Media Megaforum

name your favorite mangas
isukun at 1:16PM, March 15, 2006
(online)
Well, Nintendo likely wouldn't be the ones to release it. Plus, while it technically COULD get released, it's more likely that it won't. It's a hard game to market in the US since it takes a number of characters from comics that many people in the target audience will have never heard of. Since some of the franchises have targeted kids in the US, it would be kind of hard to mix adult and kid oriented animation for a product like this. Also, while the rights could easily be sold, most US releases of anime related games try to use the american voice cast. While the rights to the franchise itself aren't owned by the individual license holders, voice acting crews for some of those series are exclusive to those companies.

If there were an English release, it would likely be changed dramatically from the Japanese version. I could easily see them cutting characters and content like they did with the One Piece games.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
alexhatzia at 9:44PM, March 15, 2006
(online)
jet_set_samurai
Hey alexhatzia, how many chapters of 666 Satan are out right now? I just want to make sure I have them all. Which I probably don't.

i have 25 chapters, but i'm sure there's more

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Juliechan at 6:28PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)

Here are some mine. ( not in order thank you very much)

1) Detective Conan
2) Ouran High School Host Club
3) Kare Kano
4) Fruits Basket
5) Angel Sanctuary
6) Life
7) Paradise Kiss
8) Nana
9) Naru Taru
10) One Piece
11) Gals
12) D.N Angel
13) Kodocha
14) Marmalade Boy
15)Basically anything by CLAMP)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Eggbert at 8:15PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
JSS is a very fine game, and IGN has a great translation guide for it, with pictures and everything! It's the only game I've ever imported, and I managed just fine.

You really need a friend to buy it too, because the single cart multiplayer is sad.

There is no way it would ever be ported stateside. It would require EXTREEEME LEGAL BATTLE. And even if it did come over, it would be a ton of work for any translation company.

Oh and manga. I read One Piece, mostly. It's better than all the other Shonen Manga out right now, easily. I mean, the swordsman recently has a fight with a giraffe! That's quality manga, that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:19PM
kaminari at 8:47PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
Ushio to Tora
Kishin Douji Zenki
Hamerun no Baiorin Hiki
Bastard!
RG Veda

(Someone has to support the classics of the 90s)

I am FS2 champion! w00t!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:13PM
Rich at 9:35PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(online)
I'm a pretty big fan of the Inuyasha manga (Better than the already awesome show!), but I only have the first 5 volumes. :(
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:06PM
Kxela at 6:37AM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Naruto
Kekkaishi
Beck
DNAngel
YuGiOh
Battle Royale
Saikano
Yotsubato! (yotsuba&!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
mishi_hime at 10:24AM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
(in no real order)

maison ikkoku
anything old school by CLAMP
godchild
stuff from ice kunion
(its the new korean manwha label)
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
ccs1989 at 2:11PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
Ranma 1/2 is such a great comic.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Brinx at 2:30PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
Me it's…

Bleach-Started reading it yesterday and it was awsome.
Naruto-Only read up to where a certain character becomes evil.
And ages ago I'd finished this but still enjoyed it… Legend of Zelda: Ocorina of Time. Yes this “is” also a manga.

And that's it. Other mangas my brother fills me in on.
Forum games citizens.
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Adventures_of_Hybrid/
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Authors_Corner/
Read these two comic. You might just like them. Please.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:34AM
Kxela at 2:34PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
Brinx
Me it's…

And ages ago I'd finished this but still enjoyed it… Legend of Zelda: Ocorina of Time. Yes this “is” also a manga.

If i'm thinking of the same Zelda Manga (which i probably am maybe), then yeah that comic was totally kickass. it was two volumes (younglink/adultlink)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:24PM
Brinx at 3:37PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
Kxela
Brinx
Me it's…

If i'm thinking of the same Zelda Manga (which i probably am maybe), then yeah that comic was totally kickass. it was two volumes (younglink/adultlink)

Wow someone knows what manga I'm talking about. And they got it right as well. Cool.
Forum games citizens.
Dan at 3:42PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(online)
I used to read Bleach manga, Korean version. But just a couple of volumes.
But my most favorite is Super Radical Gag Family. It was the only manga/cartoon that made me laugh my ass off. The animated ones can go to hell.
“I like shooting, but I sure as hell don't like being shot at.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Comicmasta at 3:52PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
1) Trigun
2) Genosides (Hentai manga 83)
3) Pokemon (Back when it made sence instead of being a stupid little kids show)
4) Yu Yu Hakushou
5) Um the Gaia Online manga
6) and Mother knows Breast (Another hentai manga 83 )
7) Naruto
i have been brought back….The Boanitia..grrrrr…..Must find Super Jesus!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:43AM
Aurora Moon at 5:02PM, Nov. 6, 2006
(offline)
all of the manga I have, and also manga I mostly like, not in any real order:

1) Dears (from the covers and stuff, you'd think it was some tame shojo shit with magical girls or something, but it's actully the opposite. it sorta borders on hentai, but there's no sex scenes. just really adult situations. and you got the “dears” which is basically an alien race. goes to show you can't judge a manga by it's cover. I'm at a part where things are really getting intersting.)

2) Yuigioh! the first series, and the other series about the past, with the paraphoh's background. unlike the anime, the manga is amazingly good and surpisingly dark. I don't really like the series arch where it's just all about the card playing though…that part was clearly just written for the anime itself. the manga has different arches and “seasons” if you will.. whichy you can see under the labels of the manga.
example:
first series arch: “Yuigioh!” (actually has no cardplaying, it's all about playing deadly games of life and death, with no metions of cards in it at all… focusing on how Yugi is discovering and dealing with the fact that he now has “another him”, and on his relationships with people. dark, creepy parts in it).

second series: “Yuigioh: Millenum world” (about the past, in anicent eygpt focusing on the parapoh's past.. very intersting)

third: “Yuigioh: Duelist” (the series arch I didn't like at all, with all the cardplaying and stuff).

3) Excel Saga (tons of funny comedy stuff in it, plus characters that never appeared in anime).

4)Petshop of Horrors (love this series! I love how they have hopeful parts, creepy parts, and how the dective Leon and count D interacts.)

5)FMA: full metal Alchemist

6)Tenchi Muyo!
7)All-New Tenchi Muyo!

8) R.0.D: read or die!

9)Battle Royale

10)Uzumaki (horror manga, twisted tale about cursed spirals)

11) Gyo (another horror manga made by the same creator of Uzumaki. it's an grossy, gory story about fish with legs taking over the world, no I'm not kidding)

12) Aranca (fantasy story about an very young girl who can talk to animals and dragons, has to set out on a jounery with those males to save her city from war. they seem to take so long in relasing volumes though.. :( ))

13) bizengast (an dark gothic story about this girl and an boy who she's just friends with, discovering an tomb in the town of Bizenghast, full of lost souls wanting to be freed and relased.. and this girl, she somehow has unwittingly delvoped an contract with the underworld owners of the tomb. so she has to go back to the tomb each night to free at least one lost soul from it's misery, or else she dies and join the others in the tomb. it has this dark fairy tale feeling about it with each chapter).

14) Anquite Bakery (proably not everyone's bag.. conidsering it's just all about those men managing an bakery and how they deal with shit. for example, the man who founded this bakery did so because he was kidnapped as a young boy, forced to eat sweets each day for some bizzare reason, and now he wants to find the kidnapper by managing an bakery of sweets.. so that he can put his past behind him).

15) Anquite store (I condiser this an sort of spinoff or parody off petshop of horrors.. snice it's like petshop of horrors, only instead of animals you got those Anquites that takes on life of thier own, with an equally angydrous man who believes in the power of old things. got stories and chapters about the phoslogical things in life)

16) Fake (sorta an yaoi story about cops.. but the cop action on the streets are pretty realstic and impressive, as well as the dectivce work in some chapters. but if you don't even like seeing two guys kiss and grope each other, this isn't for you.)

17) Under the glass moon (my god, amazing story with the supernatural stuff.. I still want to know why they stopped making it after only volume 3!)

I have more, but I got lazy typing anymore.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
CZweig at 8:13PM, Nov. 10, 2006
(online)
All yous guys who said “Battle Royale” get ten thousand points. Points are redeemable for cash, prizes, and the internet.

Really now, “Battle Royale” is like my favourite thing ever. Hell, I even make refs to it in my webcomics. And yes, those of you curious enough to click that last link, even with all the awesomeness of characters like Shinji or Kazuo, Keita Iijima is still my favourite. Shush.

Okay, obsession aside…

1. Battle Royale. Hahaha like durr I just said that.
2. GaNTZ. More violence and gratuitous nudity, yes, but hella awesome. The only series that I've actually had to stop reading for five minutes so that I could cry because of its contents. (but then again I'm easily moved to tears) Only available in English in scanslations; I'm not really sure if anyone'll pick it up for legal translation.
3. Freesia. Yes, more violence and gratuitous nudity. I swear that's not my fetish or anything ._. Another scanslation-only as far as I know.
4. DeathNote. Yes I know it's a bandwagon, but it's a bandwagon for a reason; it's just that awesome.
5. Nana. Except the eyes sort of freak me out, with the way the eyelashes are drawn. They remind me of spiders, which I fear terribly.
6. The Kindaichi Case Files. Was a bit wary of the art style at first, but mmmmmm, mystery stories <3
7. La Corda D'Oro. It's extremely new and sort of corny; I don't know why but it just sucked me in and it is not letting go. And the art is pretty.
8. X/1999. I just wish they'd stop saying “fate”, “dreams”, “destiny”, and “the other Kamui” all the time.
9. Full Moon wo Sagashite. Like La Corda D'Oro, I don't know why, but it just owned my soul. It's just so anti-everything-I-like, but I like it anyway.
10. Ouran High. And I have such a stalker-esque story to tell about how I got into it, too. Pretty good, but the contents of volume five made me want to throw something. Haven't bought a volume since :(

… well that's Top Ten, that's probably more than enough :0
|
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
ccs1989 at 8:17PM, Nov. 10, 2006
(online)
Man, I wish anime of series would stop coming out after I've lost interest in a series. I was into Hellsing so much 2 years ago and then they made the next series and now I'm just like “Okay, that's pretty cool.” I'm not like “OMG HELLSING MUST BUY!”

Also with Death Note. I still like it a great deal and the anime is well done, but I feel my interest waning. Probably the events of Volume 7 did that to me…
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
deletedbyrequest03 at 5:07PM, Nov. 13, 2006
(offline)
ccs1989
Death Note…I feel my interest waning…events of Volume 7 did that to me…
I know :(

1. DEATH NOTE!!!!! :D Drawn well, and the storyline is so unique *small hearts*
2. Rurouni Kenshin! I love Rurouni Kenshin! Hahaha, I know everything about that show, lolz :D

Hmm… I heart manga, but those are the only two good series I possess right now…

I also have the first volume of Warcraft, and the art is AMAZING ^_^

Uh… yeah.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:04PM
Brinx at 5:23PM, Nov. 13, 2006
(offline)
DancingChaos
ccs1989
Death Note…I feel my interest waning…events of Volume 7 did that to me…
I know :(

1. DEATH NOTE!!!!! :D Drawn well, and the storyline is so unique *small hearts*
2. Rurouni Kenshin! I love Rurouni Kenshin! Hahaha, I know everything about that show, lolz :D

Hmm… I heart manga, but those are the only two good series I possess right now…

I also have the first volume of Warcraft, and the art is AMAZING ^_^

Uh… yeah.

Wait… There's a Warcraft manga?! This is weird.
Forum games citizens.
deletedbyrequest03 at 8:07PM, Nov. 13, 2006
(offline)
Brinx
Wait… There's a Warcraft manga?! This is weird.

http://www.tokyopop.com/P-7/

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Tora at 6:35PM, Dec. 15, 2006
(offline)
i like:
fullmetal alchemist
full metal panic
inuyasha
.hack
mini goddess
hare+guu
final fantasy
naruto
card captor sakura (was taken off air=()
sailor moon
dragon ball z
kingdom hearts (yes they made manga of it)
code lyoko

these are only some. just a few:)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:32PM
Rubygem at 9:47PM, Jan. 28, 2007
(offline)
1.Chronicles of the cursed sword
2.Sorcerer Hunters
3.Full moon
4.Midori days
5.Chobits
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM

Forgot Password