Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

My contribution to the few who use the GIMP.
gigatwo at 8:35PM, April 23, 2006
(online)
http://drunkduck.com/Gimpage

It's actually more for those who've just started using the program and have no clue how to use the program or where to start. I'm not much of an artist, but I do have a fairly decent understanding of how the program works (Although I do more sigs than drawings). The main reason for this is the frustration that occured in my first attempt at a page more than a year ago. I've lost the file, but just understand that it was quite possibly the worst thing that had ever been uploaded onto drunkduck in the entire history of this site. I'm just trying to help people avoid that.

I've been debating on whether this should go into the “tips and tricks” section, or the “Hey Everyone Look What I Did!” section. I guess that's up for the mods to decide.

Also, if anyone (PS users included) have an idea that they believe should be added in, tell me and I'll see if I can make a lesson out of it. I will give you credit, so don't worry about that. If you're using the gimp and you wish to submit a tutorial that you feel like putting together, then just make sure that it's 600 by 800 in size and that your username is somewhere on there. Multiple pages, if necessary are accepted.

Something that people may find offensive is the cover. That statment is not intended to be interpreted in a serious manner. If you manna see the cover to see what I'm referring to, click here
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
gigatwo at 12:10PM, April 24, 2006
(online)
Lol, I forgot to put in the link to the page. There it is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:35PM
Marl at 1:16PM, May 30, 2006
(offline)
Hoh?

This is a rather useful guide, I must say. I've been a big fan of the GIMP because of the raw control you get over whatever you're working on. This guide has been very good reading, and might be the excuse I need to stop using Photoshop. I just hate everything Adobe.

Thanks for writing this!
“Rawglrglrglrglrgl!” quoth the murloc, his wrath inflamed.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
Zig at 3:47AM, May 31, 2006
(online)
I don't want to spend gazillions euros (or dollars for you americans out here) to buy software such as Photoshop, and I don't want to be an evil software pirate either. So I use the Gimp, which is Free Software (free as in Freedom).

Sure the interface is a bit odd. But it works fine with my tablet and I can draw my comic with it, so I'm happy enough. Hail the Gimp!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
Terminal at 6:16AM, May 31, 2006
(online)
Zig
Hail the Gimp!

2'd

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved