Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Michael Jackson Cardiac Arrest.
skoolmunkee at 6:01PM, June 25, 2009
(offline)
In case anyone missed my edit to the OP, I'm going to delete any tasteless child molestation and/or pedo comments (for clarification, all of them are tasteless). We aren't 4chan or SA, I'd hope we can keep a thread like this at least somewhat respectful without drudging up that kind of thing.

Edit: It's ok to have a discussion involving it, just no ‘the world’s children breathe a little easier, RIP pedo' type of stuff
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Skullbie at 6:12PM, June 25, 2009
(online)
It's hard to bring MJ up without mentioning pedophiles, that title defines him almost as much as ‘king of pop’, despite crocty thinking that you need a guilty verdict to be one.

I wonder what he would have been like if the media never got obsessed with him …

Ohyeah
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
crocty at 6:14PM, June 25, 2009
(offline)
Skullbie
It's hard to bring MJ up without mentioning pedophiles, that title defines him almost as much as ‘king of pop’, despite crocty thinking that you need a guilty verdict to be one.
No…Just if you're found innocent of a crime, chances are you're innocent.
Maybe he's not, but we can't really say because we don't know, and it's really not relevant in the slightest.
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Inkmonkey at 6:21PM, June 25, 2009
(offline)
I'm reminded of when the Crocodile Hunter died, and my mind just couldn't process it because, well… from my perspective, he wasn't a “real” person. In large part I feel the same way about Michael. Which is really strange, because I remember really liking Michael Jackson when I was younger. I remember finding a white hat, pretending it's a fedora, and trying to moonwalk. I never could, but if I tried it wearing socks on a linoleum floor, I thought it was close enough.

I guess this really doesn't hit me as hard because, while I never really perceived the Croc Hunter as a real person, I could understand everyone around him as a real person, and what he did as real actions. There were a lot of animals alive right now that wouldn't be if it wasn't for Steve Irwin. But Michael Jackson… his whole life was just too out there. Even when he started going bankrupt and got pulled back down to earth (one of the early signs that, despite his appearance, the Prince of Pop was human like the rest of us) I stil just saw him as that crazy cat looking thing that kept going to court for touching children. I didn't even see him as the artist who created all this great music and amazing music videos that I still listen to and watch these days. He's just some white guy who has the same name.

Despite him up and walking around, I guess in my mind Michael Jackson: the Michael Jackson that meant something to me, has been dead for years.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
skoolmunkee at 6:24PM, June 25, 2009
(offline)
It doesn't really matter what resulted from any court or out of court proceedings. Once a person is accused in the public eye of being a pedophile, they're branded for life. Jackson had the misfortune to be an extremely well known figure (and a very eccentric one) so people are MORE than happy to believe he's guilty of terrible things regardless of any basis in fact or reality. When it comes to celebrities it seems people generally prefer to believe the worst.

Arguing about whether Jackson was or wasn't sexually interested in children is irrelevant only in the sense that no one's mind is going to be changed about it. I basically know nothing about it, so I try to withhold judgment. I think it's a shame that the guy is probably going to be remembered more for his weirdness and some terrible allegations than for the great music he made, charities he supported, etc. Which is most of the reason I am hoping we can keep the pedo stuff to a minimum.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
HippieVan at 6:30PM, June 25, 2009
(online)
Walrus
As far as I'm concerned, his trial is a little fishy and his death is fake. Why? That unreleased album will still be released. Why? This is a scam, all to hype up his album. Maybe he thought no one would buy it, just like his recent album (not the 25th anniversary album). So he came up with this whole elaborate plan to make millions off of it. HIS DEATH IS A FRAUD!!!

I knew that was coming…every time someone famous dies, people think it's a hoax. Unfortunately, no matter how much money or recognition you get, you don't become immortal.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
HyenaHell at 6:34PM, June 25, 2009
(online)
MJ had the misfortune of being propelled into a larger than life status at a very young age, and was a very emotionally disturbed person perhaps because of that. But whatever. Whether you have respect for him or not, he was an incredibly influential and at time ground-breaking artist. It's a shame his career was tainted with the whole pedophile scandal; and that especially younger people remember him for that more than for his music. :(

But f**l all y'all haters. I'm saddened by his passing. It feels like the end of an era.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
PIT_FACE at 7:40PM, June 25, 2009
(online)
it was also very sudden, i dont think anyone saw it comming. im sure it doesnt make it easier.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
lefarce at 8:06PM, June 25, 2009
(online)
Someone
In case anyone missed my edit to the OP, I'm going to delete any tasteless child molestation and/or pedo comments (for clarification, all of them are tasteless). We aren't 4chan or SA, I'd hope we can keep a thread like this at least somewhat respectful without drudging up that kind of thing.

I appreciate the edit. I was going to PQ you after making the thread to ask if an eye could be kept on it so civil discussion could continue.

Also I found out today that my mom owns one of the original prints of Thriller in vinyl. My mother adored Jackson's work, and owned every cassette of his. I remember sittig in an old Ford van listening to “Leave Me Alone”, riding to day care or school. Hearing “Thriller” on the way to Burger King. The songs do more for me than pass the time. They invoke emotions and memories. In many more ways than songs to pass car rides, Jackson's music was the soundtrack to my childhood.

Jackson's death doesnt shock me. It doesnt make me feel sad. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth that I cant wash out. I can only wait until it fades away and just forget about it. Regardless of who he was in his private life, I dont and didnt care. All I know is a brilliant man died today. A man who created music that entertained me as a child, as a teenager, and as an adult, and that will continue to entertain me and draw me to the past for years to come.

Michael Jackson is dead, but his music lives on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlJZUaEPSXA

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 11:14PM, June 25, 2009
(offline)
a brief clarification on the pedophile thing, not to drudge it up again (E! true hollywood story was on earlier today, and my parents were watching it)– the first lawsuit was settled out of court (which isn't an admission of pedophilia; it could just be an attempt to salvage his image with less scandal) and he won the second one.

When crazy stuff like this happens… I mean, I was never a huge MJ fan (although I used to do a great impression of him when I was five or so!!) but I'm saddened nonetheless. Especially since he was planning such a grand comeback. And also, vaguely knowing the sordid details about his abusive father, I always hoped against hope that MJ would stop being so crazy and just live like a normal guy.

But alas.

Oh, and Billie Jean is a great song. And the music video is so neat! it mesmerized me when I was a kid– the flashing tiles!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
Ozoneocean at 11:58PM, June 25, 2009
(online)
It was strange watching him become a real life manga character…
I wanted to see what he looked like when he got old. :(

I loved his early stuff. With people like Michael Jackson they just become so famous and well known that they're like human landmarks on the global landscape- you have no relationship with them, you don't have to like them or dislike them, or care about them in the slightest, you are just aware of their existence out there (like a bright star haha), so when they wink out it's a but of a shock.
- like if a bright star suddenly disappeared from the sky, or a familiar landmark in your area just wasn't there anymore one day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
AzuJOD at 12:35AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
The King is dead…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Faliat at 1:52AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
The guy was planning a comeback tour and everything. Oddly titled “This is it”.

And to all those that are finding it good that he's dead because he “molestered” children, could you imagine just for ONE SECOND that he might not have done anything?
And if he didn't, imagine the torture that man must've gone through for all those years. Carrying the burden of never having a childhood combined with being threatened and beaten by his own father and people taking advantage of his fame to get to him through the media.

Whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty? Sounds like a lot of people online have never heard of it.

My sister and I sat up until three in the morning watching his body getting wheeled out of that helicopter both when it happened and about twelve times afterwards within the same hour. And then later on saw Germaine struggling to keep his composure while begging the press to let the family grieve in peace.

It's sickening… really sickening.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
Product Placement at 2:05AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Wow. I must say, this news came as a surprise to me. The guy was only 50 for crying out loud. I hadn't heard of any health problems that he was facing.
Custard Trout
crocty
They found him innocent
No they didn't, he settled it out of court with the family (i.e. he bribed them). Unless there was a second trail that I'm unaware of.
There were in fact two trials. That's why so many people are convinced that he was a pedophile. The first time, he settled out of court to prevent the media circus that would form around the case but obviously that was a bad mistake since it made other people come out of the woodwork, saying: “He molested our child too! Can we have money as well?” The second trial is the one that played out to the end where he was found innocent. He was quirky all right. Preferred the accompany of children over men. It's creepy yes when you consider how old he was but I don't think his intentions were sexual in nature.
AzuJOD
The King is dead…
That title only belongs to one man. Michael is, at best, the prince of pop.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
Ozoneocean at 2:52AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Wow. I must say, this news came as a surprise to me. The guy was only 50 for crying out loud. I hadn't heard of any health problems that he was facing.
They say it was probably the drugs he was using to get in shape.
AzuJOD
The King is dead…
Product Placement
That title only belongs to one man.
I know- Robert Palmer. :(
He died of a heart attack too!
…stupid Elvis :P
Product Placement
Micheal is, at best, the prince of pop.
No way! Prince is the Prince.
And why do people ALWAYS spell Michael wrong? huh!?
My sister does that all the time too. -_-
Product Placement at 2:57AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Well then…. how about… the Duke of dance?

Oh and it was a typo. Of course I knew Michea..Michael was written like that.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Ironscarf at 3:18AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
The Duke

That title only belongs to one man.

Michael was the Wizard of Odd.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
Product Placement at 3:37AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Ironscarf
Wizard of Odd.
I always felt like that title belong to the later day Beatles.

Look.. obviously many of these titles are taken. He can't be the King of rock so at best he's the Queen of Rock.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Ozoneocean at 4:00AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Ugh, Freddie Mercury man. T_T

He can't be the Count either, probably not even the Marquis given all those Jazz guys and their preference for titles…

What about Princess? Dowager Queen? … lady in waiting?
Ironscarf at 4:06AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
The Swami of Barmy?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
HyenaHell at 4:23AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
MJ videos all week on VH1!!!

I'm watchin' it now! :)
Ozoneocean at 4:32AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
I downloaded my faves from youtube-
-Billie Jean
-Rock with You
-Thriller
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Product Placement at 4:41AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Oh man… granting this guy a title is hard.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
HyenaHell at 4:43AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
I downloaded my faves from youtube-
-Billie Jean
-Rock with You
-Thriller
-The Way You Make Me Feel
-Don't Stop Till You Get Enough
Mine:
Bad
Beat it
Smooth Criminal
Thriller
Billie Jean
The way you make me feel
I wanna be a Marysue at 4:51AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
I was never a fan of Michael. But I knew people who were.
But i'm a little shocked with how sudden MJ's death was. I didn't like the guy, but i'd been hearing the news about him having a comeback tour, and no news of him being in bad health. And at 50 too. Seems kind of young.
I'll defiantly be keeping an eye on further news about this, but only because I find celebrity fans immensely interesting. For some reason.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:55PM
Ozoneocean at 5:46AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
I liked “Bad” when it came out, just for his costume. But I had that on a mixtape with a lotta other songs I liked and it got old FAST with a lot of replaying. Too much gasping and stuff.
HyenaHell at 6:05AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
I liked “Bad” when it came out, just for his costume. But I had that on a mixtape with a lotta other songs I liked and it got old FAST with a lot of replaying. Too much gasping and stuff.
OHMYGOD if I was 20 lbs thinner, and 10.000 richer, I'd totally dress like 80's Michael Jackson- with the bondage pants and the leather jackets and like, 10 belts… Man has style.

I forgot
Man in the Mirror, by the way.
skoolmunkee at 6:28AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
Guys, this page might make it easier to pick an honorific that hasn't been taken (although MJ is already on there a couple times)
IT'S OLD BATMAN
Ozoneocean at 6:39AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Hyena H_ll
I'd totally dress like 80's Michael Jackson
That costume was almost too cool for reality.
skoolmunkee
Guys, this page might make it easier to pick an honorific that hasn't been taken (although MJ is already on there a couple times)
How did you even know of the existence of such a thing? o_O
AwesomeUnicorn at 6:47AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
Michael Jackson will always be the Warlock of Pop and the Master of the Moonwalk in my heart.

I remember being almost obsessed with him when I was about 8-10 years old. I only listened to him and Weird Al, oddly enough.

I remember when they released the Scream video, MTV was having a huge contest with all the guitars from the video as prizes and I spent all day by the phone trying to win one. I think my mom thought it was funny, but she was a big fan of him.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon