Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

My materials...
flashpro at 3:20AM, June 19, 2007
(online)
Ok i'm aparently new to comic art (not that new) so these are the materials wich i use:

Also Nice hard paper (endurable)
Do i need anything more ?

P.S. I also have a triangle a ruller and an Kneaded Eraser but i can't find it!
sure…
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
silentkitty at 6:31AM, June 19, 2007
(offline)
All the tools you need are the ones necessary to make your comic look like you want it to - there's really no right or wrong set of tools as long as what you're using works for you. :3 When I worked on comics by hand, all of my stuff was done with a mechanical pencil, a ruler, and a felt tip inking pen.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Eunice P at 6:57AM, June 19, 2007
(online)
Ruler, marker and probably a pencil compass to draw perfect circles if needed to. I wouldn't recommend using H or HB pencils. Some poor quality HB or H pencils may scratch the paper. I would suggest using B or 2B pencils. I don't think you need a blue pen.

What you have right now is actually good enough to create a comic.

Tip of advice: Never use ball point pens to ink your comics and never use printer papers or poor quality papers. These types of papers tend to smudge and smear your ink. You may use high quality photocopy paper to ink your comic instead.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
flashpro at 9:52AM, June 19, 2007
(online)
The paper is really great.I wish i had a Bristol Board but there isnt anywhere to be found ,cuz i'm in Bulgaria in the European Bolkans. There may be somewhere but the paper i'm using is fine .It' doesnt smudge the ink,and it's highly endurable to “eraser magic”.
sure…
Nicotine at 12:18PM, June 19, 2007
(online)
I think your tools depend on what kind of comic your doing. But if you going to draw all your comics by hand, these are things I think you really should have:

1. a good eraser. Nothing's messier then staty pencil marks. I use a magic rub eraser; I say they're the best.
2. An array of good, sharpened pencils. I personally like using mechanical pencils with thin lead because I can draw in tiny details better with them.
3. Good pens. I think it's important for a comic to be inked, unless you draw all your comics in dark, detailed pencil.
4. A ruler. Please use a ruler. None of your lines should not be straight, unless they were intened to not to be.
5. A sketch book? I like to draw my comic in a sketch book so I can keep everything all binded and together.

It looks like you've got good materials though. Happy comic-ing. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
flashpro at 3:45AM, June 20, 2007
(online)
Thanks to all who replied!

I have no questions now…
sure…

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved