Debate and Discussion

Michael Moore?
kyupol at 9:57PM, Dec. 14, 2007
(offline)

Do you agree with this guy or not? I watched 3 of his documentaries:
- Fahrenheit 9-11
- Bowling for columbine
- Sicko

I say I agree with at around 70% of what he says. Most of the 30% disagreement is on the bowling for columbine film.

Anyway Ive seen these two films that criticize him:

-Michael Moore Hates America

- FahrenHYPE 9-11

Though even while seeing those 2 films, my opinions havent changed. I just saw though that Michael Moore wont let himself be interviewed and is too stuck up in his own ego. He may have valid points on the stuff he says but the way of refusing an interview with one of his critics makes him look bad.

NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
StaceyMontgomery at 4:58AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
Im not a huge fan of Moore's - but I dont understand the objection you raise here. I would never let myself be interviewed by my critics.

I mean, it's never come up. If i have any critics, they dont seem to want to interview me.

But still, if I had any, and they wanted to, I'd say no.

It just doesnt sound like fun.

So I'm OK with that part.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
CharleyHorse at 5:04AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
I think it depends on what Michale Moore is after in life. If he just wants a modicum of fame and fortune and the opportunity to occasionally produce a powerful documentary then he may not want to make himself all that accessible to others.

At this stage it must be very difficult for him to practice his craft simply because roughly fifty percent of the population have swallowed so much professionally crafted propaganda from the far right where Moore is concerned that they honestly believe that he is Satan's handmaiden.

Consider this, nothing - and I mean nothing - that he can say to the nation's rightists will alter their opinion towards him, if he remains essentially honest where his beliefs and idealism is concerned. On the other hand, the chances are good that if a person has not been gulping the professionally produced and sugar laden goodness of far rightist propaganda where Moore is concerned he or she already has a good opinion of Michael Moore, and so what's going to be changed there by his becoming more accessible?

The left and far left in the United States do not outright own the equivalent of a Clear Channel dummy corporation utterly dedicated to their idealism and political policies, have not crafted huge think tanks that have become quasi-government organizations, do not have known propagandists - such as Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulture, O'Rielly and countless radio talk show hosts and an entire television cable network working exclusively for their political party and so if anyone affiliated with truth and honesty and integrity were to produce a pro Michael Moore piece not only would that individual immediately be attacked in coordinated concert by the far right's well oiled propagandist machinery but so, too, would Michael Moore be savaged again for week after week after dreary week with nary a solid bit of truth telling from any individuals on the left that would compare to the sheer volume of the concerted propaganda generated from the right.

Recall that this propaganda machinery of the far right's not only helped sell Bush's Iraq Invasion scheme to the entire rest of the nation but has been responsible for giving the rubber stamp republicans political cover for their rubber stamp action where Bush is concerned, and did pretty much get Bush elected in 2004. No honest voice from the left or hand full of honest voices are sufficient to counter the lies and distortions jointly produced by the right's propaganda machinery.

It's simply NOT in Michael Moore's best interests to give interviews and so forth UNLESS he is just about to release a new documentary, or is trying to promote one immediately after release, wherein he can actually use the rights professional propaganda network system as a advertising medium for his product. In that case, bad press is still good press for Moore's purposes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
bobhhh at 7:32AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
I think he's a genius.

He has managed to come from a depressed town, Flint Michigan(lived there 7 years, I know firsthand), and has risen by his wits to the point where he helps steer the national agenda.

The fact we even discuss him is testament to how he has influenced the debate. Sure he lays it on a little thick, but there are things you can't deny the truth of. Like the woman mourning her son F911, or the media fear mongering in Columbine, or the testaments of insurance abandonig people's claims in Sicko. Moore didn't make this shit up. These are real people and he has succeeded in giving them a voice loud enough to compete with the K street lobbyists.

No wonder the right hates his guts.
My name is Bob and I approved this signature.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:29AM
TnTComic at 8:56AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
I don't think he's a genius, but I do applaud his ability to raise questions. That's what bothers me most about the haters. He's not saying things as much as he's asking things. Most people think Columbine was anti-gun, but that's not what it was at all. Columbine was a movie that asked why America is so violent. That's something the haters of Moore can never figure out. They get stuck on the minutae and miss the point.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
bobhhh at 9:59AM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
TnTComic
I don't think he's a genius, but I do applaud his ability to raise questions. That's what bothers me most about the haters. He's not saying things as much as he's asking things. Most people think Columbine was anti-gun, but that's not what it was at all. Columbine was a movie that asked why America is so violent. That's something the haters of Moore can never figure out. They get stuck on the minutae and miss the point.

Ok maybe genius is not appropriate :), and I agree with the rest of youre assesment as well.
TitanOne at 2:14PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
Do you agree with this guy or not? I watched 3 of his documentaries:
- Fahrenheit 9-11
- Bowling for columbine
- Sicko
I haven't watched “Bowling for Columbine” or “Sicko” because I disagree with nationalized health care and gun control (although I've heard “Columbine” was about fear mongering more than gun rights).

I saw Fahrenheit 9-11, and I was pretty impressed with the film. The high point, I think, was when he was interviewing John Conyers about how the Patriot Act was voted in by Congress without reading it, and Conyers responded "son, we don't read most of things that come up for a vote.“

He also did a wonderful job of making George Bush and Paul Wolfowitz look like morons onscreen…I can't put the image of Wolfowitz licking his pocket comb and combing his hair with saliva out of my head, when I think about the film. And the final shot with Dubya sputtering ”you can't get fooled again".

Of course the neo-cons in the GOP Talk Radio Right (not to be confused with real conservatives or real patriots) hate him; he does what they do better, and in cinema format. And he pulled back the curtain on 9-11, which has become their their raison d'etre.

The main thing is that when you watch the embarrassing coverage of the government Moore put into the film, it turns upside down the talk radio cliche that “the elitist liberal Press is out to get George W. Bush.” It is neither liberal nor adversarial–the media supports wartime presidents and it has glamorized Bush and his war quite a bit more than the reality.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
JayBlaster at 2:19PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
The man alters certain interview, press conference, and public announcement videos to better suit the message he's trying to portray, but at the same time, I can't say I've seen a documentary that hasn't contained at least a few half-truths in it. Am I right?
Regarding his intelligence or anything related, I think he knows what to pick to get his society riled up and arguing. If I were to make a documentary trying tp prove that abortion is the greatest thing since sliced bread, people would be right pissed at me. However, the select few who back me up are the select few hundred backing Moore.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
bobhhh at 5:55PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(offline)
TitanOne
I haven't watched “Bowling for Columbine” or “Sicko” because I disagree with nationalized health care and gun control (although I've heard “Columbine” was about fear mongering more than gun rights).

I always am intersted in watching docs by the other side. I am a registered memeber of 1 Million Dads and the America Family Assoc. Cause they send out talking points to their mailing list and alert me when I should write letters to counteract their campaigns.

I love knowing what the other side is up to.

Besides you should see Sicko not to hear how great the UK and Canada are, ignore that and just listen to the testimonials of people here in th US who have been screwed by their insurance company, it's eye opening.
Hawk at 8:52PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(online)
The man is good at persuasion, but I don't like his tactics. The best documentary he ever made was Canadian Bacon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
arteestx at 9:05PM, Dec. 15, 2007
(online)
When I hear the word “documentary,” I usually think of something I'd see on PBS where a fair and balanced airing of an issue is honestly debated.

That is not what Michael Moore is about.

A TV series he did was called “The Awful Truth” and that sums him up to a tee. Moore is trying to tell the awful truth as he sees it, and he goes around with a camera and captures people on film doing certain things that underscore his main point. He is meticulous about information being accurate and he is passionate about his opinions. When he says “nearly 50 million Americans don't have health insurance,” I know he's checked that fact and it's true. When he says he thinks European health systems are better than American, he's expressing an opinion and he passionately shows why he believes it. He will tell you why he believes it. No, he's not going to tell you those facts that go against his opinion, but he's not trying to be PBS. He's telling you his opinion in an entertaining way. Personally, I enjoy PBS more because I like hearing both sides. But Moore is brilliant at capturing real footage to make his points.

I don't think Michael Moore is the equivalent of Rush Limbaugh, simply because Rush tells you facts that literally are not true. Michael Moore will tell you real facts; he may not tell you other facts that go against his main point, but again, he's not trying to be fair and balanced, he's not trying to be PBS. He's trying to make an argument. At least he uses real footage and real facts to make his opinioned argument.

Xolta is not intended for anyone under 18 years old.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
imshard at 5:58AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
Whatever his methods are, he is still every bit the partisan demagogue that Limbaugh and Hannity are.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
ozoneocean at 7:20AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
The Awful truth was cool. ^_^
Louis Theroux was on that and went o to do his weird weekends series. So Cool :)
Hilarious!
TitanOne
And the final shot with Dubya sputtering “you can't get fooled again”.
yeah, I was amazed by that… Bush is such a boob that he got an old saying mixed up with the chorus line/title of a Who song that's actually about corrupt leadership and failed revolution… The irony is just dumbfounding.

His 911 movie wasn't very good though. I've loved the guy's work for years, watching his TV series, I've liked him as a presenter, I think he's a smart, driven guy who knows what's what! But in that film he skewed things so badly, so deliberately… It was disappointing because I'm for that point of view and I respect him and what he does, but in Fahrenheit 911 he just came on too strong and made an aniti-bush left-wing propaganda film. Hmm, those are the tactics I despise the right using for goodness sake! ugh, it's like the US claiming the High moral ground in the so-called “war on terror” and then using the same techniques they used to despise the communist regimes for using: torture, taking political prisoners, capturing civilians off the street in any other country they feel like and taking them to secret prisons, making them “disappear”, and so on and so on…

With his recent films Moore himself is proving the words of Bush's misquoted Who song:
“meet the new boss, Same as the old boss”
Heh, if Moore's ideals ever come to pass, won't it fundamentally just be more of the same but with a left wing label?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
bobhhh at 10:43AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
The Awful truth was cool. ^_^
Louis Theroux was on that and went o to do his weird weekends series. So Cool :)
Hilarious!
TitanOne
And the final shot with Dubya sputtering “you can't get fooled again”.
yeah, I was amazed by that… Bush is such a boob that he got an old saying mixed up with the chorus line/title of a Who song that's actually about corrupt leadership and failed revolution… The irony is just dumbfounding.

His 911 movie wasn't very good though. I've loved the guy's work for years, watching his TV series, I've liked him as a presenter, I think he's a smart, driven guy who knows what's what! But in that film he skewed things so badly, so deliberately… It was disappointing because I'm for that point of view and I respect him and what he does, but in Fahrenheit 911 he just came on too strong and made an aniti-bush left-wing propaganda film. Hmm, those are the tactics I despise the right using for goodness sake! ugh, it's like the US claiming the High moral ground in the so-called “war on terror” and then using the same techniques they used to despise the communist regimes for using: torture, taking political prisoners, capturing civilians off the street in any other country they feel like and taking them to secret prisons, making them “disappear”, and so on and so on…

With his recent films Moore himself is proving the words of Bush's misquoted Who song:
“meet the new boss, Same as the old boss”
Heh, if Moore's ideals ever come to pass, won't it fundamentally just be more of the same but with a left wing label?

Sure it's tempting to say they are the same, but at heart Moore has the little guy's agenda as a moral compass. The right will always be looking out for corporations and social oppression.

The pundits on the right also get to say almost anything they want without a watchdog group calling them on it 24/7. Bill O'Reilly lies through his teeth with false facts, and then jokes about it being OK to bomb San Francisco.

Even if their methods Appear on the surface to be similar, which I don't really believe because Moore's facts are solid even if he lays on the melodrama a bit thick, Moore is championing the poor and disenfranchised.

You imply that if Moore and his bunch got power they would just be “the new boss”.

Well the new boss might not start immoral wars for financial gain, he might protect a womans right to choose, he might provide healthcare for the population, he might rid the government of bloodsucking lobbyists, he might sign some meaningful environmental legislation, he might engage in some fair trading practices, he might man up and call torture what it is and outlaw it forever.

If that's the choice he gets my vote.
imshard at 11:06AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
bobhhh
Sure it's tempting to say they are the same, but at heart Moore has the little guy's agenda as a moral compass. The right will always be looking out for corporations and social oppression.

The pundits on the right also get to say almost anything they want without a watchdog group calling them on it 24/7. Bill O'Reilly lies through his teeth with false facts, and then jokes about it being OK to bomb San Francisco.

Even if their methods Appear on the surface to be similar, which I don't really believe because Moore's facts are solid even if he lays on the melodrama a bit thick, Moore is championing the poor and disenfranchised.

You imply that if Moore and his bunch got power they would just be “the new boss”.

Well the new boss might not start immoral wars for financial gain, he might protect a womans right to choose, he might provide healthcare for the population, he might rid the government of bloodsucking lobbyists, he might sign some meaningful environmental legislation, he might engage in some fair trading practices, he might man up and call torture what it is and outlaw it forever.

You really do live in your own little pocket universe don't you?
We've seen the country change hands multiple times and the only thing that I've observed to be truly different is people's perceptions. The only thing I've ever seen Michael Moore champion is his own wallet. I doubt that the millions (yes millions) of middle-class and poor republicans choose their ideology because they only want to stick up for big corporations.

The “new boss” will continue to waste titanic amounts of money on something and the opposition, and later on the general public is going to despise him for it for 4-8 years until the party in power switches again.

I heartily believe its all just word games and the new boss is always in truth the same as the old boss.

bobhhh at 11:15AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
imshard
bobhhh

You really do live in your own little pocket universe don't you?
We've seen the country change hands multiple times and the only thing that I've observed to be truly different is people's perceptions. The only thing I've ever seen Michael Moore champion is his own wallet. I doubt that the millions (yes millions) of middle-class and poor republicans choose their ideology because they only want to stick up for big corporations.

The “new boss” will continue to waste titanic amounts of money on something and the opposition, and later on the general public is going to despise him for it for 4-8 years until the party in power switches again.

I heartily believe its all just word games and the new boss is always in truth the same as the old boss.

I won't accuse you of living in a fantasy world, I will just respectfully disagree based on points I have already made.
imshard at 11:24AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
bobhhh
I won't accuse you of living in a fantasy world, I will just respectfully disagree based on points I have already made.

I appreciate your candor. Still I find it insulting that you can just summarily write off about half your countrymen as greedy, corrupt, and even evil just because they subscribe to a different political ideal than you.

ozoneocean at 11:39AM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
Bob, as I said, I'm most definitely FOR those things, but when representatives of your own side use the same high-handed tactics, are free with the truth, and spin things cleverly, it ruins their credibility.

THOSE are some of the worst aspects of the right. They screw people and lie about it, make them think they're being screwed for their own good. What the right does wouldn't be half as bad if it wasn't all lied about and spun… If they just went out and said: YES, corporations are much more important than individuals, YES we value the wealthy more than the poor, YES we invaded Iraq to secure a strategic advantage in the Middle East and because it was the most piss easy country to invade in that part of the world for that purpose.

If they admitted all that and the rest of it, that'd be a start toward rehabilitation. But if we have the left behaving like that too, obfusticating the real motives, it's a worry. Because like the right, you can expect all sorts of other things to be happening in the background that are cheerfully spun to sound different.

And to imshard, you're wrong about Moore with the crack about “championing his own wallet”. He has to earn money to survive just like the rest of us in this capitalist world, there's not much of a choice you know? He makes money doing what he believes in, which is a damn honourable way to do it! And his films, while spun and heavily opinionated, are always socially aware, these aren't light puff kiddy things, these are always on tough, ugly subjects. If he was TRULY out there just to fatten up his wallet he'd make like Speilberg and try and produce tons of sugary popular movies :)

imshard at 1:09PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
And to imshard, you're wrong about Moore with the crack about “championing his own wallet”. He has to earn money to survive just like the rest of us in this capitalist world, there's not much of a choice you know? He makes money doing what he believes in, which is a damn honourable way to do it! And his films, while spun and heavily opinionated, are always socially aware, these aren't light puff kiddy things, these are always on tough, ugly subjects. If he was TRULY out there just to fatten up his wallet he'd make like Speilberg and try and produce tons of sugary popular movies :)

Sorry, but didn't you fault rich people and republican propagandists for doing the exact same thing?

bobhhh at 2:13PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
imshard
bobhhh

I appreciate your candor. Still I find it insulting that you can just summarily write off about half your countrymen as greedy, corrupt, and even evil just because they subscribe to a different political ideal than you.

I would quibble with the half comment. I have no ill will towards hard working republicans who are voting their conscious, just their national party, and their partisan flaks who snow their honest blue collar constutuents into backing a lot of evil policies.

And yes there are disingenuous and lazy democrats who are less than honorable and help the corruption along, but I just feel Moore isn't one of those.

imshard

I have to ask again, as I have said in other threads, do you really think we would be where we are now if Gore had been president??? Or more pertinently perhaps, do you really think that the country would be the same under both Romney or Obama.

Saying that all leaders are bound to be the same boss is a bit too pessimistic for me to swallow.
bobhhh at 2:25PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
imshard
bobhhh

Now come on, I don't accuse them out of hand for being different. You would have to assume my opinions mean nothing to me for that to be true.

Lets be honest, shall we? You have to be living in a vacuum to not notice that republicans tend to favor corporations and deregulation over individual citizens and the environment. It's not a secret. Bush has relaxed polution standards and enforcement, deregulated media ownership and made sweetheart deals with energy companies here and abroad. And how has this affected our citizens? Our country is in recession and honest hardworking folks are losing their homes while huge corporations post record profits.

I'm not making this stuff up.

And the truth of it be known, I am for fiscal responsibility, but show me the evidence that Bush is. He has done everything in his power to court his constituency and tanked the economy in the process.

You may disagree with me, but spare me the personal accusations. I don't call you delusional and unfair for taking issue with my position. I invite you to show me equal consideration.
ozoneocean at 3:19PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
imshard
Sorry, but didn't you fault rich people and republican propagandists for doing the exact same thing?
Nope, I never did that ^__^
You're making up inferences and implications.

imshard at 3:43PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(online)
bobhhh
imshard
bobhhh

Now come on, I don't accuse them out of hand for being different. You would have to assume my opinions mean nothing to me for that to be true.

Lets be honest, shall we? You have to be living in a vacuum to not notice that republicans tend to favor corporations and deregulation over individual citizens and the environment. It's not a secret. Bush has relaxed polution standards and enforcement, deregulated media ownership and made sweetheart deals with energy companies here and abroad. And how has this affected our citizens? Our country is in recession and honest hardworking folks are losing their homes while huge corporations post record profits.

I'm not making this stuff up.

And the truth of it be known, I am for fiscal responsibility, but show me the evidence that Bush is. He has done everything in his power to court his constituency and tanked the economy in the process.

You may disagree with me, but spare me the personal accusations. I don't call you delusional and unfair for taking issue with my position. I invite you to show me equal consideration.

Then don't use sweeping terms. There is a grave difference between “republicans” and the politicians who have this country circling the drain. That includes all of them for the simple fact that the infighting has destroyed any legislative integrity and efficiency we might have had. I'm no friend of any political party. They're for people who gave up thinking and deciding for themselves. I apologize if I gave offense to you bobhhh or to anybody else for that matter. With limited exceptions most politician's have sold themselves out to special interest group or big company from both sides of the aisle. Environmentalists are revealed owning logging companies and oil fields. Proponents of traditional marriage have turned out gay. Name an issue and I'll name a its main political supporters and why they're hypocrites.

I'm on a first name basis with my reps and their staffs, because I call them all the time. I've been branded a concerned citizen more than once. You can be too. Visit your local government records departments, visit a library. Dig deep find the actual studies and evidence of things then formulate your own opinions. It really isn't too much work to think for yourself, and its easier than you'd think to research something, anything you'd like to know about. The Freedom of information act is worth more than for stealing people's Social Security Numbers. Really try it sometime. Don't whine that you're too busy, or that you already do enough, or that it won't make a difference because I know first-hand that those reasons are bunk.
I'll never trust any “Conservative Commentator” or “Liberal Documentarian” to tell me the absolute truth of a thing. Those who do are fooling themselves and being led like a cow to slaughter.

bobhhh at 4:00PM, Dec. 16, 2007
(offline)
Ok , then.
TitanOne at 10:57AM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
imshard
bobhhh

Correction: 30% of your countrymen. It's been a long time since the Bush crowd represented a full half.

Sorry, but I couldn't let that pass. It's not 2001 anymore.

Not to alienate you; I was a Republican once.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
imshard at 12:12PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
TitanOne
imshard
bobhhh

Correction: 30% of your countrymen. It's been a long time since the Bush crowd represented a full half.

Sorry, but I couldn't let that pass. It's not 2001 anymore.

Not to alienate you; I was a Republican once.

Thank the maker for that. I'm not a republican either. Never have been, I doubt I ever will be. I just couldn't help pointing out an unfair blanket statement. Still is that the subject of the thread? no. Point is both sides are rotten apples full of worms.

Mister Mxyzptlk at 1:20PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
kyupol
Do you agree with this guy or not? I watched 3 of his documentaries

I had a couple buddies of mine force feed me the 9-11 movie of his… They were big time 9-11 conspiracy theorists and they thought the film was filled with evidence linking Bush to the 9-11 hijackers and all that crap. I prefer Penn and Tellers take on things on their Bullshit episode on 9-11 conspiracy theories. Well worth the watch if you haven't seen it.

I think Moore is more interested in a fat bank account than in the truth. I've got no problem with him wanting to be rich, I'd like to be rich too. However I have a problem with him trying to pass himself off as a defender of the little guy when he's exploiting them worse than any Big Capitalist ever did. He comes up with projects that are hot button issues so people will go see the movie in the theater and buy the DVDs to force feed them to friends. He's no better than any other Hollyweirdo making “Ripped form the headlines” type movies.
My soul was removed to make room for all this sarcasm.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
albone at 8:50AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
Well if all he wanted to do was make money, there's a lot better ways to do it. Hell, he could make a remake of some movie and be set. You don't have to believe in his sincerity, but he's bringing plenty of issues to light that need some light, like healthcare. And he's only bringing it up, he's not causing the healthcare system to suck, and he's not protecting oil interests in a foreign country. Just shining an albeit biased light on it, but Fox new isn't unbiased either.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
imshard at 9:09AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
albone
Well if all he wanted to do was make money, there's a lot better ways to do it. Hell, he could make a remake of some movie and be set. You don't have to believe in his sincerity, but he's bringing plenty of issues to light that need some light, like healthcare. And he's only bringing it up, he's not causing the healthcare system to suck, and he's not protecting oil interests in a foreign country. Just shining an albeit biased light on it, but Fox new isn't unbiased either.

Who said anything about fox? Of course they're biased too, the point is its all political gibberish. And yes I could be a plumber instead of a technician to make money but thats not really a valid argument. Everybody picks a way to make money and sticks with it. He's making millions of dollars off his fear-mongering and muck stirring. There could be a better way for him to be making cash but what reason does he have if his current M.O. is working so well?

albone at 9:30AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
*I* brought up Fox. They're a news outlet, so many think that they're fair and impartial and they're not. They make their money off of fear mongering and muck stirring. Sensationalism at its best.

So while Moore is making money (and why shouldn't he?) he's still raising awareness unlike FOX. He's not telling you to hide because we're at rainbow colored alert. He's saying that US healthcare sucks from his viewpoint.

Now, that's fairly encapsulated and generalized, but that's the gist of it.

So what is your beef with Moore? That he makes money or that he's making money raising awareness? Or do you think that healthcare is fine, Iraq DOES have WMD and that there is no gun problem in America?

I'm not defending Moore, just genuinely curious to what your beef with him is.

*EDIT* It just comes to me, do you have a problem with Moore's sincerity? If that's the case, then I'm cool with that, but judging a guy by the way he makes money is kind of pretensious. Do you look down on a janitor, movie star or politician because of the vocation they take?
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved