Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

mind giving advice about making my comic better?
jakey926 at 1:44PM, Dec. 2, 2006
(offline)
i know that my comic series ‘the life and times of beech grove’ is starting to suck. can anyone help me out to make it better?! i'm desperate!!!

http://www.drunkduck.com/the_life_and_times_of_beech_grove/index.php?p=118115
the only thing dumber than this signature is the one who's reading it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
Darth Mongoose at 1:12AM, Dec. 3, 2006
(online)
If you think your comic is starting to suck after four pages, I'd call it a case of ‘I dind’t plan this enough before I started'. When you start a comic, make sure you know where you're going, the kind of jokes you want to tell, and who your characters are. You shouldn't be running out of jokes after a few pages. Try to think about what's funny about your characters, and/or Mortal Kombat in general. Any joke that you actually need to explain outside the comic like the furuba one is a joke that hasn't worked very well.

Secondly, try to bring up the art standards. The MK sprites look cool, so do them justice by making proper guttering around your cels in either plain black or white with a black border, and do some nicer looking speech bubbles, simple white ones with black borders around the outside and a tail that actually connects to the bubble would look good. Get a decent graphics program to work with like Photoshop, GIMP etc. that will allow you to do better effects more suited to the realistic style sprites of MK.

Finally, for more fonts, visit:
http://www.dafont.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
LowResAtari at 2:38AM, Dec. 9, 2006
(online)
I'd actually suggest possibly finding other sprites to use instead of Mortal Kombat sprites as they have the disadvantage of being very difficult to display facial expressions… and they're even harder to write for… AND you end up being forced to only use background from Mortal Kombat if you're trying to match backgrounds.
99% of people would've finished this sente
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:47PM
jakey926 at 11:01PM, Dec. 26, 2006
(offline)
LowResAtari
I'd actually suggest possibly finding other sprites to use instead of Mortal Kombat sprites as they have the disadvantage of being very difficult to display facial expressions… and they're even harder to write for… AND you end up being forced to only use background from Mortal Kombat if you're trying to match backgrounds.

well here's the deal bro. i DONT want to use other sprites besides mortal kombat. the MK sprites are really unique here from what i heard i just need help makign them seem better.
the only thing dumber than this signature is the one who's reading it…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved