Networking & Community Projects*

NaNoWriMo???
Snevilly at 10:05PM, Oct. 10, 2010
(online)
http://www.nanowrimo.org/ <— Link to the main page in case you're not familiar with National Novel Writing Month.

Is anyone thinking of participating? Does anyone want to form some sort of writing/support/encouragement group from DD? I'm participating this year and I thought it might be fun to see who else is involved.

As a side note, would anyone be interested in helping me adapt a idea like this into something for artists/comickers?
One or two of them might just make you giggle: MyInstagram, projectBlog, andRPG Blog
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
I Am The 1337 Master at 5:40AM, Oct. 11, 2010
(offline)
I kind of want to try but everything I write nowadays either sucks or is so damn confusing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Snevilly at 9:53AM, Oct. 11, 2010
(online)
Well, the point of NaNoWriMo is to just get the manuscript into reality without thought to any editing or how good it might be. The idea is if you can just get it finished, then you can spend then next month or years editing it til your hearts content, but at least you've written it all out.

Thats what has attracted me to the whole idea. I usually end up writing several pages and loosing my flow because then I go back and start the editing process before continuing, or I edit as a go along and at some point loose my rhythm. Evil Emperor Nick told me once its better to just get it done and form the habit of writing or drawing consistently and worry about the quality and polishing of the project afterwards, which makes sense to me.

So I encourage you to try anyways, not be critical of yourself even if it sounds crazy and just get the story written, then edit later. :D
One or two of them might just make you giggle: MyInstagram, projectBlog, andRPG Blog
I Am The 1337 Master at 2:56PM, Oct. 11, 2010
(offline)
I'm going to try then. :)

Been thinking about it and saying “I can't be the worst writer there…maybe I'm the second worst” so I decided to go on with it.

By the way isn't the comic version of Nanowrimo 24 hour comic day?

Or I thought there was something called Nano???mo or somethin like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM
Snevilly at 1:13AM, Oct. 14, 2010
(online)
Well, I think 24 hour comic day is similar, but I'd like to attempt something a little more drawn out then one caffeine filled, frenzied twenty-four hours, lol. That way if you miss one actual day, you don't miss out on all the fun.

If we broke down the comic making process into steps and then split it into weeks, I think a month long comic bonanza would be freaking cool.

There is NaNoWriMo, which you know about and NaNoEdMo, which is basically the month in which you edit your entire novel. There is also ScriptFrenzy, which is the same kinda idea as NoNo, but for Movie/Television/Play scripts. Those three are affiliated with the “Office of Letters and Light”, which run NaNo in general.

Also, every year the NaNo team sends out encouraging letters to those who sign up and participate. The very first one I remember said that the books we read from the stores are not the books the author's first wrote. They are closer to our terribly crappy first drafts, much like the ones we would write for Nano and that only over time spent editing them, did they become polished. You certainly won't write the worst book ever written and you could officially call yourself a novelist, lol. Go for it!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon