Media Megaforum

Naruto Fan Club
json at 10:20PM, Jan. 10, 2009
(online)
mlai
Actually, Naruto doesn't repeat the pattern of “Here comes a stronger boss!” of DBZ. There's actually an overarching plot, and villains are foreshadowed. And there is not Space Flea Out of Nowhere. The bosses seem to get stronger simply because the main characters are finally getting ready to go out into their playing grounds. In the past they're just kids fighting mainly the bosses' underlings.

well, that is good at least. i'm still not a fan of the large gang of 8 friends all rolling together. “bleach” is a great example of this. my roommate loves this series too. it's like every other episode they add a new buddy with a special power to their group of friends and talking dolls to follow them around.

it's just become so common place in modern japenese comics and animation to overload characters on a story. this guy is fast. and this guy is good with swords. and his sister can see dead people. and her other brother can control the wind. and this girl is blind. and her girlfriend can manipulate time and space. and this guy is gay. and this girl can control sand. and this kid has the heart ring that lets him talk to animals. it gets to the point that i don't even f__king care anymore.

i'm not against japanese stories. i love DNA2, I"s, dragon half, & trigun as series. very solid with a core of 5 or so main characters and each one is VERY different from the next….even though 2 of these were written by the same guy!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
NickGuy at 10:50AM, Jan. 11, 2009
(online)
I tried to read the manga again…really, I did! and i just cant dig it. the art is just not my taste. its boring and un-dynamic, IMO. the characters seem very stiff. Idk if this is just because naruto is supposed to be older and taller or whatever, but everyone seems stretched. and the faces seem cookie-cutter.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
json at 11:09AM, Jan. 11, 2009
(online)
NickGuy
I tried to read the manga again…really, I did! and i just cant dig it. the art is just not my taste. its boring and un-dynamic, IMO. the characters seem very stiff. Idk if this is just because naruto is supposed to be older and taller or whatever, but everyone seems stretched. and the faces seem cookie-cutter.

i agree. it's like the artists just got lazy because the book became so popular.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
phantom95 at 9:15AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(online)
Does anyone know how to put banners into your signature?
I will devour your souls and also read my new comic RBB(Randomness By Birth)Check it out!!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
Ochitsukanai at 10:18AM, Jan. 17, 2009
(online)
Skullbie made a great thread that will show you how to put a banner in a sig.

Always, I wanna be with mew, and make believe with mew
and live in harmony harmony oh nyan
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
ccs1989 at 10:08AM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
Hawk
I'll tell you why I love Naruto… the kid yells EVERYTHING he says. And I mean everything. You see, I have a short enough attention span that if the character isn't yelling something every couple seconds, my gaze will wander and I'll be looking at my feet or the carpet.

“YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, SASUKE! I'M GOING TO BECOME A HOKAGE! DON'T GIVE UP, SAKURA!!!”

Plus, he gets bonus points for pronouncing “Sakura” so it sounds like “soccer-uh”. I like it when cartoons take their own creative liberties with how to pronounce things, instead of going with the established Japanese pronunciation. How they say “Sesshomaru” in Inuyasha is another great example.

One other really neat thing about Naruto is that they have really cool fight scenes, and they never make you watch them for very long. Putting flashbacks in the middle of a fight scene is a great idea, because I always forget what they did in the episode right before the one I'm watching, and interrupting something I was interested in helps make sure that I'm paying attention when the flashback comes. In the middle of a fight scene is also a great time to focus on minor characters who are watching the fight. I always wonder what people are talking about during a fight, and Naruto lets us know.

This is the best post ever.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
phantom95 at 2:51PM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
ccs1989
Hawk
I'll tell you why I love Naruto… the kid yells EVERYTHING he says. And I mean everything. You see, I have a short enough attention span that if the character isn't yelling something every couple seconds, my gaze will wander and I'll be looking at my feet or the carpet.

“YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, SASUKE! I'M GOING TO BECOME A HOKAGE! DON'T GIVE UP, SAKURA!!!”

Plus, he gets bonus points for pronouncing “Sakura” so it sounds like “soccer-uh”. I like it when cartoons take their own creative liberties with how to pronounce things, instead of going with the established Japanese pronunciation. How they say “Sesshomaru” in Inuyasha is another great example.

One other really neat thing about Naruto is that they have really cool fight scenes, and they never make you watch them for very long. Putting flashbacks in the middle of a fight scene is a great idea, because I always forget what they did in the episode right before the one I'm watching, and interrupting something I was interested in helps make sure that I'm paying attention when the flashback comes. In the middle of a fight scene is also a great time to focus on minor characters who are watching the fight. I always wonder what people are talking about during a fight, and Naruto lets us know.

This is the best post ever.
lol your right
I will devour your souls and also read my new comic RBB(Randomness By Birth)Check it out!!!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved