Media Megaforum

My Name Is Bruce
lepamplemousse at 4:35PM, Nov. 28, 2008
(offline)
I hope I am posting this in the right category. I think I am. This is about a movie, afterall.

Anywho, has anyone else seen or is anyone else planning on seeing My Name Is Bruce?

If you don't know, My Name Is Bruce is the new Bruce Campbell film in which some people think he is Ash from the Evil Dead movies, but that's actually just a character he plays. Apparently some crazy monsters or something show up and then people expect him to save them and likely sometime during the film he says to them “My name is Bruce!” or at least I would think so. I'm sorry about lacking coherency while I type this. I'm just so dang excited about it.
(If you have never heard of Bruce Campbell or Evil Dead, I strongly suggest you go look them up. The Evil Dead series is possibly my favorite movie series. There are 3 of them, although the 2nd one is more like a remake of the 1st and then the 3rd is a continuation of the 2nd. The 2nd one is my favorite, for sure.)

(Sorry for the above rambling.) I'm going to see it tonight in Chicago and am completely freaking out because Bruce Campbell is actually going to BE there and he is chintastic.

That's all.
Oh, by the way, I'm new! Hello!
I don't know what to write here.
Someone come up with a siggy for me. I will pay you in… um… interweb cool points? I don't know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Custard Trout at 6:35PM, Nov. 28, 2008
(offline)
I don't know if it's been released over here yet and I can't seem to find an English release date (I found about five different American ones though, was it released this year or last year?). I definitely plan to see it though, because it has Bruce Campbell in it.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
machinehead at 7:12PM, Nov. 28, 2008
(online)
I've been waiting for about a year to see this movie. I am huge Bruce Campbell fan. I've heard it has come out in limited release so I'm gonna have to wait for the dvd.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
lepamplemousse at 8:47AM, Nov. 29, 2008
(offline)
It looks like there was a very limited release last year and then this year it went on tour. I might be totally wrong about that, though.

I went and saw My Name Is Bruce last night and wow… I can't even express the awesomeness. I'd definitely recommend going to see it or getting it when it comes out on dvd. I went with a fellow Bruce Campbell fan, someone who has only seen BC in little chunks of movies, and another person who'd never even heard of him, and all four of us loved it. There are a few jokes from some of his other films, but it really is made so that anyone can enjoy it.

My guess would be that since the tour ends in December, the dvd will come out early next year. Don't quote me on it, though.

Also, seeing Bruce Campbell in person was really cool. If you ever get the chance, DO IT. He's freaking hilarious.
I don't know what to write here.
Someone come up with a siggy for me. I will pay you in… um… interweb cool points? I don't know.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
subcultured at 12:34PM, Nov. 29, 2008
(online)
bruce is pure awesomeness
i will be buying the DVD
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
machinehead at 7:30PM, Nov. 29, 2008
(online)
I remember when I was a kid, back when Brisco County was on tv. I had stayed home from school pretending to be sick. I was watching tv and there was an advertisement saying that Bruce was at some sort of convention signing autographs. I was pissing my pants with excitement as I ran to my parents begging them to take me. I begged all day even admitting I was faking being sick. But those bastards wouldn't take me. I was so pissed off. But the following year my parents did take me and the only son of a bitch that was there was orville redenbaucher's son. Some dumbass popcorn guy. I'm still pissed off to this day and won't talk to my parents.
json at 9:11PM, Nov. 29, 2008
(online)
yes there was small pre-release tour earlier this year. the movie played here in austin at the alamo drafthouse. i missed it, because i had to work that night, but bruce was there and gave commentary about the film and stuck around to shake hands and the like.

earlier that same day, this girl i was dating at the time waited on him and a couple of his friends at a restaurant.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
PIT_FACE at 8:02PM, Dec. 9, 2008
(online)
aw man, i've been wanting to see it so bad! is it out now?1 well no shit, you just said yer going to see it but crap i dont know where it's playing around here. uurrgghh! i wanna see it!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
machinehead at 8:19PM, Dec. 9, 2008
(online)
It comes out on Dvd on february 10th. I found a screener copy on a torrent site. Its friggin awesome I can't wait to buy it.
Amelius at 7:10AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
Oh, I want to see that so bad! I am terribly out of the loop with stuff, I had no idea it was out now…even if, I'm too broke anyway so I'll have to wait for the DVD.
Bruce Campbell is awesome, I saw him when I went to the preview/ book signing for “The Man with the Screaming Brain” and the book “Make Love! The Bruce Campbell way”. I was hiding behind my friend when he got his book and the comic signed (the comic was for me, he would sign the book and one other thing) and since I didn't have the actual book, I was afraid to approach the table and just waved meekly from the taped off area.
However the great part is there were a few hours to wait before the movie ran, and my pals decided to go to a bar down the street. Not even 10 minutes and we spot Bruce sitting at the bar, and my friends got him a drink. ( I felt kinda bad because some drunk guy was pestering him with a script he wrote, but Bruce was a cool guy he chatted with him) On our way out we passed him and they shook hands with him, but I was still hiding behind my friend and he says to me “Oh no, you're not gonna hide behind him again!” and shook my hand. It was AWESOME.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:52AM
NickGuy at 9:21AM, Dec. 10, 2008
(online)
so this is pretty much like the Jean Claude Van Damme JCVD movie where people think he can do things he does in movies in real life? pass.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved