Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Michael Jackson Cardiac Arrest.
bravo1102 at 6:50AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
Prince is Prince

Michael Jackson is the King (or prince) of pop

Elvis is the King of Rock and Roll

Duke Ellington is a duke among musicians.

There will always only be ONE Duke:

You walk into a room of people and talk about the Duke it's always John Wayne. Period, the end.

When you say Iron Duke there's only one person:

You have to be specific with the wording so the unenlightened understand just who the heck you're talking about. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 6:56AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
bravo1102
When you say Iron Duke
And I always think of

…I didn't sound as good as MJ though :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
bravo1102 at 7:01AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
That's why I specified “person”

I listen to “The best hits of the 60's, 70's and 80's on the Jersey Shore” all weekend so I've been hearing a lot of Michael Jackson lately. What a great musician. I was looking forward to his come back and hopefully a new album. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 7:20AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
Ships ARE people! >.<

Jackson's music after the late 80s = “Ugh, uh, UH, uh, uh uh, OW!”
Personally, I think he would've done better if he concentrated on dancing. that was his true gift. He even sings like a dancer.
HyenaHell at 8:28AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Ships ARE people! >.<

Jackson's music after the late 80s = “Ugh, uh, UH, uh, uh uh, OW!”
Personally, I think he would've done better if he concentrated on dancing. that was his true gift. He even sings like a dancer.
Of course ships are people! That's why they have names.

Michael Jackson used to get all facsist and fire backup dancers like whoa, on account of none of them were even close to as good as he was; he did all his own choreography. My partner insists he's the best entertainer of all time.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Hawk at 9:53AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
You know, I LOVED Thriller when I was five. I rented its video from the video store several times at that age. I can't really say I've been a fan, other than that. I'm honestly a bit sad we've lost him, though. Strange as the guy was, he was interesting. And some of the things he did warrant a bit of respect.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
MagickLorelai at 10:08AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
Oh man. Ooooh, man.

This is still surreal for me. I'm not sure it's sunk in just yet, especially because of the disconnect I had with MJ over recent years (Whether or not he was innocent, it was hard watching him (literally) fall apart on camera).

He was a major figure in my youth. He was a very talented man, amazingly gifted with song and dance, and he helped define the culture for at LEAST one whole generation, if not more. I still have my favorite songs of his on a mix CD. Thriller really spooked me as a child, if only for the last bit at the end where he whips around with the yellow eyes, and Vincent Price is laughing darkly over it. (It also inspired me a lot later on, heh).

He was a strange man, and when that got dragged into broad daylight and laughed at, you could see him shattering. He was a tender-hearted man, if eccentric, and it clearly appalled him to see the media (and fan) treatment of celebrities, especially when he was at the center of it.

My feelings on the man are mixed. But, I'll say this, a major part of my childhood is now officially gone. May he finally get some peace from the circus his life became.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
skoolmunkee at 10:50AM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
How did you even know of the existence of such a thing? o_O
I googled ‘rock music honorific’ :] There's pretty much a wiki page for everything now. The internet is amazing.

Hyena H_ll
Of course ships are people! That's why they have names.
They all have female names. So it depends on whether you think women are people.

Apparently, the doctor who was with Jackson when he died and first tried to revive him has gone walkies. The same doctor apparently also gave him strong painkillers. His car was the one they towed from the property and they find it very suspicious that he didn't sign a death certificate. (Although they were still trying to revive him for an hour even at the hospital, so maybe that was just optimism.) At any rate if MJ died from drug complications, you can bet his creditors are going to be all over that doctor's ass. It would be pretty crummy to be known as the guy who accidentally killed Michael Jackson.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
TheMidge28 at 11:02AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
What made this strange for me 2-3 days ago, if I remember right… on Chelsea Lately… they had mentioned a news bit that Lou Ferrigno was training Michael Jackson to get him in shape for his upcoming tour. I thought it was funny then when I heard it, but it shocked me more when Jackson died.
What training regimen did he put him on?
What did Lou do?
Was Michael saying “I can't do it! I can't do it! My chest hurts!”
And Lou was like… “Huh?”
Michael screeched, “I Can't Do It! I have to stop! My heart hurts!”
And Lou was like… “Huh?”

(For the kids who don't know who Lou Ferrigno is was a body builder who played The Incredible Hulk on TV and he's deaf.)

Maybe he was juicing…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Ozoneocean at 11:03AM, June 26, 2009
(online)
skoolmunkee
The internet is amazing.
True.
I should've realised. ^__^
skoolmunkee
So it depends on whether you think women are people.
No. Only ships.
skoolmunkee
It would be pretty crummy to be known as the guy who accidentally killed Michael Jackson.
That was no accident. That was moider!
-Quincy MD

If I made a bungle like that, I'd probably bolt too. it'd be hard to think rationally after that :(

———
Actually, no I wouldn't. I really am just too rational. But I can understand that he may have felt that way.
NickGuy at 4:00PM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
skoolmunkee
They all have female names. So it depends on whether you think women are people.

oh man, that is like a fastball down the middle…im not even swinging on purpose

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Walrus at 5:08PM, June 26, 2009
(online)
crocty
Skullbie
It's hard to bring MJ up without mentioning pedophiles, that title defines him almost as much as ‘king of pop’, despite crocty thinking that you need a guilty verdict to be one.
No…Just if you're found innocent of a crime, chances are you're innocent.
Maybe he's not, but we can't really say because we don't know, and it's really not relevant in the slightest.

That's like Saying OJ “The Juice” Simpson is innocent just because he was found not guilty. We all know he did it, he got away with it. Who's to say it can't happen again?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
Kristen Gudsnuk at 5:37PM, June 26, 2009
(offline)
1.) Elvis= The King
2.) Lisa Marie Presley= princess?
3.) Michael Jackson marries LMP;
4.) MJ becomes prince?
5.) Prince, sensing defeat, becomes the Artist formerly known as Prince.

wow, I've been listening to MJ all day. Today marks the longest I've ever (or ever will, most likely) watched BET. They were showing his videos!! “Don't stop till you get enough”… awsm.

I wasn't around for Thriller and Bad, but I *was* aware of them (and the weird al yankovich parodies… “Eat it” and “Fat” were funny…)
And his 90s songs just ENCAPSULATE my early childhood.

Ex:
You are not alone
the free willy theme song
Black or White

;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:23PM
tea_green at 8:06PM, June 27, 2009
(online)
I'm gonna start this off with a bit of a rant.

Wikipedia
La Toya was one of the first siblings present at Reagan-UCLA Medical Center on June 25, 2009 after her brother Michael Jackson was pronounced dead after suffering cardiac arrest.

Where does La Toya get off acting like she was the sister of the year. After her Playboy stint and telling anyone who would listen that her brother was a pedo she has some nerve acting like things are just fine. I don't think she had a right to be there. You'd think she was waiting for it or something. Sure she said that her abusive husband forced her to say those things but I think that's bull. Janet stuck by Michael and she was the one who kept trying to be in the spotlight. Janet only appeared at her brother's side when he needed support. I'm sure Rebbie was there somewhere but I've forgotten what she even looks like. So, screw you La Toya. Two-faced jerk.

Wikipedia
In 1997, she ended her estrangement with the entire Jackson family.

She ended it. Ah well, I guess anyone can forgive when it's your sister….

As for the whole molestation thing, I'm kinda on the fence about it. When the other trials came around, I was getting mad at the parents. Why did they keep sending their kids to his house? I felt that the parents should have been charged with child endangerment or something. If they were going to put MJ on trial then the parents should have gone too. Nobody really even tried to help Michael adjust either. No one got him therapy, no one introduced him to older people and encouraged him to hang out with adults. Everyone listens to somebody and the people that Michael was listening to obviously didn't seem to care.

I'm dissapointed that there aren't gonna be anymore collaberations between Michael and Janet. I felt that they were both equally talented and “Scream” is one of my favorite tracks from either one of them. I feel that at least he's at peace now though I do say that things feel a bit empty realizing that he's gone. First David Carradine and now Jacko. WHY MUST EVERYTHING I LOVE BE TAKEN FROM ME?!?

He had some good songs though but honestly, growing up I thought he was a girl. Then I realized he was a man and had a weird crush on him but whatever. I will now express my devotion by downloading his entire discography off PirateBay. lol, I joke, I joke…>_>
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
seventy2 at 10:10AM, June 28, 2009
(online)
RIP Billy Mays
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
skoolmunkee at 10:31AM, June 28, 2009
(offline)
This isn't a great week for famous people.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
lefarce at 11:05AM, June 28, 2009
(online)
Billy Mays died, what the fuck is going on?

Can we just make this a “HOLY SHIT EVERYONE AWESOME IS DYING” thread?

I mean I would predict who is going to go next, but most of these have just been out of left field, save for Fawcett. Of course with her death already being massively overshadowed by MJ's, I hight doubt anyone is going to really know about Mays, which is just damn sad. Specially since he was at his PEAK lately.

Also despite the moronic assertions that MJ “raped for a fact”, this is still a far more mature discussion than SA and 4chan. I'm proud of you DD.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
HyenaHell at 11:14AM, June 28, 2009
(online)
lefarce
Can we just make this a “HOLY SHIT EVERYONE AWESOME IS DYING” thread?

Done and done.
Skullbie at 11:24AM, June 28, 2009
(online)
The badass oxiclean guy just died?? What the fuck man :( He had the kindest face and happiest voice, even when he was spritzing a bottle of fluid that would devour your face skin in seconds. :(

They're saying MJ is going to be bigger in death than Elvis, i wonder if we'll start seeing MJ sightings around las vegas now lol

For who'd next I think it will be Fabio because he's 50 and a notable icon
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
lefarce at 12:40PM, June 28, 2009
(online)

IN MEMORY

EDIT: I'm going to predict May's cause of death as being complications relating to his hard landing a few days ago. I guess the front tires of his plane went out and they had to do an emergency landing, although everyone was scared and a bit shaken up, no one was severely wounded.

That doesnt mean such a jarring impact cant shake a blood clot loose, or even form one. So my money is on that. Again it's just a damn shame, he was on top of his game lately.

NickGuy at 12:47PM, June 28, 2009
(offline)

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
HyenaHell at 12:49PM, June 28, 2009
(online)
NickGuy

lmfao. lol!
lefarce at 12:52PM, June 28, 2009
(online)
Oboy 4chan.

I like how nothing in that picture is noteworthy enough for a screencap other than it containing two memes long since beaten to death and raped into a fine paste.

kyupol at 4:04PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
michael jackson is God

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17961943780

We believe that Michael Jackson is an Angel trapped inside a human flesh.
A Precious Treasure that God (or any high power you choose to believe in) gave us.

Michael symbolizes us purity, innocence, eternal childhood, unconditional love to animals and children, extraordinary talent, and great inspiration to hundreds and thousands of people around the world, and not only due to the fact that he's the greatest artist to walk our planet.

Michael Jackson is also a unique being and that's the cause to his isolation from the public's eye.
Michael represents the hopes and dreams that live in each and every one of us, and he's exceptional personality is the source to his constant media bashing and character assassination.

Even though we're aware that he's physically human, the wholesome of his existence drives us to believe that he's spiritually divine.

Written by the founders of ‘AMF’- aMJel & Genesis.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
tiffawolf at 5:31PM, July 4, 2009
(online)
i could care less how people judged him, seen him or thought of him. he made it farther than elvis for one,hell, he married elvis's daughter,lisa. i congrats the man on that. i use to be a huge fan of the guy and still i love his music, he inspired thousands of people all over the world with his dancing and music and made alot feel alive when they heard his music. i still love his music today. yeah he will be missed by alot including me, i always sit around waiting for a new album. there are too many haters in the world, if u dont like the guy and u hate him so much and u believe he was guilty, why bother i say, why do people take time out of there days to actualy get on the computer and go around commenting bad things about him on his music videos, i mean it isnt like the fans will listen or even care and the only thing that comes out of it is trouble, u either get banned from a site or cussed out so for haters, keep it to urself cause no one listens or cares, trust me i hate a alot of things and people and i dont run around commenting on there videos or pictures saying i hate them and bringing up things theyve done bad in life. i keep it to myself cause if i had the time to comment there videos i couldnt call myself a antifan now could i. micheal will always be a number one fav of mine
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
Product Placement at 4:35PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
Oh Look! Michael is back!

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon