Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Morning Duckies
Dangerous_cynic at 1:55AM, April 11, 2009
(offline)
Hi guys, I'm Kash. I found DD when someone recommended I was kidnapped by Lesbian Pirates from Outer Space to me, and from there found loads of stuff I like reading. I follow a couple of storied but I am really into strips with a dark or cynical sense of humour.

I'm 28, female, live in the UK and am into all sorts of things from motorbikes to gaming to dancing.

I write a comic called Mutant Batchelors that came about when I got bored of blogging my dating nightmares and decided to draw them instead. I like to think it is funnier than it is well drawn ;)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Custard Trout at 2:05AM, April 11, 2009
(offline)
Dangerous_cynic
I write a comic called Mutant Batchelors that came about when I got bored of blogging my dating nightmares and decided to draw them instead. I like to think it is funnier than it is well drawn ;)

You, and the horde of morons who think exactly the same thing, need to realise that you are not Randall Munroe, Rich Burlew, or John Campbell. Even though their art consists entirely of stick figures, they understand comics. They understand how they work, how people read them, how to make them good, everything. Jokes help as well, try putting some of those in.

Also if you haven't heard of those three people, look them up and you might learn something.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
Prank at 4:30AM, April 11, 2009
(online)
Everyday I like Custard Trout a little more.

Also, welcome to DD :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
mishi_hime at 8:25PM, April 11, 2009
(online)
Hi Kash. You like lesbian pirates, huh? Interesting.

@Custard You RAGED and therefore lost.
Signature.txt
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:04PM
Custard Trout at 10:01PM, April 11, 2009
(offline)
mishi_hime
@Custard You RAGED and therefore lost.

Huh, I must lose a lot then.
legueu at 12:28AM, April 12, 2009
(offline)
Hello there why don't you take a soda.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
amanda at 8:59AM, April 13, 2009
(online)
Good morning! And yay for dating nightmares! …wait…

Welcome to the Duck ^.~
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Dangerous_cynic at 11:21AM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
Custard Trout
Dangerous_cynic

You, and the horde of morons who think exactly the same thing, need to realise that you are not Randall Munroe, Rich Burlew, or John Campbell. Even though their art consists entirely of stick figures, they understand comics. They understand how they work, how people read them, how to make them good, everything. Jokes help as well, try putting some of those in.

Also if you haven't heard of those three people, look them up and you might learn something.

Thanks for your feedback, it's always nice to have some constructive criticism, lol. I shall remember in future not to be a moron with an identity crisis.

In all seriousness, my comic is my comic, I read some of those you have cited, because i like them, I have no inclination to try and be them. Mutant Batchelors used to be a caustic blog about the horrendous bachelors I met on a daily basis, I turned it into a comic because I felt like it, it allowed me more poetic license to bend the truth, and I like the challenge of turning what would have been a 200 word rant, into a couple of lines in a comic. It's not meant to be a philosophical commentary on the world, it is more a window into a tiny aspect of my life. The stick people thing isn't a reference to any other comic, it is just fast for me to draw and I don't really have the time to draw an artsy strip every day!

I'm not sure how much of the comic you have read, before you came to your damning conclusion, I'm not that concerned either, if it's not your bag, then I wouldn't encourage you to waste time on it.

What I do know though, is that MB is very much me, I am very concious of not being influenced by anyone else, and if I am going to read xkcd or whatever, I do it after drawing a load of my strips. People that like my sense of humour and relate to my situation might like it, if not, then I probably won't cry about it or anything. Originally I only published it though my blog, but people who read it wanted their friends to see it, so I made it more accessable, I'm not all that concerned about popularity or pageviews. I'm sorry if you find it vastly offensive, but then there are a lot of other comics you can read instead, so you can probably manage to avoid it.
Dangerous_cynic at 11:28AM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
And *waves hello* at the people who said hi :D
Custard Trout at 1:16PM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
Dangerous_cynic
A fucking essay that I didn't really read.

What? You're doing it wrong, stupid. You're supposed to get angry and start flaming back until sub locks the thread and bans everyone involved for a week. THAT IS HOW THE INTERNET WORKS.

If you're just going to sit there and be all sensible about it, then I'm not going to play. In conclusion, you are a poopy head. Also a stinky butt.
Dangerous_cynic at 1:31PM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
Custard Trout
Dangerous_cynic
A fucking essay that I didn't really read.

What? You're doing it wrong, stupid. You're supposed to get angry and start flaming back until sub locks the thread and bans everyone involved for a week. THAT IS HOW THE INTERNET WORKS.

If you're just going to sit there and be all sensible about it, then I'm not going to play. In conclusion, you are a poopy head. Also a stinky butt.

Oh dear, I seem to have managed to offend you again!

First I start out with this terrible misconception that I should write my comic for my own reasons, in the way i want to, not to appease the masses, then I fail to appropriately to respond to forum trolling. What a terrible faux pas, I shall shuffle off in shame and the terrible knowledge that nobody wants to play with me.
Puff_Of_Smoke at 3:15PM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
Mutation is but another word for difference.

Embrace it.

…says pro-nuclear war activists!

Hello, hopefully good intentioned fellow!
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Dangerous_cynic at 3:27PM, April 13, 2009
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
Mutation is but another word for difference.

Embrace it.

…says pro-nuclear war activists!

Hello, hopefully good intentioned fellow!

Oh I do embrace it! Read the comic, I date it ;)

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon