Media Megaforum

Movies you never tire from.
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:57AM, April 10, 2010
(offline)
UGH. Elf got boring because of the 24 hour long marathon on USA.
But I do agree with the Wedding Singer
BUT YOU'VE GOT MAIL?!

Have yet to see Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'm that deprived. Need to see that and the rest of Young Frankenstien.

Some of mine:

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (It's so stupid it's stupid!)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (enjoyed this unlike most)
The Dark Knight
Needful Things (here we go with the King movies…)
Pet Sematary
The Stand (or at least parts 1-4…or whatever the second to last part is numbered cause I still have to finish it. decent King movie)
The Nightmare Before Christmas (thanks for reminding me PP)

and more…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Mr Kaos at 12:50PM, April 12, 2010
(online)
Ghostbusters.
Nightmare before Christmas
Evil dead trilogy.
Die hard 1 and 2.
Resident evil 1.
terminator movies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
korosu at 5:21PM, April 12, 2010
(online)
I Am The 1337 Master
BUT YOU'VE GOT MAIL?!
*shrug* What can I say? I'm a girl. (And hey, you've got The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie in your list… You're really in no position to criticize me. Just sayin'. :/)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
EssayBee at 7:19PM, April 12, 2010
(online)
korosu
I Am The 1337 Master
BUT YOU'VE GOT MAIL?!
*shrug* What can I say? I'm a girl. (And hey, you've got The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie in your list… You're really in no position to criticize me. Just sayin'. :/)
Yeah, but the Spongebob Squarepants Movie has the Hoff and You've Got Mail only has the Hanks. Just sayin'. (And just playin'.)

Product Placement
I'd give everything for the experience of being inside a cinema during the premier of The Empire Strikes back just to see the reaction of the people when Darth Vader makes his dramatic revealing.
I was there, but I was only 5, so I don't recall the audience's reaction. I do remember when Jedi was coming out all the speculation about whether Vader really was Luke's father and reading some articles that said that Boba Fett was really Luke's father. (And I cried when Vader died. C'mon, I was only 8 when I saw Jedi!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
ParkerFarker at 10:34PM, April 12, 2010
(online)
You know, movies like Hot Rod, Step Brothers, Talladega Nights, I could watch over and over again because I forget all of the jokes. I remember the movie being funny, but all of my friends can quote them and I can just never remember the jokes. But that is partially good because I can watch these movies over and over.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
ImaginaryGirl at 12:06AM, April 19, 2010
(offline)
The Cat Returns. =3 So cute, so funny, so light hearted. And it it has Carry Elwes and Tim Curry!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
Sea_Cow at 5:55PM, May 16, 2010
(offline)
Memento
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
Insomnia
Shawshank Redemption
Taxi Driver
The Big Lebowski
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
mlai at 2:29AM, May 17, 2010
(online)
Product Placement
I'd give everything for the experience of being inside a cinema during the premier of The Empire Strikes back just to see the reaction of the people when Darth Vader makes his dramatic revealing.
I was there. Just old enough to remember a few scenes in the film, and to remember that I was there.

I don't think it even registered with me that Vader being Luke's father is supposed to be a huge twist. I was still overwhelmed with the fact that HE CUT OFF HIS HAND. HOLY S-T BLACK BARON CUT OFF HIS HAND. BUT HE'S THE HERO. AND YOUNG. AND HE LOST HIS HAND.

I think that's the first time I saw anyone's hand get chopped off onscreen, so graphically. OMG!

Anyways, about TPM… I can watch it over and over, primarily for Qui-Gonn & Obi-Wan. And ofc DARTH MAUL. Everything else in the movie I pretty much tune out.

Oh if Nat Portman in that movie was the age she was when she was in The Professional, that would've rocked. Cuz I can't get over how she's a cradle-robber LOL (she's like 10 yrs older than Anakin LMAO). Naboo women must have elven lifespans.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
Product Placement at 3:49AM, May 17, 2010
(online)
mlai
HE CUT OFF HIS HAND. HOLY S-T BLACK BARON CUT OFF HIS HAND. BUT HE'S THE HERO. AND YOUNG. AND HE LOST HIS HAND.
Oh right… I hadn't thought of the possibility that people might still be recovering from the fact that the hero had just lost the fight, big time. That really was a great movie.
mlai
Oh if Nat Portman in that movie was the age she was when she was in The Professional, that would've rocked. Cuz I can't get over how she's a cradle-robber LOL (she's like 10 yrs older than Anakin LMAO). Naboo women must have elven lifespans.
I think she was supposed to be 14, compared with 9 year old Anakin.

But yeah, hard not to think about pedophilia in that movie. But hell, it was OK, right? The girl was the older person. It's only wrong when the guy is older.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:52PM
Fitz at 9:31AM, May 21, 2010
(online)
Isukun makes a few GREAT points there. The WOW-effect tends to get lost on me - the more so, the more spectacular they are. The Phantom Menace and Matrix Reloaded bored me to death when I saw them at the movies because I knew all the best sequences almost by heart from the trailers. I FELL ASLEEP during the big fight in the city in Transformers. I'm much more likely to remember something that made me smile or laugh, or empathize with the characters.

Here's my list:

Forrest Gump
Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind
The Mask
The Cube
Dark City
Spirited Away
Bedazzled (the modern version)
Fight Club
Lost in Translation
X-Men 2
Befote Sunrise
Terminator 2

There's something about those movies that never fail to keep me on the edge of my seat - even though I know exactly what will happen. I laugh with the characters or feel for them. I watched all of these at least three times. Lost count on The Cube and Bedazzled, at least six times each. Yeah, that movie with Brendan Fraser. It's pure genius. Fraser made a name for himself playing all sorts of goofy, over-the-top characters, like cavemen, apemen, residents of nuclear shelters forced to go back to the society, etc. And Bedazzled lets him play not just one, but several such characters - a Latino drug lord, an over-emotional whiner, a HUGE basketball player with a LITTLE problem, etc. The sad thing is, they edited out the BEST sequence - of him being a rock star. You'll find it on youtube easily, though. BEST… THING… EVER… Anyway… It seems that what does it for me is quirky characters. Forrest Gump. The Mask. Tyler Durden. It doesn't need to be a positive character, either. T-1000 stole the show on Terminator 2. You hated him, but you couldn't stop watching. Same with, say, Wolverine. Asshole? Yes. But a confused asshole who will do anything to protect his friends. Or Mystique… Evil? Yes. But that chick's got a point. Of all LOTR characters, the only two I gave a damn about were Gollum and Merry. And if there was anything keeping me watching Prison Break, it was T-Bag. Creepy allll the way, while all the others turned to the good side at some point. It's those people that you're not sure how you feel about… Love or hate? Pity or awe? I love movies that mess with my head a little :) But not TOO much. I am to this day traumatized by Natural Born Killers. I like stories that force me to empathize with someone I would normally disdain - but that movie was too much.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Faliat at 10:12AM, May 22, 2010
(online)
Jurassic Park
Man on Fire
Muppet Treasure Island

Those are all I can think of right now… But there's more than that.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
GameCargo at 4:04PM, May 26, 2010
(online)
-Crank 1 and 2
-Smokin' Aces 1 and (sometimes) 2
-Daredevil
-Sin City
-Akira
-Ghost in Shell
-Equilibrium
-Wonder Woman (The Animated DVD One)
-Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths
-Batman/Superman: Public Enemies
-Shoot em' up
-Karate Kid
Going through motions while I get my head straight.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:32PM
GracehFaceh at 6:28PM, May 27, 2010
(online)
The Breakfast Club.
Mean Girls.
Sleepless in Seattle.
Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
Elf.
A Christmas Story.
Unbreakable.
Music and Lyrics.
Pretty Woman.

But more than anything, Legally Blonde. I've seen in multiple times, both the movie and the musical (via youtube, have yet to see it in person.)

Why?

korosu
I Am The 1337 Master
BUT YOU'VE GOT MAIL?!
*shrug* What can I say? I'm a girl.

This.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM
Hawk at 9:48AM, May 28, 2010
(online)
Last night the Goonies was on TV, and I realize that it's one of the movies I never tire from.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
crocty at 1:21AM, May 29, 2010
(online)
Okay I have 10 minutes to spare, let's see….

-Fight Club
-Green Mile
-Shawshank Redemption
-Bedazzled (Original version obviously)
-The three Star Wars films. (People call them the original trilogy, but I don't remember any other Star Wars films.)
-Ferris Bueller's Day Off
-South Park, Bigger, Longer, and Uncircumsised

Most other movies I love are movies I've only seen once…
THIS NEW SITE SUCKS I'M LEAVING FOREVER I PROMISE, GUYS.
NOT BLUFFING, I'M GONE IF YOU DON'T FIX IT.
Oh god I'm so alone someone pay attention to me
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM
bravo1102 at 4:06AM, June 3, 2010
(online)
Casablanca
A Walk in the Sun
Kelly's Heroes
Excalibur
Evil Dead Trilogy
Duck Soup
The Magic Christian
any Muppet movie
any Monty Python film
most Roger Corman films
most Hitchcock films
John Ford's Cavalry Trilogy (Fort Apache, She wore a Yellow Ribbon, Rio Grande)
The Quiet Man
The Battle of Britain (all the wonderful effects visuals from the Star Wars films done with real vintage aircraft. CGI? give me Spitfires and Messerschmitts)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
korosu at 8:01PM, June 6, 2010
(online)
crocty
-The three Star Wars films. (People call them the original trilogy, but I don't remember any other Star Wars films.)
What, people are saying that there's more? Surely you jest. ;)
PIT_FACE at 6:35AM, June 7, 2010
(online)
Hawk
Last night the Goonies was on TV, and I realize that it's one of the movies I never tire from.

well that's a given, it's unnatural to see the goonies too many times, it just cant be done.

i've been watching the old harryhausen Jason and the Argonaughts since i was a wee little shit and i sitll watch it constantly.that movie is just the right peice of pie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
bravo1102 at 12:06AM, June 8, 2010
(online)
PIT_FACE
Hawk

well that's a given, it's unnatural to see the goonies too many times, it just cant be done.

i've been watching the old harryhausen Jason and the Argonaughts since i was a wee little shit and i sitll watch it constantly.that movie is just the right peice of pie.

All of the Harryhausen movies are on DVD uncut, widescreen in all their original glory. I picked up First Men in the Moon in the bargin bin and it was a great piece of pie; you know that thick cherry pie from Delicious Orchards.

Another flash from my childhood I can watch again and again:

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
ozoneocean at 9:33AM, June 8, 2010
(online)
Well I ‘ve finally bought Conan the Barbarian on DVD.Finally!
As well as Conan the Destroyer and Red Sonja, but those two weren’t quite as great.

With its wonderful soundtrack by the late Basil Pouledouris (better than anything Waters ever did), scenes beautifully inspired by the late Frank Frazetta, and story inspired by plup master Robert E Howard, it's a lovely film.
One of the best things about it is that for a “fantasy” film it doesn't rely to heavily on the props of the fantasy world, it's very “real”, human, gritty, oily, without the need for too much elaborate special effects or big, expansive acting. It was the perfect film for Schwarzenegger at the time, he played it very naturally and I doubt anyone else would have done as well.

Another thing I noticed was that in the brutal, exciting battle scenes, they're shot very subtlety. You DON'T see gruesome hacked off body part, stumps, blood and guts spurting and flying all over the place. Swords and battlehammers rise,strike down, and then the impact it just off screen as the camera shifts to more fighting action. It's down so well that you don't feel they're pulling back at all, and so it doesn't overwhelm with adolescent obvious gore as in something like Braveheart.

And this line:

Conan! What is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Maybe Genghis Khan said it first, but Conan gave it life.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:36PM
Ironscarf at 2:16PM, June 8, 2010
(online)
How To Murder Your Wife.

Jack Lemmon gets to be the rich cartoonist (?!) with the cool apartment:

The sexy wife:

Terry Thomas for a butler:

And to cap it all, gets to play at being Bash Brannigan:

It really doen't get any better than that!
As sure as I believe there's a heaven above, Ozone,
I know there's something much more,
Something even non-believers can believe in.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
ImaginaryGirl at 9:08PM, June 19, 2010
(offline)
The Cat Returns. Carry Elwes + Tim Curry= Doubleplusgood!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:57PM
face_deleted at 10:13PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Bladerunner
Airplane!
Planet Terror
Duck Soup
Blue Velvet
Alien (those Giger sets are the best I tell ya)
Reservoir Dogs
Night of the Living Dead
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Red Circle
The Departed
Did I already mention Planet Terror? Yes I did, but it's so good I have to mention it twice.
face_deleted at 10:37PM, June 29, 2010
(offline)
Sorry, I forgot to mention Dr. Strangelove, or How I just Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. “There is no fighting in the War Room!” Classic.
12thCenturyFox at 10:11PM, July 5, 2010
(offline)
Office Space
Terminator 2 (ahh, childhood..)
Ghostbusters 1&2
The Naked Gun trilogy
Meet The Feebles (even after numerous viewings, I can never seem to be desensitized from it)
South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Robin Hood: Men In Tights
Billy Madison
The Blues Brothers
Alien
Mary & Max
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
Product Placement at 5:36AM, July 6, 2010
(online)
Ironscarf
How To Murder Your Wife.
Following that theme. Has anyone seen this film?

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:53PM
JazylH at 6:21AM, Aug. 1, 2010
(online)
Spiderman 1
Steve Martins Pink Panther
Inception
Shrek 2
Three Idiots(Indian)
Transformers
Hurt Locker
Disney's Tarzan
How to train your dragon
Karate Kid 1
Teenage mutant Ninja turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze
Karate kid (2010)

just some that instantly come to mind

Updated Mondays & Fridays
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:07PM
JakeSH at 1:41AM, Aug. 2, 2010
(offline)
Not many, i dont watch movies too often.

The Hangover
Pineapple Express
Fighting
Dodgeball

Thats about all i can think of.. I don't like movies..
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
_CJR_ at 10:22AM, Aug. 16, 2010
(online)
Balls of Fury
Hot Shots
Hot Shots: Part Duex
Naked Gun
Young Frankenstien
Robinhood Men in Tights
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Pans Labyrinth
…umm…
Three Amigos

Any Jerry Lewis stuff…Tho The Bellboy was my favorite.

Serenity was a good one too but only after my friend made me watch Firefly straight through.

There are some new ones I like but none that I dont get bored with after the fourth watch.
If you catch me slacking…kick me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:03PM
Koshou at 11:45PM, Aug. 16, 2010
(offline)
Cloverfield, even though it's awful. I just like watching it.

Also every Pixar movie ever.

…Except Cars.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved