Comic Talk and General Discussion *

My weird immortality question....
Lonnehart at 9:04PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(online)
That's a good idea. Learn all you can about the Martial Arts, then camp up on a high mountain that's almost inaccessible and become a legendary Martial Arts master who will teach only those pupils who can make it up the mountain as well as have the patience to wait at the gates to be chosen…
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:38PM
Ozoneocean at 9:21PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(online)
And when the come in and the doors have closed, quietly kill them and dispose of the body. ;)
Make the planet a better place without elite fighting obsessed people… who could one day challenge YOU for supremacy! 0_0

With an indefinite lifespan, stuff like martial arts, fame, money, and even conquering people would become trivial and unimportant. You'd be more interested in longer term things after a while… Like guiding the course of nations maybe, perhaps you'd become someone like Henry Kissanger, just more powerful and secretive.

But even that wouldn't matter after a while. Maybe you'd see what it was like to live like a bum for a millennia or two? If nothing can hurt you then that would be fine and quite interesting. After you got used to the smell.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
patoborracho at 9:40PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(online)
if I were immortal I would investigate all the sea, to discover new things in the deeper places and, make then my house under the sea^^ and sing with all the fishes the song “UNDER THE SEA”

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Aurora Moon at 12:30AM, Oct. 9, 2008
(offline)
if I become immortal, then I'd proably just do what everyone here said they would do….

but not all at once. it's like I would like to ease into this whole immortality bit, etc… and then just eventally try out everything and do everything intersting enough for me.

Just to gain expernices from that sort of thing. I'd proably even try to do all the crazy things that people said they'd do, just to tell everyone here what it was like. :P
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Drasnus at 12:39PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
I'd become an extremely wasteful supervillain, robbing banks then building a fort out of the money.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
PIT_FACE at 3:29PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
probably shoot my ass into space for a little while. no space suit or anything like that. then drink a lot….

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
Ozoneocean at 9:19PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
PIT_FACE
probably shoot my ass into space for a little while. no space suit or anything like that. then drink a lot….
I don't know how magical this immortality thing is? But without a suit in space it's going to be mighty cold, plus you get severe sunburn… That's assuming the immortality thing protects you against exploding.

Yeah, how magical is the immortality?
-If it just protects against age, that's fragile, but not too much of a logical jump You can manage this with huge advances in medicine perhaps. Except you couldn't do much with it except live and be careful as usual.
-If you don't have to eat or breathe, and you're forever 20, but still vulnerable to injury and death, then that's weirdly selective. You'd need magic or advanced technology to maintain you if this is the case. You still can't do much with this and you probably shouldn't eat or drink in case you mess yourself up.
-If you're immortal and invulnerable, this would definitely mean magic or amazingly super advanced tech. You could do all sorts of amazing things, but the extreme downside is that you couldn't interact with your environment in any normal human way: Most likely you'd no longer be able to feel much anymore because making you invulnerable negates a lot of the mechanism for feeling… no more hot, cold, pain, pleasure… and that's just the start. lol!
PIT_FACE at 6:39AM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
PIT_FACE
I don't know how magical this immortality thing is? But without a suit in space it's going to be mighty cold, plus you get severe sunburn… That's assuming the immortality thing protects you against exploding.

Yeah, how magical is the immortality?
-If it just protects against age, that's fragile, but not too much of a logical jump You can manage this with huge advances in medicine perhaps. Except you couldn't do much with it except live and be careful as usual.
-If you don't have to eat or breathe, and you're forever 20, but still vulnerable to injury and death, then that's weirdly selective. You'd need magic or advanced technology to maintain you if this is the case. You still can't do much with this and you probably shouldn't eat or drink in case you mess yourself up.
-If you're immortal and invulnerable, this would definitely mean magic or amazingly super advanced tech. You could do all sorts of amazing things, but the extreme downside is that you couldn't interact with your environment in any normal human way: Most likely you'd no longer be able to feel much anymore because making you invulnerable negates a lot of the mechanism for feeling… no more hot, cold, pain, pleasure… and that's just the start. lol!

ahh yeah, i know it. but i was assuming it was full on “survive a Gamma Bomb and walk away unscathed” type immortality. it sounded to me like the nature of the question was to say basically, if there was no harmful repercussion what would you do if you could do anything. so i assumed it was a limitless question and if it's NOT limitless….WELL MABY I'LL DO THOSE THINGS ANYWAYS!HAW!

KingRidley at 8:54AM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean

Very cold, your blood will literally boil as the air escapes from your body, you'll be exposed to the WORST kinds of radiation, most of you will freeze, etc. You won't explode though. Turns out skin has just enough strength to hold you together in a vacuum.

Still, you'd get cancer. Alot of cancer. It's not really a disease, more of a mutation.

It would suck.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
Hawk at 3:38PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
Yeah, but eventually his orbit would decay and he would finally crater somewhere on the earth or ocean, years in the future. I believe launching yourself into space would be best saved for the distant future, when you have finally run out of things to do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
imshard at 3:51PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
Good thing you specified a 20 year old body. Remember Tithonus of greek mythology. The Goddess Eos loved the mortal Tithonus so much that she begged Zeus to bestow him with immortality. Zeus granted it. Tithonus lived forever, but aged every day of it until he eventually shriveled up into a cricket, begging for death one tiny chirp at a time.

I'd hide myself away contemplating the universe and try to find enlightenment, free of the worries of the world.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
Signz at 4:23PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
Start a revolution in a communist country considering i'm immortal.

But it would suck…
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
bongotezz at 4:59PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(offline)
this post reminds me of the man from earth http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/ it's a little low budget indy film about a guy who claims he's 14,000 years old. he never ages but he can be hurt and killed. who ever wrote it thought a lot about what it would be like to live forever. i recommend this movie for anyone interested in this topic.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
lefarce at 8:00PM, Oct. 10, 2008
(online)
I beg you; release me from this unending nightmare!

So immortality is like reading General Discussion?

Yeah fuck that.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Red Slayer at 12:15AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
ozoneocean
Skullbie
i'd arm myself as a human bomb (You know so they can't detain me for an eternity, i'd explode when they get close)
That'd be hillarious ^_^
Funniest evil villain idea ever lol!

Immortal Human Bomb Woman! Don't go near her or she'll explode herself! o_O

I think all women are already like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 7:31AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
I'd simply wait until my atoms decayed and I was a block of lead to fix the whole not dying problem.

Because I'm pretty sure I'd be dead then.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Ozoneocean at 8:07AM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
Puff_Of_Smoke
I'd simply wait until my atoms decayed and I was a block of lead to fix the whole not dying problem.

Because I'm pretty sure I'd be dead then.
If it's the kind of immortality that means a nuclear blast won't kill you, that means mere atomic decay isn't going to touch you either I'm afraid.
Hawk at 7:47PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(online)
Did anybody ever see the movie “Death Becomes Her”? It was kind of dumb movie, but it showed a very strange take on immortality, in that those who gained it needed to protect their bodies from harm, or they would live with their injuries forever. The two main characters found themselves having to patch the holes in their body and use spray paint to cover all of their blemishes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
zeropointone at 10:55PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
hokay, assuming I was immortal,I would start out by working furiously on making a potion that makes people forget. I Imagine all the previous memorys would eventully drive you mad if your mind didn't decay.

after that, and assuming i was also invunrable, i would ride on a nuclear bomb a'la dr.strangelove.

if I wasn't invunrable, I'd probably work on being a mad scientist.
being immortal I would outlive all my oppersition, and not needing to eat, drink,or sleep, I could work on creating life without ditraction.

or, if Im lazy, i could just auction myself out as a sideshow freak.

'COME ONE, COME ALL, AND WITNESS THE AMAAAAAAAAAAAZING BRASAGO, THE UNDYING MAN!'
id probably crack up laughting on hearing that XD.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:57PM
KingRidley at 11:41PM, Oct. 11, 2008
(offline)
zeropointone
hokay, assuming I was immortal,I would start out by working furiously on making a potion that makes people forget. I Imagine all the previous memorys would eventully drive you mad if your mind didn't decay.

How much of your childhood do you remember? Your fifth birthday? What you ate for dinner exactly one week ago?

Memory buildup will not be a problem.
lothar at 2:09AM, Oct. 12, 2008
(offline)
i think it would be exactly like this
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Evil_Snuffkin at 4:01AM, Oct. 12, 2008
(online)
I'd spend the first few centuries looking after and hiding out with my family. Once they had all died I'd get compelled to do something for the good of humanity and let people slowly figure out that I'm immortal.

I'd start wondering why I was picked for this purpose and if I was the only one with this gift, so I'd begin searching for others like me. After finding no one else like me and seeing all my efforts to better humanity amount to nothing over the centuries I’d start getting angry and then insane.

I'd reason that if they wouldn't listen to me then I'd MAKE them listen. So I'd build a huge cult and create an underground bunker of some kind to hide out in. Then I'd wage war against the ENTIRE WORLD! After a few decades I'd probably lose. The governments of the world would melt several meters of metal around me and send me hurtling through space.

Then everything would be fine… until twenty thousand millennia later when I crash land on a distant civilised planet.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
PIT_FACE at 9:22AM, Oct. 12, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Yeah, but eventually his orbit would decay and he would finally crater somewhere on the earth or ocean, years in the future. I believe launching yourself into space would be best saved for the distant future, when you have finally run out of things to do.

yeah, but if i was immortal at least i could WAIT that long….

Red Slayer at 10:33AM, Oct. 12, 2008
(online)
One really awesome thing to do? Developing psychic powers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:03PM
zeropointone at 12:05AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
Red Slayer
One really awesome thing to do? Developing psychic powers.

good plan! then you really could become a superhero!

…Or a supervillan, if you aren't into all that hippe-truth-justice-and-the-blah-way kind of thing.
zeropointone at 12:12AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)

zeropointone

if your mind was as immortal as your body (never forgetting ANYTHING),
you would REALLY have a problem. short of ramming an iron bar into your head, i don't think it would be easy to let go of your memories.

KingRidley at 7:33AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
KingRidley
How much of your childhood do you remember? Your fifth birthday? What you ate for dinner exactly one week ago?

Memory buildup will not be a problem.
seriously
zeropointone at 3:40AM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)
… i admit you have a point kingridley.
The round is yours, but i'll be back.
Custard Trout at 4:45AM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)
PIT_FACE

Damn, that was my answer.

I'd see what's on the other side of a black hole.

Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
KingRidley at 7:46AM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)
Enjoy spending time as a singularity.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon