did the same thing?

What is the likelihood that two mass shooters come from the same school?

Hmmm…
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
BffSatan at 8:54PM, Nov. 6, 2009
(online)
kyupol
Is it a coincidence that this guy also went to Virginia Tech and did the same thing?
Yes.

-OR-

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:21AM
ozoneocean at 9:16PM, Nov. 6, 2009
(online)
BffSatan
Pic
Pure gold man! :)

————-
Kyupol, mass shootings in the U.S. are pretty common. Gun ownership is very common too. And the amount of people pumped through those universities is colossal! Thousands and thousands… I'm surprised that you can't find MORE shooters from the same place.

Anyway, it's interesting here in that we've no idea how many he really killed or wounded. There are 13 dead and around thirty or so wounded, but he didn't do all the shooting himself. Those reacting to the situation shot a lot of people too. I have to wonder whether they'll be honest about who shot who? My instincts are that they'll blame all the worst shootings on the major no matter what.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
Hawk at 11:10AM, Nov. 7, 2009
(online)
BffSatan, thank you for the best laugh I've had in a month.

And anyway, everybody knows it's videogames' fault.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
ozoneocean at 7:24AM, Nov. 8, 2009
(online)
From what I've heard of the story it seems as I've predicted. At first they were saying that for the major to have sho and killed all those people was “counter intuitive” and that some of it must have been “friendly fire”.

Now they're saying there's “no question” that he did ALL the shooting. …OK… One guy with two pistols fires over 100 rounds and manages to kill 13 and injure 30. What is he? Rambo? He's the terminator now apparently.
I don't say it's impossible, but I do say it's unlikely. And it tends to look a little better if you can blame it all on the bad guy. Not too good for truth and cold logic though.

Hawk at 9:19AM, Nov. 8, 2009
(online)
You know, I had the same thoughts going through my head, Ozone. I eventually started to assume that he opened fire at a very vulnerable time, like when they're all asleep in bed, or in the showers… but that's a total assumption. I just can't imagine armed and trained soldiers letting him get away with that many kills and injuries.

Then there's the fact that some people are saying he did it because he was afraid to get deployed in the war. If he's afraid to go killing people or risk getting killed by people, why start a war right there where he was stationed?

Anyway, there are a lot of weird things about this tragic story, and still very little I understand.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
seventy2 at 9:27AM, Nov. 8, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
From what I've heard of the story it seems as I've predicted. At first they were saying that for the major to have sho and killed all those people was “counter intuitive” and that some of it must have been “friendly fire”.

Now they're saying there's “no question” that he did ALL the shooting. …OK… One guy with two pistols fires over 100 rounds and manages to kill 13 and injure 30. What is he? Rambo? He's the terminator now apparently.
I don't say it's impossible, but I do say it's unlikely. And it tends to look a little better if you can blame it all on the bad guy. Not too good for truth and cold logic though.

1. He's in the military.
2. Only Military police are allowed to carry weapons on base.
3. with 100 rounds, i'm surprised he only killed 13, and wounded 30.

also, initial reports said he killed himself, but he's still alive. Granted they're not saying where.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
ozoneocean at 9:37AM, Nov. 8, 2009
(online)
seventy2
1. He's in the military.
2. Only Military police are allowed to carry weapons on base.
3. with 100 rounds, i'm surprised he only killed 13, and wounded 30.
He had two pistols. I don't really see how he could have fired 100 rounds. And that's what the officers were saying at the start. They said it was “counter intuitive”. 100 rounds fired yes, but all from him?

Certainly it's possible, if he could reload, and reload, and reload… It all depends on how long he was able to continue before they shot him down.

seventy2 at 9:50AM, Nov. 8, 2009
(online)
2 pistols, more than likely 9mm. start with 16 rounds each. (15 in the clip, one in the chamber. rate of fire with a quick reload, 45 rpm. that's 3 clips. give the guy six minutes, and he's pry shot a total of 80 rounds, on top of that, he had a shoot out with an officer.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
lba at 10:22AM, Nov. 8, 2009
(online)
Given the amount of rounds I used to be able to pump through a pistol at the range with one Sig Sauer P226, which only has a 12 round magazine, in a minute, it doesn't seem impossible to me at all for someone to spit out 100 rounds in a couple minutes if he had pre-loaded magazines and two pistols with him. Especially if they were Taurus'. Granted, when I tried it at the range I managed to hit the target twice with about 30 rounds, but nobody said the rounds had to actually hit anything to be fired.

I think I remember something about the various shooters who have attended that school at different points in time. Virginia tech is big even by American standards for a University. I'll have to see if I can locate the article.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved