(offline)
I'm jumping aboard here.
http://www.myspace.com/mijimeda
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM
rosie at 1:44PM, May 20, 2006
(offline)
Gotta love myspace. /sarcasm

http://myspace.com/nekotachi

At first, I got an account because I was horrified at the way one of my online friends made her (flashing graphics, the works), and wanted to see if I could conquer the “let's blind all the visitors” fad that was going on. But, I didn't do much after I made the account (mostly because it got boring 2 minutes into it).

BUT then the hype about Myspace being inspected by teachers at my school made me want to make a blog on there even more (fighting against the system is fun). Which is what I did :) I use it to check other people's posts now, though I barely check it.

But yeah, there's nothing much to do with myspace. Blogger, livejournal, greaterjournal, and all the other shit out there kinda made it all dull. The only difference is the music, I think.
Cheese.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
PandaJoe at 6:24PM, May 20, 2006
(offline)
Doesnt myspace cost moolah?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM
ccs1989 at 7:39PM, May 20, 2006
(online)
No, all it costs is your sense of decency and your immortal soul.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
rosie at 10:40AM, May 21, 2006
(offline)
Yes, your soul shall be eaten by the myspace
Cheese.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Nitro at 8:56PM, May 21, 2006
(offline)
I too have an account (or two.)

I have my own personal one and a comic one.

My Personal Profile

My Webcomic's Profile

I don't know. I was thinking about condensing them a bit, but i wasn't sure. I'd like to keep some comic stuff as comic stuff and keep off my personal one, but who knows. my mind changes 20 seconds or so.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
Volte6 at 9:32PM, May 21, 2006
(online)
I've managed to discover old friends and people i knew from school through myspace. That's pretty much my draw… i find new people all the time ( even though i've only been on it less than a month ).

It's not very interesting buuuuut…….

http://www.myspace.com/volte6
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:42PM
Nitro at 8:46PM, May 22, 2006
(offline)
Dood…

your hawt wife!

I would so not care about Drunk Duck at times too!

Your family is rawkin' bro!

congrats on the small one too!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:17PM
marine at 10:47AM, May 23, 2006
(offline)
http://www.myspace.com/fuckbenstiller

I never use it, but its there.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
Stain at 6:08PM, May 26, 2006
(offline)
Kytri
I got an account because a bunch of my friends kept bugging me to.

Same here.
Dirk Zephyrs
Stain is also pretty hot.
Lawl @ Homosexuality

K.A.L.A.-dan! Trap!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
EXcomics34 at 11:48AM, June 25, 2006
(offline)
Myspace rules!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
Ozoneocean at 3:20PM, June 25, 2006
(online)
The first time I stumbled upon MySpace was when I was looking up info of the latest album by The Darkness. I didn’t like the site much… And every single page I’ve seen there since (always when I’m doing a search for something else in Google), has been awful. It’s like a refuge for all the worst site design on the entire internet: Music that loads and plays uninvited, horrible big huge ugly background images, text and images all over the fucking place, text that generally doesn’t show up well (if at all) against the background images… MySpace gives non-scrolling backgrounds a BAD name.

Maybe it's a good social tool for good people like Volte etc, I can believe that it does have a useful purpose, it's just that it seems to also be the main home for net NOOBS to express their full net NOOBISHNESS: unabashed, full-frontal, Hardcore, eXXXtreme!

At least at places like Drunk Duck and Dev art noobs are channelled into making presentable webspaces…

And some stupid young girl in the US met an older fellow through Myspace who sexually assaulted her, so now she’s trying to sue it for a million dollars or so. Well, aside from being evil karma for her undoubted crimes against web design, WHAT kind of fucking moron do you have to be to just go of privately with some stranger you meet on the net? Seriously, haven’t people been warning kids about that sort of thing since the mid 90’s?
This MySpace = paedophiles phonebook is fucking skewed. People put their personal details on about a MILLION websites around the world, weirdos can use ANY of them. The trouble isn’t the weirdos (they’re always out there), the trouble is the stupid kids who fall for it. People need more plain simple intelligence and caution. They’re safer on the net than walking down the street.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:23PM
Terminal at 3:52PM, June 25, 2006
(online)
ozoneocean
At least at places like Drunk Duck and Dev art noobs are channelled into making presentable webspaces…

DrunkDuck is slowly falling toward that (at a rate of 1 comic out of every 80 comics.) Sites are begining to look horrible, not: "Hey, I'm new at this HTML stuff and I wish to learn." No, more like, how much shit can we dump on a page?

There's a fine line between having a radio.blog like Tater, Aqua, and I have. But having a radio blog, with some anime music video from YouTube, while an mp3 and MIDI plays in the background, with horrid background colors.

That's just pushing it.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Ozoneocean at 3:56PM, June 25, 2006
(online)
:lol:
SpANG at 5:43PM, June 26, 2006
(online)
Recent News:
Rupert Murdoch (C.E.O. of FOX) now owns MySpace!!!

Congratulations. I'm sure all of your information will be harvested “with the best of intentions”. Good luck with that. :P

PWNED. :twisted:

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
Mazoo at 6:58PM, June 26, 2006
(offline)
Ha ha ha. I'm glad I don't have a myspace.

ozoneoceam
And some stupid young girl in the US met an older fellow through Myspace who sexually assaulted her, so now she’s trying to sue it for a million dollars or so.

That's exactly like people suing McDonald's because they are morbidly obese. I think it's completely out of hand. It's the person's choice to go to McDonald's every day (or go meet some weirdo you find on the internet) yet they have absolutely nothing to do with the consequences of their actions. Yeah, hate to break it to you people, but reality doesn't work like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
Terminal at 7:20PM, June 26, 2006
(online)
Mazoo
That's exactly like people suing McDonald's because they are morbidly obese. I think it's completely out of hand. It's the person's choice to go to McDonald's every day (or go meet some weirdo you find on the internet) yet they have absolutely nothing to do with the consequences of their actions. Yeah, hate to break it to you people, but reality doesn't work like that.

But, people will always take the easy way out (OMG, I just killed 7 people, I was influenced by GTA, LAWL)

Sadly, no one wants to take responsibility for their actions anymore, they just want to shift the blame and add sympathy, for something they knowingly did, nonetheless.

.: Myxomatosis :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:09PM
Ozoneocean at 9:05PM, June 26, 2006
(online)
All true!
Just to get one thing straight though, I don't blame her for being assaulted, that's awful; Just for making an extremely stupid choice.
On the same note, I always felt that suing smoking companies was a bit silly too… People have known that smoking was bad for you pretty much since it first gained popularity several hundred years ago. There have been imbeciles and cynical bastards who’ve tried to claim that it wasn’t, or that it was actually good for your health (we still have that with cannabis), but universal experience has always shown that the long term effects of smoking anything (let alone addictive nicotine), are detrimental to health in the (again, that's long-term). And yet people are awarded millions of dollars against the smoking companies…
Money for being a moron.

-Smoking doesn't make you a moron. Believing you deserve money for dying of it does.
Ian Jay at 9:59AM, June 27, 2006
(offline)
Kennedy0
but anyways. I found this funny:

http://mypraize.com/

It's the cristian alternative to myspace.

I'm not against Christianity in itself, but… this just seems like another attempt by Christian church elders to get the younger generations to believe religion is cool. And no offense, but religion is not supposed to be “hot, hip and teen-demographic-oriented!”. Religion is something you have to find on your own, after formulating your own beliefs and believing in them like nobody's busines. It shouldn't be something you market to mindless teenagers with the hope that they might grow up to be the next Pat Robertson.

~IJ
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Ozoneocean at 10:17AM, June 27, 2006
(online)
Why hasn't that Pat Robertson guy been arrested yet? He's obviously evil and he even advocates acts of terrorism and treason against his own government! I know you Yanks love freedom of expression and all that, but that’s taking things a bit far…

I dunno about Christianity being about personal spiritual beliefs… That certainly is there, but the trouble is Christianity like all other religions retains that proto-government aspect from its origins (religion was what we had before monarchies came on the scene). They’re about organising groups of people and leading them a specific direction… They need impressionable followers to stay strong, so they need to recruit.
Ian Jay at 10:43AM, June 27, 2006
(offline)
Yeah, but… recruiting people by clearly expressing your church's main principles is one thing. Recruiting people by wrapping up your church's principles in a fake pop-culture coating, so that people will join for the music or the friends or the popularity and not the belief itself, is another.

~IJ
Ozoneocean at 11:03AM, June 27, 2006
(online)
Ian Jay
Yeah, but…
~IJ
I know, nasty isn't it? Christian rock is poisonous.
Ozoneocean at 12:16PM, June 27, 2006
(online)
What are some good Christian rock songs? There are some out there…
“Jesus is Just Alright” by The Doobie Brothers,
“All you Zombies” by The Hooters,
A few of the early Cat Stevens songs like “On the road to find out” and “Morning has Broken”,
“Shine” by Collective Soul…

I don't know, there must be more. Those are just cool songs. I can ignore crazy god lyrics if it's a good song (only the first two have crazy god lyrics).
Mazoo at 12:44PM, June 27, 2006
(offline)
Ian Jay
Yeah, but… recruiting people by clearly expressing your church's main principles is one thing. Recruiting people by wrapping up your church's principles in a fake pop-culture coating, so that people will join for the music or the friends or the popularity and not the belief itself, is another.

~IJ

Exactly! I have a very religious friend who brought me to his youth group one day, and basically it was about eating food and listening to people perform Christian Rock. I felt extremely awkward. Needless to say, I never went there again. (Besides the fact that that church is a bit… weird. It's known in our community as “Six Flags Over Jesus” on account that it's huge and all about recruiting as many young people as possible. Seriously, my friend got rewarded because he brought 7 of his friends to that youth group one night. )

The Killers have a slightly religious song of “All These Things That I've Done,” but you'd have to really look into it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM
SpANG at 1:00PM, June 27, 2006
(online)
Ian Jay

~IJ
Doesn't matter. It hardly ever works. :wink:

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
Ian Jay at 10:49PM, June 27, 2006
(offline)
Mr. Neil
Ian Jay
I'm not against Christianity in itself, but… this just seems like another attempt by Christian church elders to get the younger generations to believe religion is cool. And no offense, but religion is not supposed to be “hot, hip and teen-demographic-oriented!”.
Even so, I'm nothing short of amazed at how astonishingly uncool most hip Christian youth groups are. I mean, they don't even come close. You'd think that one of them could present religion in a somewhat appealing way.

Take Christian music, for example. You've seen the commercials, right? Like every CD collection has at least one band covering “Sing Of Your Love Forever”. It seems like the number one prerequisit for being a faith-based artist is to have absolutely no idea what type of music people actually want to listen to. There are exceptions of course, but they usually do so by making their Christian messages more cryptic. You know, like Creed.

Maybe the reason Christian youth hipsters are so uncool is because so very few of them make an effort to conceal their propoganda. I flipped through a Christian comicbook once. To my amazement, it had very little to say about love and God and a whole lot to say about instructing young Christians to denounce homosexuality, cool music, the evil secular media, and proper science.

All right, I get the point.

Look, maybe I was wrong about Christian groups. I realize that religious scouting is 10% actual belief and 90% marketing (and I'm not being sarcastic here– you need to get people's attention before you start laying down specific guidelines), and these guys just want to try out what's new and exciting. I can't fault them for that. Maybe, even, the only reason that they're failing at it is because religion has a “serious and somber” connotation that comes with the whole spiritual journey thing. And that doesn't appeal to people these days; they want salvation now, without all that confusing church dogma.

Besides, there are good Christian artists, like Sufjan Stevens, and Norman Greenbaum, and Relient K, and (who could forget?) Kanye West. So I'm sorry for being… I don't know… a bit hasty in my opinions. I'm still going to feel a little bit ashamed of my “Xtreme Teen!” copy of the Bible that I got on Communion (“The straight truth you want to hear, in words you can understand!”), but that's just me. Most aforementioned “church elders”, I guess, just want to help as many people as possible with their problems, and if MyPraize is the way to do it, then more power to them.

~IJ

PS: However, this isn't to say that I think that all Christian music is good on a musical level. Like regular music, the “Worship” section of your average record store contains a few good bands surrounded by a lot of… well… not-so-good ones.
Radmetalmonk at 6:26AM, July 16, 2006
(online)
http://www.myspace.com/radmetalmonk

Even though I don't really like myspace, it's fun to tamper with bulletins…

And also, what's with myspace bulletins and it's obsession with sex? Seriously, there's like a bazillion questions on it…great. wonderful. awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:59PM
ccs1989 at 8:12AM, July 16, 2006
(online)
Ian Jay
I'm still going to feel a little bit ashamed of my “Xtreme Teen!” copy of the Bible that I got on Communion (“The straight truth you want to hear, in words you can understand!”), but that's just me.

~IJ

X-Treme Teen copy of the Bible?! It's like they're trying to tell you to read cliff-notes for the rest of your life.

Alright, I'm gonna add that to my list of why I hate religion.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon