Media Megaforum

name 4 very VERY ennoying commercials you hate and 3 more u like
tiffawolf at 1:36AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
i tottaly HATE the new geico commercial with that stupid money character!
i mean why not just stick with the gecko? at least he was cute and not agrivating to look at.

i really despise the freaken “only u can prevent forest fires” commercial with that ennoying song at the beggining about the bear

and that freaken nasonex one with the stupid bee, oh god i hate that one, i just want to smash that little pest sooooo bad.

and OH MY GOD that new quiznos sub commercial! you cant tell me that one doesnt sound QUEER i mean listen to it, it make u lose ur appititehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQpRQh2KSQ what is tv coming to? geez!

i guess the 3 i like would be that car insurence one where the animals are screaming http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9df0Kz6A_58

i like all the geico commercial with the gecko

and oh my god this has to be the funniest commercial ive ever seen right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUv_FAL2jik
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
humorman at 2:28AM, March 28, 2009
(offline)
You know what was really funny? That GEICO commercial with the money. First, someone's like, “Hey guy, someone is looking at you in your face!” Then, the other guys like, “Relax guy, it's just the money you could be saving with GEICO.” Then, they play that cool song; it's cool because it's all techno like a techno club.

I LOVE GEICO!!!

You know what was also funny? The GEICO cavemen. First, the guy's like, “Hey, buy GEICO because it's easy! Cavemen can do it, too!” Then, the caveman's like, “Hey, that commercial says I'm dumb. I'm not dumb! Cavemen have feelings, too!”

BRING BACK THE GEICO CAVEMEN SITCOM ON ABC!!!

If you want the Cavemen sitcom back on ABC, just post here, until we get enough posts to send to ABC as a petition.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
tiffawolf at 2:33AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Someone
You know what was also funny? The GEICO cavemen. First, the guy's like, “Hey, buy GEICO because it's easy! Cavemen can do it, too!” Then, the caveman's like, “Hey, that commercial says I'm dumb. I'm not dumb! Cavemen have feelings, too!”

yeah i liked the cavemen commercials,they where pretty funny. u know they actualy had a short commedy show out too after that commercial
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
ozoneocean at 2:39AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Moving this the the media forum :)

I'm sure Humorman posted that exact response before to another thread…

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
skoolmunkee at 2:41AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Dang, I was gonna move it to WTH because, well… it seems to have that pointless quality to it.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
ozoneocean at 2:59AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Ah well, I dunno. Maybe there are ads other people can post about?

I don't watch TV so I don't know any… But I did watch it a couple of weeks ago when I made my Busby (when I ran out of DVDs), it was late at night s there were only infomercials on- one for “the Malibu Pilates chair” and one for some abdomen exerciser… They were both thoroughly hateful! >.<

JoeL_CQB at 11:02AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
i hate the goldpaq and stupid commercials about mesothemia or some crazy disease, that you can get and get mass money by sueing some random company.

my favorite is

and

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
Product Placement at 11:43AM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Most of the ads that stick out in my mind are in a language that most of you… ah let's face it, none of you would understand.

One that's kinda self explanatory is this one. It's a taxi advertisement that has an easy to remember telephone number as it's biggest selling point. It's catchphrase was “it's the line in the middle” pointing out that it only contains the numbers 2,5, and 8. Oh, and it featured a middle age white grandpa, sitting on his sofa, rapping the numbers to you. Love or hate it, it successfully brainwashed an entire nation and now all of us who's watched it can't forget that dam number. This ad is from the 90's and the fact that it's mercilessly still refused to be forgotten is impressive in it's own right.

P.S. I love the info associated with that video. Translated, the last part goes: “Even today do I hear that man rapping in my head as I stumble about piss drunk through downtown Reykjavik, struggling to punch in that taxi number”. That's so true.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Hawk at 12:57PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
I hate a lot of Apple commercials. Mostly those “PC vs. Mac” ones, because I enjoy my PC and feel like they're lying about the PC. I also hate those iPod commercials that play some currently-popular song that sounds like it's esoteric and under the radar, but it's not because everyone has heard it. And it shows people dancing in silhouette and supposedly they're using iPods, though nobody can even tell. It's like Apple's saying, "You don't know what our product looks like or what it does, but you wanna buy it because you like this song we're playing.

Those commercials are soooooooo ennoying.
But the Apple commercials are getting better lately, especially with the Macbook ads. They show actually features and stuff.

I also hate commercials for feminine hygiene.

Worst of all are probably the commercials about phone dating services that show a really hot girl supposedly using the service…. as if that's the only way she could ever get a date.

What commercials do I like?

Well the was the Elidel commercial, which was a skin creme for preventing eczema. A CGI superhero would come out of the product's tube and cure a lady's eczema, but then later as the product's side effects are being read, this superhero is dating the woman and eating ice cream with her in the park. Also, the hero is one foot tall.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Chernobog at 3:26PM, March 28, 2009
(offline)
Don't like:

'Zoom zoom' car: I don't even know what brand it is, but I twitch when I have to hear that kid whisper ‘zoom zoom’ like it's a conspiracy.

The new Cheeto commercials: Yeah. One has a tiresome valley girl stereotype being attacked by pidgeons while another has junk food being shoved up the nose. In fact, they all pretty much stink.

Geico: The ones with the dollar bills with eyes. The gecko is already annoying enough with that pretentious brit voice of his. I remember when he sounded differently.

Any commercial for a cartoon that has a clip taken out of context and given a new voice over to announce something. Meh.

Heck, I'll give you a freebie. Wonka candy commercials. He's too hyper compared to the movie version. The rubbery art sort of annoys me too.

Ones I like:

There was one during the superbowl of a koala (I think with a cup of coffee) getting punched in the face.

I actually did sort of enjoy the Geico caveman. Never bothered with the show, though.

The old Bud-Weis-Er commercials and the spin off with the ferret on the radio.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
AQua_ng at 3:57PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
All perfume commercials are pretentious and they fail to tell me whether they smell good or not.

Any Honda commercials are creative and they never fail in putting a smile to my face.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:59AM
PIT_FACE at 6:38PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
didnt necessarily hate this one, but it really gave me a suprise! heh heh.

it's this carpet commercial where this lady's sitting on the floor feeling the carpet admiringly, and her kids and husband are sitting by her at the coffee table, it think eating dinner or something. and she's going on about the quality of the carpet and motions to her family saying “it'll be here long after they are!” man i almost spit out my coffee and i wasnt even DRINKIN coffee!haha!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
PIT_FACE at 6:46PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
here, this one kinda weirds me out.

“dont cry for me, im already dead. BUURRRPPP!!!”

—–

kinda passionate about ads, eh Tiffa?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:44PM
ozoneocean at 8:43PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
Most of the ads that stick out in my mind are in a language that most of you… ah let's face it, none of you would understand.
It's great ^^

PIT_FACE
here, this one kinda weirds me out.
VERY creepy… and I think the Aboriginal kid is actually CG.

Nicotine at 11:50PM, March 28, 2009
(online)
Chernobog
Don't like:

Geico: The ones with the dollar bills with eyes. The gecko is already annoying enough with that pretentious brit voice of his. I remember when he sounded differently.

Ones I like:

I actually did sort of enjoy the Geico caveman. Never bothered with the show, though.

Aww, I love the dollar bill Geico commercials XD. And the cave man one. I actually like them all, I always thought those were funny.

One of the commcercials that I really like these days is this AT&T one:

It cracks me up everytime. And, I also like all the Target commercials; they're really creative.

As for the ones I don't like…I dunno, I usually ignore the ones I hate. Like someone said before, I don't really like the PC vs. Mac commericals.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
lothar at 3:44AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
Product Placement

same here , i am mostly confused by TV nearly all the time , i can't even tell when the shows end and the commercials begin . i hav pretty much given up on trying to make sense of it all , it's just a bunch of swirling colors and random words strung together . it actually reminds me of how the TV of the future was described in farenhieght 451

anyway , heres one of my favorites
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
ozoneocean at 4:15AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
lothar
it actually reminds me of how the TV of the future was described in farenhieght 451
Have you had your TV wall installed yet?

That RodeoBoy thing looks like a great gig sex toy. Or should I say “Sex-a-toyo!”

skoolmunkee at 4:19AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
I don't watch TV so I can't really comment on recent ads. I do like all the Honda commercials I've seen. There was a fruit juice commercial that spoofed the famous Bravia bouncy-ball ad, only with fruit, which was hilarious- fruit smashing everything, people screaming in panic. Stella Artois is a beer company here and their ads are usually entertaining (especially the short pseudo-art house film ones). And as dumb as it sounds, there's a series of ads from BT (telecom) that follow this guy and his girlfriend (who has kids) through their developing relationship. I think they're cute. :]

I can't think of any ads I actively hate. I do dislike ads that go the whole “hurrrr men are stupid morons, get a woman to do the job!” route though.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Product Placement at 8:44AM, March 29, 2009
(online)
I'm so glad I found this one. Saw it long time ago when I lived in London. My avatar can identify with these guys so, so much.

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved